Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

is there All access for hockey this year?

Posted by upperdeck 
is there All access for hockey this year?
Posted by: upperdeck (---.fcsnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 13, 2006 12:20PM

i dont see any pay service on the bigred site and the free all-access site doesnt list any hockey games? has anyone heard what is up with the access this year?

Re: is there All access for hockey this year?
Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: October 13, 2006 01:13PM

According to a Cornell Athletic's press release, there will be. But I'm guessing they haven't gotten the schedule up yet, and it's really too much to ask---too much of a burden, and clearly not a good candidate for a debugging run prior to the actual season opener---that they broadcast tonight's Red & White game.

rolleyes

Let's go Red! Let's go White! But don't beat on each other too hard.

Cheers,
Kyle

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.cecomet.net)
Date: October 13, 2006 03:50PM

There wasn't last year, so I wouldn't expect any this year uhoh

Date: October 17, 2006 11:33AM

I have emailed the ath office several times.. no response as usual.. still wondering when the actual all access season is starting?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 18, 2006 08:09PM

I doubt that the York game is even broadcast. You might try calling the radio station. If they are not doing it, there won't be any All Access.

Posted by: Rita (---.72-81-b.business.telecomitalia.it)
Date: October 19, 2006 04:43PM

Has anyone gotten "All"-Access to work for football yet? I will not be able to try on Saturday. I have not signed up yet; I am awaiting confirmation from an "e-lynah guinea pig" that the live and archive service do indeed work.

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 19, 2006 11:21PM

there will no game this weekend... they will start after that..

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: October 20, 2006 11:49AM

Any chance of just getting radio tonight?

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: October 20, 2006 02:17PM

All Access works on one of my two PCs. The one that doesn't work used to work fine with last year's All Access. I've called them twice but they have not yet resolved the problem on that PC and I've pretty much have resigned myself to it not working there even though that is my preferred PC for watching the games. Also, the current interface prevents you from watching full screen, which is annoying but I believe they are working on changing that. I was able to access an archived football game on the PC that does work with All Access.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: October 20, 2006 02:49PM

JasonN95
All Access works on one of my two PCs. The one that doesn't work used to work fine with last year's All Access. I've called them twice but they have not yet resolved the problem on that PC and I've pretty much have resigned myself to it not working there even though that is my preferred PC for watching the games. Also, the current interface prevents you from watching full screen, which is annoying but I believe they are working on changing that. I was able to access an archived football game on the PC that does work with All Access.
IIRC, A-A now requires 512M RAM. My old computer (346M) couldn't run it -- not even audio only. My new one (512M) can, although I was not able to get the Colgate game.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 20, 2006 04:35PM

Jacob '06
Any chance of just getting radio tonight?
You can probably get radio, but since the game is tomorrow, well...

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: October 21, 2006 01:03PM

Cornell All-Access is listing the game as available tonight (audio only) at 6:30 pregame.

Posted by: schoaff (---.endlessloopsoftware.com)
Date: October 21, 2006 01:50PM

In fact all the hockey games are listed as audio only.

Posted by: underskill (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2006 02:10PM

Is it compatible with the new IE? i get a message saying I need IE 6 for it to work

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 21, 2006 09:31PM

I get a black blank screen on Firefox and on IE it keeps saying it is bringing up the interface but it never does. Anyone else get this problem?

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: jaybert (---.dllstx.fios.verizon.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 12:16PM

signed up for all-access...decided to go w/ the $6.95/month instead of annually. Should come out a few dollars cheaper in the end (and I can ditch the service if quality is really bad).

So...for all access, is it possible to watch it in a standalone media player window? Or do I have to deal with this huge webpage that all access provides w/ the embedded video? I like to do other things while watching (or make it full screen if I choose)

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 12:30PM

Is there any way to find out whether or not I'm all set? I used my password updated to log in, but I can't access any archived content. Does that mean my subscription is expired or just that I don't have access to that particular content?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Posted by: oceanst41 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 01:01PM

Well I signed up yesterday and I was able to watch the football video from homecoming weekend this afternoon.

Edit: I also found out by accident that double clicking on the video gives you full screen
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 01:05PM by oceanst41.

