Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

McKee signs with Anaheim

Posted by pfibiger 
McKee signs with Anaheim
Posted by: pfibiger (66.77.101.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:07PM

[www.tsn.ca]

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks dipped into the U.S. college system for their latest signing.

TSN has learned the Ducks have signed highly coveted Cornell University goalie and Hobie Baker finalist David McKee.

In 35 games this year, McKee has 22 wins with a 2.08 GAA and a.910 save percentage with three shutouts.

McKee was sought after by four other teams. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Re: McKee signs with Anaheim
Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.74.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:14PM

When I heard about it yesterday, I was hoping it was an early April Fools joke. Considering it wasn't registered with the NHL or reported by anyone until today, I really began to think it was. So much for carrying four goalies. The one positive I can take from this is that at least he went out performing better than LeNeveu or Underhill did in their respective final games. I firmly believe that they can win the National Championship next year and be a stronger team than they were this year if nobody else leaves.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:16PM

Goalie stats for Anaheim's AHL team, the Portland Pirates who have the 2nd most points in their conference and lead their division. Marsters is an RPI grad.

30  Hurme, Jani         10   605:40  2.38   6   4   0    1    276  0.920
35  Kochan, Dieter      15   837:30  2.72   9   4   1    1    415  0.916
37  Marsters, Nathan    34  1869:53  3.18  20   9   2    0    876  0.898

Date: March 31, 2006 02:19PM

By the way, I am almost sure that Giguere will be gone this summer.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:19PM

pfibiger
TSN has learned the Ducks have signed highly coveted Cornell University goalie and Hobie Baker finalist David McKee.

Huh.

Best wishes to Dave. Thanks for your effort on the Hill.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:25PM

He sure ended his career with a great effort.

Always bitter-sweet to see someone leave early. On the one hand, I'm greedy and think everyone should stay all four years. On the other hand, it's also good for the program that the NHL comes knocking.

Hopefully, from Davenport-Scrivens will emerge either a great tandem or the Next Great Thing. But even if that isn't so, it certainly isn't a tough job to market Cornell to a blue chip goalie prospect. "Come be the heir to Dryden, Eliot, Hayward, LeNeveu, McKee..." "Where do I sign"?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 02:25PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:25PM

Yes, best of luck to Dave. I thought this move was all but certain when Davenport came back into the fold.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:29PM

:`(

I was so enthused by all the optimism in the earlier thread which talked about who would be returning and the chances this team had at making another run next year.

Best of luck to David.

Hopefully we can still make that run.

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:34PM

Hobie?

Good luck in the pros, Dave. You gave us a couple of great years and more than a few great games to remember you by.

Posted by: mgl11 (---.pwayne01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:35PM

Congrats to Dave -- seems like it's a good organization for hime to sign with...

Hurme isn't really a prospect -- he's 31. Kochan is in the same boat, he's also 31 and he's on a contract with the Pirates not with the Ducks. I also doubt the project Marsters as an NHL starter -- though I remember him being really solid when I saw him at RPI (in the 00-01 and 01-02 seasons).

The top goalie prospect in the Ducks pipeline is Jean-Philippe Levasseur who's an '87 playing in the QMJHL.

Anyone know if McKee is leaving school before the end of the year...of if they'll hold off until rookie camp to actually bring him in?

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:40PM

I just reread the email I got from Mrs. McKee yesterday...this casts a whole new light on it :`(

Congratulations and best of luck to Dave. We'll miss him.

Date: March 31, 2006 02:46PM

mgl11

Anyone know if McKee is leaving school before the end of the year...of if they'll hold off until rookie camp to actually bring him in?

I assume he'll be going somewhere to play immediately. Probably Portland.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:52PM

calgARI '07
mgl11

The Plan is usually to go play at whatever level they want you to through the end of the season, then swing back through Ithaca to clean up all your incompletes during the summer.

Posted by: jaybert (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2006 03:39PM

good luck mckee....do texas proud!

