Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

price of tickets keep going up !!!!!

Posted by tvset 
price of tickets keep going up !!!!!
Posted by: tvset (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 13, 2006 09:33PM

Wow , We don't know where the games might be or if we'll be allowed IN the door ( because of size restraints ).

Why don't they just forget " SEASON TICKETS " until the next full Season ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Re: price of tickets keep going up !!!!!
Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-193-138.myvzw.com)
Date: August 13, 2006 10:09PM

tvset
Wow , We don't know where the games might be or if we'll be allowed IN the door ( because of size restraints ).

Why don't they just forget " SEASON TICKETS " until the next full Season ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Are you saying that the ticket prices are definitely increasing? I have to admit that administering a season ticket program, for any non-Lynah home games, will be interesting!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2006 10:10PM by redice.

Posted by: Oat (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: August 13, 2006 10:35PM

I will pay any amount to go to hockey games!

I'm sure a lot of other people have the same mentality!

Guys, what does that lead to? screwy

:-P

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 07:42AM

Oat

ruh oh...dont let Cornell hear you say that, or their motto of "If students are willing to pay it, we arent charging enough" mentality will take over.

Posted by: bloomicy (207.41.92.---)
Date: August 14, 2006 10:38AM

Too late.

$420 for section C including playoffs... season ticket holders pay a heck of a lot more than the per game price (looks like $21 per regular season game, versus $15 on the ticket). Obnoxious.

Dunno about other sections yet.

Posted by: Harrier (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: August 14, 2006 01:32PM

They should be increased to the current levels. I takes a lot of $$ and effort to get a program where Cornell's is. I bet almost any program in the country would gladly raise their ticket prices beyond the current Lynah increase if it helped to insure the type of success we all have enjoyed under Schafer's tenure.

Posted by: CUfan (---.nyroc.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2006 09:46AM

Oat

I like that. I will be buying my season tickets again this year, but with the value some place on them I may be posting them for the highest bidder.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (Moderator)
Date: August 15, 2006 10:04AM

CUfan
I like that. I will be buying my season tickets again this year, but with the value some place on them I may be posting them for the highest bidder.

Not here you won't: [elf.elynah.com]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: CUfan (---.nyroc.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2006 10:18AM

I am well aware of the policies and laws, however there are several options for "moving" CU Hockey tickets in this community.

Posted by: Oat (---.cha.bellsouth.net)
Date: August 15, 2006 11:20AM

If I get screwed in the hockey stampede system this year, I will pay my life (and more) to get into the games. :-( nut

..which is more likely to happen because I am a grad student now.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2006 11:21AM by Oat.

Posted by: RichS (12.162.105.---)
Date: August 15, 2006 03:46PM

Oat
If I get screwed in the hockey stampede system this year, I will pay my life (and more) to get into the games. :-( nut

..which is more likely to happen because I am a grad student now.

How much will you pay for a pair of seats in Section O for the Clarkson game at Lynah?

Please note: this is neither a solicitation nor an offer to sell, just wondering how you value your life? :-}

Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.tcsn.qwest.net)
Date: August 15, 2006 03:50PM

Clarkson fans don't scare me.

The most threatening opposing fans I've ever dealt with were 'gate fans....though my friend didn't help the situation when she accidentally decked one of them with her foam pointy finger.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.caltech.edu)
Date: August 15, 2006 04:26PM

Ben Rocky 04
Clarkson fans don't scare me.

The most threatening opposing fans I've ever dealt with were 'gate fans....though my friend didn't help the situation when she accidentally decked one of them with her foam pointy finger.

One of them stole my hat and then almost got tossed in the mud. They are thugs.

Date: August 15, 2006 04:37PM

Was that also at the 05-06 away game in Hamilton?

Date: August 15, 2006 04:45PM

Ben Rocky 04
Was that also at the 05-06 away game in Hamilton?

Yes

Posted by: Jerseygirl (209.191.246.---)
Date: August 15, 2006 05:04PM

Can you really get "decked" by a foam finger?

