Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, Ithaca, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)

Posted by Hillel Hoffmann 
Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, Ithaca, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:07PM

Post all basketball-watching notices here.

I've asked Age to consolidate all the threads into one, as we usually do in these cases.

Summary (see posts below for details):

ATLANTA: Frankie's in the Prado
BOSTON: The Sports Depot (Allston, MA)
CHICAGO: Joe's Bar
HUDSON VALLEY: Mahoney's Irish Pub (Poughkeepsie, NY)
ITHACA: Moakley House
NEW YORK: Blonde, Brunette and a Redhead; Proof; Mercury Lounge
PHILADELPHIA: The Field House
SAN FRANCISCO: Jillian's
WASHINGTON, DC: Grand Slam Sports Bar
Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 08:45AM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Gathering to watch basketball in Philadelphia
Date: March 18, 2008 04:11PM

PHILADELPHIA AND DELAWARE VALLEY FANS: Join the Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia (plus a few folks from the Stanford Club of Philadelphia) at The Field House on Thursday, March 20, at approximately 5 p.m. to watch Cornell basketball in the NCAA tournament live on TV.

The Field House is conveniently located at 1150 Filbert Street in Center City Philadelphia, upstairs from the Market East regional rail station and across the street from the Reading Terminal Market.

When you check in, ask to be seated with the Cornell Club of Greater Philadelphia group.

More info about watching the ECACHL semi in Philly to be posted later.

Note to CCGP's Young Alumni folks: This event replaces the event scheduled for 7 p.m. at Nodding Head. Please come and stick around after the game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 04:10PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (NYC, Atlanta, Philly, SF, etc.)
Posted by: Josh 03 (---.nccr.epa.gov)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:48PM

WASHINGTON DC BASKETBALL GAMEWATCH

Cornell Men’s Basketball vs. Stanford
NCAA Tournament First Round
Thursday, March 20, 2008
5:00 p.m. ET

Grand Slam Sports Bar
Grand Hyatt Hotel
1000 H. Street NW
Washington, DC
Metro: Metro Center

The hotel is convenient to the Red, Orange, and Blue lines. You don’t even need to go outside from the metro station! So sneak out early, head straight to the game, and join the crowd in cheering on Cornell Basketball in their biggest game this century! For more information:
[www.cornellclubdc.org]

Watching CU - Stanford in NYC
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:48PM

via facebook:
Cornell Metro NY Young Alumni Committee
LET'S GO RED!

You are all invited to the following:

As you know, we are in the NCAA tournament playing this Thursday at 5:00pm.

Please pass this on to all your facebook friends from Cornell and let them know that we as a community of NYC Cornellians, young and old, are going to gather, celebrate and cheer on our team in 3 dedicated locations throughout the city.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One game. Three great locations in NYC.

Support Cornell men’s basketball on Thursday, March 20th as they play in the first round of the NCAA tournament against Number 3 seed Stanford. The men are appearing in the tournament for the first time since 1988. Join fellow Cornellians to cheer on the BIG RED at one of three locations in NYC. Be sure to wear your favorite Cornell gear!

When: Thursday, March 20th at 5:00pm

Locations:

Midtown

Cornell Club – New York, Tap and Grill
6 East 44th Street, between Fifth and Madison Avenues
By subway: 4/5/6/7/Shuttle to Grand Central
Enjoy $2 Ithaca beer; $2 hot dogs; $6 “hot truck” sandwiches
All Alumni are welcome to attend!

Upper East Side

BB&R - Owned by a fellow Cornellian!
1720 Second Avenue, between 89th and 90th Streets
By subway: 4/5/6 to 86th Street
Enjoy $2 off house drinks, $1 off domestic beers and a special “Cornell Cocktail”

Gramercy

Proof Bar & Lounge – Managed by the owner of Dino’s in Collegetown
239 Third Ave, between 19th & 20th Streets
By subway: N/Q/R/W/4/5 to 14th or 6 to 23rd
Enjoy $10 Bud Light pitchers; $20/26 buckets of beer; $5 Bloody Marys/Mimosas; $5 well drinks

LET'S GO BIG RED!

