Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

General Wrestling thread

Posted by ugarte 
General Wrestling thread
Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: November 20, 2009 11:34AM

This weekend starts a big weekend for Cornell wrestling so it shouldn't be buried in a basketball thread.

Today, #3 Cornell kicks off the season against #10 Maryland. Coach Rob Koll talks about them here.

The matchups:

125 - No. 1 Troy NickersonFrank Perrelli (Cornell) 4 vs. James Knox (Maryland) 1 (CU 3-0)
133 - No. 6 Mike Grey (Cornell) 3 vs. No. 8 Steven Bell (Maryland) 4 (3-3)
141 - No. 8 Kyle Dake (Cornell) 8 vs. No. 4 Alex Krom (Maryland) 3[/b] (CU 6-3)
149 - Corey Manson (Cornell) 11 vs. Jon Kohler (Maryland) 7 (CU 9-3)
157 - DJ Meagher (Cornell) 1 vs. Kyle John (Maryland) 4 (CU 9-6)
165 - No. 10 Justin Kerber/John Basting (Cornell) 6 vs. Josh Asper (Maryland) 8 (9-9)
174 - No. 2 Mack Lewnes (Cornell) 18 vs. No. 4 Mike Letts (Maryland) 3[/b] (CU 14-9)
184 – No. 20 Steve Bosak (Cornell) 4 vs. Corey Peltier (Maryland) 0 (CU 17-9)
197 - No. 5 Cam Simaz (Cornell) vs. No. 3 Hudson Taylor (Maryland) WBF 4:45 (CU 17-15)
HWT - No. 12 Josh Arnone (Cornell) 4 vs. Patrick Gilmore (Maryland) 6 (OT) (MD 18-17) *sigh*

As Al D. previously noted, there are 4 matchups of top 10 wrestlers, with each school favored in 2.

Then, on Saturday, Maryland sticks around Ithaca and join Cornell as it hosts the Body Bar open with representatives from Army, Binghamton, Buffalo, Clarion, Columbia, Drexel, Ithaca, #20 Kent State, Sacred Heart and Wyoming.

The results will probably get posted here but if you are into Twitter, you can follow along at [twitter.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2009 08:22AM by ugarte.

Re: General Wrestling thread
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.194.---)
Date: November 20, 2009 02:46PM

This should be one heck of a match. Lots of intersting classes that can swing the outcome. Welcome to D1 Mr. Dake. :-)

Posted by: ansky629 (---.wireless.umnet.umich.edu)
Date: November 20, 2009 06:26PM

Is the wrestling match loading for anybody on redcast?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 20, 2009 06:27PM

ansky629

Just came up. Was getting worried about it saying 6:50 for the start time.

Date: November 20, 2009 06:31PM

Jacob '06
ansky629

Just came up. Was getting worried about it saying 6:50 for the start time.

And then it stopped after the "oh you look nice in purple" comment.

Posted by: Willy '06 (38.98.164.---)
Date: November 20, 2009 06:38PM

I've got nothing.

Date: November 20, 2009 06:39PM

Willy '06
I've got nothing.

Yeah, not getting wrestling, bball or hockey right now. Sent off a message to tech support for the wrestling.

Date: November 20, 2009 06:45PM

Well a great start on the biggest cornell sports night of the year, or whatever it says on the front of athletics. Anyone else try tech support? I haven't gotten any response from them yet.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 20, 2009 06:48PM

Tech support said it was a "small difficulty." Big or small, I'm getting zilch. Incompetent at both athletics and ICS.

Date: November 20, 2009 06:52PM

Al DeFlorio
Tech support said it was a "small difficulty." Big or small, I'm getting zilch. Incompetent at both athletics and ICS.

Its up now for me. Perrelli wrestled 125 and won 4-1.