Yeah. Colgate. Thugs. I know others on eLF have had less than pleasant experiences with other schools, but Colgate fans are the only ones I've ever encountered who really take the taunting way too far -- as in, they don't drop the nonsense when you're like, "hey guys, I just hate you because you're cheering for the other team. We're cool once we get to the parking lot, ok?"

And UHN. But I stole their FF t-shirt and then outran them in high heels, so as far as I am concerned, they can go pound sand. Or mountain goats or whatever livestock they have up there.

Date: August 15, 2006 05:07PM

He got in her face after game, and she is a crazy Jersey girl so I think she attempted to prod him with the foam, but swung too close and ended up hitting him with her fist. He went down, his friends almost attacked her. Good times.

Date: August 15, 2006 05:10PM

Crazy Jersey girls...

On a sidenote, a bunch of guys going after a chick who accidentally smacked a dude who was getting in her face? Stay classy, Hamilton.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: August 15, 2006 05:36PM

Jacob '06

They also stole your sign, right?screwy

At last year's game as the students (animals) were filing out after the game, one of them hurled a full tube of toothpaste at me. Luckily it only hit me on my shoulder. Then some moron lunged at me, only to have some cop pull him back and drag him out. I hate to admit it, but without the boorish students and the constant threat of physical violence and projectiles, Colgate wouldn't be one of my favorite road trips (behind the North Country and maybe Harv/Dart).

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: August 15, 2006 06:24PM

redhair34
Jacob '06

They also stole your sign, right?screwy

At last year's game as the students (animals) were filing out after the game, one of them hurled a full tube of toothpaste at me. Luckily it only hit me on my shoulder. Then some moron lunged at me, only to have some cop pull him back and drag him out. I hate to admit it, but without the boorish students and the constant threat of physical violence and projectiles, Colgate wouldn't be one of my favorite road trips (behind the North Country and maybe Harv/Dart).

Hmm...Colgate students that have (Colgate?) toothpaste at a hockey game... the logic astounds me.

Posted by: French Rage (---.packetdesign.com)
Date: August 15, 2006 07:00PM

As much as we may argue with the Clarkson fans, at least they're there because they love their team and hockey and are cheering for their team. The Colgate fans come just to cause trouble and be assholes.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: August 15, 2006 07:19PM

French Rage
As much as we may argue with the Clarkson fans, at least they're there because they love their team and hockey and are cheering for their team. The Colgate fans come just to cause trouble and be assholes.

Or for free pizza!

Posted by: L-J (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 15, 2006 09:13PM

Regular seats $18 per game, up from $15 each last year, a 20% increase if I can divide correctly

20 games including ECAC playoff games $360,

17 games without ECAC playoff games $306

And this year there is a stronger warning of the 'you should really really order your tix with the playoffs included' in there. I don't really know why you wouldn't anyway.

Renewal deadline is Sept. 6th, ticket upgrade date is Sept. 19th.

Plus there's this gem:
"If some home games must be played at an alternate venue(s) it is possible that a portion of those games will not be included in your ticket package. A fair and random means of accomodating as many season ticket holders as possible at smaller venues has been developed. This process reduces the likelihood that a season ticket holder would miss more than one game. Cornell is optimistic that all games will be played at Lynah Rink as scheduled, where all of your tickets will be valid. Details of the contingency plan will be communicated, if necessary. Your cooperation and understanding is appreciated." help

L-J

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 15, 2006 10:38PM

French Rage

Hey Frenchy, As I have said before, "Come at me all night long, no worries, but when the game ends.... for crissake, let's have a beer and remember it's just a game". 2/2 the return of Drew to Lynah... Hot truck beware!

BTW
Your school sucks!

