Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Things to do while waiting for the season to start...

Posted by Trotsky 
Things to do while waiting for the season to start...
Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: July 17, 2006 02:57PM

Find the mistakes in [www.tbrw.info]! I just brought it up to date, in some cases making up for two years' of indolence. I'm sure I've made all manner of errors, omissions, etc.

I am aware that the 2005 player stats for Hitchhiker aren't yet linked. Everything else will be news to me. Have at it. You can PM me or post here if it's a particularly dumb or embarassing mistake.

Re: Things to do while waiting for the season to start...
Posted by: Bio '04 (---.rh.psu.edu)
Date: July 22, 2006 08:30AM

Ok, so I was bored this morning. These aren't really mistakes per se, more so needing to be updated:

1) Under the Foreigners' page, David McKee's tenure as a player is over (so it shouldn't be listed as "2004-present"
(And should someone read this statement wonder why McKee be listed on this page, check out the explanation :-P : [www.tbrw.info] )

2) Are the stats for players in the NHL going to be updated for Lenny and Murray?
Edit: can't forget Nieuwendyk! (Or Underhill- he did play 1 game for the Blackhawks , IIRC)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2006 09:16AM by Bio '04.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: July 22, 2006 09:22AM

These should be easy to fix.

1. The blue GAMES button at the top does not go to its corresponding page.

2. In the "All-American East First Teams" page, the school logos for Latreille (59, 60) and Fryberger (61, 62, 63) appear twice as big as the other logos (btw, what school is that?)

I'd like to make one personal suggestion. Although a picture is worth a thousand words, some basic caption can be helpful for context's sake.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 22, 2006 12:52PM

This isn't an error, but rather a comment.

I have to wonder if it's really necessary to list the "NCAA Final 8" appearances.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: July 22, 2006 02:30PM

min
These should be easy to fix.

1. The blue GAMES button at the top does not go to its corresponding page.

2. In the "All-American East First Teams" page, the school logos for Latreille (59, 60) and Fryberger (61, 62, 63) appear twice as big as the other logos (btw, what school is that?)

I'd like to make one personal suggestion. Although a picture is worth a thousand words, some basic caption can be helpful for context's sake.

Middlebury it seems.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: longtime red (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: July 22, 2006 04:39PM

Actually there really is an error there for 1967 through 1973: only four teams qualified for the NCAA Ice Hockey Championship, two from the east and two from the west. So there was no "final eight." (It wasn't called the "frozen four" then, but if you made the tourmanment you were in the semi-finals.)

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.rh.psu.edu)
Date: July 22, 2006 06:08PM

Will
This isn't an error, but rather a comment.

I have to wonder if it's really necessary to list the "NCAA Final 8" appearances.

I'm also wondering if it's necessary, though it is nice to see that the "NCAA Final 8" list is almost as long as the "NCAA Tourney" list.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: July 22, 2006 07:32PM

Bio '04
Under the Foreigners' page, ...

We had a guy from Bermuda? I love it :)

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: July 23, 2006 10:46PM

longtime red
Actually there really is an error there for 1967 through 1973: only four teams qualified for the NCAA Ice Hockey Championship, two from the east and two from the west. So there was no "final eight." (It wasn't called the "frozen four" then, but if you made the tourmanment you were in the semi-finals.)

Actually, it expanded from 4 teams sometime after I graduated (I think). I can tell you for sure that in 1980, there were only four teams in the NCAAs.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: July 24, 2006 02:46AM

Jeff Hopkins '82
longtime red

Actually, it expanded from 4 teams sometime after I graduated (I think). I can tell you for sure that in 1980, there were only four teams in the NCAAs.

[www.augenblick.org]
Number of Qualifiers:
4 (1948-76)
5 (1977, 1979-80; one first round game in the western region to determine the final semifinalist)
6 (1978; one first round game in each region to determine the final two semifinalists)
8 (1981-87)
12 (1988-2002; lowest 8 seeds played to determine the remaining four quarterfinalists)
16 (2003-On).

