Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Men's Lacrosse Roll Call

Posted by jtwcornell91 
NCAA Men's Lacrosse Roll Call
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: May 05, 2009 07:01AM

So I'm thinking about driving down from Rochester for the CU-Hofstra game Saturday (and associated tailgating). Who else will be there?

Also, if anyone knows someone who'd like a ride from the Rochester area...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Re: NCAA Men's Lacrosse Roll Call
Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.nycmny.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 08, 2009 11:37PM

Anyone want to try and corral a TV at ship of fools?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.nwrknj.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 09, 2009 07:07PM

Bump... so who's going to Hempstead next week?

< raises hand >

Date: May 09, 2009 07:17PM

I'll be there with a couple of other students at Weill (they didn't go to CU for undergrad though)

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 09, 2009 07:39PM

I'll go if someone can nail down for sure what time the game is - there seems to be some mystery about it.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 09, 2009 07:44PM

I'll be there with as many family members as I can drag the few miles to the stadium. As far as I know, the doubleheader starts at Noon but which of the two games we're in has not been determined.

Date: May 09, 2009 07:58PM

Well the doubleheader is definitely 12 & 3:
[www.gohofstra.com]

According to the bracket on lax power, we're the 2nd game:
[www.laxpower.com]

... but I suppose that's not written in stone. I'd bet we'll know for sure by tomorrow evening when the other games finish. Not that I don't plan on being there for at least part of the other game too.

Date: May 09, 2009 07:59PM

Do you think we'll be able to get tickets at the gate?

Date: May 09, 2009 08:16PM

I'd take a while guess and say yes... especially since Hofstra is no longer there... but I have nothing to base that on and may be totally wrong.

The tickets are available online and are then picked up at Will Call.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 09, 2009 08:20PM

I'll be there. I'll see if I can talk a CU alum friend of mine to come along.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 09, 2009 08:25PM

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. Depends on game time and whether my mother is available to babysit.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 10, 2009 02:45AM

ugarte
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe. Depends on game time and whether my mother is available to babysit.

Yo, I'm in. I have a little bit of work to do about how I'm getting in from CT. But whatever happens, I still owe ugarte a round. At some point.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 10, 2009 09:41AM

Jacob '06
Do you think we'll be able to get tickets at the gate?

Ditto.

Posted by: kingpin248 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 10, 2009 07:10PM

According to the Princeton radio feed the Big Red and Tigers are playing at noon on Saturday.

Date: May 10, 2009 07:22PM

kingpin248
According to the Princeton radio feed the Big Red and Tigers are playing at noon on Saturday.

Cornell's website also says that we are playing in the noon game.

Date: May 10, 2009 08:17PM

Jacob '06
kingpin248

Where?

Date: May 10, 2009 08:31PM

DeltaOne81
Jacob '06
kingpin248

Where?

They've changed it since I posted that. Both the game summary article and the schedule page used to say the game was at 12. Now the game summary gives no time and the schedule says TBA. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for official word.

Date: May 10, 2009 10:05PM

Jacob '06
DeltaOne81
Jacob '06
kingpin248

Where?

They've changed it since I posted that. Both the game summary article and the schedule page used to say the game was at 12. Now the game summary gives no time and the schedule says TBA. I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow for official word.

It now says 2 pm:
[www.cornellbigred.com];

We'll see what they settle on I guess. But fingers crossed that it stays 2 pm... I don't want to have to get out to L.I. by noon, I still like to sleep in on Saturdays :)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.itt.com)
Date: May 11, 2009 08:15AM

Boomer Esiason (Maryland grad) said on his NY sports talk show this morning that he'd be at the Maryland-Syracuse game. :)

Posted by: rmandel (72.54.9.---)
Date: May 11, 2009 08:20AM

ESPNU website says 2:30 PM.

Date: May 11, 2009 08:31AM

rmandel
ESPNU website says 2:30 PM.

So does the NCAA.com printable bracket (the 'interactive bracket' is still ambivalent on the matter):
[www.ncaa.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 08:32AM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 11, 2009 09:19AM

Bah. Being the late game makes it harder to DVR because you have to deal with the possibility of both games going to OT instead of just ours.

Posted by: redhair34 (64.206.92.---)
Date: May 11, 2009 09:33AM

I'll be there

Date: May 11, 2009 10:01AM

The Hofstra box office - with quite a confident tone - confirms that Cornell/Princeton is the second game.

