Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Men's and womens's NCAA basketball playoff tickets

Posted by David Harding 
Men's and womens's NCAA basketball playoff tickets
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 11, 2008 12:24AM

Maybe this is what I get for signing up for the VIP e-mail, but I'm happy to share.
Cornell Athletics Ticket Office
Dear Cornell Sports Fan,

As you likely know the Cornell Men's Basketball team has won the 2008 Ivy League championship and has earned a berth in the NCAA men's basketball tournament. Cornell has been issued a limited number of tickets that are available for purchase via a lottery system. Attached you will find detailed information pertaining to the ticket ordering process and Cornell's official order form. Please be sure to read the information form thoroughly as it contains critical details. Please note that the deadline for submitting ticket order requests is Thursday, March 13 at 5 p.m. eastern time.

Go Big Red

The attached file exceeds the ELynah file size limit, but here's the info. There is also an order form.

2008 NCAA Basketball Ticket Order Form
Cornell University Athletics

The Cornell Big Red has won the 2008 Ivy League Championship and will be playing in the First Round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament on either Thursday, March 20 or Friday, March 21. The Big Red will play in one of the following eight locations:
March 20: -Honda Center    -Pepsi Center      -Qwest Center Omaha     -Verizon Center
           Anaheim, CA      Denver, CO         Omaha, NE               Washington, D.C.

March 21: -BJCC Arena      -Alltel Arena      -St. Pete Times Forum   -RBC Center
           Birmingham, AL   Little Rock, AR    Tampa, FL               Raleigh, N.C.

The location and time that Cornell will play is TBD, and will be announced on Sunday, March 16 as part of the NCAA Selection Show. The Cornell Athletics website (www.cornellbigred.com) will also be updated. Cornell Athletics will be receiving a limited number of tickets that will be available to purchase.

Tickets range in cost from $102 to $152, depending on location, plus up to a $15 venue service fee. There are two sessions at each location for the First Round, with two games played during each session. Each Cornell ticket will permit entry for the session that Cornell plays in, which will include the Cornell game and the other game in that session. If the Big Red wins their First Round game, First Round ticket holders will automatically receive tickets to the Second Round. Second Round tickets will be available at the will-call location one (1) hour prior to the Cornell game. If Cornell does not win the First Round game, your credit card will be refunded for the price of the second round game.

Order Information:
1. All fans interested in purchasing NCAA tickets must fax an application to the Cornell Athletic Ticket Office at 607-254-2981. The deadline for applications is Thursday, March 13 at 5 p.m., ET.

2. Each order form includes the eight possible locations, and you may order up to two tickets. Fans must check the boxes for the locations they commit to purchase tickets in the event Cornell is selected to play in that location. You may check as many locations as desired. If you are an alumni, Big Red Sports Pass holder (BRSP), or Cornell student, please check the appropriate box(s) at the top of the order form.

3. Upon the determination of Cornell’s playing location, two lotteries will take place: one for current Cornell students, and one for Cornell alumni and fans. By submitting the order form, you are committing to the purchase of tickets if you are selected in the lottery.

4. Cornell Athletics will attempt to contact all fans selected in the lottery by Tuesday at 5 p.m. One phone call will be placed to each number listed on the order form and an email will be sent to the email address provided. Please note that we can only attempt to contact you once, and whether or not we speak to you directly, you will be charged for the tickets and they will be left at will-call under the designated will-call name.

Tickets will be left at the “Cornell Will-Call” table at the arena on the day of the game. Tickets will not be mailed. Only the purchaser of these tickets or the designated will-call name on your order form may pick them up. A photo ID will be required to pick up your tickets at will-call. Please note that there will be no exceptions. Once you have submitted your form, you may not change the will-call name. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the arena one (1) hour prior to the session that Cornell plays in. An additional will-call opportunity the day prior to the game will be available, and game-day will-call hours may be extended. Specific will-call locations and times will be posted on the main page of www.cornellbigred.com when the location of the game is determined.

LET’S GO RED!
Cornell Ticket Office Phone 607-254-2327
Cornell Ticket Office Fax 607-254-2981

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2008 03:17PM by David Harding.

Re: Men's NCAA basketball playoff tickets
Posted by: jaybert (76.233.2.---)
Date: March 11, 2008 11:06AM

can you email the order form? I signed up for the email thing, but never got the email.
[removed]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2008 06:46PM by jaybert.

Re: Men's NCAA basketball playoff tickets
Posted by: Giffy (---.amtengineering.com)
Date: March 11, 2008 11:19AM

The ticket information and form can also be found here.

Re: Women's NCAA basketball playoff tickets
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 15, 2008 03:16PM

The application form isn't posted publicly yet, but Cornell is accepting orders for the first round of the women's NCAA basketball tournament just in case. (No woofing here.) Note that you'll only have until Monday afternoon to get your order in. Basically it's the same rules as for the men's tournament, except that the limit is four tickets, not two, and the ticket prices are substantially lower.
Cornell Athletics
Dear Cornell Sports Fan,

The Cornell Big Red women's basketball team has won a share of the 2008 Ivy League Championship and is set to play in an Ivy League playoff game on Sunday, March 16. The winner will earn the league's automatic bid to the first round of the NCAA Women's Basketball Championships. The Cornell Athletic Ticket Office is accepting pre-orders for NCAA basketball tickets, in anticipation of Cornell's participation in the championships. Please see the attached order form for detailed information. If you submit a ticket request and Cornell does not qualify for the tournament, Cornell will not receive a ticket allotment and your order form will be destroyed. The deadline for submitting ticket requests is Monday, March 17 at 5 p.m.

Thank you and Go Big Red

--
Cornell Athletic Ticket Office
103 Bartels Hall, Campus Road
Ithaca, NY 14853

Phone: 607-254-BEAR(2327)
Email: athletictickets@cornell.edu

Re: Men's and womens's NCAA basketball playoff tickets
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: March 17, 2008 06:37AM

Yeesh, so the deadline for applying for tickets was before the time and location were known? screwy

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: jaybert (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 07:46AM

yea, but you got to choose which sites you were willing to purchase tickets for, so its really not AS bad as it sounds.

Posted by: Willy '06 (64.213.122.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 08:36AM

How does one get a hold of an order form for the Women's game? I'm in Puerto Rico trying to figure out how to fax an application. I live right near Bridgeport, so I'd love to go if they're there.

Posted by: Willy '06 (64.213.124.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 10:54AM

Anyone?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 10:56AM

eLynah isn't the only tube on the internets.

[cornellbigred.com]

Posted by: Adara (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 11:25AM

Am I the only one just seeing the instructions page and not the form (page 2)?

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: March 17, 2008 11:26AM

Adara
Am I the only one just seeing the instructions page and not the form (page 2)?

Good point. I didn't even look. Just posted the link assuming it was there.

Edit: There's also a phone number at the bottom, so I would think calling would be my first step if I was looking for the order form.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2008 11:28AM by Jordan 04.

Posted by: Adara (---.dia.static.qwest.net)
Date: March 17, 2008 02:48PM

I'm not sure I'll make it back in time for the women's game, but I did call just to let them know they should fix the pdf. The ticket office guy I spoke to said it was fine to do the request via phone anyway. So anyone with fax issues, no form, etc., can just call 607-254-BEAR.

Posted by: jhib (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 17, 2008 03:51PM

The pdf looks fixed now.

[cornellbigred.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login