Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Anyone walking to the game? Restaurants?

Posted by CornellFan 
Anyone walking to the game? Restaurants?
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 06:38PM

Is anyone walking to the stadium from their Inner Harbor area hotel? I heard the walk is about a mile-- so seems feasible (no traffic, no parking costs). Plus, you get to burn some calories from all that crap you eat in the stadium.

Also, can anyone suggest any good restaurants in the Inner Harbor area. Thanks.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Re: Anyone walking to the game? Restaurants?
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 06:40PM

CornellFan
Is anyone walking to the stadium from their Inner Harbor area hotel? I heard the walk is about a mile-- so seems feasible (no traffic, no parking costs). Plus, you get to burn some calories from all that crap you eat in the stadium.

While it's a chain, McCormick and Schmicks is great for seafood.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 06:43PM

I was hoping to avoid the chains-- get the authentic Maryland stuff. Hopefully get good weather and sit outside on the water. Get drunk if Cornell loses. Of course, also get drunk if they win.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: May 24, 2007 10:06AM

If you want to stay in the Inner Harbor area, try Phillips (seafood). It has several branches throughout the Bal/DC area, but it's a local company. However, for a more authentic crab house atmosphere, Obrycki's is the place to go. It's on Pratt, east of the Inner Harbor. Note that they'll be closed on Monday. For crab rookies: beer is a must. Otherwise, the salt content of the crabs and Old Bay Seasoning will really do a number on you.

Another alternative would be something in Little Italy (very close to the Inner Harbor). Chiapparelli's has been there forever and has a good, standard menu. There are other good options in the neighborhood, as well.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: May 24, 2007 10:41AM

ninian '72
For crab rookies: beer is a must. Otherwise, the salt content of the crabs and Old Bay Seasoning will really do a number on you.
That's ridiculous, everyone knows hockey fans don't like beer.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: May 24, 2007 10:50AM

CornellFan

The Inner Harbor to M&T Bank Stadium route is quite walkable. I'd say it's about a 15-minute walk.

The Inner Harbor eateries are all kinda touristy; ninian 72's suggestions are good. But if you're staying in the Inner Harbor area and you want a somewhat more authentic harbor experience, I say take the short water taxi ride to another harbor neighborhood called Fells Point. It's not as cool and gritty as it used to be (hey, who took away all the alcoholics?), but it's still fun. Eat at Bertha's Mussels on Broadway (a block or two from the water taxi terminal) -- there's even a Bertha's coupon in the packet of printable discounts that the Baltimore Convention and Visitors Association put together for this weekend: [www.baltimore.org]. Then take the water taxi back to the Inner Harbor and walk to the stadium. You'll see a lot of the other piers from the water taxi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login