Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NC game

Posted by DeltaOne81 
NC game
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 09:18PM

Wisconsin leads 2-1 with 7:30 to go... scoring a PP goal after killing a few BC powerplays

Re: NC game
Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 09:21PM

Wisco has dominated the game, BC doesn't even belong on the same ice.

Date: April 08, 2006 09:28PM

BC takes a stupid penalty with about 3:30 left

Date: April 08, 2006 09:30PM

but BC kills it with a lot of great effort

I agree Wisco looks much better, but BCs playing their hearts out right now too

Date: April 08, 2006 09:32PM

Wisconsin wins it! :)

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2006 09:34PM

wow. BC hitting the post at the end.

Date: April 08, 2006 09:34PM

A BC shot with ~1.5 seconds left went off the post. Wisc may have been better tonight, but BC was awfully close. Quite a game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2006 09:37PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 09:54PM

excellent game for both teams. bc took some bad penalties. congrats to bucky. nice to know cornell took the champs to 3 OT

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2006 10:10PM

That last post hit would make me cry if I were a BC fan/player. A cm to the left, it would have gone in. Half a cm, it would have bounced enough towards the center to bounce off Elliott's back and go in. As far as sports go, I don't think tough breaks get much tougher than that.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 10:24PM

ftyuv
That last post hit would make me cry if I were a BC fan/player. A cm to the left, it would have gone in. Half a cm, it would have bounced enough towards the center to bounce off Elliott's back and go in. As far as sports go, I don't think tough breaks get much tougher than that.

well having a goal that was a true goal not called a goal is tougher. wow, that was an interesting sentence

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2006 10:40PM

jy3
ftyuv

well having a goal that was a true goal not called a goal is tougher. wow, that was an interesting sentence

Not having ever played at any level higher than intramural, I can't say from experience. But I'd think that if a true goal were called off, at least part of your emotions would be diverted to frustration and anger at the ref, and you could also rationalize with "well we really won, scoreboard be damned." A near-hit like this, you have nothing to blame but God/luck/the-butterfly-who-flapped-his-wing-in-China, and I'd think all your emotions would be focused in on the miss and loss itself. I dunno if I said that right, but you know what I mean?

Great game
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 08, 2006 11:26PM

Didn't make it to the lazy boy. I was standing and sitting cross legged on the floor. Only sad that we weren't there to root another red team on.

Re: Great game
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (64.148.137.---)
Date: April 09, 2006 04:01AM

marty
Didn't make it to the lazy boy. I was standing and sitting cross legged on the floor. Only sad that we weren't there to root another red team on.

Some of us were...

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: April 09, 2006 04:03AM

DeltaOne81
BC takes a stupid penalty with about 3:30 left
\

Should have been 5. But then I said that about Thursday night and got chewed out by some linesman I met in the elevator. Apparently we're in the officals' hotel.

BTW, did Piotrowski ref the final? We heard the ref yelling "MOVE IT! NO WHISTLE!" from the upper deck and assumed it was a CCHA guy.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2006 06:46AM

jtwcornell91
BTW, did Piotrowski ref the final? We heard the ref yelling "MOVE IT! NO WHISTLE!" from the upper deck and assumed it was a CCHA guy.

from USCHO:

Referee: Matt Shegos
Asst. Referee(s): Kevin Langseth, Keith Sergott

Date: April 09, 2006 10:03AM

Ah, that makes sense. Shegos is the one who really yells, but I didn't think they would send Shegos and Pio both.

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 12:06PM

Given the eventual winner, it can be argued that this year the championship game wasn't played on the final Saturday. Congrats to Bucky.

Posted by: cp20 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 09, 2006 01:23PM

ninian '72
Given the eventual winner, it can be argued that this year the championship game wasn't played on the final Saturday. Congrats to Bucky.
AGREED !:-)

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: April 09, 2006 03:35PM

For how long has Mike Volonnino been writing for USCHO?nospam

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 09, 2006 03:39PM

He's been there all of this season at least. I remeber seeing a few of his articles on USCHO last year, but they might have just picked them up (I don't think he was on staff).

