Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell Women's Hockey

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 34Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: Cornell Women's Hockey
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.bstnma.fios.verizon.net)
Date: November 13, 2009 10:07PM

Tom Lento
mattj711
Cornell wins 2-0. cheer

Nice! Cornell's off to an incredible start with 3 league wins against strong teams.
And without Rebecca Johnston. Imagine what they could do *with* her.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 13, 2009 11:20PM

Great win. Great effort. Decent atmosphere -- thanks to the band for being there.

Hopefully the results these past few weeks will provide a spark to recruiting. It's been awfully quiet.

What's with the ice? Somebody goofed big time.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2009 12:14AM

ithacat

Care to explain?

Posted by: mattj711 (---.221.140.67.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: November 14, 2009 11:00AM

RichH
ithacat

Care to explain?

There was an ice problem (looked like a hole of some sort) in the neutral zone on the side of the ice closer to the visiting team's bench. There were two long delays to try to fix it. The second resulted in an early ice cut with 4:37 left in the period.

Date: November 14, 2009 11:12AM

ithacat
Great win. Great effort. Decent atmosphere -- thanks to the band for being there.

Hopefully the results these past few weeks will provide a spark to recruiting. It's been awfully quiet.

There are 2 more recruits announced than last season at this same point. Both look to be very solid D. Alyssa Gagliardi plays for SSM, a perennially strong prep school. Alyssa has 26 points through 26 games played this season to lead all SSM D and all but 3 of their forwards. Hayleigh Cudmore plays for the Oakville Ice and has played for Team Ontario Red (the top Ontario select team) the past 2 years. She currently leads Oakville in points. She has also been invited to the U-18 Team Canada Strength and Condition and Selection camps.

Cornell is graduating 3 forwards and 1 D. All are very solid players and have stepped up big this season in particular. I think Cornell needs to bring in 2-3 forwards to round out the roster to supplement the return of Johnston and delayed arrival of Jenner. Both are currently with Team Canada. There are still a number of VERY good forwards that either have not yet committed or have not been announce. If Cornell manages to pick up 1 or 2 of these, we'll be more than set. We will probably be set even if we don't pick up any new big name forwards for next season.

....I'm still keeping my fingers crossed on Poulin. :-)
Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 11:17AM by mattj711.

Date: November 14, 2009 02:38PM

ebilmes
Top recruit deciding between BC, Sucks, and Cornell.

[www.thetimesherald.com]

Unfortunately, Wasylk has indeed signed with BC. pain

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.stonybrook.edu)
Date: November 14, 2009 05:20PM

As I write this, Cornell leads St. Lawrence 2-1 after 2 periods. I noticed something very peculiar about our roster today--perhaps I am not alone. Comparing this year's roster with last year's, accounting for Johnston's leave of absence, it appears that 7 players have quit the team: Strong, Niesluchowski, Bredice, Holmes, Duffy, Wauer, and Moore. What could possibly explain this and why has it gone unmentioned? Does anyone have an idea what happened with these students? Might it have something to do with the replacement of assistant coach Kim Insalaco with Edith Zimmerman?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 05:37PM by imafrshmn.

Date: November 14, 2009 05:27PM

Ogilvie is still on the team, She did switch her number from 7 to 4. I'm not sure what the reason is for every player that left. I know a number of players said they were opting to focus on their studies. I'm sure some of it has to do with the upgrade in talent in particular on defense with the addition of Rougeau and Fortino (less playing time for Wauer, Duffy and Moore) and, with Mazzotta as good as she is, less or no playing time for Strong and Niesluchowski.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2009 05:29PM by mattj711.

Date: November 14, 2009 09:42PM

Both ECAC logos have been removed from the ice surface and there were no apparent problems with the ice today.

