Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs. Syracuse

Posted by Greenberg '97 
Cornell vs. Syracuse
Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 23, 2009 05:13PM

LET'S GO RED!!!

Re: Cornell vs. Syracuse
Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 23, 2009 05:18PM

Well I think after the Bemidji Grand Rapids fiasco I'm gonna be superstitious and not allow myself to go to the finals. Hopefully against Syracuse we can use the same game plan and slow the ball down and keep a lot of posession.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mycingular.net)
Date: May 23, 2009 05:22PM

Woot! Awesome
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 01:00PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 23, 2009 05:29PM

Local derby for the cham-peen-ship!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2009 08:46PM

Jacob '06
Well I think after the Bemidji Grand Rapids fiasco I'm gonna be superstitious and not allow myself to go to the finals. Hopefully against Syracuse we can use the same game plan and slow the ball down and keep a lot of posession.
Well, however some people want to say it, Bemidji was not the finals, so it should have no bearing here. Go and enjoy.**]

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.lightspeed.nrwlct.sbcglobal.net)
Date: May 24, 2009 10:04AM

If I'm not mistaken, neither team has trailed in a tournament game so far.

The big question on defense for CU is how well Moyer's legs handle two games in three days.

Go Cortland! Go Red!

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 24, 2009 11:04AM

Chris '03
If I'm not mistaken, neither team has trailed in a tournament game so far.

The big question on defense for CU is how well Moyer's legs handle two games in three days.

Go Cortland! Go Red!
Or our goalie work. SU has the edge here, we need to at least do well. We can't have to change goalies in the game, or we've lost.

Next is our depth; I think SU also does well here. The easy game with Virginia will help. If we played this as a best of seven, SU would win. With one game, we can put it together.

And Go Lemoyne, Cortland, and Red. OCC has already won their championship!

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 24, 2009 11:57AM

After staying and eating and drinking until they shut us down as it was getting dark last night (that really was one awesome party that Cornell threw all day), I can't even fathom the thought of doing it again...but I'm sure I'll find a new wind when I wake up tomorrow morning.

For tomorrow:

-Lots open at 9 a.m.

-Tailgating will be in the same hospitality tents

-It will be BYOB again but unlike yesterday, I'm told there will be no food or drinks served pre-game - just look at how much was spent on yesterday.

-Post-game there will be food and drinks (pulled pork according to Al - maybe he's cooking!) and the team just like yesterday and hopefully a nice shiny trophy that doesn't say second place or runner-up on it.

Date: May 24, 2009 01:05PM

Jim Hyla
Jacob '06
Well, however some people want to say it, Bemidji was not the finals, so it should have no bearing here. Go and enjoy.**]

Not that I don't usually agree with what Jim has to say, but I really really agree with what he's saying. Grand Rapids was a fluke. You showing up had nothing to do with us losing to Bemidji. Days like tomorrow don't come around every decade. They use to and maybe this is the start of something, but if it's not, you'll have only regrets if you miss this. This is a national championship game. I'll expect to see you. It's only four hours max and no foreign border crossings. The beer I'll have waiting for you will get very lonely if you're not there.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 24, 2009 02:29PM

I was tempted to make the trip myself, but it would be after getting home to NYC from Atlanta at about 1am, and I really have too much to do. But I'm certainly going to watch it on TV, whether at home or at Ship of Fools.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 24, 2009 07:18PM

The team gets a shout-out from Skorton at commencement:

We are sorry that our men's lacrosse team seniors could not be with us today; they are with their teammates in Foxborough, Massachusetts, preparing for tomorrow's national championship game against Syracuse. Their victory yesterday against #1 Virginia earned them this honor for the first time in 21 years…somehow I think they would rather there than here.

Date: May 24, 2009 08:50PM

Sitting here, contemplating tomorrow's game, I can't help but think how I have never ever been so eager for it to be Monday morning already.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 24, 2009 11:05PM

Is it Monday yet?

No matter what happens, thank you, seniors -- players, managers, band, fans, everyone. What a great ride this has been.

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 04:17AM

LGR!LGR!LGR!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 06:58AM

nm.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 07:04AM by Jordan 04.

Date: May 25, 2009 08:04AM

Hey, it's Monday morning everybody. And it looks like a beautiful day. See some of you at the tents in a couple of hours.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 08:40AM

Tom Pasniewski 98
Hey, it's Monday morning everybody. And it looks like a beautiful day. See some of you at the tents in a couple of hours.