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 03:41PM

*sigh* :-/

Hard to begrudge a guy following his dream. Best of luck, Dave.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: March 31, 2006 03:50PM

Good luck, Dave. The past two years were great runs, made possible in part by your exceptional play.

Kyle

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 04:13PM

Rats! And a whole lot of other expletives, deleted. :`(

Good luck in the future Dave. I wish I had said good-bye to your dad when I saw him with his camera in Albany. A great family!

And here's some fun from 2004, too:

[elf.elynah.com]

Posted by: Townie (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 04:32PM

scoop85
Yes, best of luck to Dave. I thought this move was all but certain when Davenport came back into the fold.

Speaking of which, how has Troy been doing in jrs?

Would those "in the know" share some insights about next year's goalies?

Date: March 31, 2006 05:26PM

Townie
scoop85

Davenport is much more similar to LeNeveu than he is to McKee. He is much more technically sound, butterfly-style, but with less athleticism. I personally think he's the type of goalie who makes less huge saves than McKee did but more routine saves than he did as well. Don't know as much about Scrivens but he's been inconsistent in juniors this year. I was hoping that he would defer a year and stay in juniors if McKee had stayed.

Posted by: montague (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2006 05:37PM

I've heard that Dave will be leaving school within the next few days.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 31, 2006 05:50PM

calgARI '07

According to INCH, he will report to Anaheim for the rest of the season. But then again this is INCH so take it with a grain of salt. [insidecollegehockey.com]

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 05:50PM

Now I'm just waiting for the next shoe to drop... *sigh*

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 05:53PM

calgARI '07
Just curious why you're so confident of this. Giguere has a lot of OTL's but has stepped his game of late and Anaheim came out of nowhere and is in solid playoff contention now. Their #2 goalie has played 5 games since Feb 1 so Giguere has gotten most of the starts. I don't know anything specific here, I'm just curious about your thinking.

Best of luck Dave. You'll be missed.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:54PM

redhair34
calgARI '07

According to INCH, he will report to Anaheim for the rest of the season. But then again this is INCH so take it with a grain of salt. [insidecollegehockey.com]

There is no way Anaheim will play him. They are right in the middle of the playoff race and every game is huge. If they were out of the playoffs, I could maybe see him getting a start or two. All this plus he isnt close to being ready for the NHL.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:54PM

RatushnyFan
calgARI '07
Just curious why you're so confident of this. Giguere has a lot of OTL's but has stepped his game of late and Anaheim came out of nowhere and is in solid playoff contention now. Their #2 goalie has played 5 games since Feb 1 so Giguere has gotten most of the starts. I don't know anything specific here, I'm just curious about your thinking.
You were supposed to PM him...

Sorry, Greg. It isn't getting old.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:57PM

calgARI '07
redhair34
calgARI '07

There is no way Anaheim will play him. They are right in the middle of the playoff race and every game is huge. If they were out of the playoffs, I could maybe see him getting a start or two. All this plus he isnt close to being ready for the NHL.
Maybe this was part of the negotiation: he gets NHL service time and an NHL salary for the rest of the season instead of the minor league salary that he will probably get on a two-way contract. Might have reduced his signing bonus in consideration. All total speculation, of course.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:57PM

RatushnyFan
calgARI '07

Giguere is extremely overrated based on his unbelievable playoff run in 2003. As a result, he is ridiculously overpaid and Burke knows it. Burke is one of the best GMs in hockey and he isn't going to overpay for a guy like that, especially in the new salary cap world. Giguere has feuded with Coach Randy Carlyle on a couple of occasions this year and he was rumored to be on the move at the deadline. I don't know this for sure, but all these factors point to one thing: his imminent departure.