Date: October 26, 2006 01:06PM

oceanst41
Well I signed up yesterday and I was able to watch the football video from homecoming weekend this afternoon.

Edit: I also found out by accident that double clicking on the video gives you full screen

nice! thanks for the tip

Posted by: dsk1 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 05:19PM

How much extra content does the $99 All Access provide for hockey. Are there other schools that broadcast video through All Access so you can watch games not otherwise availalbe on video (most importantly, schools Cornell will play this year).

Date: October 26, 2006 06:45PM

so much for all access working...RM game said it was live, so i watched that stupid tundra commercial that goes on before...30 seconds later i get a screen saying that the game hasnt begun yet and to try back later (even though it states pregame starting @ 6:30)

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 06:46PM

I'm glad someone else had that problem too. I like confirmation. For what its worth, I don't hear audio either.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.ashbva.adelphia.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 06:54PM

Neither yet. 7 minutes to go. The audio for the football kicked in about 5 minutes after game time last Saturday.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 06:58PM

video on!

video working. whats going on in section O? There is nooobodddy there. am i missing something?

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)

anyway to make the video fullscreen?

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 06:59PM

crodger1
Is there any way to find out whether or not I'm all set? I used my password updated to log in, but I can't access any archived content. Does that mean my subscription is expired or just that I don't have access to that particular content?

Thanks for any help!

Chris

Chris, here's how you tell:

If you click on Live Game, but get only gibberish, it means you're signed up and it's not working right.

If you click on Live Game, but get nothing or gibberish, it means you're not signed up.

Hope that helps.

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 06:59PM

DisplacedCornellian
double click

Date: October 26, 2006 07:00PM

jkahn
DisplacedCornellian
double click

that doesn't seem to work for me. Bleh.

Posted by: crodger1 (---.abtassoc.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 07:07PM

That sounds like the Some Access of years past. Turns out that even if you have an account and can log in, that doesn't mean that you are in good standing (and there appears to be no way to find out your account status online). I did call, however, and they fixed the problem pretty quickly (old credit card info).

LGR!

Date: October 26, 2006 07:08PM

so it sounds like some are getting in? i got in fine today to test it out, but not just a dark screen...

Date: October 26, 2006 07:12PM

just loaded it on my laptop,got a blank screen after the commercial for almost a minute before the game popped up.

Date: October 26, 2006 07:16PM

i just get the screen that goes slighlty gray/black and then just sits there..

pretty crappy interface.. you cant even tell if its doing anything..

Date: October 26, 2006 07:24PM

CSTV says no problem there, also said my account is fine and logged in OK.. hmm..

Posted by: pfibiger (---.br1.glv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 07:43PM

after 20-30 unhelpful minutes on the phone with Jason from CSTV, he eventually gave me a 2 week trial of All-Access XXL cause they couldn't get Cornell All-Access to work. I can get the audio feed fine, but when I try to get the video feed it plays the commercial, goes blank for maybe 45 seconds, and then gives me a brief blip that says 'this feed has not yet started'..and then that's it.

Date: October 26, 2006 07:45PM

i cant get either feed to work.. today i got the ad and then the page saying it wasnt started yet.. tonight nothing. i dont even get the ad to showup..

Date: October 26, 2006 07:50PM

This service is craptacular, as per usual.

Posted by: Tom14850 (---.med.buffalo.edu)
Date: October 26, 2006 07:58PM

AHH... Tell them to stop with the close-angle shots!! I'm getting sick.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.sw.biz.rr.com)
Date: October 26, 2006 08:03PM

I've been poking around the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find where or how I sign up or how much it is.

Is "XXL" the new "All-Access"? For $99? Because that's all I can find.

Any help appreciated here...

Posted by: pfibiger (---.br1.glv.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 08:04PM

Jordan,

I was unable to find anything on the site. I had to call the help # (in the faq) and they took care of me there.

Date: October 26, 2006 08:05PM

Jordan 04
I've been poking around the site for like 10 minutes now and can't find where or how I sign up or how much it is.

assuming you only care about watching cornell, you just need the $49.99 one. I went w/ the $6.95/month, and cancel in March or whenever...comes out a little cheaper by a few $

The $99 package just lets you watch games from other schools if you're interested.