Re: Watching CU - Stanford in NYC
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2008 05:56PM

Blonde Brunette & a Redhead is owned by a Cornellian?! Damn, I wish I'd known that, I'd have patronized it a lot more. I will in the future, assuming I stay in my current apartment within easy stumbling distance.

And they're sure they can get what sounds like it'll be a west-coast-only feed?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 06:50PM

If anyone finds out about a place downtown, could they please post it here? 5:00 is early enough without having to factor in travel time to get up to Gramercy.

(I also think Proof kinda sucks, but that's besides the point.)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 06:51PM by Josh '99.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 11:12PM

FYI, CSTV currently lists a first round NCAA game on their TV listings (via Yahoo) for Thursday at 5:00. The only game at that time is ours. Not sure if that is a live game they are picking up or a replay of something, but it might be worth looking into for those who can't get to a sports bar (and get CSTV at home).

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 12:15AM

Josh '99
If anyone finds out about a place downtown, could they please post it here? 5:00 is early enough without having to factor in travel time to get up to Gramercy.

How far downtown do you want? I'm looking to watch below Canal, preferably in the Financial District. Once I am sure the game is on CSTV I am going to ask around.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 01:21AM

nyc94
Josh '99

How far downtown do you want? I'm looking to watch below Canal, preferably in the Financial District. Once I am sure the game is on CSTV I am going to ask around.
Financial District is perfect for me. I don't know many places in the area though, and none that I can think of that would be conducive to a group getting together to watch a game.

Date: March 18, 2008 07:18AM

Josh '99
nyc94
Josh '99

Financial District is perfect for me. I don't know many places in the area though, and none that I can think of that would be conducive to a group getting together to watch a game.

The Beekman Pub is friendly, with good drink and food selections. I have no idea if they'll be carrying the game, though, so you'd have to check.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:47AM

Josh '99
nyc94
Josh '99

I'll be watching it at Beckett's near Wall St it looks like. Should be both Cornell and Stanford people (people my friend work with)

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.nyc.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2008 09:11AM

Any details on what kind of screen(s) each of those places will be showing the game on?

I'm right near the Cornell Club, but I'm willing to move if they plan on playing the game only on those 2 small TVs over the Tap & Grill Bar.

Date: March 18, 2008 11:48AM

jaybert
I'll be watching it at Beckett's near Wall St it looks like. Should be both Cornell and Stanford people (people my friend work with)

I was also thinking of any one of the number of places along Stone Street such as Beckett's or Ulysses'. Those places tend to get pretty packed on Thursday evenings with the post work crowd although maybe this will be less of a problem if people get there for a 5 PM game and claim a space and a TV. Beckett's definitely has the game?

Date: March 18, 2008 12:20PM

nyc94
jaybert

I was also thinking of any one of the number of places along Stone Street such as Beckett's or Ulysses'. Those places tend to get pretty packed on Thursday evenings with the post work crowd although maybe this will be less of a problem if people get there for a 5 PM game and claim a space and a TV. Beckett's definitely has the game?
I've been to Ulysses a few times before and it doesn't strike me as a great place to watch a game. I don't know Beckett's but it seems worth a try to me.

Atlanta Viewing Parties
Posted by: rmandel (72.54.9.---)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:03PM

Cornell Sports Fans of Atlanta:

The Cornell Alumni Association of Atlanta will gather at Frankies in the Prado to watch a variety of sporting events this week.

Frankies in the Prado
5600 Roswell Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30342
(404) 843-9444

Men’s Basketball

The men’s basketball team will be competing against Stanford in the first round of the NCAA basketball tournament. The game starts at 5 PM on Thursday, March 20 and will be televised on CBS. If we win, the next round will be held on Saturday, March 22 – time to be determined.

Men’s Hockey

The men’s hockey team will be playing Harvard (fish!!!) in the semi-finals of the ECAC tournament. The game starts at 7 PM on Friday, March 21. The game will be televised live on the NHL network. If Cornell should win, the ECAC championship game will be held 7 PM on Saturday, March 22. Unfortunately, the championship game will only be shown on tape-delay.