Date: March 31, 2006 06:06PM

I simply view him as middle of the pack - wasn't aware that he was that overrated in the first place. I didn't think that they were that good of a defensive club that a 2.60 GAA and 91.3% save percentage isn't decent. That said he's only started vs. my Canucks once this year so I haven't seen him play much. 24-12-11 with 59 points in 49 starts. Someone has to play goalie, I can't believe they're betting that it's David (at least for next season).

Date: March 31, 2006 06:11PM

RatushnyFan
I simply view him as middle of the pack - wasn't aware that he was that overrated in the first place. I didn't think that they were that good of a defensive club that a 2.60 GAA and 91.3% save percentage isn't decent. That said he's only started vs. my Canucks once this year so I haven't seen him play much. 24-12-11 with 59 points in 49 starts. Someone has to play goalie, I can't believe they're betting that it's David (at least for next season).

No way will it be McKee even next season. I think they really like Bryzgalov but I could see them bringing in a free agent this summer as well and they platoon next season.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:34PM

RatushnyFan

It is *ridiculously* rare for a collegiate goaltender to not spend a couple years at the AHL level. Look at the most talented, dominating goalies of the past 10 years:

- Jim Howard, Maine: 1 year and counting in Grand Rapids

- Yann Danis, Brown: still mostly in Hamilton

- David LeNeveu, Cornell: 2.5 years before NHL impact

- Ryan Miller, MSU: got 15 games in '02-'03, but only stuck in '05-'06 (should be noted that he was ready during work stoppage) call it 2 years.

- Marty Turco, Michigan: spent 2 years in the IHL before breaking through.

- Tim Thomas, UVM: let me count. 8 seasons after he declared himself Roy's successor in Colorado? He's emerged in Boston. 8 years. laugh

2nd tier:
- Wade Dubielewicz, Denver: year 3 at Bridgeport and counting.

- Matt Underhill, Cornell: 1 NHL game, but most time in the ECHL.

- Trevor Koenig, Union: 7 years bouncing around the ECHL & WCHL. Looks like he's done.

- Tripp Tracy, JR Prestifillipo, Oli Jonas, Dov Grumet-Morris: BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'd say that we broke them all, but how can you break huge sieves?

Edit: corrected Wade D's team.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 12:50PM by RichH.

Date: March 31, 2006 06:39PM

Agreed. So they need to sign someone else then if they can get rid of Giguere. Best outcome is that David plays great in Portland and gets in a few games with Anaheim to get them thinking about him.

Posted by: French Rage (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:40PM

Well, he has given us three great years (even in '04, when his numbers were still pretty good), and players signing early does make the program look better and helps in the long term. Dont get me wrong, I'd like for him to stay all 4 years, but both paths have their pluses and minuses for the program. I'd be angry if a player came and left after one year, but he's already given us two years where we were a shot away from the FF, so no hard feelings here.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Date: March 31, 2006 06:46PM

Tracy is the color guy for Carolina Hurricanes games!

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:46PM

French Rage
I'd be angry if a player came and left after one year, but he's already given us two years where we were a shot away from the FF, so no hard feelings here.

I think most Syracuse fans have forgiven Carmelo Anthony. ;-)

Date: March 31, 2006 06:48PM

65 victories, just 13 behind Dryden. Had a shot for 95 victories. Must have been hard to leave that opportunity behind.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:55PM

ithacat
French Rage
I'd be angry if a player came and left after one year, but he's already given us two years where we were a shot away from the FF, so no hard feelings here.

People will forgive a LOT after winning a long-awaited national championship.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.blackberry.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:56PM

ithacat
French Rage

And I'd be more than willing to forgive Davenport :)

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 07:04PM

French Rage
Well, he has given us three great years (even in '04, when his numbers were still pretty good), and players signing early does make the program look better and helps in the long term. Dont get me wrong, I'd like for him to stay all 4 years, but both paths have their pluses and minuses for the program. I'd be angry if a player came and left after one year, but he's already given us two years where we were a shot away from the FF, so no hard feelings here.
Having guys leave after 3 years is probably a net plus for the program because you get a lot of quality playing time out of the player and the recruiting buzz of folks that move on to the nxt level. A player that leaves after one is probably a net minus to the program because you don't get enough out of him to warrant the recruiting effort (with possible exceptions). Hard to say about a two year player (No Sasha, I don't want to have to decide...)

