Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Semi OT: Yale Hockey/Football players get in fight

Posted by Doug '08 
Semi OT: Yale Hockey/Football players get in fight
Posted by: Doug '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: October 05, 2006 03:08PM

I saw Alec Richards was involved...

[sports.espn.go.com]

Re: Semi OT: Yale Hockey/Football players get in fight
Posted by: redhair34 (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: October 05, 2006 03:11PM

Doug '08

[sports.espn.go.com]

...and Brad Mills. It would be a shame if Yale's two best players (arguably) aren't able to suit up when we play them early this November.:-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2006 03:12PM by redhair34.

Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: October 05, 2006 03:12PM

Brawling outside of a place called "Gourmet Heaven." Way to be edgy, guys. Good to see they didn't violate the mincing, uppercrust Ivy League stereotype with this scrap.

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 04:21PM

Please, it was a bit of a row, not a scrap. A scrap is something a low class Brown student would get into.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 05:23PM

Ben Rocky 04
Please, it was a bit of a row, not a scrap. A scrap is something a low class Brown student would get into.
And the proper adjective to describe Brown students is "dirty hippie", not "low class".

Posted by: daredevilcu (---.riverside.clarkson.edu)
Date: October 05, 2006 06:38PM

This coming from someone who goes to school in Ithaca? 10 square miles of liberal surrounded by the real world? :-P

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 06:47PM

Ivy League Mornings:
Princeton: yawn, feel like a geek, dress the part
Penn: give Bob the Bum a dime, check on transfer papers.
Brown: smoke breakfast, say prayer for no grade system
Columbia: deep breath of smog, take taxi to class
Dartmouth: gargle moonshine, chop wood for heating
Yale: floss, snort coke, come out of closet
Harvard: wake up, bathe in glow of undeserved rep
Cornell: wake up, sober up, cry

I stand by JMH30.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 06:50PM

daredevilcu
This coming from someone who goes to school in Ithaca? 10 square miles of liberal surrounded by the real world? :-P

What's around Ithaca is the real world? Um... no. (Which isn't to say that Ithaca is either)

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 06:59PM

daredevilcu

Ah, that's the stereotype of the *townies* not the students. The opposite is the stereotype of Brown students & Providence.

C'mon dearedevil, I'm pretty sure Clarksonians have their Ivy League jokes straight by now.

[www.chainletters.net]
[www.ahajokes.com]
[www.huumor.com]

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 05, 2006 10:05PM

daredevilcu
Gee, I thought that was Austin, or was it Ann Arbor, or any one of a number of "fine institutions of higher learning"? What happened to Potsdam?:-D
-

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: October 05, 2006 11:08PM

This is over eight years old and won't appeal to everybody, but I thought I'd share it. I was helped in composing it by my friend Andy, who still to this day (despite not being a Cornellian) accompanies me to Lynah East every season.

How Different Colleges Shoot Themselves in the Foot

Harvard: It shoots itself in the foot, but since the Medical School and other departments have their own feet, nobody takes care of it, and it bleeds to death.

Yale: Feet? How gauche. We've been shooting ourselves in the knee since long before Harvard started shooting themselves in the foot.

Cornell: It shoots itself in the foot, amputates the foot, sticks it atop the spire on McGraw Tower, and places a webcam near it.

Dartmouth: It shoots itself in the foot, but the bullet bounces off the kevlar shell of the hiking boot and lodges itself in one of the walls of Rollins Chapel.

University of Pennsylvania: It shoots itself in the foot, then writes dozens of angry letters to the Daily Sun about those idiots from Cornell who supplied the bullets.

Princeton: It shoots itself in the foot with an original, platinum-plated Colt 1840 with mother-of-pearl handles and silver bullets, then complains to its alumni that it really could use a better selection of firearms.

Brown: It opens a meaningful dialogue with its foot, a pistol, and a bow and arrow, and discusses the oppression of appendages.

Columbia: After it keeps missing its foot, it petitions the Ivy League for permission to buy laser-sights, then continues to miss its foot.

MIT: It designs an automatic, perpetual foot-shooting device powered by stale oatmeal, and stages a demonstration of the device during a Notre Dame football game.

Stanford: It tattoos itself in the foot, then decides to go ahead and pierce it, too.

Univ. of Chicago: It sets up a foot-shooting staging area in the squash courts beneath the stadium, gathers Nobel foot-shooting laureates and press junkets near, performs the act, and writes about itself in "Nature."

UC-Berkeley: It has its intellectual property people write up white papers about just what shooting itself in the foot would mean for society, promptly announces a foot-shooting protocol that the community should adopt, receives a huge federal grant to study the environmental and social effects of such a foot-shooting, and then holds campus protests about the inhumanity of it all.

UNC-Chapel Hill: Shoots 76% in the foot from the 3-point line.

Duke: Opens a multimillion-dollar podiatric wing at the medical center, then passes a university by-law making any foot-desecrating act illegal.

Harvey Mudd College: Re-invents the foot.