Date: November 15, 2009 07:04PM

mattj711
ithacat

There are 2 more recruits announced than last season at this same point. Both look to be very solid D. Alyssa Gagliardi plays for SSM, a perennially strong prep school. Alyssa has 26 points through 26 games played this season to lead all SSM D and all but 3 of their forwards. Hayleigh Cudmore plays for the Oakville Ice and has played for Team Ontario Red (the top Ontario select team) the past 2 years. She currently leads Oakville in points. She has also been invited to the U-18 Team Canada Strength and Condition and Selection camps.

Cornell is graduating 3 forwards and 1 D. All are very solid players and have stepped up big this season in particular. I think Cornell needs to bring in 2-3 forwards to round out the roster to supplement the return of Johnston and delayed arrival of Jenner. Both are currently with Team Canada. There are still a number of VERY good forwards that either have not yet committed or have not been announce. If Cornell manages to pick up 1 or 2 of these, we'll be more than set. We will probably be set even if we don't pick up any new big name forwards for next season.

EDIT: Gagliardi is tied for 2nd in points on the team (only behind Amanda Kessel) at 26 points in 26 games played. 2 of the forwards that also have 26 points have played fewer games.

Date: November 15, 2009 07:39PM

mattj711
mattj711
ithacat

EDIT: Gagliardi is tied for 2nd in points on the team (only behind Amanda Kessel) at 26 points in 26 games played. 2 of the forwards that also have 26 points have played fewer games.

Is Poulin considering Cornell? What about adding another goalie for depth?

Date: November 15, 2009 07:44PM

Don't have a clue if Poulin is considering Cornell or if she is academically qualified to get through admissions...Just hopeful thinking on my part. I definitely would like to see a third goalie on the team for added depth at that position.

I saw an article stating that Jessica Campbell (Canada U-18 Team member for the last 2 years) is looking to go Ivy, but it didn't say which schools were in the running.

Date: November 15, 2009 08:58PM

mattj711
Don't have a clue if Poulin is considering Cornell or if she is academically qualified to get through admissions...Just hopeful thinking on my part. I definitely would like to see a third goalie on the team for added depth at that position.

I saw an article stating that Jessica Campbell (Canada U-18 Team member for the last 2 years) is looking to go Ivy, but it didn't say which schools were in the running.

Was looking at Campbell's numbers at Pursuit of Excellence and they're pretty good. Check out her 15 year old teammate Meghan Dufault's numbers...[www.pursuitofexcellence.ca]

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: November 18, 2009 01:36AM

ithacat
Both ECAC logos have been removed from the ice surface and there were no apparent problems with the ice today.

IJ:

Conference logos installed underneath the ice at Lynah had been causing problems, and came to a head during the Cornell women's 2-0 victory over Clarkson on Friday night.

The material the logos were made of wasn't porous enough to allow water to seep through, making it so the ice sat on top. When players skated over the logos the ice cracked, and every time the Zamboni went over it, the machine wore away at the thicker layer of ice.

Both teams were sent to the locker room with 4:37 left in the first period for intermission because of the problem.

The logos were removed prior to the women's game on Saturday against St. Lawrence.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.181.21.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: November 20, 2009 07:30PM

Cornell is leading Princeton 1-0 after 1 and out shooting them 12-1. We've had a couple of point blank misses too.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:12PM

Still 1-0 after 2. Shots 21-9 Cornell.

Date: November 20, 2009 08:56PM

Cornell wins 1-0.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: November 21, 2009 06:35PM

Women led Quinnipiac 3-1 at 19:30 of the third today. They tied 3-3. :-/

Posted by: mattj711 (---.115.88.75.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: November 26, 2009 10:04AM

Brianne Jenner was recently one of two player cut from Team Canada as they finalize their roster for the Olympics. I'm looking forward to seeing her in Cornell jersey next season.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2009 10:04AM by mattj711.

Date: November 29, 2009 11:16AM

The #6 ladies knocked off #12 Niagara 2-1 last night in the Nutmeg "Classic." They meet again today at 2. The Red are in first by points, second by percentage. I hope the winning will translate into to some campus buzz and support. After Niagara they finish off the calendar year at Lynah against weak Yale and Brown squads, so they could be (8-1-1, 10-3-1) and in the national top 5 on New Year's Day.