Cheers!
Drew! :-}

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: August 16, 2006 12:38PM

L-J
If some home games must be played at an alternate venue(s) it is possible that a portion of those games will not be included in your ticket package. A fair and random means of accomodating as many season ticket holders as possible at smaller venues has been developed. This process reduces the likelihood that a season ticket holder would miss more than one game. Cornell is optimistic that all games will be played at Lynah Rink as scheduled, where all of your tickets will be valid. Details of the contingency plan will be communicated, if necessary.

Translation:

You don't know what we'll do about season tickets if Lynah isn't open in time. Frankly, neither do we. So let's all cross our fingers and hope it doesn't come to that.

Posted by: tvset (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 17, 2006 07:48AM

Hi All,

HARVARD is our first MAJOR home game ! ! ! ! ! !

If Lynah ISN'T ready ! ! ! !

Would you like to be the fan that is chosen to lose that game
because of seating restrains,through Cornell's devised "will only lose
one game" as a SEASON TICKET HOLDER ...............................

When they knew they were going to "Improve Lynah" , why didn't they design a phased approach that would still allow the hockey season to be played in LYNAH even while construction was being finished .

ex. they could have completed all the seating changes and basic structural changed first . Then cordoned off the entrance to that part of the facility and still used the old locker rooms and such to PLAY HOCKEY AT HOME ! !
And THEN finished the rest of the construction during the week .....

Date: August 17, 2006 08:27AM

tvset
Hi All,

Doesn't the place we're supposed to play in Elmira seat more than Lynah anyway?

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: August 17, 2006 10:04AM

Not a bad idea, but probably a lot harder to implement than it sounds. It probably would cost a lot more money, the construction sounds like it is greatly interconnected, and it would probably be almost impossible to meet fire codes such as emergency exit access if the construction was done in stages.

The reports to date sound promising. We will just have to hope everything is done in time to play at home. At least the team will be able to practice without leaving campus by the sound of it.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-193-170.myvzw.com)
Date: August 17, 2006 10:06AM

jtwcornell91
tvset
Hi All,

Doesn't the place we're supposed to play in Elmira seat more than Lynah anyway?

The seating capacity for Elmira's First Arena is just over 4000. Which, I believe, makes it pretty close to the capacity of the "new" Lynah Rink. So, they can accommodate all of the CU season ticket holders. If they are not going to make provisions for all CU season ticket holders, I can only speculate that their deal with Elmira makes some seats available for purchase by Elmirans; possibly Elmira Jackals' season ticket holders are getting an option to purchase tickets to the CU games.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-193-141.myvzw.com)
Date: August 18, 2006 09:47AM

Did anyone notice that the 06-07 schedule included with the ticket renewal shows the Oct. 27th game against Robert Morris Univ (if played at an alternate site) to be A) 1PM game (Oct 27th?) and B) "likely to be played on Sunday, Oct. 29 at 1PM". In the unlikely event that it's played on Oct 27th at 1PM, what the hell are they thinking in having a 1PM game on Friday? Why should I be amazed at this thought process? Let's pray that Lynah is ready for the first game. If not, we may see Athletics dream up things that we never thought possible!! If there's a way to f$@k it up, they will find it!

Date: August 18, 2006 10:47AM

A quick look at www.jackalshockey.com reveals that the Elmira Jackals, the home team at the team's alternate home site, has games scheduled at 7:35 p.m. on both Friday Oct. 27 and Saturday Oct. 28 at the First Arena.

One could therefore conclude that the thought process causing Athletics to dream up 1 p.m. game times is the one that leads them to accommodate the games of the host arena's home team.

Hideously inconvenient, sure, but also a necessary concession.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: August 18, 2006 11:11AM

That damn jerseygirl and her damn "reality" and stuff...

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: August 18, 2006 11:47AM

Jerseygirl
A quick look at www.jackalshockey.com reveals that the Elmira Jackals, the home team at the team's alternate home site, has games scheduled at 7:35 p.m. on both Friday Oct. 27 and Saturday Oct. 28 at the First Arena.

