Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lax Final Four Tickets

Posted by David Harding 
Lax Final Four Tickets
Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: May 19, 2007 03:29PM

Re: Lax Final Four Tickets
Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.10.164.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:04AM

I'm having no luck getting through to anyone.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:12AM

ebilmes
I'm having no luck getting through to anyone.

Same here.

The Bartels office says leave a message and the damn mailbox is full.

The Ravens ticket office line has been busy since 9.

Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:13AM

Lines are jammed.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Date: May 21, 2007 10:15AM

Occasionaly the ravens number connects to a data line. smashfreak

Posted by: BCrespi (209.191.175.---)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:33AM

Just got through and got my 4! Pumped for a weekend in B-more cheering on the Red! Not pumped for Memorial Day traffic through Jersey and Delaware...oh well. Good luck to those trying to get tickets, see you down there hopefully.

Date: May 21, 2007 10:36AM

I just got through to the Ravens' number. They basically have behind the end zones in the lower bowl, and in the corners in the upper bowl. I asked him if Ticketshafter was holding the best seats for themselves, and he said no. They've sold 45,000+ seats so far. And while the stadium holds 70K, a big chunk of those are in the Club boxes, so you'd have to think it could be very close to being a sellout of the general public seats.

Note that they are not assigning specific seats. They are simply taking names and numbers and will use the next few days to assign the seats.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:36AM

I also got through to CU, so they must be done going through the people who lined up at the window. Basically, they have an 800 ticket allotment and the requests of the players' parents get filled first.

My understanding is that I'm on the list with my credit card info and that will get processed. If they run out before filling my order, they'll notify me by phone by Wed. or Thurs.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2007 10:39AM by RichH.

THESE ARE NOT TICKETS
Posted by: CornellFan (---.nyc.megapath.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 10:37AM

I got through too and placed my order with Cornell. BUT Cornell explained these are not tickets. These are REQUESTS for tickets. First Cornell gives tickets to players and families. THEN... alumni, in order of the requests, get the balance of the ticks. BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS. Make sure you can cancel. 48 hours in advance. Cornell will notify you by Wed if your REQUEST can't be honored.

[cornellbasketball.blogspot.com]

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 11:16AM

One hopes that enough Hopkins fans will go outside the stadium to party on and that will give us some seating elbow room for game 2 Saturday. If Hopkins were to emerge not-victorious, I think the Cornell fans could have a pick of seats on the 50 yard-line.

Posted by: Erica (192.138.70.---)
Date: May 21, 2007 11:22AM

You guys do realize that you can go to lax4baltimore.org and download a pdf which you can fill out and fax over to the ticket office? Worked for me...

Re: THESE ARE NOT TICKETS
Date: May 21, 2007 11:46AM

Please know that the Cornell Ticket Office did have a certain amount of acutal tickets before it started taking requests on possible tickets. I was assured, after just calling back, that my call at 10:30 got tickets. Just an FYI for those who may panic or whatever. LGR!

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.dhcp.psdn.ca.charter.com)
Date: May 21, 2007 12:21PM

Any chance any tickets are left?

Date: May 21, 2007 12:24PM

Jacob '06
Any chance any tickets are left?

Guess so, I just got my 2.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.10.164.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 01:04PM

CornellFan
I got through too and placed my order with Cornell. BUT Cornell explained these are not tickets. These are REQUESTS for tickets. First Cornell gives tickets to players and families. THEN... alumni, in order of the requests, get the balance of the ticks. BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT HOTEL RESERVATIONS. Make sure you can cancel. 48 hours in advance. Cornell will notify you by Wed if your REQUEST can't be honored.

They didn't say anything like this to me (~10:25am). The woman I talked to seemed to indicate that these were actual tickets that would be waiting for me in Baltimore.

When do we find out which starting time we'll have?

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 01:33PM

ebilmes
When do we find out which starting time we'll have?
Cornell-Duke at 2:30.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: May 21, 2007 06:49PM

BTW, does anyone know if the packages we buy from the CU office are for the D1 games only? lax4baltimore.org & ticketmaster seems to indicate that the $65 tickets are 3-day passes, also described as "all-session", which I believe gets us into the Sunday Division II & III championship games.

Of note, our friend up Rt 13, SUNY Cortland is in the D-III Championship game in a rematch of last year's final vs. Salisbury State. Cortland won a stunner in OT to win the championship. Huge, huge upset, and Salisbury will be gunning for revenge.

and with Le Moyne College (located in Syracuse) in the D-II Championship game (also defending a 2006 Championship) vs. Mercyhurst, Central NY has a chance to take home all 3 divisions. The cherry on top would be to do it in the heart of Maryland.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 21, 2007 07:56PM

RichH
BTW, does anyone know if the packages we buy from the CU office are for the D1 games only? lax4baltimore.org & ticketmaster seems to indicate that the $65 tickets are 3-day passes, also described as "all-session", which I believe gets us into the Sunday Division II & III championship games.

