Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

preparing for CC

Posted by min 
preparing for CC
Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 02:53PM

Colorado College has two Hobey Baker hopefuls, including last year's winner, Marty Sertich. But they also have 15 losses, and a first round exit at home during the WCHA playoffs. In the area of record against common opponents (e.g. Union, Minnestota Duluth, and Michigan State), CC's record is 5-1-0 while that of Cornell is 2-2-1.

What are the keys to the game? Does Cornell match up well with CC (aka how worried should I be)? How can Cornell regain its confidence, scoring, composure, etc. back?

Just looking for some thoughtful analysis, that's all. Thanks.

Re: preparing for CC
Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 20, 2006 03:01PM

There's some surprisingly insightful and non-arrogant analysis in the Cornell-CC thread on the USCHO Board.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 03:09PM

These quotes from Mike Schafer are taken from today's Ithaca Journal:
“There were a couple of power play goals that we didn't react very well to,” Schafer said. “The players and myself included were upset with the way things were going. We didn't play with much discipline early on. We had opportunities to get back in the game, and the fourth goal was kind of a killer.

“On the national scale, we are going to have to be very disciplined. (Colorado College) is a team that is not very big up front. We are going to have to move our feet, not take penalties.

“The preparation down the stretch, playing Clarkson (and) Colgate, and obviously Harvard is great preparation going into the tournament,” Schafer added. “We have had a lot of tough games, and it will be exciting.”

I think that Cornell players moving their feet on defense will be extraordinarily important. If they don't do that, they'll commit a lot of restraining infractions and spend too much of the game killing penalties--not something Cornell wants to do against Colorado College's excellent offense and power play.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 03:52PM

Beeeej
There's some surprisingly insightful and non-arrogant analysis in the Cornell-CC thread on the USCHO Board.

Beeeej

Thanks for the tip. Learned a few things from the USCHO board (before the discussion got degenerated by the comments of one whiny RPI fan). I feel better about what to expect now.

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 04:11PM

min
Beeeej

Beeeej

Thanks for the tip. Learned a few things from the USCHO board (before the discussion got degenerated by the comments of one whiny RPI fan). I feel better about what to expect now.

I wonder if TBone (the RPI fan) is the same person that posted here as "Ted Donato".

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 06:35PM

nyc94
I wonder if TBone (the RPI fan) is the same person that posted here as "Ted Donato".

Based on the IP address, I'm guessing that "Ted Donato" is the Union fan that got a ton of unfair abuse from young, drunk Cornell fans (PM me if you want to know who it was... ;-):-P) in Pagliacci's after we beat Colgate. The guy seemed like one of those quiet types that was smart enough to ignore the insults as long as possible but he clearly wasn't happy with it. A few of us apologized to him and to a Clarkson fan.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 08:00PM

TBone is a 57 year old virgin. If you have a beef, direct it to someone's face, not in a whiny message board rant.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 08:30PM

cbuckser
These quotes from Mike Schafer are taken from today's Ithaca Journal:
“There were a couple of power play goals that we didn't react very well to,” Schafer said. “The players and myself included were upset with the way things were going. We didn't play with much discipline early on. We had opportunities to get back in the game, and the fourth goal was kind of a killer.

“On the national scale, we are going to have to be very disciplined. (Colorado College) is a team that is not very big up front. We are going to have to move our feet, not take penalties.

“The preparation down the stretch, playing Clarkson (and) Colgate, and obviously Harvard is great preparation going into the tournament,” Schafer added. “We have had a lot of tough games, and it will be exciting.”

I think that Cornell players moving their feet on defense will be extraordinarily important. If they don't do that, they'll commit a lot of restraining infractions and spend too much of the game killing penalties--not something Cornell wants to do against Colorado College's excellent offense and power play.

If they stand still long enough, Pokoluk, O'Byrne, Gleed and Seminoff could knock them flat. That's a big if.

Is there a premium content area of cornellbigred.com where you could, say, get a Webcast of what Schafer really was saying to the team? It's probably more inspirational then what he told the Journal.

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 08:42PM

billhoward
Is there a premium content area of cornellbigred.com where you could, say, get a Webcast of what Schafer really was saying to the team? It's probably more inspirational then what he told the Journal.

I can't wait for eLynah Extra... :-P

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 08:45PM

atb9
billhoward

I can't wait for eLynah Extra... :-P

I'm pretty jazzed by Age's Lynah architectural photos series. [lynahfaithful.com] I mean, there are time-wasters and there are time wasters. Guilty on all counts.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login