Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

WOW. Active Hoops Discussion on here!

Posted by CornellFan 
WOW. Active Hoops Discussion on here!
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:04AM

Anybody on here get to see Cornell's shocking buzzer win in men's hoops at Harvard. Unbelievable game!

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Re: WOW. Active Hoops Discussion on here!
Posted by: jhib (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:26AM

Awesome.

But just to be picky... is the go-ahead basket with 7 seconds left really make it a "buzzer win?"

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 11:18AM

Well... not sure if there is a technical definition of buzzer beater, but actually, Cornell did prevent Dartmouth from scoring the go-ahead with 1.8 remaining.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: mnagowski (---.bflony.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 03:25PM

Do you mean Harvard? Or are you clairvoyant? I hope we don't have similar difficulties in Hanover tonight.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 04:23PM

CornellFan is focused. Once one game is over, he's already moved on to the next.

That was way too close last night. I hope the guys see it as a wake-up call and they destroy the Green tonight.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.hsd1.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 16, 2008 05:40PM

I feel sorta guilty getting excited about the team. It's strictly bandwagon -- I haven't actually attended one of their games since 1983 (when my friend Hal rimmed out on full court halftime challenge for a new car).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2008 05:40PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: jhib (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 16, 2008 09:32PM

CornellFan
Well... not sure if there is a technical definition of buzzer beater, but actually, Cornell did prevent Dartmouth from scoring the go-ahead with 1.8 remaining.

I'm pretty sure a buzzer beater is when the winning (or at least tying) shot is taken right before the buzzer, so that the buzzer goes off while it's in the air.

But no big deal. Cornell beats Dartmouth 73-63.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 01:19AM

Trotsky
I feel sorta guilty getting excited about the team. It's strictly bandwagon -- I haven't actually attended one of their games since 1983 (when my friend Hal rimmed out on full court halftime challenge for a new car).
I'll never claim to be a huge basketball fan, but somebody's got to win the Ivy title, and better Cornell than anyone else.

Besides, it's way more interesting than wrestling.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 09:52AM

Josh '99
Trotsky
I'll never claim to be a huge basketball fan, but somebody's got to win the Ivy title, and better Cornell than anyone else.

Besides, it's way more interesting than wrestling.

Have you been to a wrestling match? They can be very exciting. I don't mean the blow out against Princeton, but how about the match against Penn. Penn led most of the way, but only by 6 once. Most of the time it was 3 or less, which meant each match could flip the lead back or forth. Granted there are only 10 matches, but how often do you go to an event where every single match-up could be the deciding one, and the last match did decide?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/17/2008 09:53AM by Jim Hyla.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2008 10:18AM

Jim Hyla
Have you been to a wrestling match? They can be very exciting. I don't mean the blow out against Princeton, but how about the match against Penn. Penn led most of the way, but only by 6 once. Most of the time it was 3 or less, which meant each match could flip the lead back or forth. Granted there are only 10 matches, but how often do you go to an event where every single match-up could be the deciding one, and the last match did decide?
Take it easy, Jim. Some would simply rather watch an event that ends with a twenty-minute long parade of time-outs, fouls, and foul shots.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2008 12:49PM

Al DeFlorio
Jim Hyla
Take it easy, Jim. Some would simply rather watch an event that ends with a twenty-minute long parade of time-outs, fouls, and foul shots.

You're right, sorry, I did come across too strong, it's just that so many people put wrestling down without ever having experienced it's excitement. It truly can be a lot of fun and the crowd can really get into it.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2008 11:25PM

jhib
Awesome.

But just to be picky... is the go-ahead basket with 7 seconds left really make it a "buzzer win?"

The shooter went early decision.

Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: February 26, 2008 12:42AM

I didn't think it was worth a new thread, but according to ESPN's bracketology, Cornell is a #13 seed set up to play #4 Purdue. If that holds true, I have a feeling I won't be too popular in my Carnellian Red!

I kind of liked it two years ago when the state of Indiana didn't have a single team in the NC$$ tournament.

Posted by: BillCharlton (---.dsl.tpkaks.sbcglobal.net)
Date: February 26, 2008 12:51AM

Rita
I didn't think it was worth a new thread, but according to ESPN's bracketology, Cornell is a #13 seed set up to play #4 Purdue. If that holds true, I have a feeling I won't be too popular in my Carnellian Red!

I kind of liked it two years ago when the state of Indiana didn't have a single team in the NC$$ tournament.

Better Purdue than Indiana. Indiana's colors are cream and crimson! What would suck worse than that? On the upside, though, at least you would kind of blend in with the Indiana crowd!

Women's Hoops
Posted by: Adara (---.stny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2008 08:22AM

The CU women's team is having quite a year and this coming weekend is huge. They are in first place in the league, have set a new Cornell women's single-season league wins record at 9 (with 4 games left), and they have an important weekend coming up. This weekend they face Dartmouth and Harvard, the 3rd and 2nd place teams, respectively. If they can win these tough road games, that could mean earning at least a tie for the Ivy title, and depending on other outcomes, the chance to play at home for sole possession of the title. Cornell *potentially* has the chance to see both teams clinch a bid on home court. Also, the women's team has never won the Ivy Title. With several games left and only a small lead, anything can happen, but it's been a great season up to this point.

Re: Women's Hoops
Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 26, 2008 10:37AM

Adara
The CU women's team is having quite a year and this coming weekend is huge. They are in first place in the league, have set a new Cornell women's single-season league wins record at 9 (with 4 games left), and they have an important weekend coming up. This weekend they face Dartmouth and Harvard, the 3rd and 2nd place teams, respectively. If they can win these tough road games, that could mean earning at least a tie for the Ivy title, and depending on other outcomes, the chance to play at home for sole possession of the title. Cornell *potentially* has the chance to see both teams clinch a bid on home court. Also, the women's team has never won the Ivy Title. With several games left and only a small lead, anything can happen, but it's been a great season up to this point.
I shrugged my shoulders about this until Cornell swept the home weekend against H/D. This has been a very good year for Cornell sports so far, with the exception of hockey (which is only disappointing by Lynah standards).

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: February 26, 2008 11:02AM

ugarte
I shrugged my shoulders about this until Cornell swept the home weekend against H/D. This has been a very good year for Cornell sports so far, with the exception of hockey (which is only disappointing by Lynah standards).
Blocked football out of your memory? :-}

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: February 26, 2008 11:05AM

Josh '99
ugarte
Cornell plays football? I thought they dropped the team because of Title IX.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2008 12:24PM

ugarte
Josh '99
ugarte
Cornell plays football? I thought they dropped the team because of Title IX.
Is that what's called "wishful thinking?"**]

Posted by: bandit1 (132.236.107.---)
Date: February 26, 2008 03:45PM

The women's team has done a great job coming up from the bottom of the league, just as the men have done. The women may have the best player in the league, Jeomi Maduka and the men have Louis Dale. You could not ask for two better coaches in Donahue and Smith....Unfortunately if both win titles, I forsee both leaving for other jobs.

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 29, 2008 09:24PM

A bit of a damper on an otherwise great night for Cornell sports...

The Women's Bball team lost a heartbreaker to Dartmouth tonight, 46-44. ESPN also reports a Harvard win, so Cornell and Harvard are now tied at the top of the standings with Dartmouth a game back. Cornell plays Harvard tomorrow, and the top three teams all have (relatively) easy games next weekend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login