Of note, our friend up Rt 13, SUNY Cortland is in the D-III Championship game in a rematch of last year's final vs. Salisbury State. Cortland won a stunner in OT to win the championship. Huge, huge upset, and Salisbury will be gunning for revenge.

and with Le Moyne College (located in Syracuse) in the D-II Championship game (also defending a 2006 Championship) vs. Mercyhurst, Central NY has a chance to take home all 3 divisions. The cherry on top would be to do it in the heart of Maryland.

And Onondaga CC has won the NJCAA Championship for the second year in a row, with its second undefeated season.

Date: May 21, 2007 10:05PM

I can't find it on their web site, but someone on laxpower posted yesterday that the Baltimore Sun reported "single session tickets will soon go on sale."

Date: May 22, 2007 07:40AM

The tickets I got from the Ravens yesterday were for Saturday and Monday only. It was $10 off the 3-game package price.

Date: May 22, 2007 08:42PM

Latest on tickets:

[www.insidelacrosse.com]

Date: May 22, 2007 08:45PM

And Cornell just called me to say I in fact didn't get tickets. I'm kind of annoyed.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.8.173.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 22, 2007 09:14PM

Jacob '06
And Cornell just called me to say I in fact didn't get tickets. I'm kind of annoyed.

Cornell called me to say the exact same thing. This is really disappointing.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.nccr.epa.gov)
Date: May 23, 2007 09:56AM

I just got the same voicemessage. I'm on hold right now to talk to Gene...he was talking to someone else explaining what happened, and I think by now I've gotten disconnected.

Did anyone here that "ordered" tickets from Cornell actually get to buy tickets from Cornell.

I called right at 10:00 on Monday, when the box office was supposed to open. (Truth be told, it was 9:55; I cheated slightly). The ticket office staffer I spoke to this morning at first seemed surprised that my order wasn't processed. Then said that she thought none were processed. They had 800 tickets. Filled requests of player families first, which was about 250. Then filled lacrosse alumni requests and VIPs, which took the rest.

I know it's hard for Athletics to deal with the NCAA limited alottment. But, to not make any tickets available for sale to "regular" students and alumni? I was a disturbed and made nervous by the fact that there was no limit on tickets the general public could buy. When I placed my order, I theoretically cold have placed an order for 20 or 50, when they should cap it at 2 or 4.

I'd imagine for players, lax alumni, and VIPs it was the same thing. If someone wanted 20 tickets, they got 20 tickets. I understand the need to take care of the lax people, but there should be some limit.

So, again, anyone get tickets from Cornell? I guess I'll be on the phone with the Ravens for my tickets.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: May 23, 2007 11:10AM

I also got a call last night from the ticket office explaining that they had run out of tickets by the time they got to my spot on the list.

I already have tickets that I purchased from the Ravens earlier this spring (upper level first row at about the 15 yard line or so), but I was trying to buy more for friends and family.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.8.173.adsl.snet.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 11:29AM

Josh 03
I called right at 10:00 on Monday, when the box office was supposed to open. (Truth be told, it was 9:55; I cheated slightly). The ticket office staffer I spoke to this morning at first seemed surprised that my order wasn't processed. Then said that she thought none were processed. They had 800 tickets. Filled requests of player families first, which was about 250. Then filled lacrosse alumni requests and VIPs, which took the rest.

I know it's hard for Athletics to deal with the NCAA limited allotment. But, to not make any tickets available for sale to "regular" students and alumni? I was a disturbed and made nervous by the fact that there was no limit on tickets the general public could buy. When I placed my order, I theoretically cold have placed an order for 20 or 50, when they should cap it at 2 or 4.

I doubt many people from the general public was successful. Like you, I began calling before 10:00 and got through about 20 minutes after that. I got tickets through the Ravens this morning and asked for seats near the Cornell allotment, so we'll see where that puts me. It's hard to justify limiting the number of seats available to families or alumni, but I'd be interested to know if there were any people who bought more than 20 at a time.

Date: May 23, 2007 11:35AM

I haven't received a call yet re: my 4 tickets, though I called back that day, and was assured I got them. However, now I'm very nervous.

Date: May 23, 2007 11:39AM

I don't think it's that hard to justify. It's pretty standard for athletes to be given a limited number of tickets. Above that, you hear stories about them buying large blocks (from ticket offices or open market) all the time.

I think it's really unacceptable to issue a press release about ticket sales to your fans, and then NOT SELL ANY TO THEM!