Date: November 29, 2009 11:36AM

I agree. It would be nice to see some more student support for this team. On an interesting side note, Cornell has the #1 strength of schedule rating according to the KRACH rating system.

Date: November 29, 2009 03:58PM

Unfortunately, we lost 2-1 today. We're having trouble coming through in the 2nd game of a weekend series.

Date: November 29, 2009 05:05PM

mattj711
Unfortunately, we lost 2-1 today. We're having trouble coming through in the 2nd game of a weekend series.

Depth may have something to do with that. That having been said, the effort in the 3rd period was impressive.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2009 02:56PM

mattj711
At least the team isn't mediocre. I didn't think a lot about women's sports when I was in school. Now I think, if the men can be national contenders in a sport, then Cornell ought to make the same effort for women to be successful in that sport. Conversely, this would not be a time for the Cornell women to start a football team.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.dc.dc.cox.net)
Date: November 30, 2009 04:05PM

billhoward
Conversely, this would not be a time for the Cornell women to start a football team.
They might win a scrimmage against the men.

Date: November 30, 2009 05:51PM

Trotsky
billhoward
Conversely, this would not be a time for the Cornell women to start a football team.
We're probably thinking back on that same joke, paraphrasing: "The women's team walked to the locker room all smiles at halftime, and three plays later the men scored."

Well, there was that shining afternoon at Yale when the defense held at the end to preserve a 14-12 victory and we climbed to 2-0 thinking a winning season and the upper half of the Ivy League was possible.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2009 07:09PM

billhoward
Well, there was that shining afternoon at Yale when the defense held at the end to preserve a 14-12 victory and we climbed to 2-0 thinking a winning season and the upper half of the Ivy League was possible.
Not gonna win many games making three first downs. The win was nice, but the sandlot offensive showing foreshadowed a long season of--as Jim Hyla put it--misery.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.21.30.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: December 06, 2009 01:42PM

Well, the women pick up 3 points on the weekend, but for some major goaltending heroics by Yale, it would have been 4 points. Overall, a very good first half of the season. The team now has an overall record of 8-4-2 and an ECAC record of 7-1-2. Mazzotta has 5 shut outs so far this season.

Date: December 06, 2009 02:49PM

billhoward
Trotsky
billhoward
We're probably thinking back on that same joke, paraphrasing: "The women's team walked to the locker room all smiles at halftime, and three plays later the men scored."

No. I wasn't joking.

Three + 1 to Canada's U22
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.194.---)
Date: December 10, 2009 12:18PM

[cornellbigred.com]

This is great news for the women and the program. Suddenly, however, that game against Syracuse (which will be entering its 4th semester of having had a program) doesn't feel as exciting. Cornell will have 15 players on its roster.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/18/2009 02:34PM by ithacat.

Re: Three + 1 to Canada's U22
Date: December 17, 2009 06:49PM

Here's an article discussing the light bench we'll have for the game against Syracuse and the series against Providence. [www.theithacajournal.com]

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 17, 2009 11:18PM

SU's knocking on the door of the top 10 in only the second year of the program. I'll root for the underdog and the start of a Finger Lake rivalry.

Date: December 18, 2009 02:41PM

statenaurora
SU's knocking on the door of the top 10 in only the second year of the program. I'll root for the underdog and the start of a Finger Lake rivalry.

I hope this will become a good rivalry game.

Given Cornell's roster numbers for this game it sure feels like they have to be the underdog -- seems crazy saying that given that the game's at Lynah, Cornell's ranked higher, and more established... blah, blah...

Date: January 05, 2010 12:41PM

Bump...Syracuse at Lynah tonight at 7:00. LGR...