That's not the Tom Pasniewski 98 I was hoping to see this morning. I think what you meant to say was:

Screw 'em.

IT IS MONDAY! IT IS TIME TO ROCK!

LET'S GO RED!

Posted by: WillR (---.netvigator.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 09:58AM

Does anyone know where those of us not living in the States can watch this? I am pretty sure that the Hong Kong channels will not have it.

Any webcasts that people know of?

LGR!!

-Will

International Options
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 25, 2009 10:06AM

WillR
Does anyone know where those of us not living in the States can watch this? I am pretty sure that the Hong Kong channels will not have it.

One option is to try to get espn360 via a proxy server on the right ISP in the US, but I never managed to do that.

In Europe the game will be available live via satellite on what used to be called NASN, which is apparently now ESPN America:

[www.espnamerica.com]

(So if I were still in Berlin, I would go to a bar with a satellite dish.)

Do you have an expat bar where people watch baseball, rugby, English soccer, cricket, etc? They might get the equivalent Asian network.

If all else fails, there is audio at [www.cornellbigred.com] which I thought was supposed to be free, but it looks like you might need to pay $6 for a one-day subscription.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 10:07AM by jtwcornell91.

Re: International Options
Date: May 25, 2009 10:15AM

Oh, also, if you know someone who has a slingbox...

FWIW, it doesn't seem to be on ASN:

[asn.tv]
[asn.tv]

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: May 25, 2009 10:24AM

See the last paragraph. Max Quinzani didn't cause much trouble for Syracuse on Saturday... He probably won't be a factor today:

[sports.espn.go.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 10:52AM

Jim Hyla
If we played this as a best of seven, SU would win. With one game, we can put it together.

c.f. Cornell-Virginia cheer

Posted by: Robb (---.gradacc.ox.ac.uk)
Date: May 25, 2009 12:01PM

jtwcornell91
WillR

One option is to try to get espn360 via a proxy server on the right ISP in the US, but I never managed to do that.

In Europe the game will be available live via satellite on what used to be called NASN, which is apparently now ESPN America:

[www.espnamerica.com]

Do you have an expat bar where people watch baseball, rugby, English soccer, cricket, etc? They might get the equivalent Asian network.

If all else fails, there is audio at [www.cornellbigred.com] which I thought was supposed to be free, but it looks like you might need to pay $6 for a one-day subscription.

It also doesn't appear to be on ESPN360 Europe (at least in the UK), so I think I'm stuck with audio. I'll certainly check for it on ESPN360 at gametime, but it's not listed now, so I'm not too hopeful. :(

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: May 25, 2009 12:06PM

Maybe our friend over at justintv is going to broadcast it? You'd have to dig through the hockey threads to find it, though.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:08PM

Robb
jtwcornell91
WillR

[www.espnamerica.com]

It also doesn't appear to be on ESPN360 Europe (at least in the UK), so I think I'm stuck with audio. I'll certainly check for it on ESPN360 at gametime, but it's not listed now, so I'm not too hopeful. :(

There's no place near you that has EPSN America/NASN? I guess there aren't so many American expat bars?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 01:35PM

3-2 Red after 1... this ain't gonna be a walkover

Syracuse looks very good on ground ball especially, but we're quite sharp on both ends as well.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:40PM

Gotta stop turning the ball over on clears.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:49PM

DeltaOne81
3-2 Red after 1... this ain't gonna be a walkover

Syracuse looks very good on ground ball especially, but we're quite sharp on both ends as well.
I'm just listening, but it sure sounds like we're having to work harder for what we're getting, while Syracuse is able to pounce quickly and convert. Then again, maybe that's just our deliberate style at work.

Date: May 25, 2009 01:52PM

The pick play for Pannell seems like it should be so easy to stop, but nobody ever does.

Posted by: min (---.dynamic.hinet.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 01:59PM

A little late, but you can watch the game online here (provided that you have a fast internet connection):

[sticktv.net]

(click on channel 2)

Let's go red!

Date: May 25, 2009 02:09PM

Robb
I'm just listening, but it sure sounds like we're having to work harder for what we're getting, while Syracuse is able to pounce quickly and convert. Then again, maybe that's just our deliberate style at work.

I'd say 2 parts our style, 1 part SU just being that good.

The good news: we're up 2 at the half. The bad news: we're playing as good as we have all year, and, score aside, it seems pretty 50/50.

