Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quarterfinals at Princeton Roll Call

Posted by Beeeej 
Quarterfinals at Princeton Roll Call
Posted by: Beeeej (Moderator)
Date: May 13, 2007 11:50AM

Nope, I don't care if it's Albany or Loyola, and I don't care if it's noon or 3pm. I'm going. Who's with me?

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Re: Quarterfinals at Princeton Roll Call
Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 01:37PM

If it's the noon game, I'm for sure going and heading back quick, because we're hosting an end-of-season late afternoon party for the HS lax team. Second game, that's problematic. Even more so since we gave up satellite and cable doesn't carry ESPNU.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 02:59PM

How long do lacrosse games typically run? If we are the noon game, then I might try and make it down for the game, and then back to Shea for Mets/Yanks at 4:00.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 03:03PM

~2 hours, a bit more. The noon Princeton game, with a little bit of overtime, ended 2:15. Assuming no lightening delays, of course ;)

Date: May 13, 2007 03:12PM

As DeltaOne81 said, games generally last about two hours, assuming no overtime. If you're relying on public transportation (NJT from Princeton to Princeton Junction to Penn Station, 1 train to 7 train to Shea), I don't think you have much of a chance of being on time. But by car, you should at least be close (though you'd then have to contend with incoming Shea traffic).

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyperband.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 04:34PM

Damn straight I'm in. Do we know which game is ours?

Posted by: nr53 (---.ece.cornell.edu)
Date: May 13, 2007 04:49PM

I'm in and should be bringing a few people along. Should make for a fun weekend before senior week rock

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 05:55PM

I've been waiting for this weekend all spring. I'll be there, possibly with a friend or two.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 13, 2007 06:09PM

Beeeej
As DeltaOne81 said, games generally last about two hours, assuming no overtime. If you're relying on public transportation (NJT from Princeton to Princeton Junction to Penn Station, 1 train to 7 train to Shea), I don't think you have much of a chance of being on time. But by car, you should at least be close (though you'd then have to contend with incoming Shea traffic).
... which is a NIGHTMARE, since about 2/3 of what used to be the parking lot is taken up by the new stadium.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 08:03PM

Ben Rocky '04
ESPNU showing the Cornell game starting at noon.

Date: May 13, 2007 10:31PM

Al DeFlorio
Ben Rocky '04

Neither Cornell, nor Albany, nor the NCAA has updated their sites from "12 or 3" or "TBA" yet, so I wouldn't be 100% sure just yet. But that's nice to know. As soon as someone has some kind of independent verification, please post here. :-)

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: May 13, 2007 10:36PM

Beeeej
Al DeFlorio
Ben Rocky '04

Neither Cornell, nor Albany, nor the NCAA has updated their sites from "12 or 3" or "TBA" yet, so I wouldn't be 100% sure just yet. But that's nice to know. As soon as someone has some kind of independent verification, please post here. :-)
Good point. I think ESPNU was showing Duke-UNC as the second game at Navy, but I also think I remember a posting on laxpower contradicting one or the other of the two locations as posted by ESPNU. So don't make your "dinky" (or whatever it's called) reservations yet.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: May 14, 2007 09:07AM

We'll be in Madrid. I doubt it'll be on any of the channels we'll get.

I think there's a 6 hour difference, so assuming I can find an internet cafe, maybe I can catch some of the game while we're recharging our batteries for dinner.

Posted by: mttgrmm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: May 14, 2007 01:53PM

Beeeej
Al DeFlorio
Ben Rocky '04

the laxpower bracket has us down clearly for the 12:00 noon game:

[www.laxpower.com]

still no update on the CU or JHU athletics pages yet, but both the Albany and Gtown sites have it:

[guhoyas.cstv.com]

[www.albany.edu]

i'll be there plus 2 or 3

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: May 14, 2007 02:03PM

Oooo. Noon makes it less likely. Still considering.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (155.72.24.---)
Date: May 14, 2007 02:44PM

Josh '99
Beeeej
... which is a NIGHTMARE, since about 2/3 of what used to be the parking lot is taken up by the new stadium.

