Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Any word on McKee's nagging injury?

Posted by bjybjy 
Any word on McKee's nagging injury?
Posted by: bjybjy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 03:32AM

Coach said earlier in the year that McKee had some sort of nagging injury that he wouldn't talk about until after the season ended, and that people wouldn't believe it. At least thats what I remember reading. Has anybody heard any further explanation?

-Tad
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2006 03:36AM by bjybjy.

Re: Any word on McKee's nagging injury?
Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:29AM

i thought he was referring to the team, not sure if dave was included. i have not heard anything

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 08:55AM

Season's not fully over. Moulson is still in the F4 skills competition.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 09:51AM

IM me

(is that fully played out or does it still work?)

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 09:54AM

RatushnyFan
IM me

(is that fully played out or does it still work?)

It's PM me. It probably is played out, but that hasn't stopped inside jokes from lasting a lot longer.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 09:54AM

bjybjy
Coach said earlier in the year that McKee had some sort of nagging injury that he wouldn't talk about until after the season ended, and that people wouldn't believe it. At least thats what I remember reading. Has anybody heard any further explanation?

I don't expect any kind of wide release of the information even if it really exists. Especially after the kind of game McKee had on Sunday, probably the last thing Schafer would want is to risk looking like a whiner or like he's making excuses when none are needed.

Anyway, I still have trouble understanding why it's so important to people to know the specifics of player injuries. In my personal opinion, if you're not willing to approach the player himself and ask him to his face to get the information, the information is probably none of your business.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2006 09:56AM by Beeeej.

Date: March 30, 2006 09:56AM

Beeeej
Anyway, I still have trouble understanding why it's so important to people to know the specifics of player injuries. In my personal opinion, if you're not willing to approach the player himself and ask him to his face to get the information, the information is none of your business.

You forget the thirties of dollars riding on moving the betting line of an NCAA hockey game.

Posted by: mgl11 (198.16.0.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 11:00AM

it's all about the hamiltons...

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 11:18AM

Beeeej
Anyway, I still have trouble understanding why it's so important to people to know the specifics of player injuries. In my personal opinion, if you're not willing to approach the player himself and ask him to his face to get the information, the information is probably none of your business.

Schafer is the one that brought it up.

Date: March 30, 2006 11:20AM

nyc94
Schafer is the one that brought it up.

Specifically about McKee? I didn't (and don't) recall that.

It still doesn't obligate him to disclose fully, and I don't think he ever meant there would be a big moment of clarity for all of us when the information came pouring out.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.oracorp.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 11:40AM

"Nagging injury"? Wait, McKee got injured by nagging somebody?? nut

Date: March 30, 2006 11:43AM

fenwick
"Nagging injury"? Wait, McKee got injured by nagging somebody?? nut

I have a dream. Wives, everywhere, in traction...

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 30, 2006 12:03PM

I think this is probably the quote you are remembering...

[Q]"I don't disclose injuries very often, but I will disclose them after the season's over, and I think [people will] be amazed what this hockey team is going through" [/Q]
[www.cornellsun.com]

I remember people speculated at the time that perhaps Schafer was refering to McKee (among others). But, I'm almost certain that coach never said anything about McKee specifically.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 12:07PM

"I don't disclose injuries very often, but I will disclose them after the season's over, and I think [people will] be amazed what this hockey team is going through."
Beeeej
It still doesn't obligate him to disclose fully, and I don't think he ever meant there would be a big moment of clarity for all of us when the information came pouring out.
To me that sounds like a big moment of clarity. I'm hoping Schafer makes good on his promise to disclose the injuries, although I realize that he's not *obligated* to do so. Should still be pretty interesting. I wonder when/how it will happen? Sun article after the FF?

