Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

this was a scam: trip to syracuse for cornell-syracuse basketball game 11/24

Posted by jdonofrio 
this was a scam: trip to syracuse for cornell-syracuse basketball game 11/24
Posted by: jdonofrio (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 24, 2009 10:31PM

The attached flyer for a bus trip to the Cornell-Syracuse basketball game was posted in the stands at the Red/White game. I am not running this and dont know who is but I figured I would spread the word.

Edit: I removed the flyer because this looks like it is a scam. The guy seems to have no affiliation with Cornell or the athletics department and the website he pointed me to is registered to some guy in LA. The whole thing looks real fishy.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2009 10:06PM by jdonofrio.

Re: trip to syracuse for cornell-syracuse basketball game 11/24
Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: October 24, 2009 10:56PM

I see something like this and think "Why the heck aren't student bus trips for hockey organized (especially for Colgate)?"

Posted by: mnagowski (---.allfirst.com)
Date: October 26, 2009 09:19AM

"Why the heck aren't student bus trips for hockey organized (especially for Colgate)?"

Because nobody takes the initiative?

Posted by: jdonofrio (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 26, 2009 06:18PM

I found out that you will also be able to buy just a ticket for $20 which is what Syracuse charges directly but you would be in the Cornell section.

There will be an event website up in the next 24-48 hours, where you will be able to purchase either the ticket, or entire package, directly online. There will also be points of sale on campus, at locations to be determined within the next 24 hours.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2009 06:22PM

mnagowski

"Why the heck aren't student bus trips for hockey organized (especially for Colgate)?"

There is also the fact that the dome is much bigger than Starr, so tickets are easier to come by. I also believe there may be a CHA bus trip for Colgate which would take up a good portion of Cornell's allotment of tickets there.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.somas.stonybrook.edu)
Date: October 26, 2009 06:35PM

Jacob '06
mnagowski

There is also the fact that the dome is much bigger than Starr, so tickets are easier to come by. I also believe there may be a CHA bus trip for Colgate which would take up a good portion of Cornell's allotment of tickets there.

They could always buy directly from Colgate, right? There were plenty of empty seats there the last 2 years.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2009 07:15PM

imafrshmn
Jacob '06
mnagowski

They could always buy directly from Colgate, right? There were plenty of empty seats there the last 2 years.

Colgate would probably just give away more free pizza to draw students in. Then the Colgate students could throw the pizza at the Cornell fans!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2009 08:49PM

Jacob '06
imafrshmn
Jacob '06
mnagowski

Colgate would probably just give away more free pizza to draw students in. Then the Colgate students could throw the pizza at the Cornell fans!
I try to get tix from CU, but have often reverted to getting them from Colgate when we are sold out. However, I don't know if Colgate would be as willing to have us sell a lot more directly to our fans. When I buy, I just leave them at will-call and they don't know which fans they are for.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.townhouse.clarkson.edu)
Date: October 26, 2009 09:19PM

Jim Hyla
However, I don't know if Colgate would be as willing to have us sell a lot more directly to our fans. When I buy, I just leave them at will-call and they don't know which fans they are for.

How could they stop you from buying tickets?

I mean, I understand WHY they would want to, but how can they say they refuse to sell tickets to opposing fans? And on top of that, how would they even know if you are an opposing fan, for all they know you are a Colgate fan who lives in Ithaca (unless you tell them otherwise).

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 26, 2009 10:28PM

Dpperk29
Jim Hyla
However, I don't know if Colgate would be as willing to have us sell a lot more directly to our fans. When I buy, I just leave them at will-call and they don't know which fans they are for.

Don't answer the phone when caller ID shows it's a 607 number.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Robb (---.1-85.cust.bluewin.ch)
Date: October 27, 2009 02:30AM

Dpperk29
Jim Hyla

I mean, I understand WHY they would want to, but how can they say they refuse to sell tickets to opposing fans? And on top of that, how would they even know if you are an opposing fan, for all they know you are a Colgate fan who lives in Ithaca (unless you tell them otherwise).
Harvard tried it for a while - you had to be in their database of students, alums, faculty, etc to buy tickets to the Cornell game, and they refused to mail tickets to the 14850 zip code. We got our friend's grandmother (who graduated from Harvard) to buy tickets for us until they dropped that policy.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.arthritishealthdoctors.com)
Date: October 27, 2009 07:29AM

Dpperk29
Jim Hyla

Well, if you go back to the original post, I hope you'll see that I was referring to tickets for a sponsored bus trip by CU. That's why I said they might not be willing to sell to us. I imagine they have the right to limit the number of tickets they distribute to the opposing school or it's groups such as the CHA. I didn't mean to imply that they wouldn't sell individual tickets. I can see how confusing my post was when I described how I got my individual tickets.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 27, 2009 10:41AM

Jim Hyla
Dpperk29
Jim Hyla

Well, if you go back to the original post, I hope you'll see that I was referring to tickets for a sponsored bus trip by CU. That's why I said they might not be willing to sell to us. I imagine they have the right to limit the number of tickets they distribute to the opposing school or it's groups such as the CHA. I didn't mean to imply that they wouldn't sell individual tickets. I can see how confusing my post was when I described how I got my individual tickets.

Well, there was also that year that Harvard would only sell tickets to the Cornell game as part of a 4-game package. Whatever jagoff had it in for us at the H ticket office has obviously moved on because they've been nothing but nice and accommodating to us ever since.

BTW, this reminds me... Here in CT, the Quinnipiac 'ticks have been running a local TV ad for hockey tickets. Specifically mini-plan "flex packs." Each "flex pack" contained one of the "Big Three" (their phrase, not mine) games of Yale, Cornell, or Harvard in addition to 3 other home games. The way it was worded, it sounded like the only way you could get tickets to one of those three games was to buy a "flex pack." I checked online, and while it's hard to navigate to, you can indeed buy individual tickets.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2009 10:42AM by RichH.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login