Definitely would be driving to and from Princeton.

Definitely would not be attempting to drive all the way to Shea.

Would like drive back to a nearby LIRR or 7 station. But with 2 hours to get back, I figure it's doable, so I hope to be there for lax.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: May 14, 2007 05:28PM

mttgrmm
still no update on the CU or JHU athletics pages yet
I didn't check with JHU, but Cornell confirms that the game is at noon.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: May 14, 2007 05:40PM

With the chance to use 2-5 different rail methods, how can I not go? And an arrival time of 11:32 seems perfect to me.

Woo!

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: May 14, 2007 06:44PM

ugarte
mttgrmm
still no update on the CU or JHU athletics pages yet
I didn't check with JHU, but Cornell confirms that the game is at noon.

Altitude is my favorite regional sports network.
The game is being picked in New Orleans... how about CT?

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: May 14, 2007 07:33PM

Well, at least I can Tivo the game on SNY, since I have to be at a Bat Mitzvah Saturday :-/

Date: May 14, 2007 09:34PM

At this point, at a minimum, I'm plus three adults, two kids, and possibly a dog.

- Steve Worona

Date: May 14, 2007 09:38PM

...which reminds me: any chance this thing will sell out? Should I be buying my block of tickets at least a few days in advance?

- Steve Worona

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: May 14, 2007 09:47PM

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it. I'm an RA and I have to checkout residents Saturday morning since everyone has to be out of the dorms by 2:00pm. I've used up more than my share of "get out of jail free" cards and favors for hockey, so it looks like I'll be watching it on TV.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: May 14, 2007 10:17PM

Beeeej
...which reminds me: any chance this thing will sell out? Should I be buying my block of tickets at least a few days in advance?
Don't think so. When Princeton Stadium hosted the quarterfinals in 2005, there were tons of empty seats even though they only opened up one side of the stadium. (How depressing was that? No noise coming toward you, and everyone got a nice view of empty seats on the other side of the field.) On the other hand, the participating teams in 2005 didn't include schools that bring many fans. But even with Hopkins coming for the 3 p.m. game this time around, there's no way this sells out. I assume they'd just open up the other side of the stadium if they get enough pre-event sales.

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: May 15, 2007 08:11AM

Hillel Hoffmann
Beeeej
Don't think so. When Princeton Stadium hosted the quarterfinals in 2005, there were tons of empty seats even though they only opened up one side of the stadium. (How depressing was that? No noise coming toward you, and everyone got a nice view of empty seats on the other side of the field.) On the other hand, the participating teams in 2005 didn't include schools that bring many fans. But even with Hopkins coming for the 3 p.m. game this time around, there's no way this sells out. I assume they'd just open up the other side of the stadium if they get enough pre-event sales.

In fact, as I remember, we had to fight with the Princeton staff for them to open up the upper section of the side of the field they DID open! But one thing to suggest getting there early: It was all general admission.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2007 08:15AM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: May 15, 2007 12:10PM

Road trip for Cornell sports? I'm in. I'll make a detour to Princeton on my way from Pensacola to Norfolk :)

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.z3-88-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: May 15, 2007 12:34PM

Liz '05
Road trip for Cornell sports? I'm in. I'll make a detour to Princeton on my way from Pensacola to Norfolk :)

And Liz is in the lead for most crazy Cornell sports fan of the year award...popcorn
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/15/2007 12:35PM by Ben Rocky '04.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: May 15, 2007 04:11PM

Ben Rocky '04
Liz '05

And Liz is in the lead for most crazy Cornell sports fan of the year award...popcorn
I guess it's possible JTW could fly in from Germany and displace her.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: May 15, 2007 04:33PM

Josh '99
Ben Rocky '04
Liz '05

I guess it's possible JTW could fly in from Germany and displace her.

Completely different kind of crazy ;)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login