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 12:24PM

Josh 03

I think it's really unacceptable to issue a press release about ticket sales to your fans, and then NOT SELL ANY TO THEM!

I think that's why I'm pretty syre the release changed from "tickets will go on sale" to "ticket orders will be taken" sometime on Monday...

Date: May 23, 2007 12:50PM

The problem I had was that when I called I said "Do you have any tickets left?" and the answer was "yes." If they had told me that I probably wasn't going to get tickets it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

Date: May 23, 2007 12:55PM

Maybe this is how they should do the hockey line from now on. Just keep taking orders for days without any indication that seats have or may be sold out and then send a short email to the people whose tickets got taken up by those ahead of or more connected than them telling them they didn't really buy a ticket, they just placed an order and we overbooked. Then the only risk of bodily harm would be after the email goes out when the good folks in the fieldhouse can take a much deserved vacation.

Posted by: L-J (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2007 03:27PM

I picked up our tickets this morning, put in my request in person on Monday at the Ticket Office, and we ended up w/4 seats in the Cornell Block, right on one of the corners, 3rd Row. They are for all 3 games. Priced on the tix as $30 Saturday, $10 Sunday, $25 Monday. 3 Individual tickets for each person, one for each day.

There were other people there picking up tix this morning, so obviously some people got them. Sounds like the players /band/ VIPs scooped up a big chunk of the 800 seats though.

L-J

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: May 23, 2007 03:37PM

In all the lax FF Hoopla, don't forget to apply for the 2008 Men's Frozen Four lottery! Applications due by June 1.

I'm thinking of going with 2 this year instead of the typical 4, as I just bought plane tickets for a summer vacation and its already going to be painful to watch the full CC balance come out of my checking account next month.

Date: May 23, 2007 04:25PM

Just called the Ravens for more ticket info. They said that single-game tickets go on sale the day before each game. L-J's post would reflect the prices they're charging.

All-sessions are available for $65 in the lower bowl (goalline) and $55 in the upper bowl (18 rows up sideline).

Posted by: mnagowski (---.federalreserve.org)
Date: May 23, 2007 05:53PM

Anybody know how large the band is going to be?

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 06:30PM

metaezra
NCAA events like this limit the band to 25 players.

Date: May 23, 2007 06:39PM

Section A Banshee
metaezra

Which is ridiculous at a hockey regional venue holding 8k+, more ridiculous at a frozen four site holding 18k, and absolutely retarded in an NFL stadium holding 70k.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.dhcp.embarqhsd.net)
Date: May 23, 2007 06:47PM

Chris '03
Section A Banshee
metaezra

Which is ridiculous at a hockey regional venue holding 8k+, more ridiculous at a frozen four site holding 18k, and absolutely retarded in an NFL stadium holding 70k.
At least at the Frozen Four we had microphones.

... and at the Everblades, but that was under the table.

Date: May 23, 2007 07:13PM

They should go with whatever the football band restrictions are in the case of a large football stadium like this.

Date: May 23, 2007 07:25PM

Jacob '06
They should go with whatever the football band restrictions are in the case of a large football stadium like this.

They should also cover expenses like they do in football...

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 23, 2007 08:19PM

Section A Banshee
Chris '03
Section A Banshee
metaezra

I suppose they could maybe mike the band this weekend too.

Posted by: Robb (65.203.56.---)
Date: May 23, 2007 09:15PM

Jacob '06
I assume you mean D-1AA, right? Cause there aren't any NCAA-organized D1-A football games.

Posted by: BCrespi (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: May 24, 2007 12:02AM

Jacob '06

and the should know what they are doing since the Ravens actually have a band during home games!

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (132.183.13.---)
Date: May 24, 2007 01:33PM

Josh '99
Section A Banshee
Chris '03
Section A Banshee
metaezra

I suppose they could maybe mike the band this weekend too.

Perhaps they should mike the ref's whistles too. Screaming crowds at faceoffs work both ways.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: May 24, 2007 02:50PM

Among the many items listed as prohibited in M&T Bank Stadium:

Cowbells

Date: May 24, 2007 03:36PM

If you have not yet received word re: your ticket requests, you can call the Cornell ticket office and they will tell you whether you got tickets or not and can give you your seat locations. See everybody there!

nm
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 25, 2007 08:51PM

I bought hard-to-find stadium parking passes for Saturday and Monday's games at M&T Bank Stadium from the Cornell Mid-Atlantic Regional Office -- and now I've discovered that I don't need them! They're in Lot O, right near the stadium, a hot tailgating permitted area. I bought 'em for $20 each and will sell for best offer (Mid-Atlantic Office said $20 each was "face," but I see no price on them; I've been told daily rates at garages are more than that). Send me a private message if you're interested.

Never mind, I've found a taker.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2007 09:57PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login