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 05, 2010 09:55PM

Playing only 13 skaters, Cornell's women had a 1-0 lead after one period, outshooting Syracuse 17-2, but eventually ran out of gas and lost in OT, 2-1. Syracuse tied it in the third on a shorthanded goal.

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syrcny.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 05, 2010 10:23PM

Awesome, should've taken the drive down.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.16.30.71.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: January 09, 2010 12:58PM

Cornell's playing at PC this afternoon at 2PM and tomorrow at 2PM. I will watch this afternoon's game online and post updates in between periods. Hopefully, I will be able to catch tomorrow's game too.

Date: January 09, 2010 02:42PM

3-1 Providence after 1. First goal was a nice back door goal after Mazzotta stopped the initial shot from the point. 2nd goal I'm sure Mazzotta would like to have back. Third goal was scored on a nice shot through traffic that picked the Corner. Cornell scored to make it 2-1 on the power play. Karpenko tipped in Jue's point shot. Shots on goal are 12-8 Providence. All in all, that was definitely not our best period of hockey particularly in our defensive end. Two of PC's goals were scored because we were poking at the puck and didn't pick up the player.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 02:43PM by mattj711.

Date: January 09, 2010 03:24PM

5-2 Providence after 2. Shots on goal are 19-17 Providence. K. Overguard is also not dressed this game (not sure if she was injured last game?), but her absence is really hurting with the other 3 players out of the line up in Germany. Hughes scored from Zorn and Ogilvie.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 03:29PM by mattj711.

Date: January 09, 2010 04:11PM

6-3 final score with final shots 27-25 Providence. Ogilvie scored our only goal of the 3rd unassisted though I missed the goal as I had to step away from my computer for a few minutes. We definitely looked exhausted at times and our defense was the most porous I've seen this season. We battled hard but with 12 skaters I certainly can under stand fatigue setting in. I will say we battled until the end.

On the recruiting front, I'm hearing some good news.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2010 04:12PM by mattj711.

Date: January 09, 2010 08:47PM

mattj711
6-3 final score with final shots 27-25 Providence. Ogilvie scored our only goal of the 3rd unassisted though I missed the goal as I had to step away from my computer for a few minutes. We definitely looked exhausted at times and our defense was the most porous I've seen this season. We battled hard but with 12 skaters I certainly can under stand fatigue setting in. I will say we battled until the end.

Matt, thanks for the updates. The size of the squad was a concern at the beginning of the season and once this tournament hit...ugh. It'll be interesting to see how they handle having to play again tomorrow.

Poulin? Please...

Date: January 10, 2010 01:02AM

ithacat
mattj711

Matt, thanks for the updates. The size of the squad was a concern at the beginning of the season and once this tournament hit...ugh. It'll be interesting to see how they handle having to play again tomorrow.

Poulin? Please...

Unfortunately, I don't have any word on Poulin, but word is we are obtaining one of the Canadian U-18 members that I mentioned earlier.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 10, 2010 09:46AM

mattj711
ithacat
mattj711

Poulin? Please...

Unfortunately, I don't have any word on Poulin, but word is we are obtaining one of the Canadian U-18 members that I mentioned earlier.

"obtaining"? -- for what, a future draft pick? ;-)

Posted by: Tom Lento (119.64.95.---)
Date: January 10, 2010 10:45AM

scoop85
mattj711
ithacat
mattj711

Poulin? Please...

"obtaining"? -- for what, a future draft pick? ;-)

Player to be named later. :p

Date: January 10, 2010 02:32PM

Cornell down 1-0 after 1 to PC, but they are out shooting providence 14-9 after one. Apparently, I was wrong and Wilson played in net yesterday for Cornell. Mazzotta is in net today. PC just has audio of this game. It sounds like Cornell is playing better than they did yesterday.

Date: January 10, 2010 03:17PM

3-0 Providence after 2. Cornell had a goal waived off at the beginning of the second. The announcer was surmising a player in the crease, but the following face off was still in Providence's zone. Shots are 22-20 Cornell. It sounds like Cornell was struggling with energy that period.

