Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Final Four Tickets

Posted by ebilmes 
Final Four Tickets
Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 04:26PM

Anyone planning to make the trip to Foxboro/Foxborough next weekend? I did some looking for tickets.

[www.athletics.cornell.edu]

Cornell is offering a lottery for all-session passes, but you won't find out until Thursday at 5pm if you are selected. Cost is $98 per person, so I assume the seats will be close to the field.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Tomorrow at 10am, single-day tickets go on sale at Ticketmaster. Listed price is $38 (plus TM fees), so I think these will be in the upper deck.

Ticketmaster is also selling all-session tickets for $70, $80, or $90. I just tried searching for a single ticket at any price/location, and nothing came up, so maybe these are sold out? Who knows.

[lax2009.kraftsportsgroup.com]

There are order forms on the official site, but I don't know how much luck you'll have with that route.

Re: Final Four Tickets
Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 07:07PM

Those of you in need of public transportation, there appears to be a train all three days from the South Station Amtrak station directly to the stadium.

[www.ticketmaster.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 07:12PM

Tom Pasniewski 98
Those of you in need of public transportation, there appears to be a train all three days from the South Station Amtrak station directly to the stadium.

[www.ticketmaster.com]
Last year that train was sold out and there was much screaming about running multiple trains in 2009. I thought Phil Buttafuoco had said there would be additional trains, but that might easily be a hallucination on my part.

Date: May 17, 2009 08:20PM

Bob Kraft's site lists just one train and it says it leaves from Back Bay station. Why it would not also leave from South Station I don't know. Just something to verify for those interested.

So the 'official' tickets offered through Cornell are for all three days. Hmmm...that's interesting but I'm sure the NCAA's rule, not Cornell's idea. Well, I'll probably go in for all three days. Better stock up on the tailgating supplies now.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.143.14.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:23PM

Two years ago, I bought what I thought was a ticket for Saturday and Monday only (as was available in the past). When I showed up at the window, turns out I'd bought a 3-day ticket, and there was no 2-day ticket offered.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:31PM

I believe it's either one day at a time or the whole weekend. They're hoping bored D1 fans will go see the other games Sunday.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.102.143.14.res-cmts.sm.ptd.net)
Date: May 17, 2009 09:38PM

billhoward
I believe it's either one day at a time or the whole weekend. They're hoping bored D1 fans will go see the other games Sunday.

Yeah, well. I'll be in New Hampshire.

Date: May 17, 2009 09:55PM

billhoward
Few did last year.

Date: May 18, 2009 10:21AM

Very strange behavior at Ticketmaster. The only price choice it gives is $38, but the tickets that are offered under "best available" are $63 plus $17 service charge. When I ask for upper deck, it says none available.

Date: May 18, 2009 10:32AM

Now even stranger. Gave me two lower level tickets in section 125 (a corner) in row 7 for $38 each plus the outrageous service charges.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 18, 2009 10:38AM

I just got my tix to just the D1 games. Total was about $100 with Ticketshafter charges.

Seats were in the lower bowl, near mid-field. I tried to buy upper deck but it wouldn't let me. I also tried the full session pass and it also wouldn't let me.

Date: May 18, 2009 10:50AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
I just got my tix to just the D1 games. Total was about $100 with Ticketshafter charges.

Seats were in the lower bowl, near mid-field. I tried to buy upper deck but it wouldn't let me. I also tried the full session pass and it also wouldn't let me.
Did you get single tickets, Jeff? I tried a number of times for two on Saturday and it always offered corners, first at $63, then later at $38.

Another strange experience: When I bought the tickets it said total charge would be $103.09 including an order processing fee of $5.69. On the page from which I printed the tickets it said the order processing charge is $3.35. I'm betting it turns out to be the bigger of the two.

Date: May 18, 2009 11:00AM

Yeah, I bought singles.

Day 1 - Sec 111, Row 2, seat 15.

Day 2 - Sec 130, Row 16, seat 17.

They hit me for $15 in fees for each day. Bastards!

Date: May 18, 2009 11:16AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Yeah, I bought singles.