This'll be a good one.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 02:10PM

Leading at half, but they have made a number of mistakes that they can't afford to make in the second half if Syracuse comes out of the locker room gunning. Syracuse looks very good on offense, so Cornell really can't afford to give up any turnovers.

Let's go Red!

Posted by: saff678 (206.53.147.---)
Date: May 25, 2009 02:14PM

Hey all, a couple of friends and I are driving home after graduating yesterday, so we just have phone access, is anyone in a position to give more frequent score and time updates, a la hockey? Would be much appreciated if possible. Thanks!

Date: May 25, 2009 02:27PM

saff678
Hey all, a couple of friends and I are driving home after graduating yesterday, so we just have phone access, is anyone in a position to give more frequent score and time updates, a la hockey? Would be much appreciated if possible. Thanks!

Saff, I PMed you to ask for your number, in case you didn't see it.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 02:39PM

7-5 Cornell, 6:38 to go 3rd

Date: May 25, 2009 02:42PM

Great long possessions. Gotta keep making them count at the end.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:47PM

Still 7-5, 3rd just ended

Date: May 25, 2009 02:49PM

I don't know the rules well enough to understand why the stall warnings towards the end of the 3rd quarter. It didn't seem like we were doing anything different on offense than we have been the whole game.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:49PM

min
A little late, but you can watch the game online here (provided that you have a fast internet connection):

[sticktv.net]

(click on channel 2)

Let's go red!
Thank you!!!

Fortunately, I'm on Oxford's LAN, so speed is no issue. :)

Date: May 25, 2009 02:51PM

Jordan 04
I don't know the rules well enough to understand why the stall warnings towards the end of the 3rd quarter. It didn't seem like we were doing anything different on offense than we have been the whole game.
You can only hold it so long without taking a shot - not a hard and fast time (like a BB shot clock), up to the ref's discretion. Once that happens, you have to keep it in the box, so it makes it easier for the defenders to force a turnover.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:51PM

Jordan 04

Refs are getting tired of our slow-down style, methinks.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:52PM

DeltaOne81
Jordan 04

Refs are getting tired of our slow-down style, methinks.
I don't want to see another goal... :)

Date: May 25, 2009 02:52PM

Robb
Jordan 04
You can only hold it so long without taking a shot - not a hard and fast time (like a BB shot clock), up to the ref's discretion. Once that happens, you have to keep it in the box, so it makes it easier for the defenders to force a turnover.

Should have clarified. I understand the rule; I don't understand why we're being called for it after being deliberate on offense all day.

Date: May 25, 2009 02:53PM

7-6 now

Posted by: Cornell11 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 25, 2009 02:55PM

getting nervous here

lgr

Date: May 25, 2009 03:00PM

Still 7-6, about 8:00 to go

Date: May 25, 2009 03:01PM

8-6 Cornell 7:20 to go

Date: May 25, 2009 03:02PM

Siebald!!! What a head of steam he had coming down the middle. Wow.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:02PM

8-6 after a goal from Seibald

Need to win this faceoff

Come on, Glynn

Date: May 25, 2009 03:04PM

9-6 5:31 to go!

Date: May 25, 2009 03:10PM

9-7 3:37 to go

Date: May 25, 2009 03:12PM

Uh oh. 9-8 2:46 to go

this prick announcer was acting like the game was over

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)

Cmon just get a fo and get one more.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: May 25, 2009 03:13PM

Please win a faceoff. Thanks.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:18PM

9-8, 90 sec to go, TO Syr in case anyone's wondering.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:18PM

oh wow this is incredibly intense

Date: May 25, 2009 03:21PM

my bad....
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2009 03:23PM by min.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:21PM

9-9 4 seconds left

Date: May 25, 2009 03:22PM

oh no!

Date: May 25, 2009 03:22PM

unbelievable

Date: May 25, 2009 03:24PM

Going to overtime

Date: May 25, 2009 03:25PM

i like the mets, jets, and rangers

why am i not surprised?

Date: May 25, 2009 03:26PM

This is not good. We're gassed, SU has the Mo, and they have the guns.

Time to dig DEEP.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:29PM

10-9 SU Final

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: May 25, 2009 03:30PM

The agony of defeat, on an instance of clock mismanagement worthy of Andy Reid. Sigh.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:30PM

Painful.

Date: May 25, 2009 03:33PM

That was about our typical game for the year, except they combined all the mistakes into the last 3 minutes.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login