Date: January 10, 2010 03:53PM

3-0 final. Cornell had 29 shots to PC's 27.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2010 03:57PM by mattj711.

Date: January 15, 2010 06:14PM

Big game tonight against Harvard. I'll post updates. I really hope we pull this one off.

Date: January 15, 2010 06:42PM

mattj711
Big game tonight against Harvard. I'll post updates. I really hope we pull this one off.

Thanks. LGR! cheer

Date: January 15, 2010 07:35PM

2-1 Harvard after 1. Shots on goal 12-8 Harvard. Cornell came out really flat for the first 5 minutes of the game and spotted Harvard a two goal lead very earlier (one 21 seconds in and another at 3 and 1/2 minutes. Cornell came back to make it 2-1 on goal from Lauriane Rougeau. Fortunately, we started to play better as the period went on.

Date: January 15, 2010 08:16PM

Cornell's down 4-2 after two. We scored the equalizer at the beginning of the second, but gave up two goals in the later half of the period. Overall, a much much better period for us. Karpenko had the PP goal from White.

Date: January 15, 2010 09:07PM

We tie it up with 4.4 seconds left! Two minutes left in OT.

Date: January 15, 2010 09:12PM

Game ends in 4-4 tie. Final Shots 31-25 Cornell. K. Overguard scored the tying goal from Fortino and Rougeau.

Date: January 16, 2010 04:00PM

Big Red are about to face off against the Big Green. I'll post updates.

Date: January 16, 2010 05:49PM

Cornell 3 Dartmouth 1, midway through the 3rd

Date: January 16, 2010 06:25PM

3-1 final. Karpenko gets two goals and an assist, Fortino with a goal and an assist, Rougeau and white with the other assists. Cornell give up only their second PP goal of the season. They're now 65/67 on the PK.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: January 17, 2010 03:05PM

Union won last night...

[www.timesunion.com]

Posted by: mattj711 (---.177.21.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: January 23, 2010 05:24PM

Great game by the ladies this afternoon beating Colgate 6-0. Rougeau led the way with 2 goals and 2 assists. Fortino had 2 goals and added a helper, white chipped in 3 assists.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.lightspeed.bcvloh.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 10:24AM

According to this ( [sports.espn.go.com] ) article dated January 22, 2010, Cornell is in the running to land Kendall Coyne. Miss Coyne was the only high schooler in the running to make the U.S. Olymipic team. This would be a huge pick up.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2010 10:24AM by mattj711.

Date: January 24, 2010 10:59AM

mattj711
According to this ( [sports.espn.go.com] ) article dated January 22, 2010, Cornell is in the running to land Kendall Coyne. Miss Coyne was the only high schooler in the running to make the U.S. Olymipic team. This would be a huge pick up.

It would be huge...but isn't she considered a Harvard lock?

Date: January 24, 2010 11:22AM

ithacat
mattj711

Perhaps Miss Coyne is looking for a school where the student-athletes' GPAs aren't pre-ordained. Maybe she's not a fan of Scott Brown. Maybe she doesn't like schrod.

Posted by: mattj711 (---.182.21.98.dynamic.ip.windstream.net)
Date: January 24, 2010 11:53AM

ithacat
mattj711

That's what the early season rumor mill was saying, but more recent rink talk has her more open minded.

Posted by: polar (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 25, 2010 08:02PM

attempting not to cause a jinx, but looking at the ivy league standings, the home game vs. princeton in two weeks has suddenly become very important.

[www.ivyleaguesports.com]

Posted by: ithacat (---.cbs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 26, 2010 01:45PM

mattj711

Matt, do you know anything about Lauren Slebodnick?

