Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

McKee Could Dress Tonight

Posted by calgARI '07 
McKee Could Dress Tonight
Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: April 21, 2006 09:51PM

J-S Gigeure is out of the lineup with a lower body injury. I think it happened today at morning skate. Bryzgalov gets the start, but I'm guessing McKee will be backing up unless their taxi squad is with the team which would only be the case if Portland has been eliminated.

EDIT: CBC is saying that McKee is ineligible to dress so they called someone up on emergency basis. False alarm.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2006 09:52PM by calgARI '07.

Re: McKee Could Dress Tonight
Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 09:53PM

calgARI '07
J-S Gigeure is out of the lineup with a lower body injury. I think it happened today at morning skate. Bryzgalov gets the start, but I'm guessing McKee will be backing up unless their taxi squad is with the team which would only be the case if Portland has been eliminated.
So we're rooting for a nice slash or two on Bryzgalov? :-D

Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: April 21, 2006 10:39PM

calgARI '07

EDIT: CBC is saying that McKee is ineligible to dress so they called someone up on emergency basis. False alarm.

Does anyone know why is he ineligible? And if he is ineligbile who is dressing as the backup? I thought McKee was going there as #3.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: April 21, 2006 11:00PM

Looks like they called up Marsters for backup duties.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 21, 2006 11:12PM

So they're required to carry him for the rest of the regular season, but then he's ineligible for the playoff roster?

Seems odd to me.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: April 22, 2006 03:03AM

I remember Sejna played for the Blues when he signed in 03 but was ineligible in the playoffs if I remember correctly. Carle played for San Jose tonight though and his situation is pretty much identical so I have no clue.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.nyroc.rr.com)
Date: April 22, 2006 09:30AM

calgARI '07
I remember Sejna played for the Blues when he signed in 03 but was ineligible in the playoffs if I remember correctly. Carle played for San Jose tonight though and his situation is pretty much identical so I have no clue.

Senja and McKee both signed as free agents, whereas Carle was drafted by San Jose. Maybe that's why?

Posted by: Bill (---.public.cornell.edu)
Date: April 22, 2006 11:08AM

McKee was signed after the March 9th trade deadline so there fore can not suit up or play in playoffs, he could have played in the regular season but not now.

Posted by: Bio '04 (---.labs.win.psu.edu)
Date: April 22, 2006 01:16PM

KeithK
calgARI '07
So we're rooting for a nice slash or two on Bryzgalov? :-D

I bet he's not hoping for that (if he could play) based on a quote from an article in the Daily Sun on April 14th:

[Q]"Hopefully nothing will happen to them [Giguere and Ilya]," McKee said with a chuckle, "because I don't think I'm ready just yet."[/Q]

:-P (though I'm not sure if this is the best emoticon for this... help)

Date: April 22, 2006 04:10PM

Bio '04
I bet he's not hoping for [an injury] based on a quote from an article in the Daily Sun on April 14th:

[Q]"Hopefully nothing will happen to them [Giguere and Ilya]," McKee said with a chuckle, "because I don't think I'm ready just yet."[/Q]
If you're not ready then WHY DIDN'T YOU STAY!!!

Sorry. No lectures or explanations needed... just needed to vent that thought.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2006 05:07PM

KeithK
$$$? Better now than later, as I understand it.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2006 05:30PM

KeithK
Bio '04
I bet he's not hoping for [an injury] based on a quote from an article in the Daily Sun on April 14th:

I feel your pain :). Of course, to say he's not ready for the NHL doesn't mean he's not ready for the pros. I mean, other than Dryden, how many goalies went pretty much straight to the NHL as their first step in the pros? I mean, maybe Marc-Andre Fleury recently. He did spend a year in the AHL, but there was no NHL at the time, so its hard to say. He did spend 12 games there this year too though.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 22, 2006 06:58PM

DeltaOne81
I mean, other than Dryden, how many goalies went pretty much straight to the NHL as their first step in the pros?
Even Dryden, after a year with the Canadian national team, spent all but the last six NHL regular-season games of the '70-'71 season with Montreal's AHL team, the Voyageurs.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 22, 2006 10:54PM

Al DeFlorio
DeltaOne81
I mean, other than Dryden, how many goalies went pretty much straight to the NHL as their first step in the pros?
Even Dryden, after a year with the Canadian national team, spent all but the last six NHL regular-season games of the '70-'71 season with Montreal's AHL team, the Voyageurs.

Thanks Al. I actually knew that he was with the Voyagers, but I tend to picture him heading right to that Stanley Cup. One of the many reasons we keep you around :)

Date: April 23, 2006 01:17AM

DeltaOne81
KeithK

I feel your pain :). Of course, to say he's not ready for the NHL doesn't mean he's not ready for the pros. I mean, other than Dryden, how many goalies went pretty much straight to the NHL as their first step in the pros? I mean, maybe Marc-Andre Fleury recently. He did spend a year in the AHL, but there was no NHL at the time, so its hard to say. He did spend 12 games there this year too though.
I know all of the reasons he could've had to leave. I understand. I just was venting my frustration.

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 23, 2006 02:41AM

KeithK
DeltaOne81
KeithK

I know all of the reasons he could've had to leave. I understand. I just was venting my frustration.
Just to add one more reason, since you don't actually need any. Even if he thinks he isn't ready now, he may expect to be ready (to back up at least) next year after a preseason practicing with the team. Going from the NCAAs to the Stanley Cup playoffs could be something of a mindfuck - even if the Faithful got him used to playing in front of loud, rabid crowds.

Posted by: Jacob 03 (---.carlsl01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 23, 2006 10:52AM

ugarte

Going from the NCAAs to the Stanley Cup playoffs could be something of a mindfuck - even if the Faithful got him used to playing in front of loud, rabid crowds.

Going from playing in front of loud, rabid crowds to playing in front of the alleged sports fans of Anaheim certainly would be a mindfuck...

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: April 23, 2006 09:27PM

DeltaOne81
Didn't DiPietro go straight to the Islanders? I know he was sent down later that year, but I thought he went straight to the NHL. He wasn't ready though, and spent most of the next 2 seasons in the minors. Dan Blackburn pretty much went straight to the NHL as well as the Rangers backup.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2006 09:38PM by RatushnyFan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login