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 10, 2006 09:12AM

jtwcornell91
Ah, that makes sense. Shegos is the one who really yells, but I didn't think they would send Shegos and Pio both.

During the pre-game they showed Shegos' meeting with the captains. He told them, "on the ice, I talk (yell) all the time."

The late BC penalty was dangerous and unbelievably stupid. Take Chris' penalty from Fish N Fowl and multiple it by three.

Good game. Wisconsin was physically dominating and controlled about 75% of the playing time. Made me appreciate even more what a good job Cornell did in the QF.

Oh well. Now we can officially look forward to next year.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 09:21AM

Trotsky
The late BC penalty was dangerous and unbelievably stupid. Take Chris' penalty from Fish N Fowl and multiple it by three.
The awful timing and obviousness of that penalty made me think of the dumb penalty Hynes took at about the same time in our UHN game in Buffalo. The look on York's face after it was called spoke volumes.

Date: April 10, 2006 10:58AM

Al DeFlorio
The look on York's face after it was called spoke volumes.

Absolutely! I can still see him absent-mindedly scratching behind his ear, with a stoic expression, basically thinking, "wait till next year."

I loathe BC, but they really did a great job clawing their way to the point where they missed heading in overtime by 2 cm. Wisco owned them but they played the part of a yapping dog digging its teeth into a orangutan's ankle and just not letting go.

Great game. I came away from this F4 thinking, "had Cornell played *anybody* but Wisco, they would have kept advancing." The Badgers were just that much better than the other three semi-finalists.

Moral: next year, win in Albany and stay east (hopefully).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 10:59AM by Trotsky.

Posted by: dwt92 (---.aurorahealthcare.org)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:08PM

[Q]Great game. I came away from this F4 thinking, "had Cornell played *anybody* but Wisco, they would have kept advancing."[/Q]

Having been both in Green Bay for the regionals and at the F4, I couldn't agree more. Cornell could have easily beaten Maine, and likely have beaten BC. I have my hotel reservations for St. Louis already made . . .

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:16PM

Trotsky

Wrong Abbott. It was Cam that took the 5 min major in that game.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:16PM

dwt92
Having been both in Green Bay for the regionals and at the F4, I couldn't agree more. Cornell could have easily beaten Maine, and likely have beaten BC.

Of course, you really have to take impressions like those with a grain of salt, given the reality of the season we had. If the ECAC finals had featured the Cornell team who showed up in Green Bay playing against the Sucks team who showed up at the Albany regional, things likely would've been quite different.

After the way we played in Green Bay, though, I agree that if we'd beaten Wisconsin I would've liked our chances against Maine, BC, and UND very, very much.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2006 12:16PM by Beeeej.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: April 10, 2006 12:28PM

Having seen Maine play in Florida, I always liked our chances against them. They were disasterous down there.

Date: April 10, 2006 12:49PM

Rita
Trotsky

Yeah, I kept looking at that and thinking, "hmmm... that's not right, is it"?

Such is the danger of twins. help

Date: April 10, 2006 01:24PM

Trotsky
Rita
Trotsky

Yeah, I kept looking at that and thinking, "hmmm... that's not right, is it"?

Such is the danger of twins. help

No reprieve next season (or the three after that). You will have the Devin twins, Mike and Joe to keep straight. ;-)

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 10, 2006 01:33PM

Rita
No reprieve next season (or the three after that). You will have the Devin twins, Mike and Joe to keep straight. ;-)

They are supposed to arrive in '07. If they come in next season it will be due to some unfortunate circumstancesuhoh

Date: April 10, 2006 02:09PM

redhair34
Rita

They are supposed to arrive in '07. If they come in next season it will be due to some unfortunate circumstancesuhoh

Oops. I must have skimmed over that information when I checked the recruit thread to verify the spelling of the surname.

So I avoided the spelling-grammar police, but got caught by the "recruit-admissions" unit. Trotsky gets a reprieve, and I'll try to remember to check projected matriculation dates as well as spelling. ;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login