As a fan though, I'm still a little hurt anytime a player leaves early. Selfish? Sure. So what.

In McKee's case, I'm concerned about the goalie situation for next year, considering how little experience we will have on the roster. But we did pretty well last time we were faced with this type of situation. To David's credit, he made his decision early enough for the coaching staff to react. Given the recruiting, I'd imagine he told Schafer his intentions some time ago.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 07:11PM

KeithK
To David's credit, he made his decision early enough for the coaching staff to react. Given the recruiting, I'd imagine he told Schafer his intentions some time ago.

The McKees notified the Cornell coaching staff in late 2005 that it was unlikely that Dave would return...the final decision came this week.

The expectation is that he'll be with Anaheim through the playoff stretch this season, then spend next season in Portland.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 07:17PM

RatushnyFan
65 victories, just 13 behind Dryden. Had a shot for 95 victories. Must have been hard to leave that opportunity behind.

Don't forget the Maris asterisk that would be on that stat. Dryden had to sit out freshman year.

Posted by: 2tkCornell (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 07:36PM

Seems like Dallas was really interested (no surprise I guess):

[www.dallasnews.com]

Posted by: French Rage (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 09:30PM

KeithK
French Rage
Having guys leave after 3 years is probably a net plus for the program because you get a lot of quality playing time out of the player and the recruiting buzz of folks that move on to the nxt level. A player that leaves after one is probably a net minus to the program because you don't get enough out of him to warrant the recruiting effort (with possible exceptions). Hard to say about a two year player (No Sasha, I don't want to have to decide...)

As a fan though, I'm still a little hurt anytime a player leaves early. Selfish? Sure. So what.

In McKee's case, I'm concerned about the goalie situation for next year, considering how little experience we will have on the roster. But we did pretty well last time we were faced with this type of situation. To David's credit, he made his decision early enough for the coaching staff to react. Given the recruiting, I'd imagine he told Schafer his intentions some time ago.

Agree on all points.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 12:17AM

marty
RatushnyFan

Don't forget the Maris asterisk that would be on that stat. Dryden had to sit out freshman year.

Dryden's teams also put up about 7 goals per game for him.

I'm just sayin'...

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 12:24AM

Number of times Dryden (or the occasional other G) needed to allow < 2 goals for a win:

67: 1
68: 2
69: 3
------
All: 6

Number of times McKee needed to allow < 2 goals for a win:

04: 18
05: 12
06: 13
------
All: 43

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2006 12:28AM

For what it's worth, this got top billing on uscho. So at least we get good press for it...

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 12:46AM

ftyuv
For what it's worth, this got top billing on uscho. So at least we get good press for it...
Hope it's the last press we get for about six more months

Posted by: Steve M (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 02:56AM

calgARI '07
RatushnyFan
calgARI '07

Giguere is extremely overrated based on his unbelievable playoff run in 2003. As a result, he is ridiculously overpaid and Burke knows it. Burke is one of the best GMs in hockey and he isn't going to overpay for a guy like that, especially in the new salary cap world. Giguere has feuded with Coach Randy Carlyle on a couple of occasions this year and he was rumored to be on the move at the deadline. I don't know this for sure, but all these factors point to one thing: his imminent departure.

Ducks fan here. Giguere was bothered by a groin injury and was inconsistent before the Olympic break. Since then he's played extremely well (9-4-1), and his season stats make him a top 10 goalie. He is overpaid at $4 million/year, but if he puts up another great playoff performance, I doubt he'll be traded. The Ducks backup, Ilya Byrzgolov, has also played well, but there have been rumors he may want to return to Russia.