W00t! (Josh, I'll try feeling bad for your DVR-woes while I'm sleeping past 8 am on Saturday ;) )
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 03:36PM by DeltaOne81.

Re: NCAA Men's Lacrosse Roll Call - Hofstra
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 11, 2009 10:33AM

I'll be there +3 unless our boys' HS team somehow gets past the state's #2 team Thursday by overcoming the 12-goal MOV of the regular season.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z75-46-65.customer.algx.net)
Date: May 11, 2009 11:08AM

ugarte
2:30 is probably doable but if either game goes to OT I may not be able to stay for the end of the important game and will be sad the whole way home.

Date: May 11, 2009 12:35PM

ugarte
ugarte
2:30 is probably doable but if either game goes to OT I may not be able to stay for the end of the important game and will be sad the whole way home.

Sheesh. Priorities man.

P.S. With the 1st game on tv, I'd be surprised if the 2nd game starts before 2:45, even without OT. Figure 2:15 for a tv game, plus half an hour for warmups/ref's stuff/anthem etc for the 2nd game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2009 12:37PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: May 11, 2009 02:21PM

Why would a TV game take longer? I thought theu didn't have TV timeouts in lax games.

Date: May 11, 2009 03:05PM

Do they not? If not, nevermind - 2:30 might be feasible if they're lucky.

I guess I wouldn't know since I can't get ESPNU :-P

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: May 11, 2009 03:13PM

Don't worry, I wouldn't have known that either if the announcers hadn't mentioned it a couple times during the one quarter of Brown-Hopkins I watched out of boredom Saturday morning.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: May 11, 2009 03:15PM

DeltaOne81
The Hofstra box office - with quite a confident tone - confirms that Cornell/Princeton is the second game.

W00t! (Josh, I'll try feeling bad for your DVR-woes while sleeping past 8 am on Saturday ;) )
If you're saying I'll be sleeping past 8am on Saturday, I won't be.

Date: May 11, 2009 03:36PM

Josh '99
DeltaOne81

W00t! (Josh, I'll try feeling bad for your DVR-woes while I'm sleeping past 8 am on Saturday ;) )
If you're saying I'll be sleeping past 8am on Saturday, I won't be.

Fixed My Post

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 11, 2009 06:31PM

DeltaOne81
I'd take a while guess and say yes... especially since Hofstra is no longer there... but I have nothing to base that on and may be totally wrong.

Here's a Hofstra press release from Sunday with the scoop on tickets: [www.gohofstra.com]

Posted by: RichH (---.att-inc.com)
Date: May 12, 2009 08:27AM

Al DeFlorio
DeltaOne81

Here's a Hofstra press release from Sunday with the scoop on tickets: [www.gohofstra.com]

The stadium holds 13,000 (according to their website) in case anyone is wondering like I just was. They've never completely filled it, but the two largest crowds they've ever had were for this round of the lax tournament. 12,292 in 1999 and 10,510 in 2001. Both of those had Hofstra playing.

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: May 12, 2009 10:21AM

After dropping over $200 on three nights of watching ESPNU at sports bars during the hockey tournament, and another $100 on a trip up to Albany, it'll be nice to see a live game for a mere $20. I'll be there. I'm working in Queens during the day, so the later game is much better for me, although, of course, I will try to sneak out early for Terps-Cuse.

Anyone know if there's street parking near the stadium, in case I want to avoid the lots?

Posted by: underskill (38.115.17.---)
Date: May 12, 2009 12:01PM

how far is the stadium from the LIRR stop? I'm assuming you get off in Hempstead?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.car1.NewYork1.Level3.net)
Date: May 12, 2009 12:21PM

underskill
how far is the stadium from the LIRR stop? I'm assuming you get off in Hempstead?

Google maps says ~1.4 miles of walking. I am going to be taking that route and now bringing along a princeton alum friend. Hopefully we are still friends on the way home.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyls.edu)
Date: May 12, 2009 12:59PM

underskill

It is a bit of a trek down Hempstead Tpke from the LIRR station. There are MTA busses that run from the station to the campus/stadium pretty regularly. They accept MetroCards.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:15PM

ESPN2 is showing the Syracuse-Maryland game, but CU-PU is ESPNU only.:-( ESPN2 will have LPGA golf, instead.