Date: July 24, 2006 05:39PM

Let's call it an aesthetic disagreement. I'm well aware that there was a time when only 4 teams made the NC$$ Tourny. I was even alive then! My policy is to put the "most recent cool Cornell achievement" in the place of honor on the front page. Getting to the QF was Cornell's cool achievement last year. "Final 8... Or Better" doesn't fit on the banner. Maybe I'll footnote it.

Keep those cards and letters coming.

Date: July 24, 2006 05:45PM

min

All team icons are supposed to caption on hover. I'll check it out.

Date: July 25, 2006 12:22AM

ursaminor
Jeff Hopkins '82
longtime red

[www.augenblick.org]
Number of Qualifiers:
4 (1948-76)
5 (1977, 1979-80; one first round game in the western region to determine the final semifinalist)
6 (1978; one first round game in each region to determine the final two semifinalists)
8 (1981-87)
12 (1988-2002; lowest 8 seeds played to determine the remaining four quarterfinalists)
16 (2003-On).

I know for sure in 1980 there were no qualification rounds from the east to determine who went to Providence for the NCAA tournament, unless the person is counting the ECAC tournament as a qualification round. It basically came down to "we win the tournament, we got to Providence. We lose, we go home. In 1980, the two schools from the east were the tournament winner and the runner-up (us and Dartmouth). The tourney winner got an autobid and the second eastern bid was determined in a smoke-filled room.

As I understood it at the time, the western reps were the CCHA winner (NMU) and the WCHA winner (UND). I don't know for certain whether there were any qualification rounds in the west but I don't think so.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2006 01:00AM

Jeff Hopkins '82

I know for sure in 1980 there were no qualification rounds from the east to determine who went to Providence for the NCAA tournament, unless the person is counting the ECAC tournament as a qualification round.

Correct, and this jives exactly with what ursaminor posted, if you look at the list more carefully. In 1980, there was a Western qualifier only...no Eastern qualifier. Just like you just said.

As I understood it at the time, the western reps were the CCHA winner (NMU) and the WCHA winner (UND). I don't know for certain whether there were any qualification rounds in the west but I don't think so.

Aren't you glad there's this dump truck of an Internet? I am. It's saved me from my own fuzzy memory many times. The result of every NCAA tournament game ever played is listed at the previously posted link:

[www.augenblick.org]

Posted by: Duane Ford (---.hsd1.nh.comcast.net)
Date: July 25, 2006 03:39PM

In the section that says returning players by scoring it has a question mark for the number of games that Chris Fontas has played. According to USCHO his career at UMASS-Lowell was:

2003-04 - 39 1-4-5
2004-05 - 29 2-2-4

Career - 68 3-6-9

I just want to say that I love the website and have since I found it about 5+ years ago

DCF '94

Date: July 25, 2006 11:40PM

RichH
Jeff Hopkins '82

I know for sure in 1980 there were no qualification rounds from the east to determine who went to Providence for the NCAA tournament, unless the person is counting the ECAC tournament as a qualification round.

Correct, and this jives exactly with what ursaminor posted, if you look at the list more carefully. In 1980, there was a Western qualifier only...no Eastern qualifier. Just like you just said.

Aren't you glad there's this dump truck of an Internet? I am. It's saved me from my own fuzzy memory many times. The result of every NCAA tournament game ever played is listed at the previously posted link:

[www.augenblick.org]

Ahhh. I mis-read your post. I thought it said there was an eastern regional qualifier in 1980.

And w.r.t. the western qualifier, it just didn't matter. We got in when nobody thought we would.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: July 26, 2006 06:35AM

RichH
Aren't you glad there's this dump truck of an Internet? I am.
Dude, the Internet is not a truck.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 26, 2006 07:50AM

jmh30
RichH
Aren't you glad there's this dump truck of an Internet? I am.
Dude, the Internet is not a truck.

[tubesdance.ytmnd.com]

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: July 31, 2006 12:35PM

You're still missing Dan Ratushny's '90 and '91 world junior participation (for Canada) and his silver medal in '92 as well. He's one of the all-time great Cornellians.......

P.S. I love the site as well!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2006 04:39PM by RatushnyFan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login