Date: October 26, 2006 08:31PM

or no games at all if this keeps up.. a well spent 6.95 this week..

Posted by: jkahn (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 08:38PM

strangely, my pictures been fine but I've lost the announcers, only crowd sound

edit: sound now okay

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2006 08:39PM by jkahn.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: October 26, 2006 08:47PM

They really need to use a wider angle shot and pan slowly instead of jerking the camera all over the place.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: October 26, 2006 08:48PM

Older alumni dislike change. (Say change from Republicans in the White House. Or Americans running the Panama Canal.) Thus it's nice to say constancies like All-Access not working well. Rah, rah, tradition.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: October 27, 2006 08:31AM

jaybert
Jordan 04

assuming you only care about watching cornell, you just need the $49.99 one. I went w/ the $6.95/month, and cancel in March or whenever...comes out a little cheaper by a few $

The $99 package just lets you watch games from other schools if you're interested.

Well I'm glad someone else spent the better part of 10 minutes looking for the page for entering your credit card number for crappy service. I too opted for the monthly subscription.

Question: Who among the faithful watched on a Mac running boot camp? The reason why I ask is that I had trouble with my internet connection that was mostly down and out from 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm and I'm trying to tease out what problems were due to poor internet service and which are due to CSTV. It was the first time I tried to watch anything on the Mac with boot camp and there were messages about downloading the new flash player. I do not know if I needed to do that because in the 10 minutes of lucidity that I had (5 min in the first period and 5 min at the end of the 3rd), the picture came through ok, so I think the appropriate software is already installed (it is a brand new macbook, and I didn't do any software installs/downloads on the windows side). Those darn Toyota ads play just fine cuss, so I think I have all the appropriate plug-ins.

I already gave my internet provider an earful (and then some). I was very ticked off I did not have access to this game. However, I was so angry that I did have a very good workout while the internet was down; a small consolation.

Date: October 27, 2006 03:27PM

this came to me about 2 hrs after the game was over

We apologize for the inconvenience.
In your Internet Explorer browser, go to Tools, then Internet Options. In the General Tab click Delete all Files, then click Delete all Offline Files.
This should enable you to view the game. Should you have additional problems, please contact customer support at 888-870-CSTV.

CSTV Customer Support

Want Cornell sports? Block Windows Updates
Posted by: Chris '03 (---.hsd1.ct.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 12:33AM

Fresh in my inbox:

College Sports Fan -

On November 1, 2006, Microsoft will automatically deploy its latest browser release, Internet Explorer 7.0, via auto-updates to its customer base. All-Access currently runs on Internet Explorer 6.0. This means that your All-Access service will not work if you update your browser to IE 7.0. CSTV remains committed to supporting the latest and greatest technologies. By late November 2006, our products will fully support IE 7.0.

In the interim, we recommend All-Access customers block the IE 7.0 auto update and remain on IE 6.0 to continue enjoying All-Access.

Blocking IE 7.0 Auto Update:

Go to the following link to download and run the blocker toolkit.

We will contact you shortly when All-Access is compatible with IE 7.0 and provide instructions on how to upgrade to the new browser.

Thank you,

The All-Access Support Team
All-Access: Official Partner of CSTV.com

we remain committed to the latest and greatest technology my ass...

Re: Want Cornell sports? Block Windows Updates
Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 02:44AM

This means that your All-Access service will not work if you update your browser to IE 7.0. CSTV remains committed to supporting the latest and greatest technologies. By late November 2006, our products will fully support IE 7.0.

Seriously... Do you realize how long ago we were able to listen to live webcasts of hockey games? We're talking circa 1996 technology here. We're being forced into a "service" that can't handle technology that had been perfected on a *cross-platform* basis an entire decade ago.

Forget other platforms, applications, and operating systems...we can't even experience a PAID service on a differnt version of a specific application!!!!

ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!

We really shouldn't be so apathetic about something so ridiculously non-customer friendly of something SO incredibly simple to implement technologically!