Carnegie-Mellon: Severs the foot at the ankle, places the foot several miles off-campus, runs gigabit ethernet to it, and successfully 'pings' it.

Antioch College: Introduces new, student-drafted harrassment policy that requires individual and specific permission from the gun, the bullet, the chamber, the hammer, the trigger, and the foot before proceeding with anything that could be perceived as non-consensual shooting.

University of Minnesota: Despite increasingly poor accuracy, insists on shooting itself in the foot only with guns manufactured in Minnesota.

Georgetown: Invites President Clinton to give a speech about his plans for a tax credit for foot-shooters.

Emory: Squirts itself in the foot with Coca-Cola from a water pistol, then emphasizes how the carbonation is really just as good as the gunpowder the Ivy League uses.

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Dpperk29 (128.153.201.---)
Date: October 05, 2006 11:33PM

daredevilcu

I believe the true quote is "Ithaca, NY: 10 square miles surrounded by reality"

but I would have to go outside and look at my car to be sure

Posted by: French Rage (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: October 05, 2006 11:36PM

Beeeej
Stanford: It tattoos itself in the foot, then decides to go ahead and pierce it, too.

That's Berkeley. Stanford students have something to actually contribute to society.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: October 06, 2006 01:15AM

Well, I'm saying that as an Ithaca area local, not a Clarkson student. It's a running joke around the area, you can even find it on bumper stickers in the city.

Date: October 06, 2006 01:16AM

Believe me, I know the real quote, dpperk. I improvised to try to be at least a little original. :)

Date: October 06, 2006 08:13AM

I know... I was just making sure all the denying ithacans saw the right thing...

Date: October 06, 2006 06:00PM

Dpperk29
I know... I was just making sure all the denying ithacans saw the right thing...
I didn't see any denying Ithacans. (note the capital):-)
-

Date: October 06, 2006 09:25PM

the internet is no place for propper spellling and puncuation... besides... I'm an Engineer

Date: October 07, 2006 10:32AM

Dpperk29
the internet is no place for propper spellling and puncuation... besides... I'm an Engineer
Well, join the group. The only difference is that I'm a different CU engineering school grad.;-) And, no I don't do caps,etc. when I do a Google search, but believe when something is written to be read by humans, if you consider posters here human, it's considerate to others to use the best grammar we can. Sorry jy3:-)
-

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: October 16, 2006 05:41PM

Doug '08

[sports.espn.go.com]

Resolution: all get off scot free.

[www.nhregister.com]

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2006 07:22PM

Another article:

[www.yaledailynews.com]

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 16, 2006 09:45PM

marty
Another article:

[www.yaledailynews.com]
I wonder who--if anyone--is paying for the $3,500 in damages.

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: October 16, 2006 11:30PM

[Q] In addition to the arrests being removed from their records, Polhemus said, those involved were not fined and did not need to pay Gourmet Heaven for the property damage caused by the fight. [/Q] yark

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: October 17, 2006 09:23AM

nr53
[Q] In addition to the arrests being removed from their records, Polhemus said, those involved were not fined and did not need to pay Gourmet Heaven for the property damage caused by the fight. [/Q] yark
You took the vomit right out of my mouth. Er...

I like the way this would work under natural order: you or your security company simply detains the offender until they find some way to pay you. I'm sure Daddy Longpockets or his insurance company would have no problem paying for the damages to spring the kid. Problem solved.

Alas, we live in an unnatural order that provides extra privileges under law to celebrities and the rich.

Kyle

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: October 17, 2006 10:08AM

Well, at the very least, this gives us plenty of ammunition (for once) for the Yale games. Some sign ideas that spring to mind:

"Yale Hockey: Above the Law"
"Where's my $3500, Alec?"
"Yale Hockey: sponsored by Gormet Heaven and New Haven Superior Court"
"For Breach of Peace, For Criminal Mischief, For Yale!"
"Alec, Brad, & Matt: can you swear that you don't suck?"

and a chant:
"Gor-met Hea-ven!" clap clap clapclapclap
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2006 10:15AM by RichH.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 10:28AM

RichH
Well, at the very least, this gives us plenty of ammunition (for once) for the Yale games. Some sign ideas that spring to mind:

"Yale Hockey: Above the Law"
"Where's my $3500, Alec?"
"Yale Hockey: sponsored by Gormet Heaven and New Haven Superior Court"
"For Breach of Peace, For Criminal Mischief, For Yale!"
"Alec, Brad, & Matt: can you swear that you don't suck?"

and a chant:
"Gor-met Hea-ven!" clap clap clapclapclap
All great ideas. Sorry I'll be somewhere in the Atlantic when you're all at Ingalls.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: October 17, 2006 12:10PM

French Rage
Stanford students have something to actually contribute to society.

A scratch handicap and 3 years for securities fraud.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: October 17, 2006 12:19PM

Trotsky
French Rage
Stanford students have something to actually contribute to society.

A scratch handicap and 3 years for securities fraud.

It took you almost two weeks to come up with that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login