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 12:34PM

[q]Anyway, I still have trouble understanding why it's so important to people to know the specifics of player injuries. In my personal opinion, if you're not willing to approach the player himself and ask him to his face to get the information, the information is probably none of your business. [/q]Some of us really don't have any opportunity to approach the players and ask him to his face. Well, I suppose I could book a ticket to Ithaca and then show up at Dunbars some night in April to confront one of the guys (maybe with program in hand so I know who is who). But that's pushing it.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 12:44PM

KeithK
(maybe with program in hand so I know who is who).
Slightly OT: it's amazing what watching warmups by the glass a few times a year does for my familiarity with the players. I can actually recognize most of their faces now. Of course I understand the logistical problem you have with this potential solution. :)

Kyle

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 30, 2006 12:53PM

mgl11

Shouldn't that be the Alexanders?

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: ugarte (---.z065105093.nyc-ny.dsl.cnc.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 01:10PM

jtwcornell91
mgl11

Someone hasn't seen Lazy Sunday.

Date: March 30, 2006 02:02PM

ugarte
jtwcornell91
mgl11

Someone hasn't seen Lazy Sunday.

I've never even heard of Lazy Sunday. I thought you were being original. I am now deeply disappointed. :-/

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 02:36PM

Trotsky

I've never even heard of Lazy Sunday. I thought you were being original. I am now deeply disappointed. :-/

An SNL short from this season. Rather inspired, but it unfortunately it's online popularity has created dozens of annoying copycat white-rap videos on the interwebs.

[www.nbc.com]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2006 02:42PM by RichH.

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 03:29PM

Beeeej
bjybjy

I don't expect any kind of wide release of the information even if it really exists. Especially after the kind of game McKee had on Sunday, probably the last thing Schafer would want is to risk looking like a whiner or like he's making excuses when none are needed.

Beeeej

It's called gossip. The human species covets it. I'm pretty sure the cro-magnon cave painting was just a way of saying "Ook would have killed that Bison if it wasn't for his nagging hamstring."

If there is a god, I'm pretty sure he just created us because he wanted someone to gossip with.

Posted by: fullofgas (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 03:41PM

I bet he'll at least allude to it at the upcoming team banquet at the North Forty.

Date: March 30, 2006 03:58PM

schoaff
It's called gossip. The human species covets it. I'm pretty sure the cro-magnon cave painting was just a way of saying "Ook would have killed that Bison if it wasn't for his nagging hamstring."

If it was the Bison, I'm sure the spear would have gone wide right.

Posted by: littleredfan (170.148.92.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 04:28PM

Best line from Lazy Sunday
They be callin' me Aaron Burr by the way I'm dropping Hamiltons..

Or something to that effect

Date: March 30, 2006 05:00PM

RichH
Trotsky

An SNL short from this season. Rather inspired, but it unfortunately it's online popularity has created dozens of annoying copycat white-rap videos on the interwebs.
People still watch SNL?

2005 - 2006 Team
Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 05:04PM

My interest at this point is how the team seemed to be so healthy in Green Bay after so many obvious and not so obvious injuries. It really put both an exclamation point and a question mark on the season.

For that weekend they looked like the team of 2005 (or maybe even a bit better). It was a tribute to them all and to "the system".

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 05:17PM

KeithK
RichH
Trotsky

People still watch SNL?

I almost posted the same thing! nut

Date: March 30, 2006 05:22PM

KeithK
People still watch SNL?

The short films and parody commercials, mostly by new guy Andy Samberg, have made it at least somewhat worthwhile this season. The Lettuce Growers Association commercial is worth tracking down, too.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 05:25PM

I saw the night with "Lazy Sunday" and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the skit. To paraphrase "Dumb and dumber", so there's still a chance that you can find something clever on there. :-) I hadn't seen an SNL episode in about 2 years, so I thought it was pretty funny that you happened to discuss this one episode.

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: March 30, 2006 05:42PM

Trotsky
If it was the Bison, I'm sure the spear would have gone wide right.

Hey, don't go picking on the Bills.

Posted by: canuck89 (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:23PM

Oh... poor Norwood. That bastard fucked up so badly, I wish I knew where he lived. :-(

Posted by: bjybjy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:29PM

canuck89
Oh... poor Norwood. That bastard fucked up so badly, I wish I knew where he lived. :-(

I believe he owns a used car lot in like South Carolina. It was in Sports Illustrated a year or two ago.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:52PM

This thread drift makes me cry :`(

I did see something of interest to this topic in the hotel in Wisconsin, but I'll wait for Schafer to announce anything if he wants. I can't imagine it's a big deal (and what I saw could be a really minor thing) but I wouldn't want people to stal... I mean notice every injury I have and report it to a large forum.