Women’s Basketball

The women’s basketball team has made the NCAA basketball tournament. They play number one seed Connecticut at 7 PM on Sunday, March 23 on ESPN2.

No RSVP. Everyone pays for their own food and beverage. Wear your red!

Robert Mandelbaum ‘81
robert.mandelbaum@pkfc.com

Watching Cornell-Stanford in San Francisco
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 02:05AM

Come on down to Jillian’s THIS Thursday starting at 1:30 PM to watch our Men’s Big Red Basketball take on Stanford in the First Round NCAA Tournament!

Appetizers will be served.
$10 per person will be collected at the door.

BIG RED BASKETBALL
Thursday, March 20th
1:30 PM (Game starts approx. 2 PM)

Jillian’s
101 4th Street @ Mission (in the Metreon)
San Francisco, CA

Please send your RSVP to CornellWest@cornell.edu or 415.438.7980 ASAP to help us properly prepare.

Cornell’s having a stellar year (our women’s basketball team is also going to the NCAA tournament!) and that’s even more reason to get out and cheer for Big Red.

The first men’s game will be THIS Thursday, March 20th vs. Stanford at 2 PM or 25 minutes after the completion of the Marquette/Kentucky game set for 11:30 AM.

The game is in Anaheim and the local Orange County and Los Angeles Cornell alumni groups are offering a block of tickets – visit [www.cornellclubla.com] ASAP to get your ticket today!

The Ivy League men's basketball champion Cornell Big Red will open 2008 NCAA tournament play as the No. 14 seed in the South region and will meet No. 3 seed Stanford out of the Pac-10 Conference on Thursday, March 20 in Anaheim, Calif. For complete details, please visit the web at:
[cornellbigred.com]

Go Big Red!

Re: Watching Cornell-Stanford in San Francisco
Posted by: nr53 (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 02:49AM

Hmm... to work a half day or not...

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (NYC, Atl, Phila, SF, DC, etc.)
Date: March 18, 2008 04:59PM

Hillel Hoffmann
Post all basketball-watching notices here.

I've asked Age to consolidate all the threads into one, as we usually do in these cases.

I think I got 'em all...

- Steve Worona

Date: March 18, 2008 05:00PM

So is anybody besides me watch at Blonde, Brunette & A Redhead? I should be there by tipoff, with any luck.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (132.183.13.---)
Date: March 18, 2008 06:25PM

Boston:

Thursday March 20, 2008; 5:00 PM

Cornell Athletics - Men's Basketball March Madness NCAA Viewing

Date/Time: Thursday March 20, 2008; 5:00 PM

No RSVP required, for questions please email Shane Dunn at sdunn321@gmail.com.

Date: March 18, 2008 06:27PM

Boston - Women's Game:

Sunday March 23, 2008; 7:00 PM

Cornell Athletics - Women's Basketball March Madness NCAA Viewing

Date/Time: Sunday March 23, 2008; 7:00 PM

Description: Don't forget about the women's game; join other Cornellians to watch this historic game. The women defeated Dartmouth this past Sunday for their own trip to the NCAA tournament, capping off an unbelievable season claiming the Ivy League title for the first time and being led by junior forward Jeomi Meduka who was named Ivy League Player of the Year -- The first time in Ivy league history both men's and women's players of the year came from the same school! Cheer on the Big Red on Sunday at 7:00 PM!

No RSVP required, for questions please email Shane Dunn at sdunn321@gmail.com.

Posted by: HRockets1 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 06:59PM

Mid-Hudson Valley

1st Round NCAA Men's Basketball Game, CU vs. Stanford

Location: Mahoney's Irish Pub and Restaurant at the Poughkeepsie Train Station (Dooley Square)

When: Thursday, 3/20, 5 p.m.

Mid-Hudson Valley, New York
Posted by: HRockets1 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:00PM

Mid-Hudson Valley

1st Round NCAA Men's Basketball Game, CU vs. Stanford

Location: Mahoney's Irish Pub and Restaurant at the Poughkeepsie Train Station (Dooley Square)

When: Thursday, 3/20, 5 p.m.