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.cubley.clarkson.edu)
Date: November 01, 2006 08:18AM

simple solution... don't pay for it then.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 09:29AM

Dpperk29

I have wondered what would happen if everyone canceled on the same day. I have never subscribed mainly because of the descriptions here.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 09:50AM

Dpperk29

I'm not, but that's my reason for posting. "Don't pay for it" ISN'T a simple solution, or a solution at all; it isn't solving anything, which is my point. It's going to take more than inaction and "not paying for it" from one or many people to get this changed. Athletics can just sit back and say "well, we offered it." There's a need to actively communicate that what they are offering us is no longer acceptable.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2006 10:03AM by RichH.

Posted by: kaelistus (---.mak.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 09:56AM

Yup.. It sucks that I can't watch. But All-Access just isn't worth it.

I especially love their monthly fee where they don't have an option to not renew and make it really hard to cancel.

Date: November 01, 2006 10:01AM

why would anyone complain about them not supporting ie7.. anyone on the cornell campus that is not blocking IE7 is in for a world of hurt.. almost every major application running on campus doesnt work with ie7 at this time so its great if CSTV wants to have it working by nov but that puts them ahead of the curve not behind..

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 10:53AM

RichH
Dpperk29

I'm not, but that's my reason for posting. "Don't pay for it" ISN'T a simple solution, or a solution at all; it isn't solving anything, which is my point. It's going to take more than inaction and "not paying for it" from one or many people to get this changed. Athletics can just sit back and say "well, we offered it." There's a need to actively communicate that what they are offering us is no longer acceptable.

Then All-Access subscribers need to organize themselves and start a movement to let Athletics and CSTV know just how frustrated you are. Write letters. Have everyone call Andy Novel on the same day. Or do something better than either of those ideas. When messages start swarming in, they'll have to take notice and really address the problem. If they don't, THEN you should cancel your subscriptions, since you're obviously not getting what you paid for.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 11:34AM

Am I the only person that has never had any major issues with All-Access?

Granted, I haven't yet paid for this year's version, so maybe I'm in for a surprise...

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 11:38AM

Jordan 04
Am I the only person that has never had any major issues with All-Access?

Granted, I haven't yet paid for this year's version, so maybe I'm in for a surprise...
Well, I've never had any issues with All Access either. But then again, I refuse to give those morons a single cent so that may be the reason why...

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:02PM

Well by all of the posting I read here on eLynah, I'm one person who has held back their $$$ for signing up for this service. I think if the weekly complaints went away, I'd be more interested. Word of mouth counts for something.

Posted by: ugarte (38.136.14.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:05PM

Chris 02
Well by all of the posting I read here on eLynah, I'm one person who has held back their $$$ for signing up for this service. I think if the weekly complaints went away, I'd be more interested. Word of mouth counts for something.
Second.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:11PM

Actually, the computer tech staff in my department has blocked the IE7 update due to security issues with the browser. I hope CSTV will continue to offer the games on IE6 even after they figure out how to support IE7.

I was debating on whether to get "Some-Access", and decided to get it. The service frustrates me, however, I know there are worse ways to blow $6.95/month. I like having access to the archived games, especially when I am traveling and cannot listen to the live feed.

Did anyone else contact athletics about CSTV dropping Saturday's video feed? I sent an email, but have yet to hear back from them (yeah, surprise, surprise).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2006 01:12PM by Rita.

Posted by: redice (---.usadatanet.net)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:12PM

ugarte
Chris 02
Second.

Third!!
Does anyone know if All-Access is making podcasts available? As someone who cannot get adequate bandwidth to support streaming video, I would pay the money to All-Access just to get the podcasts. I've written & told them that podcasts is what it will take to get my business. That still stands.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:29PM

I feel blessed to be able to travel to see most of the games, but at 11 hours of driving per home weekend plus lodging expenses, I appreciate that most people even at a similar distance wouldn't be able to do the same.

I'm sick and tired of their excuses: functionality last year was acceptable for me, but this year it has gotten strictly worse and for no good reason that I can tell: it's not like reliability went up in exchange for having to boot into Windows to see the games.