And I am not accepting any PMs for details. ;-)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 06:58PM

cth95
I saw the night with "Lazy Sunday" and was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the skit. To paraphrase "Dumb and dumber", so there's still a chance that you can find something clever on there. :-) I hadn't seen an SNL episode in about 2 years, so I thought it was pretty funny that you happened to discuss this one episode.

SNL is out of its doldrums from the mid to late 90s that inspired the start of Mad TV. I'm sure its no where near the classic early days, and its virtually a given that they'll have one or two sketches a night that you just want to end. But they also have their share of funny things too, and occassionally strike gold. There's not too much else on at 11:30 on a Saturday, so I'll take my chances.

If you don't want to use that time, its at least worth your effort to tue it at at 12:10am and wait a few minutes for Weekend Update, which has been funny again since they realized that its better to have comedians with delivery do it.

One more very funny skit from the past few months that's been floating around the web:
[www.devilducky.com]

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 07:45PM

I thought Lazy Sunday was the most overrated bit of all time.

I finally saw it some 3 or 4 weeks after the fact after I couldn't ignore all the references and all the kowtowing to what was propped up to be the funniest skit of all time.

Sure, some parts were funny, but given the hype, I was thoroughly disappointed. (Although if that is the funniest thing coming out of the show these days, I was glad it reinforced why I never find myself watching SNL).

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 30, 2006 07:46PM

Tub(a)
This thread drift makes me cry :`(

I did see something of interest to this topic in the hotel in Wisconsin, but I'll wait for Schafer to announce anything if he wants. I can't imagine it's a big deal (and what I saw could be a really minor thing) but I wouldn't want people to stal... I mean notice every injury I have and report it to a large forum.
If the hockey players don't want to be stalked, they really chose the wrong school. We're a whole university full of raving fangirls. Including the males. It's probably mentioned in the recruiting packet.

And I am not accepting any PMs for details. ;-)
I'll PM your mom for details...

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 09:57PM

schoaff
If there is a god, I'm pretty sure he just created us because he wanted someone to gossip with.
I think it was so that they'd have others to gossip about.

Posted by: David Harding (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: March 30, 2006 10:19PM

las224

"I don't disclose injuries very often, but I will disclose them after the season's over, and I think [people will] be amazed what this hockey team is going through."
Beeeej
To me that sounds like a big moment of clarity. I'm hoping Schafer makes good on his promise to disclose the injuries, although I realize that he's not *obligated* to do so. Should still be pretty interesting. I wonder when/how it will happen? Sun article after the FF?
When Schafer said that, a lot of people ran down the list of players who had not been performing up to expectations but had not missed games due to injuries. McKee stood out as a likely possibility. Several people have commented on his seeming to move awkwardly, as though favoring some part of his body.

Date: March 31, 2006 10:51AM

canuck89

The Bills had about a zillion other chances to win that game that they blew royally. His just happened to be the last and the most memorable. I feel awful for the guy and can't even imagine what his life must've been like after that.

And I'm a Bills fan (or at least I was until they kept dicking Flutie around).

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: Drew (199.43.48.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 11:10AM

A lot like Bill Buckner's, I'm sure.

Date: March 31, 2006 02:18PM

Drew

As a Mets fan, I agree Buckner got the worst rap in history. Not only shouldn't he even have been out there on his bum knees, which is all on McNamara, but it was the Sox relief (Stanley and Schiraldi?) that blew the lead, and Mookie Wilson's refusal to go down with two strikes that won it.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 02:19PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hortonpv.ul.warwick.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:19PM

While I'm a Giants fan, it amazes me that people never seem to remember that the kick was 48 yards, and it just missed to the right. I have always thought that the way the Bills moved the ball on that drive, they really should have been able to get 10 yards closer.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 31, 2006 02:24PM

Well, apparently McKee's "nagging injury" was not to the hand he uses to sign his name. :`( . This is the aspect of a successful program that I dislike. I wish our players would stay for all four years, but I do realize they have to do what they think is best for their lives and aspirations.

pfibiger
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=160746&hubname=

The Anaheim Mighty Ducks dipped into the U.S. college system for their latest signing.