Posted by: RichH (---.northropgrumman.com)
Date: May 12, 2009 01:26PM

Al DeFlorio
ESPN2 is showing the Syracuse-Maryland game, but CU-PU is ESPNU only.:-( ESPN2 will have LPGA golf, instead.

Better than the trick-shot billiards they showed on espn2 instead of our game last weekend. They did show Brown-Hopkins game earlier in the day.

Date: May 12, 2009 01:35PM

RichH
Al DeFlorio

Better than the trick-shot billiards they showed on espn2 instead of our game last weekend. They did show Brown-Hopkins game earlier in the day.
Looks like they're testing the waters for lacrosse on ESPN2. Probably why SU-UM was made the first game Saturday and CU-PU the second. Hopkins last week and Syracuse this probably have more name appeal than anyone else.

Date: May 12, 2009 05:23PM

Al DeFlorio
RichH
Al DeFlorio

Looks like they're testing the waters for lacrosse on ESPN2. Probably why SU-UM was made the first game Saturday and CU-PU the second. Hopkins last week and Syracuse this probably have more name appeal than anyone else.
I'm not sure Hopkins has name appeal in the ESPN2 sense. If you know that Hopkins is good at lacrosse and you surf past the game, you probably know enough about college lax to watch regardless of the teams playing. If you don't know that Hopkins is usually an elite team, it may appear to be a Division III game.

For the ESPN2 audience, the only recognizable names left are Syracuse + ACC.
RichH
The stadium holds 13,000 (according to their website) in case anyone is wondering like I just was. They've never completely filled it, but the two largest crowds they've ever had were for this round of the lax tournament. 12,292 in 1999 and 10,510 in 2001. Both of those had Hofstra playing.
Thanks for the heads-up. I'm 99% in but I'll hold off buying until I know that everything is copacetic with the babysitting situation...

Is it GA seating?

Date: May 12, 2009 08:02PM

underskill

Take the N70/71/72 LI Bus from Hempstead station down Hempstead turnpike. They run every 20/25 minutes on Saturdays. I wouldn't walk it :).

There's also something about a free Hofstra shuttle bus, but they only mention it running on weekdays.

There's a "Hofstra" overpass I can see on Google Street View when you're getting close to the stadium, so you shouldn't miss it. Plus you probably won't be the only one getting off.

Fare is $2 and, as CM said, takes Metrocards.

I plan on doing that from NJ, as I've sworn off driving across Manhattan/Brooklyn whenever possible based on past experiences.

Posted by: garrynayl (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2009 08:22PM

Has anyone else seen this listing on the ESPN site? This must be a mistake.

2009 NCAA DIVISION I MEN’S LACROSSE CHAMPIONSHIP
Date Network Time (ET) Game
Sat., May 16
ESPNU
12 p.m.
Quarterfinal # 1 – Annapolis, Md.- Maryland vs. Syracuse

ESPNU
2:30 p.m.
Quarterfinal #2 – Annapolis, Md. - Cornell vs. Princeton
Sun., May 17
ESPNU
12 p.m.
Quarterfinal #3 – Ithaca, N.Y. - Johns Hopkins vs. Virginia

ESPNU
Quarterfinal #4 – Ithaca, N.Y.- North Carolina vs. Duke
Sat., May 23
ESPN2

Date: May 13, 2009 08:51PM

garrynayl
Has anyone else seen this listing on the ESPN site? This must be a mistake.

2009 NCAA DIVISION I MEN’S LACROSSE CHAMPIONSHIP
Date Network Time (ET) Game
Sat., May 16
ESPNU
12 p.m.
Quarterfinal # 1 – Annapolis, Md.- Maryland vs. Syracuse

ESPNU
Quarterfinal #2 – Annapolis, Md. - Cornell vs. Princeton
Sun., May 17
ESPNU
12 p.m.
Quarterfinal #3 – Ithaca, N.Y. - Johns Hopkins vs. Virginia

ESPNU
Quarterfinal #4 – Ithaca, N.Y.- North Carolina vs. Duke
Sat., May 23
ESPN2

I think thats where the regionals were last season so they probably just have some old list.

Date: May 13, 2009 10:28PM

Update from the Hofstra Athletics website:

Over 6,200 tickets have now been sold for the much anticipated NCAA Division I Lacrosse Quarterfinal at Hofstra's James M. Shuart Stadium next Saturday, May 16. The first game will begin at 12 p.m. when Syracuse takes on Maryland.

