Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Noise Observation from The Game/Final Four notes

Posted by CornellFan 
Noise Observation from The Game/Final Four notes
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2007 11:42AM

For those who attended the game, did you get the sense that the Albany fans or the Cornell fans were greater in number? Who did you think was louder?

I was reading the Inside Lacrosse blog, which seemed to imply that Albany's fans were louder. I did not get that sense at all from where I was sitting. I thought Cornellians far outnumbered the Danes and the stadium was overwhelmingly pro-Cornell. Just my feeling. And I was a bit surprised. I thought all of the Hopkins/GTown fans would be anti-Ivy League.

Upon getting home from the game, I called just about a dozen hotels in the Baltimore area. They were all sold out, especially those in the harbor area. I heard reports that over 50,000 tickets have now been sold for the Final Four. Some hotels have Friday night available, but Saturday/Sun nights are gone. Also, it is a bit troubling that Cornell is only selling 3 game packages (i.e. you can't just purchase the semifinals). Why should we buy a ticket for the championship game before Cornell plays Duke/UNC? Does anyone know how to purchase just a semifinal game ticket?

A Final Four consisting of Duke (the most infamous college team in sports right now), Hopkins (the local Baltimore school), and Cornell (huge alumni base), should result in the highest selling lax Final Four of all time--- by far.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2007 11:44AM by CornellFan.

Re: Noise Observation from The Game/Final Four notes
Posted by: Rita (---.dhcp.insightbb.com)
Date: May 20, 2007 11:57AM

I believe that the 3 game package is standard for all NC$$ semi-final/final events where the games are all being played at the same venue and the same weekend (3 day period). That is how the NC$$ sells the tickets for the hockey and basketball DI finals. Cornell tickets are from the NC$$ allotment set aside for participating teams. They can only sell them as the 3 game pack.

I know for hockey, there is a lottery, so you have to buy your 3 game package before the season even starts, so come March you will find people will to part with all or some of the tickets when they find out that their team will not be participating. The best place to look is probably on the lax forums and maybe (?) stubhub.com.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: May 20, 2007 12:21PM

Rita
I know for hockey, there is a lottery, so you have to buy your 3 game package before the season even starts, so come March you will find people will to part with all or some of the tickets when they find out that their team will not be participating. The best place to look is probably on the lax forums and maybe (?) stubhub.com.

Other than the school's allotment you mean, but that is very limited anyway. Yeah, thanks for the reminder, next years ticket lottery deadline is June 1, so I have to remember to apply :)

As far as hotels, downtown Baltimore may be tough, but did you try looking in the surrounding burbs? I find it hard to believe the entire Baltimore metro area is sold out, there gotta be far far more than 50K hotel rooms. If so, DC area isn't too far - a northern DC suburb hotel would be ~45 minutes away.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2007 12:34PM

BWI Airport hotels are another possibility.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2007 01:40PM

I figured that the Inner Harbor was the way to go. Catch the Saturday game, spend Sunday eating crab cakes on the water and visiting the aquarium. God willing, Monday we play again and win a National Championship over Coach Dave P. and his alma mater.

I'll just have to keep searching for rooms.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 20, 2007 01:55PM

Put down the phone and pick up Expedia or Travelocity; they're both showing plenty of availability within the city limits, just perhaps not in the price range you were hoping for.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 20, 2007 02:14PM

Delaware joins the Final Four party in Baltimore with a 10-6 win over UMBC.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2007 02:38PM

Because all the fans were packed opposite the TV cameras to make the sport look more packed (wonder if they did that also in the women's DIII lax final at Hobart - no crowding there), there seemed to be some odd echos from across the field.

The Albany fans did have more body paint. But then if Cornell fans paint themselves, it appears as an insult either to native Americans or the sunburned Irish.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 20, 2007 03:31PM

Heels leading the guys who hire strippers 5-1 after one.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 20, 2007 05:21PM

But Duke roars back from down 8-5 at the half to win 19-11.

CU-Duke will be the second game Saturday at 2:30.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.ed.gov)
Date: May 23, 2007 09:33AM

Also, check out hotels in Columbia MD, about 20 miles from downtown Balmer. Expedia shows some decent rates (for DC/Baltimore area) still available there.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 23, 2007 04:45PM

ninian '72
Also, check out hotels in Columbia MD, about 20 miles from downtown Balmer. Expedia shows some decent rates (for DC/Baltimore area) still available there.

I'm actually staying in Laurel, which is nearby. Decent rates available there, too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login