Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Green Bay Regional

Posted by Rita 
Green Bay Regional
Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 19, 2006 11:15AM

I'm going and driving from Lafayette, IN. Willing to help transport any Lynah Faithful from Central IN (i.e. if you can get a good deal on a flight into INDY) or Chicago.

I can take 1 or 2 people. The games are Saturday/Sunday. First game is at 1:30 Central time.

Email or PM for details.
(rmonde@purdue.edu)

Re: Green Bay Regional
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 11:21AM

I haven't figured how I'm getting there, yet, but I've got my ticket: Section 202, Row C, seat 13.

But hopefully, I'll be able to sit in the Cornell section like last year.

LGR!

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 11:52AM

Seats for me:

Section 225 Row Y Seats 3-4

Link to ticket page:

[ev9.evenue.net]

Seating Chart:

Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 19, 2006 11:53AM

I'm in MEZZ 225 row Z seat 9. Also hoping to sit in the Cornell Section.

Date: March 19, 2006 12:00PM

For those of you coming from SE PA or S. Jersey, I found a decent fare from Philly on Southwest to Chicago (Midway) - $255.

Other than that, it was $400 to Milwaukee and $500+ to GB - both on Midwest Airlines from either Newark or Philly.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:05PM

Another one I found:

I searched NWA.com for LGA to Milwaukee, and they have $227 promo fares. You leave Friday morning, return Monday afternoon or evening. Some long layovers mixed in there, but you can't beat the price.

I can't possibly take both Friday and Monday off, so enjoy!

LET'S GO RED!!

Posted by: underskill (---.hsd1.tn.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:09PM

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 19, 2006 03:28PM

Next question: Where to stay? Does anyone have any leads (preferably with free internet)? The Best Western right near the arena is all booked.

It does seem that the hockey rink-Resch Center is right next door to "The Frozen Tundra". So that settles the "what to do on Sunday morning question", at least for me :-). They have stadium tours on Sunday March 26th, and the packer hall of fame opens at 9:00 am anyone interested?
[www.packers.com]. They do have group tours and pricing for 20 or more.

Date: March 19, 2006 04:54PM

Rita
Next question: Where to stay? Does anyone have any leads (preferably with free internet)? The Best Western right near the arena is all booked.

It does seem that the hockey rink-Resch Center is right next door to "The Frozen Tundra". So that settles the "what to do on Sunday morning question", at least for me :-). They have stadium tours on Sunday March 26th, and the packer hall of fame opens at 9:00 am anyone interested?

The Days Inn near the Resch Ctr. is also booked.

I booked a room at the Motel 6 off the Shawano Ave. exit of Rte. 41. $30/nite. What can I say...I'm cheap. I doubt they have internet, tho.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 04:57PM

Jeff Hopkins '82
Rita

The Days Inn near the Resch Ctr. is also booked.

I booked a room at the Motel 6 off the Shawano Ave. exit of Rte. 41. $30/nite. What can I say...I'm cheap. I doubt they have internet, tho.

Hotwire shows some options in Green Bay around 60/night and others southwest of the city cheaper.

Hotwire is always a crapshoot, but it can certainly save you money. www.betterbidding.com might be able to help out, but I doubt they have much info on Green Bay hotels.

Posted by: elliotb (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 06:40PM

I also booked a room at the Motel6. It's got two beds, so if anyone wants to split it, that's fine with me.

Date: March 19, 2006 09:37PM

I got a room at the Baymont Inn, 2 miles from the Resch Center on South Oneida Street. AAA rate of $65/night and free continental breakfast, high-speed internet and in-room coffee maker/ water heater for tea :-).

Posted by: jer44 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 10:41PM

Ack and I just booked a great deal through travelocity's last minute packages for Saturday-Monday (Saturday and Sunday night hotel stay). The hotel is 30 minutes away from the rink, however. We are wondering if anyone with car access is willing to stay with us in Appleton for very cheap.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 10:39AM

Does anyone know if the band is going?