One could therefore conclude that the thought process causing Athletics to dream up 1 p.m. game times is the one that leads them to accommodate the games of the host arena's home team.

As someone who attends many of the Jackals' game, I'm well aware of their schedule. Since Oct 29th is a contingency plan for that game, I would say that a 1PM game on Oct 27th is not at all necessary. It's just a bad idea!

Posted by: ugarte (---.axiomlegal.com)
Date: August 18, 2006 11:57AM

redice
Jerseygirl

As someone who attends many of the Jackals' game, I'm well aware of their schedule. Since Oct 29th is a contingency plan for that game, I would say that a 1PM game on Oct 27th is not at all necessary. It's just a bad idea!
There are two teams playing in this game. You are assuming that the other team is cool with switching their games from Friday/Saturday to Saturday/Sunday. It is probably up to Robert Morris if they want to get to Ithaca for a Friday gmae at 1.

Date: August 18, 2006 01:31PM

ugarte
redice
Jerseygirl

There are two teams playing in this game. You are assuming that the other team is cool with switching their games from Friday/Saturday to Saturday/Sunday. It is probably up to Robert Morris if they want to get to Ithaca for a Friday gmae at 1.

Since the Sunday 10/29 gmae appears (as a contingency) on the schedule, it is a reasonable assumption.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 18, 2006 04:18PM

Not that Robert Morris would ever be a top 15 team, would games played in Elmira be considered home or neutral ice? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: August 18, 2006 04:56PM

nyc94
Not that Robert Morris would ever be a top 15 team, would games played in Elmira be considered home or neutral ice? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered.
It will certainly be a home game because Cornell is sponsoring the game and using Elmira as their home ice. I don't knwo what the exact rules are, but it's generally only neutral site when it's a truly neutral event. Example: the Florida tournament is neutral site even though Cornell is one of the hosts. The Mariucci Christmas Tournament (or whatever the hell it's called these days) is a home game for Minnesota because it's their tournament on their home ice.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: August 18, 2006 07:47PM

I think you misunderstood.

I wasn't suggesting you should be afraid to sit with Clarkson fans; after all we're well-behaved, not like you cornell "goons." :-}

The comment about hopw much he valued his life related to Oat's comment that he'd pay "his life" for tickets to a game.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: August 18, 2006 09:19PM

ugarte
redice
Jerseygirl

For what it's worth, Robert Morris only has the one game that weekend. [www.rmu.edu]

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 24, 2006 09:05PM

What's wrong with a 1 PM game? It allows us to travel in the daylight AND get back in time to hit the bars! Win-win situation, in my opinion.

Posted by: redice (66.195.232.---)
Date: August 25, 2006 12:23PM

las224
What's wrong with a 1 PM game? It allows us to travel in the daylight AND get back in time to hit the bars! Win-win situation, in my opinion.

In two words: jobs & classes. Many will be working or going to classes at 1PM on a Friday.

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: August 25, 2006 04:10PM

redice
las224

In two words: jobs & classes. Many will be working or going to classes at 1PM on a Friday.
Come on, where are your priorities? :-D

Date: August 26, 2006 01:10PM

KeithK
redice
las224

Come on, where are your priorities? :-D

Actually, this would really suck if I were still flying from NO. For a Friday night game, you can fly early Friday morning and get to Ithaca by faceoff, only missing ne workday. Friday midday you basically have to fly Thursday.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: August 27, 2006 08:23PM

But who has classes on Fridays? ;-)

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: August 27, 2006 08:30PM

las224
But who has classes on Fridays? ;-)

People who don't go to road games nut

Posted by: CKinsland (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: September 04, 2006 07:57PM

Our neighbor (season tickets near us) and her young daughter (7 years old) were verbally abused (cursed at, threatened, etc.) at the away Colgate game. I doubt that they did anything to provoke it if their behavior there was anything like their behavior at home. OTOH, the Clarkson parents that have been in the comp seats behind us on and off over the last few seasons have been invariably polite.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login