Date: November 20, 2009 06:59PM

Grey lost 4-3. Now 3-3 on the dual.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:01PM

Well Lewnes seemed like he was about to get a tech fall to put us up 14-9 right when the video last froze. Not sure if he pulled off the last takedown or not, but we should be up at least 13-9 after his match.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:04PM

Jacob '06
Well Lewnes seemed like he was about to get a tech fall to put us up 14-9 right when the video last froze. Not sure if he pulled off the last takedown or not, but we should be up at least 13-9 after his match.
Mack's tech fall by 18-3. 14-9 team score.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:32PM

Shades of lacrosse. Maryland ties the heavyweight match with three seconds left and wins in OT to beat Cornell, 18-17

Date: November 20, 2009 08:36PM

Al DeFlorio
Shades of lacrosse. Maryland ties the heavyweight match with three seconds left and wins in OT to beat Cornell, 18-17

Looked like Arnone had horrible conditioning, looked half dead from the middle of the 2nd period on. He also thought the match was over when he gave up that takedown I think. Then he pretty much just gave up in OT. I feel like conditioning and/or trying to stall away the match with a lead seems to be an issue with some Cornell guys.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: November 20, 2009 09:46PM

Any clue why Perelli wrestled for Nickerson? Before the match, Koll said that he thought it might come down to Nickerson getting bonus points and he was right. Also surprised that Basting wrestled for Kerber. Any clue about that one?

Date: November 20, 2009 09:58PM

ugarte
Any clue why Perelli wrestled for Nickerson? Before the match, Koll said that he thought it might come down to Nickerson getting bonus points and he was right. Also surprised that Basting wrestled for Kerber. Any clue about that one?

The redcast didn't come on until after 125, so I don't think anyone knows. My best guess was to keep him fresh for the tournament, but I guess if Koll said that, he was counting on Nickerson tonight. We'll have to wait for word from the coaches.

EDIT: Another possibility is that maybe he didn't make weight.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2009 09:59PM by Jacob '06.

Date: November 20, 2009 10:19PM

Jacob '06
ugarte

The redcast didn't come on until after 125, so I don't think anyone knows. My best guess was to keep him fresh for the tournament, but I guess if Koll said that, he was counting on Nickerson tonight. We'll have to wait for word from the coaches.

EDIT: Another possibility is that maybe he didn't make weight.
Someone posted in the Cornell forum on Wrestling Report that Nick didn't make weight. Don't know about Kerber. He did the commentary on what little of Redcast was shown.

Date: November 21, 2009 07:18AM

Today's Ithaca Journal article says Nickerson was "sick" and Kerber has an "infected meniscus."

[www.theithacajournal.com]

Date: November 21, 2009 08:04AM

Al DeFlorio
Today's Ithaca Journal article says Nickerson was "sick" and Kerber has an "infected meniscus."

In the post-match report from Coach Koll, he said that Kerber is recovering from minor knee surgery but will be ready in early December. He didn't say anything about Nickerson but implied that neither of them will be wrestling today either. "Sick" and "didn't make weight" aren't necessarily inconsistent, if Troy's illness meant that he wasn't able to bring himself down to fighting weight but was willing to try, with Perrelli ready to go if he couldn't make it.

Edit: The IJ comes right out of the box with "Terripans"? Did the writer assume that terrapin wasn't a word so it wouldn't be in the spellchecker? And Basting didn't win 4-0 at 184, he lost at 165 (Bosak won at 184),

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/21/2009 10:04AM by ugarte.

Date: November 24, 2009 01:55PM

Cool video: Freshman Kyle Dake's takedown of #4 and returning All-American Alex Krom in the dual meet: [www.flowrestling.org]

Date: November 24, 2009 04:42PM

ugarte
Cool video: Freshman Kyle Dake's takedown of #4 and returning All-American Alex Krom in the dual meet: [www.flowrestling.org]
That was an amazing move. Dake came close to pulling that move off at least twice before in the match, but couldn't quite do it.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.med.cornell.edu)
Date: November 24, 2009 05:10PM

Al DeFlorio
ugarte
That was an amazing move. Dake came close to pulling that move off at least twice before in the match, but couldn't quite do it.

It seems like he was probably doing a lot of Greco-Roman training in the offseason with all the double underhooks he was trying. I'll be interested to see if he sticks with that style throughout the season/his college career. You really don't see people at the lower weights trying throws and such that much in college.

Date: November 24, 2009 05:42PM

ugarte
Flowrestling has video of all the Cornell-Maryland matches here: [www.flowrestling.org]

Mack Lewnes at 174 looks in rare form wrestling the #4-ranked wrestler in the country.

