Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Swami is a p***y

Posted by DeltaOne81 
Swami is a p***y
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 19, 2007 05:21PM

So this week he now calls Cornell his #1 team. Why? So that if we beat Princeton he is right, and if we lose to Princeton he was right. Doesn't have the balls to stick with his prediction when it may be proved wrong.

(Yes, I know he's for entertainment purposes, but so is this and its fun to rant and good to blow off steam)

Re: Swami is a p***y
Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: April 19, 2007 05:58PM

He says Cornell is no. 1 but chooses Princeton (his no. 3) to win on the road, so clearly he doesn't buy into his own ranking and is probably gaming the system as you suspect. Plus there are few additional slights thrown in: the bizarre photo stand-in for a Cornell fan, cheap shots at Ithaca (eh, probably deserved :) ), and then the typo in the game description, where it says Cornell is unranked (you *almost* have to think the typo was deliberate).

Swami has the heel act down cold. :)

On a different, but lax related, note: things are heating up between the Syracuse and Albany fans on the Laxpower forum; sit back and enjoy. popcorn

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: April 19, 2007 06:28PM

JasonN95
it says Cornell is unranked (you *almost* have to think the typo was deliberate).
Almost? He tabs Albany as unranked as well. He ranked Cornell #1 because "logic" dictated that he had to. But he doesn't believe it and is hoping to gloat; he not only picked Princeton to win, he made them the 6 point game.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: April 19, 2007 07:15PM

I could be wrong but the rankings given in his weekly list of games might be his preseason rankings. As I recall, Princeton is #4 in his rankings this week--behind Cornell, Duke, and Virginia--not #3. Much of what the windbag writes during the season is intended to justify his preseason rankings, so he can show how smart he was. It's become a self-parody.

[Edit: No. What I wrote above can't be right because his blather this week refers to Stony Brook as #1, and even the great windbag couldn't have picked them #1 in the preseason. I give up.]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2007 07:20PM by Al DeFlorio.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: April 20, 2007 02:27AM

Al DeFlorio
It's become a self-parody.

"become"? The last time I looked at the Swami's site it seemed pretty obviously intended as a self-parody.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: April 20, 2007 06:11PM

JasonN95
On a different, but lax related, note: things are heating up between the Syracuse and Albany fans on the Laxpower forum; sit back and enjoy. popcorn

Great theater.

I was curious about their average game attendance, after that one Albany comment about SU getting 2,000 to the game tonight...SU = 4,906; Albany = 536. That's from their laxsites. I have to be reading that incorrectly.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 21, 2007 01:05PM

Those numbers may be right. Albany plays outdoors which always holds the crowds down in February and March. In addition, according to all the talk on the Laxpower forum, they have a new field but no seating, so you really have to want to see the game to go. At SU, on the other hand, there's endless seating, it's always dry and 70 degrees and, of course, there's a long-standing fan base among all the young players in Section 3 of NYS public school lacrosse.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: April 25, 2007 11:25AM

Is swami's site down? I wanted to check the scoreboard and laugh but ... nothin'.

Posted by: Robb (12.46.32.---)
Date: April 26, 2007 11:13AM

ugarte
Is swami's site down? I wanted to check the scoreboard and laugh but ... nothin'.

I think his head asploded on Saturday when we beat Princeton. I'm still getting a blank screen, which is nearly as informantive, but not nearly as funny, as his usual website...

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 26, 2007 10:22PM

The site is up now. Nice commentary by Ivyman on the crowd for Saturday's game.
Swami

Posted by: Robb (65.203.56.---)
Date: April 26, 2007 10:59PM

peterg
Swami

Still blank for me, and I'm sure it's true, because I had the volume turned all the way up.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 26, 2007 11:26PM

Robb
peterg
Swami

Still blank for me, and I'm sure it's true, because I had the volume turned all the way up.

Try refreshing it a few times or clearing your cache? Cause the page is definitely working. Your browser may be remembering an old copy.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2007 01:55AM

DeltaOne81
Robb
peterg
Swami

Try refreshing it a few times or clearing your cache? Cause the page is definitely working. Your browser may be remembering an old copy.

But turn down the volume first. ;-)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Robb (65.203.56.---)
Date: April 27, 2007 02:01AM

DeltaOne81
Robb
peterg
Swami

Humph. Still not working. I deleted everything I know how to in IE, and that didn't work. I then installed Firefox (which I didn't even have installed before), and that didn't work. I know that didn't have a cache. Maybe I need to re-install flash or something?

ETA: nope, that didn't work either. My address bar changes from "www.laxswami.com" to [207.36.167.107], and the window title changes to "The Swami's "This Week" in Lacrosse," but theres no webpage content and no annoying music. It does say "click to activate this control" and my cursor is the hand. When I click, I get nothing. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to survive lo these many days without the wisdom of the Swami.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2007 02:15AM by Robb.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 27, 2007 08:22AM

Robb
Humph. Still not working. I deleted everything I know how to in IE, and that didn't work. I then installed Firefox (which I didn't even have installed before), and that didn't work. I know that didn't have a cache. Maybe I need to re-install flash or something?

ETA: nope, that didn't work either. My address bar changes from "www.laxswami.com" to [207.36.167.107], and the window title changes to "The Swami's "This Week" in Lacrosse," but theres no webpage content and no annoying music. It does say "click to activate this control" and my cursor is the hand. When I click, I get nothing. Ah well, I guess I'll just have to survive lo these many days without the wisdom of the Swami.

Hmmm, it could be your internet service. Sometimes they cache pages at their end. If that's the case, it should go away eventually. Weird though. But yeah, I think you'll survive alright.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: April 27, 2007 10:23AM

Looks like he changed to a more robust server to handle all the, uhh, extra traffic. Yeah. Anyway, your DNS probably just hasn't gotten the address change yet. Try this link if it's still not working:

[207.36.167.107]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login