Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Embassy Inn on Dryden Rd.?

Posted by Scott Kominkiewicz 
Embassy Inn on Dryden Rd.?
Posted by: Scott Kominkiewicz (---.nwrk.east.verizon.net)
Date: August 09, 2006 05:04PM

Is the Embassy Inn on Dryden Rd. a decent place to stay? I originally thought that it was the Embassy Suites thanks to an error made by Yahoo Yellow Pages, but the owner told me over the phone that it is the Embassy "Inn." Is it clean and a little spacious? Can you rate it on the following scale:

Hillside Inn = 1 pt.
Statler = 100 pts.

Where does the Embassy Inn fit on this scale? Thanks. B-]

Re: Embassy Inn on Dryden Rd.?
Posted by: Dianne 99 (---.sonomatech.com)
Date: August 09, 2006 06:02PM

I suspect this is the hotel my parents and I stayed at the night before I moved into the dorms freshman year (August '95), though it was definitely not owned by any chain at that time. If it is the same place, it's probably about 20 pts on your scale. I've never stayed at either the Hillside or hte Statler, but I did live next to the Hillside for a year and could see inside their windows. Anyway, the place my parents and I stayed at had just barely enough room to walk around the end of the bed to get to the bathroom, the tv was hanging over the end of the bed from the ceiling and had a lovely green tint to it (think of a black and white tv in green instead), and the bathroom had just a small shower stall, no tub. Of course, for all I know, Embassy took it over, gutted it, and made it into a 5 star establishment. :-D

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 11, 2006 07:03AM

Dianne 99
Anyway, the place my parents and I stayed at had just barely enough room to walk around the end of the bed to get to the bathroom, the tv was hanging over the end of the bed from the ceiling and had a lovely green tint to it (think of a black and white tv in green instead), and the bathroom had just a small shower stall, no tub.

Sounds a lot like the Hillside to me. ;-)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: A (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 26, 2006 08:24PM

When I was getting ready to start my freshman year (Fall '03), this was the first hotel my mom called up to try to book. After talking to the staff, she politely made some excuse and hung up. She told me, "The staff all sounded desi (Indian), and so it's probably a shoddy motel."

We drove past the place during that visit to Ithaca, and the exterior seemed to confirm her suspicion.

Racial profiling - it's okay when it's your own race! [But I'm staying anonymous to protect mom's identity.]

Posted by: 02 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2006 02:11PM

A
She told me, "The staff all sounded desi (Indian), and so it's probably a shoddy motel."

We drove past the place during that visit to Ithaca, and the exterior seemed to confirm her suspicion.

Racial profiling - it's okay when it's your own race! [But I'm staying anonymous to protect mom's identity.]

The staff "sounded" Desi? Your mother couldn't tell if they were S. Asian?
And no, it is not racial profiling. It is stereotyping, in a very negative and harmful way regardless of whether you or your ancestors are Indian. Can we please try to keep racial and ethnic comments (especially the negative kind ) off this forum for all of our sakes? Thanks in advance.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: September 07, 2006 02:42PM

"Everyone's a little bit racist
It's true.
But everyone is just about
As racist as you!
If we all could just admit
That we are racist a little bit,
And everyone stopped being
So PC
Maybe we could live in -
Harmony."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: September 21, 2006 03:37PM

Hey now, the Hillside is NOT a dump!

Well, ok, but it's a cheap and conveniently located dump, and that's gotta be worth something.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login