The Cornell ticket office is still working out the details, but they think tickets will go on sale Tuesday (3/21) -- around noon.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.research.cornell.edu)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:14AM

Anne 85
That's the plan, but it all depends on the bus company's availability. :-P

Posted by: mrs63 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:23AM

I'm surprised I haven't seen the avalanche of messages in this thread like we saw last year for Minnesota. I've got family out in GB so I'll be going (no lodging/rental car fees, whoohoo!)... but is anyone else making the trip out?

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:32AM

i wish we could. might not be able to listen to the game or watch it live :(
we shall see.

some places to get cheap flights/hotels
flights:
mobissimo.com - does not search jet blue, iair, southwest.
priceline is always worth a check
hotwire
orbitz, travelocity, etc.

hotels:
same as above + hotels.com

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.rtp.epa.gov)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:39AM

I'll add kayak.com to that list. They're my favorite site for travel.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:46AM

From NYC, MSP for $200 and perfect flight schedules last year was almost a no-brainer. Unfortunately, Green Bay is a couple of degrees tougher than Minnesota to get to, and get to for a reasonable amount.

I'm taking the "I'd rather not spend $400+ to go West again to see us lose, but in the chance we make it through the regional, I'm ready to spring for Milwaukee" mentality.

Posted by: ajec1 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 20, 2006 04:25PM

Anne 85

We will be there in force... well, as forceful as one can be with 25 people after a 16 hour bus ride. While this trip is not as financially straining (or unprecendented) as the Minnesota trip last year, the band would be eternally grateful to anyone who wants to help us out financially. I would be more than willing to ship you a Live At Lynah CD if you would like. At the risk of drawing the ire of eLynah, you can PM me for details on how to donate.

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 21, 2006 06:39AM

I seem to remember the details on how to donate to the pep band were posted last year and contrary to drawing any ire were quite welcome.

Donating to the Pep Band
Posted by: ajec1 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 21, 2006 11:40AM

Actually, my comments were directed towards the "PMing" issue. Thankfully that seems to have blown over.... If you are interested in donating, you can use the following link:

[www.alumni.cornell.edu]

Again, we would be forever grateful to you if you were to donate! Thanks and hopefully we will see you all in Green Bay (a town that really has NO IDEA what is about to hit it :-D )!

Re: Green Bay Regional Tickets
Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: March 21, 2006 12:03PM

Just called Cornell ticket office and got two that will be left at "Will Call" for me.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: March 21, 2006 07:59PM

FYI, the Cornell ticket office can't send tickets to Will Call in Green Bay (the rink won't allow it), so you have to either pick up the tickets in Ithaca or pay to have them sent via FedEx.

Date: March 21, 2006 08:15PM

Anne 85
FYI, the Cornell ticket office can't send tickets to Will Call in Green Bay (the rink won't allow it), so you have to either pick up the tickets in Ithaca or pay to have them sent via FedEx.
Thanks for making sure I knew that. They did leave me a message this afternoon saying that the "Will Call" option wasn't going to be available, but by the time I was able to pick up the message they were closed for the day.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 21, 2006 11:25PM

I know it's a bit late in the process, but Midwest had the lowest fares from Boston.

Re: Green Bay Regional_New NWA cyberfare
Date: March 22, 2006 01:53AM

[cybersavers.lastminute-packages.com]

The weekly Northwest airline cyberfare newsletter just arrived in my email box. Thought I would put this out there for anyone still trying to decide to go or not. Airfare/hotel for < $300.

Date: March 22, 2006 12:02PM

Tickets are on sale until 3pm today, Wed.
Apparently there are still a fair amount left, so please come if you can.
If you were in Minnesota last year you know how much fun it was and how vocal our small group was. If you weren't there last year, this is your chance. The team can use all the support we can possibly give it.

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login