[www.eastcoastwizards.com]

Posted by: mattj711 (---.cfbankmail.com)
Date: January 26, 2010 02:44PM

ithacat
mattj711

I heard Cornell had another goalie lined up for next year but didn't know who until now. Don't know much about her except that she was the alternate goalie for the 2009 USA U-18 team. She should be solid pickup.

Posted by: ithacat (---.cbs.cornell.edu)
Date: January 26, 2010 04:12PM

mattj711
ithacat
mattj711

I heard Cornell had another goalie lined up for next year but didn't know who until now. Don't know much about her except that she was the alternate goalie for the 2009 USA U-18 team. She should be solid pickup.

Nice...now add Poulin and Coyne...:)

Date: January 26, 2010 06:35PM

ithacat
mattj711
ithacat
mattj711

Nice...now add Poulin and Coyne...:)

I'm certainly keeping my fingers and toes crossed for both of them. As I mentioned earlier, I've heard Cornell has an unannounced commitment from a very strong forward. Its not one of those two, but will be a great addition if true.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2010 09:39PM by mattj711.

Date: January 29, 2010 08:16PM

Cornell and SLU are all tied at 1 after 2. Fortino scored Cornell's loan goal unassisted. The game is a bit of a snoozer so far.

Date: January 29, 2010 09:02PM

2-2 in OT. Overguard scored from Karpenko with 1 min left in the 3rd to tie it up.

Date: January 29, 2010 09:05PM

Game ends in 2-2 tie.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 30, 2010 09:20AM

The women play a big game at Clarkson this afternoon -- 4 pm I believe. Does anyone know of any kind of media coverage? Even live stats? In the absence of any coverage, it would be great if fans with updates could post them regularly.

Date: January 30, 2010 09:40AM

There will be live stats and video. Go to ecachockey.com/women/index. You will see the links for video and live stats near the top of the page in the scores section.

Date: January 30, 2010 04:33PM

Cornell down 1-0 after 1 to Clarkson. Cornell played great that period and definitely controlled play through the first half of the period. Clarkson goal came after Cornell killed off a penalty with about two minutes left in the period.

Date: January 30, 2010 04:43PM

mattj711
Cornell down 1-0 after 1 to Clarkson. Cornell played great that period and definitely controlled play through the first half of the period. Clarkson goal came after Cornell killed off a penalty with about two minutes left in the period.

Gotta love the WCKN broadcasters. When they took a look at the "out of town scores" monitor, there was a mistake: Cornell men were shown as having 2 games tonight, against SLU and Clarkson. But the color boy, bless the kid, read both game entries as if nothing was fishy.

Date: January 30, 2010 06:01PM

2-1 final score. Clarkson scored a quick one to start the third and Cornell played flat for the 2nd and 3rd periods.

Date: January 31, 2010 12:49PM

Tom Lento
mattj711
Cornell wins 2-0. cheer

Nice! Cornell's off to an incredible start with 3 league wins against strong teams.
It feels right that the women's team finally has the luck, skill, coaching, Cornell commitment - whatever - to be a national contender as the men's team is. It felt bad that the Harvard women were so good relative to us. Plus the uphill battle of the Cornell women having to earn their GPA the old-fashioned way.

Posted by: mattj711 (76.211.7.---)
Date: February 05, 2010 09:06PM

Cornell ties Quinnipiac 0-0 tonight despite having a 36-12 shot advantage through regulation. Quinnipiacs goalie stood on her head. Good effort tonight by the ladies.

Date: February 06, 2010 12:31AM

Also congrats to Amanda Mazzotta who now is in sole posession of the single season shutout record at 7.

Posted by: dag14 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2010 07:21PM

The women slam Princeton this afternoon 6-0 and clinch a share of the Ivy title.

Date: February 06, 2010 07:25PM

dag14
The women slam Princeton this afternoon 6-0 and clinch a share of the Ivy title.

Great news. A new white banner for the rafters!

Date: February 06, 2010 09:13PM

The ladies have two remaining Ivy games: At Brown and At Yale. All they need is one more point to take the Ivy title outright.

