Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

College Hockey Travel Guide

Posted by CowbellGuy 
College Hockey Travel Guide
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 11:55AM

In case you don't read the USCHO Fan Forum, the new College Hockey Travel Guide is now active:

www.chtg.net

Re: College Hockey Travel Guide
Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: November 11, 2002 12:26PM

The entries for Cornell and Clarkson are particularly well-written. I don't say that for any particular reason, of course. ;-)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 12:49PM

But the omission of Purity is a real tsk, tsk...;-)

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: November 11, 2002 12:59PM

WTF is with the Moosewood being included while Dunbar's isn't?

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 01:10PM

And the picture of Lynah appears to have been taken at some recreational skating session. What's up with that?

Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: November 11, 2002 01:14PM

Anyone know who wrote this? I don't see an author/contributor credit on this page.

Posted by: Adam '01 (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 01:23PM

I like how several of the how to get tickets sections are like, "Tickets are usually easy to come by, except when Cornell comes to town."

:-)

Date: November 11, 2002 01:32PM

I couldn't find a good external picture of Lynah, so I'm going to take one and submit it; in the meantime, they decided that one was better than nothing.

I would've put Purity in but for space constraints; same for Dunbar's. Thought a variety of food options would be good to have, especially since the Lynah concessions are... well, you know. Besides, do you REALLY want the Clarkson Band showing up at Dunbar's? I'd rather they annoy the crunchies at Moosewood. ;-)

Posted by: Will (128.253.12.---)
Date: November 11, 2002 02:12PM

But wait, you're sending the Clarkson band to Hot Truck! That can only lead to trouble of the alcohol-induced kind. :-P

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 02:13PM

Hey Age,

Could you put this up as a link like you did with the Ticket Exchange???
Just a thought. . .;-)

Date: November 11, 2002 02:22PM

Oh yeah. hehe :-D

Posted by: mha (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 02:56PM

Hey, Josh. Feel free to add a line along the lines of "Find out about more eateries through 14850 Dining" with a link to [dining.14850.com]

I'd also be happy to have you pull info directly from the 14850 Dining database directly, if you like... and can even deliver it in the CHTG's format.

Date: November 11, 2002 03:07PM

Well, it's not my site, so I can't add info directly. I'll mention it to the site authors, though. Don't see why they wouldn't add it. (Other than the fact that you gave Wendy's a higher rating than some actual restaurants. :-P )

Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 03:07PM

Definitely agree that Purity should be on the Cornell food list. The Econolodge is also a good backup hotel. Not sure if there are limits to how much info you can post.

As far as hotels in the North Country, for years we've been staying at either the Best Western or the Comfort Suites in Canton, where the visiting teams usually stay. I've only stayed at the Clarkson Inn once, for a playoff I'd rather forget, and IIRC it's a bit pricey. Also, most of the eateries on the Clarkson list aren't open very late, i.e. you can't get food after the game. You can eat at the Best Western after the game, but be careful about what you order. For pre-game food, Maxfield's in Potsdam is also a good choice.

The Pizza Hut is off limits, of course. yark

Date: November 11, 2002 03:09PM

Canton Pizza Hut comment deleted because it was redundant.

Restaurants I gave in Potsdam are those that were recommended to me by a friend who went to Clarkson. That was all I had to go on.

Posted by: tml5 (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 03:40PM

While we're being picky about the food choices, I would suggest Maxies or the Lost Dog over Moosewoods any day of the week. I prefer Maxies, but vegetarians will find slim pickings there. I also wouldn't suggest Purity, just because they only do ice cream and you can get it at pretty much all of the aforementioned restaurants. Just be sure to warn your vegetarian friends to stay away from it (gelatin).

I have some non-digital images of men's hockey games, and I *might* have a digital image of the outside of Lynah. I'll see if I can dig it up if you want.

-Tom

Date: November 11, 2002 04:11PM

Tom Lento wrote:

While we're being picky about the food choices, I would suggest Maxies or the Lost Dog over Moosewoods any day of the week. I prefer Maxies, but vegetarians will find slim pickings there. I also wouldn't suggest Purity, just because they only do ice cream and you can get it at pretty much all of the aforementioned restaurants. Just be sure to warn your vegetarian friends to stay away from it (gelatin).

I have some non-digital images of men's hockey games, and I *might* have a digital image of the outside of Lynah. I'll see if I can dig it up if you want.
I personally prefer just about any restaurant in town to the Moosewood, because I'm a carnivore, but I thought it'd be nice to have some variety.

If you have a digital photo of the outside, that'd be great; it's what I was looking for, but unable to find. (Age's photos are excellent quality but tend to be close-ups, not something that'll give you an idea of what the facility looks like. Age, if you have any that show the interior of Lynah in all its banner-bedecked glory, that also would be great.)

And yes, to beat you all to it, I know sections E and K are too small on my seating chart. Tough. :-P

Date: November 11, 2002 04:13PM

Actually, I do have some wide internal shots. None from the outside, but my new camera's getting here today, so if you can wait a couple weeks, I should be able to offer something better and current.

Posted by: tml5 (---)
Date: November 11, 2002 04:16PM

I prefer just about every restaurant in town to Moosewood because it's overpriced, bland, and coasting on a reputation built by the sales of admittedly excellent cookbooks.

Lost Dog and Maxies are excellent variety when compared with the Chappy, which does serve nachos and stuff, the Hot Truck, and that overpriced burger joint. . . er. . . Ruloffs.

I'll look through the digital images that I've got of campus and hockey games. I know I have some images of the students and team on the ice together (taken from the top of E), which might include some banners. I also have pictures of games from the top of G, but I'll have to find the digital copies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login