Nice seats. Congrats. They're bigger crooks than the credit card banks.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 11:28AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Yeah, I bought singles.

Unzip Eliot. Where's avenging angel Eliot Spitzer (the AG not governor) when you need him? Free enterprise means they should be free to charge what they want, but if you get hit with a fee even when you buy in person at the box office ... a fee scaled to ticket price not per order ... and in some cases a convenience fee when you print the tickets yourself rather than have them mailed to you, something's amiss. The Ticketmaster flap over instantly unavailable Springsteen tickets should have been a wake-up call to clean their houses.

My experience in Maryland was calling stadium directly for tickets two years ago in Baltimore and one day before the game getting front row (end zone) seats with the perfect view of Zack Greer's backbreaker goal. Wasn't I lucky!

Date: May 18, 2009 12:43PM

I bought tix in the upper deck for Baltimore, and moved down to the lower deck (and into the shade) for the second game. There were plenty of empty seats.

I wanted to to do the same thing here, but those tix apparently weren't on sale yet.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 18, 2009 01:18PM

The $38 tickets become $49.50 tickets once you tack on the damn charges. We have seats in 101, which is the corner of the lower bowl.

Date: May 18, 2009 01:49PM

We've now got 'em surrounded: sections 101, 111, and 125.

Date: May 18, 2009 02:27PM

I'm holding out to get tix through Cornell. That's odd that it's $100 for just two days with fees through Ticketmaster and the tix through Cornell are $98 for three days with all fees.

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr5.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: May 18, 2009 03:36PM

Damn, with all these fees they're charging, I think I'll drive down there tomorrow and buy directly from the box office. Even if gas were still $4/gal, I'd come out way ahead.

Date: May 20, 2009 12:19PM

Killer
Damn, with all these fees they're charging, I think I'll drive down there tomorrow and buy directly from the box office. Even if gas were still $4/gal, I'd come out way ahead.

If I'd known you were going to do that, I wouldn't have bought through Ticketshafter. I'd have asked you to buy a set of tix for me.doh

Date: May 20, 2009 12:58PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Killer

If I'd known you were going to do that, I wouldn't have bought through Ticketshafter. I'd have asked you to buy a set of tix for me.doh

Sorry. I didn't know myself. I thought a buddy was going to be getting tix for us, as he did last year. But he's away Saturday, so he's opted out. So after reading all these posts about the surcharges, I got to thinking it makes sense to go there in-person. Hopefully, they won't have some weird charges they add regardless.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 20, 2009 01:02PM

Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Killer

Sorry. I didn't know myself. I thought a buddy was going to be getting tix for us, as he did last year. But he's away Saturday, so he's opted out. So after reading all these posts about the surcharges, I got to thinking it makes sense to go there in-person. Hopefully, they won't have some weird charges they add regardless.

You mean like charging you to park your car so you can buy tickets in person. I'm hoping that the ticket office folks won't wait till tomorrow at 5 to figure out that they have less applications for tickets by today at 5 then they do supply.

Date: May 21, 2009 04:25AM

Speaking of parking, parking in official Gillette stadium lots is supposed to be FREE for the duration of the weekend from 8 a.m. to 2 hours after the end of the last game each day. This is not a bad deal now that I have the Cornell package for tickets for all three days.

Date: May 21, 2009 12:42PM

Killer
Jeff Hopkins '82
Killer

You know I was kidding, yes?

Date: May 22, 2009 06:45AM

Looks like the Cornell ticket office section is section 134 which seem to be great seats. Looks like Athletics 'sold' about 500 tickets.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 22, 2009 07:12PM

According to the NY Times blog, about 42,000 tickets have been sold, but with good weather forecast, they expect a good walk-up sale on Saturday.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 22, 2009 10:31PM

Killer

Ticketmaster: Contributing to global climate change one service charge at a time.

Date: May 22, 2009 10:46PM

BCrespi
Killer

Ticketmaster: Contributing to global climate change one service charge at a time.

Sucks, doesn't it, that driving there is the more economical choice (BTW, Tom, parking was free)? Had we been another month or so into the season, I'd have cycled down and back - double benefit. Sadly, I'm a bit behind on my training this year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login