Anyway back to the main topic, I am seriously bummed that McKee isn't staying for his senior year. Just like with Shane Hynes, he's much more important to Cornell now than to Anaheim. But if he was going to sign somewhere, I'm glad it's with the Ducks. So Congratulations Dave. Good luck in Portland and I'll be at the Pond to cheer you on when you eventually make it to Anaheim.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 10:03AM

Townie
scoop85

he has had a great season in juniors. one of the top GAA and save %.

2003-04 Green Bay Gamblers USHL 49 1 0 0 2740 124 0 2 2.72 24 19 3 1294 0.913

edit:stats
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 10:14AM by The Rancor.

Posted by: The Rancor (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 10:10AM

bye bye!

i'm feeling a little bitter, because i feel he could do more staying at cornell than in the minors. oh well. say hell ot Hynes!

Date: April 01, 2006 01:48PM

McKee will be a third goalie with Anaheim (for some reason) and will be practicing with them today.

Posted by: mgl11 (---.pwayne01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 03:29PM

I could be wrong on this -- but I believe that free agent signees (who are signed after a certain date - perhaps the trade deadline) must remain with the parent club for the rest of the season. I don't think this applies to players actually drafted by the club. For some reason, I think this applied to Peter Sejna a few years back.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.waldrf01.md.comcast.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 04:57PM

On CHN in a story about the NCAA tournament Adam W wrote the following after discussing McKee signing with Anaheim:

Full Story here : [www.collegehockeynews.com]

[Q] However, there is another major force being exerted upon the players; a significant financial incentive.

The NHL is currently operating under a "transitionary" collective bargaining agreement. And while rookie salary caps and signing bonuses are lower than they used to be, they are still higher right now than they will be when the final CBA kicks in next summer.

Right now, players can get over $900,000/year to sign, plus up to a 30 percent signing bonus. Once the new CBA kicks in next year, players will only be able to get about $850,000/year, and a 10 percent signing bonus. [/Q]

If my math is correct, that's up to $235k more a player can make signing this year.

Best of luck to Dave!

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: April 01, 2006 06:26PM

marty
RatushnyFan

I know. It will be tough to catch his 3 year record and impossible to catch his winning %. But maybe we can experience a goalie with 90-100 wins someday. I meant to say above that McKee had a realistic shot for 90 victories, 95 would have been a stretch.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 10:34AM

good luck to dave on his pro hockey career. His mom was great to meet in albany and I wish the family success. It would have been nice to see him one more year to collect that extra banner next year. The more I think of players leaving early and the incentives to do so, especially this year with the transition in cba as mentioned above, I can understand it. McGahee knows about staying longer only to get injured.
best of luck!
Now to hope for a good one between the pipes next year. the team still has a shot to do a lot of damage

Posted by: canuck89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: April 02, 2006 12:19PM

Bills should have picked Larry Johnson instead of McGahee. At least LJ can speak a coherent sentence.

Posted by: Steve M (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 02:00PM

calgARI '07
McKee will be a third goalie with Anaheim (for some reason) and will be practicing with them today.

You're right.

[www.ocregister.com]

McKee was pursued by 8 teams, so it could be the Ducks added a clause that he has a roster spot for this year as extra incentive. The Ducks' roster has been only 22 players for most of the season. Since the NHL allows a 23 man roster and the Ducks are well below the salary cap now, they can carry McKee without sending anyone else down to Portland.

Date: April 02, 2006 02:17PM

Steve M

You're right.

[www.ocregister.com]

McKee was pursued by 8 teams, so it could be the Ducks added a clause that he has a roster spot for this year as extra incentive. The Ducks' roster has been only 22 players for most of the season. Since the NHL allows a 23 man roster and the Ducks are well below the salary cap now, they can carry McKee without sending anyone else down to Portland.

I think the spot on the roster must have been a huge factor in him choosing Anaheim, but there is no roster max after the trade deadline.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2006 02:58PM

what number is mckee going to be wearing in anaheim?