Posted by: bernie (---.hlrn.qwest.net)
Date: December 05, 2009 03:27PM

a story about 2010 recruiting classes - cornell ranked #5

[www.intermatwrestle.com]

Date: December 05, 2009 04:19PM

Cornell trailing first-place Ohio State by one (118.5-117.5) going into the championship round tonight (6pm EST) of the Cliff Keen Invitational in Las Vegas. Mike Grey (133) and Mack Lewnes (174) are in the finals for Cornell. tOSU has three wrestlers in the finals. Oklahoma is third with 109.5 but has only one wrestling tonight.

Troy Nickerson, Justin Kerber, and Josh Arnone were not entered.

Date: December 05, 2009 07:28PM

Lewnes wins; Grey loses; tOSU wins one of their three and wins the championship by one.cuss

Date: December 06, 2009 11:26PM

Al DeFlorio
Lewnes wins; Grey loses; tOSU wins one of their three and wins the championship by one.cuss
Kyle Dake loses the semifinal and the 3d place match to higher rated wrestlers (including #1 Reece Humphrey) in SV. He is going to be awesome. That's my takeaway from this tournament; that and great performances from Frank Perrelli (still filling in at 125) and Steve Bosak.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2009 01:33PM by ugarte.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 06, 2009 11:52PM

I didn't see this posted. David Auble to be inducted into the Wrestling Hall of Fame. There was an IJ article, but it's archived.

Date: December 08, 2009 11:19AM

Coach Rob Koll's Las Vegas Update
Sorry it took me an extra day to get this update out. We took the redeye back and I expected to write it on the plane flight back. Unfortunately Delta Airlines chose to play on evil joke upon me by wedging me between Damion Hahn and Taylor Moore. I attempted to reach my computer, which was under my seat, but my arms were tightly pinned to my side by Damion and Taylor's massive girth. Taylor prides himself on his weight gain now that he has moved up to 285. Damion on the other hand still claims to be hovering around 200 lbs. This claim is accurate however it is based on what he would weigh on the planet Mars. Despite terrible travel, 28 hours of travel time to get there and a redeye back, the team wrestled very well finishing a point shy of first place.

125 Frank Perrelli (So.)

Frank placed fifth and won four matches along the way. His two losses were to returning All-Americans. Frank has great speed and is developing into one of the country's finest 125 pound wrestlers. At the beginning of the season our goal for Frank was to develop his riding skills. I was pleased to see Frank get ridding time in all four of his victories.

133 Mike Grey (Jr.)

Mike dominated the competition up to the finals. In the finals Mike lost a close 5-3 decision. Mike also has been working on his top work and it showed as he also gained ridding time in all four of his victories. In order for Mike to get back to the podium in March he needs to continue to improve on top and continue to improve his attacks from the ties. In the past he has struggled when he attacks from too far outside. He has done a much better job this year and he will continue to improve.

141 Kyle Dake (Fr.)

Kyle showed that he is as capable as anyone in his weight class of winning the NCAA title. He did lose two overtime matches this weekend. One was to the returning national runner-up and the other to an opponent he had already beaten in the tournament. He also defeated a 2x All-American who is currently the #3 ranked wrestler in the US. I am not saying he will win the title, only he has the ability to win it this year. Considering he is only a freshman I see no reason why he will not continue to improve throughout the season.

149 Corey Manson (Jr.)

Corey is wrestling much better this year up a weight at 149. He went 3-2 in the tournament, beating a couple very good wrestlers in the process. Corey needs to improve on top and bottom. He is a strong as an ox but still struggles against leg riders. Over the next month he will be working on bottom and hopefully by the Southern Scuffle we will see improvement in this area.

157 Derek Schreiner (So.) & 165 Cody Hutcheson (Fr.)

Derek and Cody both went winless in their first significant college tournament. These two are physically very powerful young men who need to see a great deal more competition.