I've bitched in vain to CSTV already, and I'll bitch to Cornell next time I'm on campus. I still know a few people who might be able to do something if they knew about the problem (which they probably don't, because I imagine most of the mails to the AD go to /dev/null, not to University Relations). But then I think: is it possible they still don't know that this is hurting them in the donations dept.?

Kyle

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:31PM

Rita
I know there are worse ways to blow $6.95/month.

Throwing it out of a moving car? Count me in the group that was scared off by the glowing reviews here. I'll settle for opponents free audio and going to games when possible. Absent that, reading the updates here will have to do.

How to Complain About All-Access
Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: November 01, 2006 01:56PM

krose
I've bitched in vain to CSTV already, and I'll bitch to Cornell next time I'm on campus. I still know a few people who might be able to do something if they knew about the problem (which they probably don't, because I imagine most of the mails to the AD go to /dev/null, not to University Relations). But then I think: is it possible they still don't know that this is hurting them in the donations dept.?

Not to pick on you in particular, but I often wonder why people think that if they send their letters to one person, everyone else who they think should be aware of the issue will have it forwarded to them. In a perfect world, maybe, but this ain't one. So if you know a few people who might be able to do something if they knew about the problem, send your letters to those people. Include the AD as a CC. And if you really want the university to know that it's hurting them in the donations department (they're gonna kill me, I know it), include John Webster in Athletics AA&D, Laurie Robinson in central AA&D, and Mary Berens in Alumni House.

What You Should Not Do is "threaten" to withhold donations unless they solve the problems about which you're writing to them - even if you will. In fact it's generally ill-advised even to explain that you have already decreased your level and frequency of giving because of your frustration with something - even if you have. You should probably also not mention the HockeyCam controversy, because then it may look to the administration like Age or John put you up to it, even if nothing could be further from the truth.

Make your letter as brief as possible, explaining that the service was already bad and unreliable last year, has gotten more expensive and yet less reliable and worse this year, and this frustrates you as an alumnus who simply wants to stay connected to the university as much as possible through this experience that you love so much.

Not in those words, of course.

Cornell just announced a $4 billion dollar capital fundraising campaign. Not that they don't consider every gift important - believe me, they do - but if you threaten to withhold future gifts and you've given $25 once every two or three years since graduating ten years ago, they're going to put you in the crank file. They have bigger fish to fry, and they get threats to withhold donations all the time - including matching threats from people on opposite sides of one issue, which are about as useless as you might imagine.

(Believe it or not, there are alumni who make such threats despite having never made a gift to Cornell. Guess how seriously they get taken?)

But if enough people write thoughtful letters to the right people explaining how frustrating it is for devoted Cornellians such as themselves to find themselves locked out of one of their favorite Cornell-related experiences, which is their one cherished opportunity to reconnect with their beloved alma mater from hundreds and thousands of miles away, and it's wrong that they be asked to spend more money on lesser services, and the service provider seems completely unfeeling and unresponsive to their complaints, and they fervently hope that something can be done about it, we might actually see some movement.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2006 01:56PM by Beeeej.

Re: How to Complain About All-Access
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: November 01, 2006 02:53PM

Beeeej
Cornell just announced a $4 billion dollar capital fundraising campaign. Not that they don't consider every gift important - believe me, they do - but if you threaten to withhold future gifts and you've given $25 once every two or three years since graduating ten years ago, they're going to put you in the crank file. They have bigger fish to fry
Beeeej is right, of course. But if you happen to be or know someone who has already committed an eight figure gift to the University then you might get some traction. Anyone know if Mr. Gates is a hockey fan?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: November 04, 2006 11:11AM

Wow, it gets even worse. The application to block IE7 install is only available if you're running Windows "Genuine Advantage" spyware.
rolleyessmashfreakfight

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rita (---.ind.choiceone.net)
Date: November 04, 2006 11:52AM

jtwcornell91
Wow, it gets even worse. The application to block IE7 install is only available if you're running Windows "Genuine Advantage" spyware.
rolleyessmashfreakfight

Can you set your system preferences to "manually or custom" install software? The computer guru at work did that to the windows side of my macbook. Thus I now get a notice that software updates are available and I have to check the one that I want to install.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login