Fans who wish to purchase tickets this week can do so by calling the Hofstra Athletics Ticket Office at 516-HOF-TIXX or by purchasing online until Friday, May 15 at 5 p.m.

Tickets can also be picked up at Shuart Stadium Will Call starting at 9 a.m. on May 16 (gameday). Will Call will be located at Gate E (The Howdy Myers Pavilion).

Fans are encouraged to pick up their tickets at the Ticket Office during the week as it is anticipated that lines at will call and ticket windows may be long on game day.

Reserved parking passes are now Sold Out. Fans that do not have a reserved parking pass will be directed to purchase game day parking on the north campus on May 16 for $7 per pass.

Parking lots will open at 7 a.m. on May 16. Fans that purchase tickets on game day can do so starting at 9 a.m. at Gate C (main entrance to Shuart Stadium) and Gate F (north east entrance to Shuart Stadium). Please note that purchases on game day will be cash only (there are no ATMs at Shuart Stadium).

Date: May 14, 2009 02:43PM

$5 processing fee per order. That's pretty ballsy for an in-house operation.

I wish I had known; I'd have gone in with other folks.

Date: May 14, 2009 06:34PM

ugarte
$5 processing fee per order. That's pretty ballsy for an in-house operation.

I wish I had known; I'd have gone in with other folks.

Yeah, I was expecting to pay $50 for two tickets and the reserved parking and instead got only two tickets and no parking for $50 with the ticket and service charges.

Maybe the NC$$ has their hand in the cookie jar above and beyond what they take for ticket sales.

Whoever mentioned on street parking - don't count on it.

As Fred said, take the bus from the train station (bus hub across the street from Hempstead LIRR station). I think the walk is further than 1.4 miles.

Date: May 14, 2009 06:57PM

Tom Pasniewski 98
As Fred said, take the bus from the train station (bus hub across the street from Hempstead LIRR station). I think the walk is further than 1.4 miles.

Your comment made me curious so I checked with Google's distance measurement tool... it says ~1.75 miles. That's easily a half-hour walk.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: May 14, 2009 07:49PM

DeltaOne81
Tom Pasniewski 98

Your comment made me curious so I checked with Google's distance measurement tool... it says ~1.75 miles. That's easily a half-hour walk.
Boo-hoo. Almost a complete round trip between Donlon and Upson.

Date: May 14, 2009 07:52PM

Kyle Rose
DeltaOne81
Tom Pasniewski 98

Boo-hoo. Almost a complete round trip between Donlon and Upson.

Even in college when I was used to walking daily, I would have bitched heartily about having to do a complete round trip, without a break, between Donlon & Upson.

Not saying its undoable, it'll just take a long time.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: May 15, 2009 12:18AM

DeltaOne81
Even in college when I was used to walking daily, I would have bitched heartily about having to do a complete round trip, without a break, between Donlon & Upson.

Not saying its undoable, it'll just take a long time.
And I would have called you a wuss for bitching about it.

Houston
Posted by: Chris 02 (---.jsc.nasa.gov)
Date: May 15, 2009 11:41AM

Go Big Red!!

Join Alumni and Big Red fans to cheer on the Cornell Lacrosse team as they continue to win in the NCAA Tournament.

Saturday, May 16
1:00 p.m. Cornell Big Red vs. Princeton Tigers

Fox and Hound English Pub & Grille
11470 Westheimer, Houston 77077
(between Hayes and Woodland Park)
281-589-2122

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 15, 2009 12:39PM

Just bought my ticket. I was #7300+.

This thing may actually sell out. wow

Date: May 15, 2009 02:02PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Just bought my ticket. I was #7300+.

This thing may actually sell out. wow

You think they are going to sell 5700 more by tomorrow? I think I'm going to stick with taking my chances on buying at the gate.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2009 02:02PM by Jacob '06.

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 15, 2009 03:14PM

I hate to wimp out on an NCAA quarterfinal, especially after such an amazing experience at the Cornell/Albany QF in Princeton two years ago - but I've just been fighting off a cold, and forecasts are calling for rain followed by thunderstorms tomorrow. If it weren't on TV I might still consider it, but I think TV is the better part of valor here for me.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: May 17, 2009 08:53AM

Tom Pasniewski 98
Whoever mentioned on street parking - don't count on it.

Plenty of street parking as you moved east from the stadium. I was four blocks away, and kept it nice and legal (as opposed to some who were disregarding crosswalks, driveways, and hydrants).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login