John Basting will be back in the line-up at 157 for the Southern Scuffle. John is a natural 157 pound wrestler and was wrestling behind DJ Meagher. John went up to 165 for the Maryland match when Justin Kerber injured his knee. Justin is back on the mats but only had a couple practices under his belt and we did not believe he was prepared to wrestle in Las Vegas. He will wrestle at the Scuffle, our next competition. It is unlikely that Meagher will be able to return to the mats due to suffering another concussion in the Body Bar tournament. He has had a couple and we hope that an extended period of rest will allow him to ultimately return to the mats.

174 Mack Lewnes (Jr.)

Mack won five matches on his way to the title. None of these matches were particularly close. Mack has not had an offensive point scored on his thus far and I would not be surprised if he does not have one scored on him the entire season.

184 Steve Bosak

Steve is 13-3 on the season and quickly establishing himself as on the top 184 pound wrestlers in the US. He placed fifth but this could have easily been higher as he let one match slip away in OT. Steve wrestles at a ridiculously fast pace and I expect he will improve greatly as he continues to wrestle himself into better shape.

197 Cam Simaz (So.)

It is hard to be disappointed in Cam's third place finish. Although he did get upset in the quarter-finals he came back to take third by pinning or tech falling five of his opponents. Cam makes adjustments faster than anyone I have ever coached. After his lose I asked him to focus on defense. He was giving up his legs too much and once his opponent got to his legs he did not punish his opponent. Over the next couple matches came made everyone who touched his legs "pay the price". Although I seldom believe in losses are a good thing, I will make an exception in this case. Cam is one hundred percent better defensively this year than last but this is still one of his weaknesses. After this weekend it is much less weak.

285 Taylor Moore (Sr.)

Taylor scored a fall but then dropped his next two matches. We need Taylor to develop quickly due to the absence of Josh Arnone. I expect to get Josh back for the Southern Scuffle and National Duals but he will be used sparingly.

All the best and no spell check! -Rob

Date: December 22, 2009 10:06AM

Cornell recruits Villalonga (140), Shanaman (152), and Peppelman (160) win their weight classes at the "Beast of the East" high school tournament, and George (189) takes 4th.

Brief post-tournament interview with Marshall Peppelman here on Flowrestling, with comments on "why I chose Cornell": [www.flowrestling.org]

Date: December 29, 2009 12:16PM

I'm not going to do this in more than one place, but I'm posting Cornell's results from the Southern Scuffle as I see them come in over on this thread at Wrestling Report.

Posted by: redfan (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 09, 2010 07:43PM

Freshman Kyle Dake beat #1 Reece Humphrey from Ohio State 8-4 today at the National Duals. Humphrey beat Dake in overtime in Las Vegas earlier in the season. Dake is a contender for a national championship.

Date: January 17, 2010 05:09PM

This Friday, Cornell has a dual match against regional rival Lehigh (which should be a comfortable win). It will also be the debut of a mascot much worse than Huggy Bear.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 17, 2010 05:30PM

ugarte
This Friday, Cornell has a dual match against regional rival Lehigh (which should be a comfortable win). It will also be the debut of a mascot much worse than Huggy Bear.

Pretty sure he was on screen at least once during the basketball game against Columbia.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: January 17, 2010 05:33PM

ugarte

Q: Not the Redman Cornell you were looking for? A: No. No, it is not. The most shocking thing is that he has friends. This is proof that Facebook is an inherently flawed entity.

Date: January 17, 2010 05:44PM

ugarte
This Friday, Cornell has a dual match against regional rival Lehigh (which should be a comfortable win).
Could be closer than you think.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.115.197.118.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: January 17, 2010 05:48PM

ugarte

"You gotta support the team!"

Date: January 17, 2010 06:08PM

RichH
Q: Not the Redman Cornell you were looking for? A: No. No, it is not.
Agree. Are we sure that isn't Diggory Venn?

Date: January 17, 2010 06:38PM

Al DeFlorio
ugarte
This Friday, Cornell has a dual match against regional rival Lehigh (which should be a comfortable win).
Could be. There are more close matchups than I expected (133, 165, 184). I expect bonus points at (at least) 125, 141, 174 and 197. The only place I see us possibly conceding bonus points is at Hwt - or if Nickerson has to MD. Even if Koll opts to hold Nickerson back, Perelli probably still wins at 125.

