Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

INCH All-Americans

Posted by ebilmes 
INCH All-Americans
Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 09:45PM

[insidecollegehockey.com]

As it should be, no Cornellians this year.

Edit: INCH (in its Power Rankings) also opines that Sucks should be the favorite in the ECACHL next year. rolleyes
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2006 09:48PM by ebilmes.

Re: INCH All-Americans
Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 06, 2006 01:23AM

Let Sucks have the target. If they're ready for it, our boys will get done what needs to be done.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 06, 2006 08:06AM

With McKee gone, I can't blame them. Doesn't mean I think it'll happen that way, but I can't blame them.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: April 06, 2006 10:24AM

DeltaOne81
With McKee gone, I can't blame them. Doesn't mean I think it'll happen that way, but I can't blame them.
Agreed. We don't have a goalie with a track record and we are losing our top scorer to boot. I don't care if they downgrade our team in the preseason rankings. I have high hopes for the incoming players and would rather do without the expectations.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 06, 2006 11:30AM

ugarte
DeltaOne81
Agreed. We don't have a goalie with a track record and we are losing our top scorer to boot. I don't care if they downgrade our team in the preseason rankings. I have high hopes for the incoming players and would rather do without the expectations.
Better yet, let's hope to exceed expectations, on all fronts.

ECACHL next year
Posted by: redhair34 (---.ilr.cornell.edu)
Date: April 06, 2006 12:47PM

INCH's rankings/awards are determined by the opinions of 4 or 5 guys.These are the same guys that recently said something to the effect of--there wasn't a point in the Wisconsin-Cornell game that they thought Cornell would/could beat Wisconsin. Mike Eidelbes (co-editor) is so embarrassingly ignorant of the tournament selection criteria that I almost feel sorry for him until I remember he is an obnoxious blowhard. Having said that, I think Joe Gladziszewski and Nate Ewell aren't all that bad. Bottom line: take INCH for what it is...a source of published opinions/wisecracks and some information for people who are starved for any source of college hockey.

Now take this for what it is, one guy's thoughts for next season who only saw each ECACHL team other than Cornell play about twice this past season (Colgate, Sucks, Clarkson, Dartmouth more...RPI, Brown and Princeton less). I definitely don't see Sucks or even us (assuming no unexpected defections) as the undisputed/overwhelming favorite going into next season. I think Clarkson has nowhere to go but up. They found a solid goaltender, they'll probably have more talent up front than any other team in the league, and they won't be as inexperienced on the blueline. Although Colgate lost a bit up front, they have some solid forwards returning, probably the best goalie in the league, and like Clarkson their defensemen will be more experienced. I see Quinnipiac and Clarkson as teams poised for big improvements and Dartmouth or possibly St. Lawrence to drop off a bit.

Sucks loses some important players next year including their best stay at home defensemen-Hafner and their best sniper-Murphy. Also, I think Sucks has a bigger question mark in goal than us next year. Daigneault really saved them this year. Tobe has been terribly inconsistent and Kyle Richter like Scrivens is a relatively unknown quantity. However, the fact that Scrivens and not Richter made it onto the Viking Cup team suggests that we probably landed the better of the two recruits (also for what it's worth Heisenberg has Scrivens rated ahead of Richter). And considering Davenport has put up some pretty good numbers in the USHL over the past couple of years, not to mention the fact that he is more seasoned and has already been exposed to college hockey/Cornell, I'm betting he will be even better than Scrivens (at least in the early going). I still think Sucks will be good next season, I just don't think they'll be as invincible as some thought after they peaked just in time for the ECAC semifinal and final.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2006 01:05PM by redhair34.

Re: ECACHL next year
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: April 06, 2006 12:54PM

redhair34
INCH's rankings/awards are determined by the opinions of 4 or 5 guys. The same guys that recently said something to the effect of--there wasn't a point in the Wisconsin-Cornell game that they thought Cornell would/could beat Wisconsin. Mike Eidelbes (co-editor) is so embarrassingly ignorant of the tournament selection criteria that I almost feel sorry for him until I remember he is an obnoxious blowhard.
Couldn't agree more about Eidelbes. He doesn't know what he's writing about, and seems to get his kicks simply by being sarcastically nasty. Worthless, in my opinion.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: April 06, 2006 02:00PM

ebilmes
Edit: INCH (in its Power Rankings) also opines that Sucks should be the favorite in the ECACHL next year. rolleyes

In their 2005-06 preview, INCH picked Brown to finish third.

Real All-Americans
Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 11:58AM

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 08, 2006 06:50PM

yeah inch always makes we wonder. although meaningless, their 3/27 rankings have us at #9 after taking the team who hopefully will win the game that starts in 10 minutes to multiple OTs...

[insidecollegehockey.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login