Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

CNNSI On Campus Article - The Line Dance

Posted by sockralex 
CNNSI On Campus Article - The Line Dance
Posted by: sockralex (---.travelers.com)
Date: October 23, 2006 05:28PM

Not sure if anyone has posted about this already but CNNSI had this in their Campus Corner today. Looks like a repost of an earlier Sun article.

[sportsillustrated.cnn.com]

Re: CNNSI On Campus Article - The Line Dance
Posted by: ftyuv (---.bstnma.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 23, 2006 07:57PM

"I'm from the Midwest, and the only hockey out there is roller hockey," Ballentine said.

Um... what?

Posted by: ebilmes (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 23, 2006 08:09PM

For Baum, and everyone else in line, the wait will always be worthwhile, all for a chance to be in Section B.

A lot of tickets went in A, D, and even G before B was filled. I was shocked that the top few rows of B were still available when our line numbers came up. I think a lot of freshmen were thrown off by the seating diagrams and, not realizing that the top rows of the sections still provide good views of the ice, opted for "closer" seats in the other sections instead of B seats.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: October 23, 2006 08:18PM

ftyuv

"I'm from the Midwest, and the only hockey out there is roller hockey," Ballentine said.

Um... what?

Just a bunch of no-name states. Minne-something, Wis-something. Doubt they know much about hockey.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 23, 2006 08:44PM

French Rage
ftyuv

Um... what?

Just a bunch of no-name states. Minne-something, Wis-something. Doubt they know much about hockey.

He is probably from Indiana or Illnois, a.k.a. "Hockey Hell". help

I'm not sure if Hoosiers actually consider Minnesota and Wisconsin as part of the Midwest. I will have to ask.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: October 23, 2006 09:08PM

the best seats are in the top rows... in a rink as small as lynah, the higher the better, especially with the angle of the seats, you are so close even when you are seated in the top row.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 23, 2006 09:13PM

Dpperk29
the best seats are in the top rows... in a rink as small as lynah, the higher the better, especially with the angle of the seats, you are so close even when you are seated in the top row.

In four years in B, I've been towards the top, towards the bottom and in the middle. Far and away the best place to sit in terms of experience and atmosphere is smack dab in the middle.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: October 23, 2006 09:21PM

oh yeah, I forgot... you students go for both the hockey and the atmosphere...

Date: October 23, 2006 09:30PM

Dpperk29
oh yeah, I forgot... you students go for both the hockey and the atmosphere...

Yeah, and in that order.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 23, 2006 09:31PM

Dpperk29

I agree, otherwise you have a much more limited view of the corners. Ideally I wouldn't stand below the 8th row at Lynah. For away games, if the ticket office doesn't have a seating chart I ask for seats in one of the last few rows.

Posted by: ORgrad (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 23, 2006 09:46PM

ebilmes
not realizing that the top rows of the sections still provide good views of the ice

This USED to be true. I sat in B row 12 a couple of years ago but with the addition of the new rows I can say that Section B, row 17 (and probably rows 15 & 16) stinks. The slope of the rows is much less in the new rows than it is for the existing rows. As a result there are heads blocking the first 4-6 feet of ice on the near boards (we couldn't see the ref when he was down on Saturday night). Besides, if you're over 5' tall, you can't actually stand on the bench if you happen to have seats right where the beams are (check it out next game)!

Looks like Athletics did their usual thorough job with (the approving of) the new design for Lynah.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 23, 2006 10:49PM

ORgrad
ebilmes
not realizing that the top rows of the sections still provide good views of the ice

This USED to be true. I sat in B row 12 a couple of years ago but with the addition of the new rows I can say that Section B, row 17 (and probably rows 15 & 16) stinks. The slope of the rows is much less in the new rows than it is for the existing rows. As a result there are heads blocking the first 4-6 feet of ice on the near boards (we couldn't see the ref when he was down on Saturday night). Besides, if you're over 5' tall, you can't actually stand on the bench if you happen to have seats right where the beams are (check it out next game)!

Looks like Athletics did their usual thorough job with (the approving of) the new design for Lynah.

Seriously...it's only a matter of time that the rafter in D will be covered with about 2 feet of liability-free foam.

Also, way to even think one femtosecond about the band. No, those tubas won't need to actually take up any vertical space. Symmetry be damned, they could've made the band feel like they *belonged* somewhere for once.

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 23, 2006 10:59PM

calgARI '07
Dpperk29

In four years in B, I've been towards the top, towards the bottom and in the middle. Far and away the best place to sit in terms of experience and atmosphere is smack dab in the middle.

Is that why B, 8, 9 has been named "in your honor"?
[lynahrink.com]

Date: October 23, 2006 11:01PM

Chris '03
calgARI '07
Dpperk29

[lynahrink.com]

Is what why it has been named in my honor?

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 12:03AM

Rita
French Rage
ftyuv

Um... what?

He is probably from Indiana or Illnois, a.k.a. "Hockey Hell". help

I'm not sure if Hoosiers actually consider Minnesota and Wisconsin as part of the Midwest. I will have to ask.
Michi-something... Not that polls count, but there's a school in South Bend that's ranked higher than Cornell at the moment. Illinois is college hockey hell, but it's also where Topher Scott and Stephen Bâby grew up and learned to play.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 24, 2006 01:15AM

Chris '03
calgARI '07
Dpperk29

[lynahrink.com]

Heh...they have the seating diagram charts messed up on the "name a seat" thingy. Seat numbers increase from L to R from fans' perspectives, not the players'.

Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 24, 2006 01:25AM

Did anyone else notice the seat on row two, all the way on the C side?

Hehehe. Some moneyed alum with a sense of humor....

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 02:22AM

calgARI '07
Dpperk29

But section B, row 7, seat 1 is the money seat!

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 02:23AM

Are the names on the actual seats or just online?

Posted by: ORgrad (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 08:20AM

RichH
Also, way to even think one femtosecond about the band. No, those tubas won't need to actually take up any vertical space. Symmetry be damned, they could've made the band feel like they *belonged* somewhere for once.

Yes, the band was really forgotten about in this addition. It pained me to look over there and see them cramped both against the wall and the ceiling. On the other hand, it's fun to watch those brass instruments blast the foam off the roof and it rain onto their old seats in A. :-)

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: October 24, 2006 10:18AM

BMac
Did anyone else notice the seat on row two, all the way on the C side?

Hehehe. Some moneyed alum with a sense of humor....

Waiting....

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.201.---)
Date: October 24, 2006 10:57AM

...BEND OVER!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 11:45AM

If I had money to burn, I'd name a seat "In honor of J.R. Prestifilippo, whose NCAA career ended here".

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: October 24, 2006 12:21PM

I wonder what it would take to have athletics paint that in the west crease.

Posted by: peterg (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 24, 2006 10:27PM

Josh '99
If I had money to burn, I'd name a seat "In honor of J.R. Prestifilippo, whose NCAA career ended here".

I would pick Randy Wilson.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: October 25, 2006 06:51AM

peterg
Josh '99

Bill Cleary.

Although if we could buy seats in the 1980 Olympic Arena in Lake Placid, I wouldn't mind dedicating one to Tripp Tracy.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: October 25, 2006 05:42PM

peterg
Josh '99

I love it.

"We got it! We got it!"
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2006 06:16PM by Jeff Hopkins '82.

Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 25, 2006 07:33PM

French Rage
calgARI '07
Dpperk29

Agreed, thats my seat this year!

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: October 25, 2006 08:57PM

Doug '08
French Rage
calgARI '07
Dpperk29

Agreed, thats my seat this year!

Make me proud, son.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login