Date: January 17, 2010 08:48PM

ugarte
Al DeFlorio
ugarte
Could be. There are more close matchups than I expected (133, 165, 184). I expect bonus points at (at least) 125, 141, 174 and 197. The only place I see us possibly conceding bonus points is at Hwt - or if Nickerson has to MD. Even if Koll opts to hold Nickerson back, Perelli probably still wins at 125.
Classic case of "matchups" coming into play. Cornell will probably score more than twice the number of points Lehigh will in the NCAAs, but in a dual meet it could turn out to be a 5-5 split in matches, with 149, 157, 165, 184, and 285 conceivably going to Lehigh. They'll be fired up after the hiatus induced by the Mike Grey recruiting flap.

Date: January 22, 2010 10:06PM

Al DeFlorio
ugarte
Al DeFlorio
ugarte
Classic case of "matchups" coming into play. Cornell will probably score more than twice the number of points Lehigh will in the NCAAs, but in a dual meet it could turn out to be a 5-5 split in matches, with 149, 157, 165, 184, and 285 conceivably going to Lehigh. They'll be fired up after the hiatus induced by the Mike Grey recruiting flap.
I don't know if the recruiting flap had anything to do with anything, but you were right about the 5-5 split. All the matches were close, too, so nobody scored any bonus points and it finished tied 15-15.

Date: January 30, 2010 09:04AM

TWCNY is going to carry tomorrow's wrestling vs. Iowa State live at 1 PM. I don't know about any other TW cables.

Date: January 30, 2010 09:13PM

Informative preview of Sunday's meet against Iowa State here: [lighthousewrestling.com]

Date: January 31, 2010 01:04PM

Jim Hyla
TWCNY is going to carry tomorrow's wrestling vs. Iowa State live at 1 PM. I don't know about any other TW cables.
Yeah, it's in HD.banana

Date: January 31, 2010 01:37PM

Pretty amazing first period pin by Nickerson, then Grey loses a decision and Dake wins by decision. Cornell up 9-3 after 3.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 31, 2010 02:04PM

Jim Hyla
Jim Hyla
Yeah, it's in HD.banana

Televised on SNY. Not in HD.

Posted by: ugarte (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 31, 2010 02:53PM

Jacob '06
Pretty amazing first period pin by Nickerson, then Grey loses a decision and Dake wins by decision. Cornell up 9-3 after 3.
The loss by Grey pretty much sealed this match for ISU. We needed to be up more than 9-0 after Dake to even have a chance. Fanthorpe is a hell of a wrestler, though, so it isn't like Grey choked. As I type this, Cornell is down 16-13 and #1 Varner is threatening to get bonus points against Simaz, Hwt is going to go against us also.

OT -- HS extended family
Posted by: ithacat (---.cbs.cornell.edu)
Date: February 08, 2010 04:29PM

William Koll (96) and Corey Dake (112) won section IV titles in class C this past weekend.

Chris Nevinger (145), brother of Cornell recruit Mike Nevinger, won a section V title in class BB and was named the Most Outstanding Wrestler in the middle-upper weight classes. Chris sounds like a heck of an athlete. He was the MVP of the sectional final in football this past fall and is reportedly a decent pole vaulter. Chris beat Burke Paddock in the final -- Paddock's brother Ian set a NY state record for wins last year and is a freshman at Ohio State.

[www.democratandchronicle.com]

Mark Grey, brother of Mike Grey (who beat the aforementioned Ian Paddock in their dual this year), is a nationally-ranked 119lber at Blair Academy. It sounds like Mark is cutting his own path and it's doubtful he ends up at Cornell (at least according to this older article).

[www.hswrestling.net]

Date: March 06, 2010 01:51PM

Cornell leading EIWA after quarterfinals with 80.5 to 52.5 for American and Lehigh; 48 for Navy; 45 for Penn; 44.5 Bucknell

Date: March 06, 2010 09:35PM

After the first day, Cornell has put 5 wrestlers in the finals (Nickerson (125); Grey (133); Dake (141); Lewnes (174); Simaz (197)) and 3 are still alive for third place (Kerber (165); Bosak (184); Arnone (Hwt)).

