Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Big Red Hoops Schedule Update

Posted by CornellFan 
Big Red Hoops Schedule Update
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 06:51PM

In addition to Kansas, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Alabama, St. Joe's and La Salle, you can now add UMass to the 2009-2010 schedule with more big names still yet to be announced!

http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2009/06/schedule-update-cornell-to-participate.html

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Re: Big Red Hoops Schedule Update
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 06:55PM

CornellFan
In addition to Kansas, Syracuse, Seton Hall, Alabama, St. Joe's and La Salle, you can now add UMass to the 2009-2010 schedule with more big names still yet to be announced!

http://cornellbasketball.blogspot.com/2009/06/schedule-update-cornell-to-participate.html
And also Toledo, from this paragraph in the article: "Cornell is projected to play four exempt games in the tournament. In addition to UMass, Cornell will also face Toledo in Amherst, then will play two additional opponents in the other rounds."

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 07:09PM

Correct, did not mention Toledo since didn't think they'd excite anyone here.

But there is one more "big time" team and BIG TIME arena still yet to be announced for this season.

Alums will be happy when they hear it.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: June 02, 2009 10:31PM

CornellFan
Correct, did not mention Toledo since didn't think they'd excite anyone here.
I should be excited about Cornell playing a UMass team that was 12-18 last year?

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 04, 2009 10:57AM

So far the overall schedule is exciting. Games include Kansas, Syracuse, Alabama, Seton Hall, UMass, St. Joes and La Salle (with the Seton Hall and St. Joe's games in Ithaca).

Definitely some opportunities to get some wins in that group.

The UMass game is interesting because of the Max Groebe connection. Adds a bit of drama.

There will be one more "name" opponent added formally (with a great arena).

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2009 11:09AM

CornellFan

Do you really believe that repeating this builds some sort of excitement? 'cause from where some of us are sitting, repeating this makes you look like you just want people to know you have inside information.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: June 04, 2009 12:02PM

Beeeej
CornellFan

Do you really believe that repeating this builds some sort of excitement? 'cause from where some of us are sitting, repeating this makes you look like you just want people to know you have inside information.

"There will be one more "name" opponent added formally (with a great arena)" is the new "PM me for details."

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: June 04, 2009 12:09PM

Chris '03
Beeeej
CornellFan

"There will be one more "name" opponent added formally (with a great arena)" is the new "PM me for details."

No, it's worse.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: June 04, 2009 02:03PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Chris '03
Beeeej
CornellFan

No, it's worse.

I know whether its the same or worse. PM me for details. Or go to my blog, because I won't tell you here.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: June 04, 2009 02:35PM

You guys are not appreciative enough of the good news.

We have been playing way too many teams without names in unnamed arenas lately. This mystery "name" addition to our schedule is a welcome addition, and I for one eagerly anticipate the announcement!

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.60.172.18.ded.snet.net)
Date: June 04, 2009 03:09PM

Jordan 04

We have been playing way too many teams without names in unnamed arenas lately. This mystery "name" addition to our schedule is a welcome addition, and I for one eagerly anticipate the announcement!

Didn't name lose to brom last year? Our SOS is bad enough as it is...

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: June 04, 2009 03:19PM

Chris '03
Jordan 04

Yeah, but unnamed lost at Ylae.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: June 04, 2009 04:15PM

KeithK
Chris '03
Jordan 04

Yeah, but unnamed lost at Ylae.

But everyone lost to Ylae. Ylae is the new UHN.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: June 04, 2009 07:13PM

Jordan 04

Does that mean our hockey team is going back to [censored] Arena to play the North Dakota Fighting [censored]?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: June 04, 2009 08:45PM

I'll spill it, we're playing the 1992 Dream Team at the top of Mount Everest.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Rita (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 04, 2009 09:25PM

French Rage
I'll spill it, we're playing the 1992 Dream Team at the top of Mount Everest.

Awesome! cheer

It will be worth any PPV price to see the "Round Mound of Rebound" and his now ~ 2 inch vertical jump from the clips I saw the other night. Unfortunately Charles probably won't be doing much trash-talking due to the lack of oxygen at that altitude.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: June 06, 2009 03:38PM

I haven't been given the permission to publish the detailed information, so I have not mentioned it on our Blog or here (or any other message board).

And sorry for the teaser. But was only trying to convey that despite an already impressive schedule for the Big Red (Kansas, Syracuse, Alabama, Seton Hall, St. Joe's, LaSalle, UMass), we still have more good stuff to add to it.

The game I was hinting to in the original post involves a BCS team and a major venue that Cornell alums should be able to attend in large numbers. The game should be during a weekend, which also makes it attractive. Game could also involve some tv coverage.

Unfortunately, attempts to schedule Siena and Penn State failed this year. Siena wanted us to visit Albany as part of a renewed 2-year series, even though we went to them last year. They seem to think of themselves as Gonzaga right now. PSU also turned down visiting Ithaca. But thats ok, we've got Seton Hall and St. Joes coming to town, which is very nice for our growing program.

As for potential "upsets"--- Keep in mind-- we really didn't get a chance to pull off any upsets last year because we played the 1st semester without Lou Dale (and Gore).

Add Dale into the mix (returning all 5 starters from a year ago) with our Kentucky and UMass transfers... and well, this could be an exciting season.

Max Groebe (UMass) could be our leading scorer this year. And Mark Coury is going to be a crowd favorite with his physicality, intensity and hustle.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login