TSN has learned the Ducks have signed highly coveted Cornell University goalie and Hobie Baker finalist David McKee.

In 35 games this year, McKee has 22 wins with a 2.08 GAA and a.910 save percentage with three shutouts.

McKee was sought after by four other teams. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Date: March 31, 2006 02:32PM

TSN has learned the Ducks have signed highly coveted Cornell University goalie and Hobie Baker finalist David McKee.
Hobie? Good luck in the pros, Dave. You gave us a couple of great years.

Date: March 31, 2006 02:34PM

EDIT: Moved to the McKee thread...

Date: March 31, 2006 02:57PM

ugarte

Hobie? Good luck in the pros, Dave. You gave us a couple of great years.

A couple?

We've come a long way when out of

16-10-6, 1.84 .920
27-5-3, 1.24, .947
22-9-4, 2.08, .910

we only get two great years, unless you mean it in the sense of two great years plus one Utterly Unbelievable Year.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 31, 2006 03:01PM

I think he was, perhaps, not being quite as literal with "a couple" as you. ugarte, better change your post to "a few" before he comes to one of your acts and starts throwing fruit.

Date: March 31, 2006 03:05PM

CowbellGuy
I think he was, perhaps, not being quite as literal with "a couple" as you. ugarte, better change your post to "a few" before he comes to one of your acts and starts throwing fruit.

Any publicity is good publicity.

Date: March 31, 2006 03:06PM

First of all, I thought I edited the post enough to delete it so that this would appear once. Greg should be gettin' all pedantic over on the "McKee signs" thread.

Second, dude, (hahaha) Age is right that I use "couple" in the liberal sense of the word. Still, as good as his frosh numbers were, for whatever reason, he underwhelmed me that year . Residual LeNevitis, I imagine. So even using the strict definition I wasn't exactly thanking him for the freshman year performance - though I probably should have been.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 03:07PM by ugarte.

Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 31, 2006 03:09PM

Trotsky
CowbellGuy

Any publicity is good publicity.

And hey...free food. At least ugarte won't be a starving comic. Nor will he have scurvy.

Date: March 31, 2006 03:10PM

ugarte
Age is right that I use "couple" in the liberal sense of the word

Liberal? That's practically Socialist.

2 + 2 = 6. Roughly.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 31, 2006 04:23PM

Trotsky
Drew

As a Mets fan, I agree Buckner got the worst rap in history. Not only shouldn't he even have been out there on his bum knees, which is all on McNamara, but it was the Sox relief (Stanley and Schiraldi?) that blew the lead, and Mookie Wilson's refusal to go down with two strikes that won it.
And also, you know, GAME SEVEN. It really is an awful lot to pile on one play by Buckner.

Date: March 31, 2006 05:09PM

jmh30
Trotsky
Drew

And also, you know, GAME SEVEN. It really is an awful lot to pile on one play by Buckner.
Yeah, but he had a B on his cap. So it's all good.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 31, 2006 06:45PM

KeithK

I actually kinda liked the B on the cap until I lived in Boston.

(shiver)

Never again.

Date: March 31, 2006 06:56PM

Trotsky
KeithK

(shiver)

Never again.
Looks much better when it's a lighter blue with a white "B". :-D

Date: March 31, 2006 07:10PM

jmh30
Trotsky
KeithK

(shiver)

Never again.
Looks much better when it's a lighter blue with a white "B". :-D
Oh, you mean the Braves? Still Boston:

(1944 Boston Braves, [www.baseballhalloffame.org])
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2006 07:11PM by KeithK.

Date: March 31, 2006 09:16PM

KeithK
Oh, you mean the Braves? Still Boston:
I was thinking more like:

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: April 01, 2006 02:57PM

Rita
Well, apparently McKee's "nagging injury" was not to the hand he uses to sign his name. :`( .

Ha! Wasn't his hand bandaged up in Albany?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login