Date: February 07, 2010 11:09AM

Matt, any word on Jessica Campbell?

Posted by: mattj711 (---.cfbankmail.com)
Date: February 07, 2010 03:59PM

ithacat
Matt, any word on Jessica Campbell?

She has "blazing" speed. That's all I can say at this point.

Date: February 12, 2010 08:14PM

Cornell up on Brown 3-0 after 2.

Date: February 12, 2010 08:56PM

4-0 final score. Third period was relatively uneventful. Solid effort by Cornell.

Date: February 12, 2010 09:23PM

Outright Ivy League Champs! Go Red women!

And congrats to Amanda Mazzotta for yet another shutout.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2010 09:25PM by imafrshmn.

Date: February 12, 2010 09:30PM

Congratulations to the women on a great year. Keep on winning!!! :-)

Date: February 12, 2010 10:43PM

It is also note worthy that Amanda Mazzotta now leads the nation in shutouts at 9 this season.

Date: February 12, 2010 10:52PM

Last regular season home games next weekend. I hope folks come out and support the women. The team is a lot of fun to watch. They're fast and have some amazing skaters. They're very entertaining to watch.

Date: February 13, 2010 03:06PM

mattj711
It is also note worthy that Amanda Mazzotta now leads the nation in shutouts at 9 this season.

Good to know that "Goaltender U." is co-ed. **]

Posted by: mattj711 (76.211.3.---)
Date: February 13, 2010 04:40PM

Cornell/Yale 0-0 after 1 in relatively uneventful period.

Date: February 13, 2010 05:11PM

1-0 Cornell. Cornell scored on their first PP of the game with about 30 seconds left in the 2nd. Rougeau scored from White and Fortino.

Date: February 13, 2010 06:03PM

Cornell wins 1-0. Cornell led the final shots 47 to 19. Congrats to Cornell for going undefeated in the Ivy League this season and to Mazzotta on her 4th straight shutout and tenth on the season.

Date: February 15, 2010 10:08PM

Congrats to Amanda Mazzotta for being named the ECAC GOTW again. Her 10 shutouts on the season now match Cornell's ice hockey shutout record holder, David McKee, for the school record in a season.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 15, 2010 10:37PM

mattj711
Congrats to Amanda Mazzotta for being named the ECAC GOTW again. Her 10 shutouts on the season now match Cornell's ice hockey shutout record holder, David McKee, for the school record in a season.

Yeah, but she's not as good as this looks. It's really the system that makes her look good. laugh

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2010 11:20AM

Swampy
mattj711

Yeah, but she's not as good as this looks. It's really the system that makes her look good. laugh
Well, to be fair, McKee wasn't as good as he looked. He really needed to stay, or go to a place where he could work on fundamentals. It turns out that place wasn't the minors.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: February 17, 2010 12:50AM

Jim Hyla
Swampy
mattj711

Well, to be fair, McKee wasn't as good as he looked. He really needed to stay, or go to a place where he could work on fundamentals. It turns out that place wasn't the minors.

Jim,

Who said anything about being fair?

Posted by: mattj711 (---.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: February 17, 2010 09:51PM

Congrats to Laura Fortino, Lauriane Rougeau and Catherine White who are in the initial group of 45 players nominated for the 2010 Patty Kazmaier award.

Date: February 19, 2010 07:31PM

Cornell up 1-0 on RPI after 1, thanks to a goal by Hughes assisted by K. Overguard. Cornell has the shots on goal edge 5-3. The first period was definitely a defensive emphasis by each side. Clarkson and Dartmouth are currently tied 1-1 in the first.

Date: February 19, 2010 08:11PM

1-1 after 2. Cornell has the shots edge 16-10. We gave RPI a few too many scoring opertunities for my liking that period. Hopefully we come out and take charge in the third. The good news is Dartmouth is up 2-1 on Clarkson in the second.

Page: Previous1 2 34Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login