Posted by: jkahn (---.73.146.216.biz.sta.networkgci.net)
Date: March 18, 2008 07:26PM

Chicago
The following is from an email I received, although I'll probably be watching via internet or hopefully at home on CSTV (they're listing a 5:00 game and we're the only one at that time).

BIG RED BASKETBALL

(#14) Cornell v. (#3) Stanford

Help cheer on Cornell’s men’s basketball team during the first round NCAA tournament game against Stanford!

We’ll be matching our local Cornell spirit up against the Chicago-area Stanford alumni at:

Place: Joe’s Bar

940 West Weed Street
Chicago, IL 606022
[joesbar.com]

Date: Thursday, March 20, 2008
Time: 4:00 pm
Drop by whenever you can

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)
Date: March 19, 2008 08:53AM

This site is trying to map bars in Manhattan that are gathering points for alumni of schools that are in the tournament:

[mapfaced.com]

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)
Posted by: Adara (---.ded.ameritech.net)
Date: March 19, 2008 09:36AM

WBNG (local Binghamton channel responsible for the clips ESPN used the night the Cornell men clinched) will be airing the game, coverage starting at 4:40pm.

CSTV
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.public.uconn.edu)
Date: March 19, 2008 09:41AM

jkahn
Chicago
The following is from an email I received, although I'll probably be watching via internet or hopefully at home on CSTV (they're listing a 5:00 game and we're the only one at that time).

The schedule now indicates CSTV will air Cornell/Stanford live.

Boston men's watching Update
Date: March 19, 2008 10:39AM

Boston:

Thursday March 20, 2008; 5:00 PM

This is now a joint event with the Cornell Club of Boston and the Stanford Young Alumni of Boston. Come root for the Big Red as we welcome our alumni friends from Stanford for some friendly jawing as our teams battle it out on the court.

Cornell Athletics - Men's Basketball March Madness NCAA Viewing vs. Stanford

Date/Time: Thursday March 20, 2008; 5:00 PM

Questions: Tom Pasniewski at thp1@cornell.edu

Posted by: jaybert (208.251.166.---)
Date: March 19, 2008 10:43AM

for the one @ the cornell club bar tap & grill, it says all alumni are welcome. I'm guessing this means no membership required? Also, what about friends? They're not alumni.

I tried calling but keep getting a busy or disconnected tone. Guess I will try again later today

Date: March 19, 2008 10:56AM

jaybert
for the one @ the cornell club bar tap & grill, it says all alumni are welcome. I'm guessing this means no membership required? Also, what about friends? They're not alumni.

I tried calling but keep getting a busy or disconnected tone. Guess I will try again later today

I had the same question, please let us know if you find out.

Also whether they're going to bring in a projection screen or something... the TVs at the bar are small and somewhat sight obstructed.

Date: March 19, 2008 11:20AM

jaybert

No membership is required, and they will almost certainly not be checking IDs at the door to verify your alumni status. The Tap & Grill is tiny, though, so anticipate serious crowding. And even with drink specials, the food is absurdly overpriced.

On the other hand, at least the TVs are small and inconveniently placed, and the overpriced food is mediocre.

Going to BBR, myself - stumbling distance from home.

- Steve Worona

Re: Watching Cornell-Stanford in San Francisco
Posted by: CU at Stanford (---.fifi.org)
Date: March 19, 2008 12:28PM

I am working half a day tomorrow....LGR!

CORNELL CLUB OF NY NOT SHOWING THE GAME
Date: March 19, 2008 12:43PM

An update from the NY Metro Office says the Cornell Club of NY will no longer be showing the game, as they do not have the proper DirectTV package.

They did, however, add the Mercury Lounge on 3rd Ave. near 33rd Street. That's awfully close to work for me, so I'm tempted to go there instead of BB&R - anybody else?

- Steve Worona

Re: CORNELL CLUB OF NY NOT SHOWING THE GAME
Date: March 19, 2008 12:50PM

Beeeej
An update from the NY Metro Office says the Cornell Club of NY will no longer be showing the game, as they do not have the proper DirectTV package.