As far as team scores go, Cornell is blowing out the field. The Big Red sits in first place with 124 points; Lehigh and Penn are tied for second with 92.5. Lehigh has three finalists, Penn has two.

125: #2 ranked Troy Nickerson faces Princeton's Garrett Frey. When Cornell faced Princeton earlier this year, Nickerson's backup beat Frey 10-4.

133: #5 ranked Mike Grey faces #14 Matt Fisk of Lehigh. Earlier this year, Grey beat Fisk 8-3.

141: #1 ranked Kyle Dake faces Jordan Lipp of American. Lipp is unseeded but beat the #12 and #22 wrestlers in the country to make it to the final.

149: Corey Manson faces David Greenwald of Rutgers for 7th place. Manson got a bit burned when the 2 seed was upset in the QF and ended up against him in the consolation bracket but he was a longshot to qualify for the NCAAs anyway.

165: #17 Justin Kerber faces #24 Gabe Burak of Penn in the consolation semifinal. When they met earlier this year, Kerber took a 3-1 decision.

174: #1 Mack Lewnes faces #13 Scott Giffin of Penn. When they met earlier this year, Lewnes won by major decision 13-4.

184: #15 Steve Bosak faces Rob Waltko of Bucknell in the consolation semifinals.

197: #4 Cam Simaz faces #23 Micah Burak of Penn. When they met earlier this year, Simaz won by decision 5-3.

Hwt: #32 Josh Arnone faces Kevin Lester of Columbia in the consolation semifinal. When they met earlier this year, Arnone won a 9-5 decision.

Date: March 07, 2010 09:54PM

125: Nickerson wins by fall to win the EIWA championship.
133: Grey wins 8-2 to win the EIWA championship.
141: Dake wins 9-2 to win the EIWA championship.
149: Manson loses by fall to finish 8th.
165: Kerber wins two matches to finish 3d and qualify for the NCAA tournament.
174: Lewnes wins 9-2 to win the EIWA championship.
184: Bosak wins by fall and then loses a close match to finish 4th and qualify for the NCAA tournament.
197: Simaz wins 3-1 to win the EIWA championship.
Hwt: Arnone wins two matches to finish 3d and qualify for the NCAA tournament.

Cornell ran away with the team Championship, finishing with 160.5 points. Penn finished in second place with 113.

5 champions and 8 NCAA qualifiers. It is possible that three Cornell wrestlers will be seeded #1 at the NCAA tournament and 5 will be seeded. This team is insane. Congratulations, Coach Koll.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 07, 2010 10:58PM

ugarte
This team is insane. Congratulations, Coach Koll.
When do we start the "Odds that Koll stays" thread?

Date: March 09, 2010 02:32PM

EIWA championship finals being shown delayed tonight at 8pm EST on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

Date: March 10, 2010 08:00AM

Nice article on themat.com about Cornell recruit Chris Villalonga: [www.themat.com]

Date: March 14, 2010 07:03PM

Cornell recruit Marshall Peppelman wins the Pennsylvania high school 160-lb championship: [www.flowrestling.org]

Post-match interview here with nice closing comment about why he chose Cornell: [www.flowrestling.org]

Date: March 15, 2010 05:10PM

Al DeFlorio
Cornell recruit Marshall Peppelman wins the Pennsylvania high school 160-lb championship: [www.flowrestling.org]
Sick reversal to start the second period and a great finish.

Dake named "Freshman of the Year" by Intermat
Date: April 01, 2010 11:14PM

Intermat named Kyle Dake the 2010 Freshman of the Year: [www.intermatwrestle.com]

Best quote: "Kyle Dake lived up to his nickname of Kid Dynamite," according to InterMat staff writer Tim Foley. "Dake is the most talented and well-composed freshman to come along since Cael." [Cael being Cael Sanderson, who finished his four-year college career 159-0 with four NCAA championships.]

Date: April 04, 2010 09:06AM

Video of Cornell 140 pound recruit Chris Villalonga winning at the Dapper Dan meet (USA vs. PA all-stars): [wpialwrestling.net]

Villaonga was outstanding wrestler at the meet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login