Posted by: Phil Abramowitz (---.lsanca.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: April 02, 2006 05:50PM

Durning the 2nd intermission of today's Ducks game, the Ducks broadcasting staff (including Brian Hayward) interviewed McKee for a couple of minutes. He will stay up with Anaheim all year..but doesn't expect to play. He expects to start next season in Portland.

Posted by: Omie (---.tvlres.jcu.edu.au)
Date: April 02, 2006 07:48PM

I read somewhere and I can't find the link at the moment that when NHL teams sign free agents they MUST play the remainder of their season with them. So Im guessing its a rule that McKee must play (or at least practice with) in Anaheim until the season ends and then can go to Portland.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 02, 2006 09:25PM

jy3
McGahee knows about staying longer only to get injured.

True, though I don't think the risk for a running back and a goalie are quite the same.

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 03, 2006 01:09AM

I'm gonna guess 41...

Posted by: gill (---.lax.megapath.net)
Date: April 03, 2006 01:54AM

wearing number 41 for certain

Posted by: MARooney (---.mintz.com)
Date: April 03, 2006 10:08AM

Colgate alum (Class of 2000) Andy McDonald is a star for Anaheim. He and McKee never faced each other in college, but it's always nice to see an ECAC connection in the pros . . .

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: April 04, 2006 04:25PM

[www.mightyducks.com]

The official generic press release from Anaheim's website. Although it is dated 4/1/06, it was just posted today.

Good Luck Dave.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: April 04, 2006 04:33PM

This season, he earned a 22-9-4 record with a 2.08 goals-against-average (GAA) and .910 save percentage (SV%), helping the Big Red to the 2006 Men’s Frozen Four Tournament. Cornell fell to Wisconsin in the second round, despite McKee’s career-high 59 saves in the 1-0 game (3 OT).

The NCAA field of 16 is now the "Frozen Four Tournament"?! I don't think so.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 04, 2006 10:06PM

ithacat
jy3
McGahee knows about staying longer only to get injured.

True, though I don't think the risk for a running back and a goalie are quite the same.

quite true, but you never know

Posted by: redGrinch (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 10:44PM

According to NHLPA (http://www.nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerSearchV2.asp?OIDTeam=8375), he signed for $850k. no mention of the signing bonus.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2006 11:09PM

wow...$850k? Is that over the life of his 2 year contract? Seeing how he is joining at the end of the season, does that mean he's making $850k for the rest of this season? And another 850k next season?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: April 05, 2006 11:11PM

Jason L
wow...$850k? Is that over the life of his 2 year contract? Seeing how he is joining at the end of the season, does that mean he's making $850k for the rest of this season? And another 850k next season?

Pretty sure that's per year. And pretty sure it'd be prorated for whatever portion of this year that he played.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 05, 2006 11:59PM

DeltaOne81
Jason L

Pretty sure that's per year. And pretty sure it'd be prorated for whatever portion of this year that he played.
Zow. Forget sending my future children to college, I'm breeding a hockey team.

Posted by: dm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: April 06, 2006 01:14AM

David McKee is already making his mark on the Anaheim Mighty Ducks as he is the team leader in one category:

[www.nhlpa.com]

Date: April 06, 2006 02:05AM

screwy

Date: April 06, 2006 10:22AM

DeltaOne81
Jason L

Is it a two-way contract, or does he get that money regardless of whether he makes the roster at the start of next season?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: April 08, 2006 06:05PM

canuck89
screwy

Simple math?

Date: April 09, 2006 01:10AM

I'm sure benchwarmers are factored into sports stats everywhere (read with sarcasm). For example, there was a reason Chabot did not make CSTV's lowest GAA for goaltenders even when it was ~ 1.7. I think the fact that he played a little over 1 game in total minutes excluded him from the main stats page. It is true that Dave's numbers are correct (by "simple math";), but that does not mean the anaheim website should advertise him as their best goalie in that specific category. laugh

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login