They did, however, add the Mercury Lounge on 3rd Ave. near 33rd Street. That's awfully close to work for me, so I'm tempted to go there instead of BB&R - anybody else?

Do we have confirmation that any/all of these 3 NYC locales will have the right package? (That's what she said.)

I only ask because the CCNY was an "official" viewing party, and neglected to realize they didn't have the right channel.

Date: March 19, 2008 12:59PM

CM cWo 44
Beeeej

Do we have confirmation that any/all of these 3 NYC locales will have the right package? (That's what she said.)

I only ask because the CCNY was an "official" viewing party, and neglected to realize they didn't have the right channel.

I confirmed independently with BB&R on 2nd @ 92nd. They are showing the game - in fact they're opening an hour earlier than usual to do so. I haven't spoken to anybody at Mercury Bar.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: March 19, 2008 02:30PM

CM cWo 44
Beeeej

I definitely understand the urge to make sure about things, but it would be the height of stupidity for the Cornell Club - after finding out that they couldn't show the game themselves - to send a bulletin about a new location without first finding out if that bar could get the game.

Date: March 19, 2008 02:37PM

ugarte
I definitely understand the urge to make sure about things, but it would be the height of stupidity for the Cornell Club - after finding out that they couldn't show the game themselves - to send a bulletin about a new location without first finding out if that bar could get the game.

About as stupid as announcing a viewing party to view something that can't be viewed where their hosting the viewing party.

Only thing stupider would be if the viewing party was to watch The View

Date: March 19, 2008 02:42PM

ugarte

The Cornell NY Metro Office sent out the bulletin about the new location, not the Cornell Club.

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.nyc.gov)
Date: March 19, 2008 03:37PM

BB+R might be my location of choice... I'm coming from 30th and 1st, probably driving up first and looking for street parking. Should be there by tip as well.

Date: March 19, 2008 03:39PM

Should have read this sooner. That's walking distance from my job. New plan.

Mercury Bar , NYC - CONFIRMED
Date: March 19, 2008 03:48PM

I went to the Mercury Bar two years ago for first round NCAA games. They DID have the 5:00 game on (I know this because my work conference ends at 4:30, and I didn't spend two hours watching local news).

That said, I just called them, and a perky-sounding waitress said that they are indeed getting the game.

I'll be wearing a Cornell tie and an Office of Chief Medical Examiner jacket -- for anyone who wants to say "hey, you're that Greenberg guy."
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2008 03:49PM by Greenberg '97.

Re: Mercury Bar , NYC - CONFIRMED
Date: March 19, 2008 03:56PM

Greenberg '97
I went to the Mercury Bar two years ago for first round NCAA games. They DID have the 5:00 game on (I know this because my work conference ends at 4:30, and I didn't spend two hours watching local news).

That said, I just called them, and a perky-sounding waitress said that they are indeed getting the game.

I'll be wearing a Cornell tie and an Office of Chief Medical Examiner jacket -- for anyone who wants to say "hey, you're that Greenberg guy."

That's enough for me, since nobody else has said they're going to BB&R (besides you, and you later recanted). I'll see you at Mercury. I'll be the guy saying, "Hey, you're that Greenberg guy."

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Greenberg '97 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2008 10:11PM

Beeeej
Greenberg '97

That's enough for me, since nobody else has said they're going to BB&R (besides you, and you later recanted). I'll see you at Mercury. I'll be the guy saying, "Hey, you're that Greenberg guy."

Yep, it's gonna be you, me, and about 150 lurkers. I never manage to get a table at Ship of Fools, even when only three people post that they're coming.

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2008 10:35PM

im going to one of the 3 locations in NY w/ a few other Cornell alum. location TBD

Date: March 19, 2008 10:56PM

Greenberg '97
Beeeej
Greenberg '97

Yep, it's gonna be you, me, and about 150 lurkers. I never manage to get a table at Ship of Fools, even when only three people post that they're coming.

Make you a deal - if you get there first, grab the best seat you can in front of the best TV you can, and if you save me the second best seat, your first beer's on me.

Still deciding what to wear. I might actually go for the bright and hideous Cornell tie, since it's the only Cornell clothing I own that I can get away with even for business casual.

- Steve Worona

Date: March 19, 2008 11:13PM

Make you a deal - if you get there first, grab the best seat you can in front of the best TV you can, and if you save me the second best seat, your first beer's on me.

Still deciding what to wear. I might actually go for the bright and hideous Cornell tie, since it's the only Cornell clothing I own that I can get away with even for business casual.

Depends on how many (if any) people I bring from work. We usually do a Thursday happy hour somewhere in the area, so I will try to talk this up. None of them have a rooting interest, and if I tell them my ulterior motive for choosing this place, I might lose my crowd.

In any event, your offer of a free beer intrigues me. I'll see what I can do.

Date: March 19, 2008 11:27PM

Greenberg '97

Depends on how many (if any) people I bring from work. We usually do a Thursday happy hour somewhere in the area, so I will try to talk this up. None of them have a rooting interest, and if I tell them my ulterior motive for choosing this place, I might lose my crowd.

In any event, your offer of a free beer intrigues me. I'll see what I can do.

I just don't want to end up standing, or craning my neck for a partial view of a 12" screen. But I could always scram at halftime for BBR, since I have to go that way anyway.

- Steve Worona

An Ithaca option
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2008 11:59PM

An Ithaca option: Moakley House
[www.cornell.edu]
I have no vested interest. I just happened to notice the link on the front page of the main Cornell web site.

Date: March 20, 2008 12:24AM

Mercury has a few decent-sized TV's behind the bar, and a couple of larger ones on the outside walls, if memory serves. Since this is the only game at 5:00, they should all be tuned to it. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Posted by: Robin (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 07:27AM

So, are we sure CSTV is airing the game? I guess it IS still listed on their website.
Will be looking into places in Framingham, MA, area to watch, if anyone in Metrowest is interested....

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.host.starwoodhotels.com)
Date: March 20, 2008 08:25AM

Robin
So, are we sure CSTV is airing the game? I guess it IS still listed on their website.
Will be looking into places in Framingham, MA, area to watch, if anyone in Metrowest is interested....

I think you can be pretty darn sure. Its listed everywhere as being on CSTV, and the channel is now owned by CBS Sports.

Date: March 20, 2008 08:44AM

Details on the Ithaca hoops-watching gathering (as posted on Cornell's electronic calendar):

"Watch the game at Moakley House! The Big Red Grill at Moakley House will host a March Madness Celebration in honor of the Cornell Men's Basketball team on Thursday beginning at 4 p.m. when Cornell plays No. 3 seed Stanford. The venue offers two 50-inch flat screen televisions and food and beverages will be available for purchase. There is no admission charge, so plan to join us as we cheer on our Big Red team!"

Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 11:30AM

If there is anyone else living/working north of San Francisco, I'll be taking a late, extended lunch to watch at Beyond the Glory in Petaluma.

Apologies for threaded viewers...I didn't realize this was in the NYC thread.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2008 12:54PM by Dianne 99.

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, Ithaca, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)
Posted by: jaybert (76.233.2.---)
Date: March 20, 2008 12:50PM

decided on BB&R...called them up and confirmed they would be showing it on multiple tvs, so should be easier to get a good view. Mercury doestn seem to have many tvs looking @ the pictures.

Re: Basketball-watching gatherings (Atl, Bos, Chi, DC, HudVal, Ithaca, NYC, Phila, SF, etc.)
Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.hfc.comcastbusiness.net)
Date: March 20, 2008 12:55PM

Reposting for those in threaded view...I accidentally put this in the NYC thread.

If there is anyone else living/working north of San Francisco, I'll be taking a late, extended lunch to watch the game at Beyond the Glory in Petaluma.

Date: March 20, 2008 02:33PM

After far too much deliberation, it looks like I'm going to be at Beckett's. If by some chance they don't have it, at least there are alternatives right in the area.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login