Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

NCAA Tournament on tv

Posted by cbuckser 
NCAA Tournament on tv
Posted by: cbuckser (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:07PM

For at least the last week or two, the NCAA has listed the television stations that plan to carry the various NCAA Tournament regional games on ESPN syndication. This list of clearances does not show which games ESPNU will show.

[www.ncaasports.com]

Edit: These are the channels on which we can watch the Colorado College-Cornell game live:
Altitude Sports & Entertainment (DirecTV channel 644, Dish Network channel 410) until 9 pm EST
Fox Sports Net North-Minnesota (DirecTV channel 641, Dish Network channel 436) until 8 pm EST
Fox Sports Net North-Wisconsin (DirecTV channel 642, Dish Network 445) until the game ends
Time Warner (Ithaca & Syracuse areas) channel 26 until the game ends
Time Warner (Albany) channel 1
Charter-St. Louis channel 21
Cox-Oklahoma City channel 7
Cox-Tulsa channel 78
Metro Sports Network???

These are the channels on which we can watch the Midwest Regional final live:
ESPNU (DirecTV channel 609, Dish Network channel 148)
Altitude Sports & Entertainment (DirecTV channel 644, Dish Network channel 410)
Comcast Sportsnet West (DirecTV channel 656, Dish Network channel 409)
Fox Sports Net North-Wisconsin (DirecTV channel 642, Dish Network 449)
Time Warner channel 26 (Ithaca & Syracuse areas)
CN8 (New England)
Comcast Michigan channel 8
Comcast Sports Southeast
Charter-St. Louis channel 21
Cox-New England channel 3
Cox-Oklahoma City channel 7
Cox-Tulsa channel 78
Cox-Louisiana
KFXF (Fairbanks)
Mediacom (Iowa)
Metro Sports Network (Kansas City)
Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2006 01:28AM by cbuckser.

Re: NCAA Tournament on tv
Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:13PM

Thanks.

Good to see CN8 pick up some games, including the Green Bay final. I do believe they stream their video free online...

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:30PM

I see our friends at Altitude will have some games. Here are some lessons from last year, when the MN regional was carried exclusively by Altitude. Hillel, feel free to chime in with your experiences. Altitude Sports IS on the personal home direct TV sports pack. Last year, Altitude was NOT on the Direct TV package that the sport bars get, it is an ala carte option. So unless your neighbor sports bar has a huge Denver Nuggets fan base, chances are that they won't get it.

Sports bars can add on Altitude for a month for $50 or $75 dollars.

[www.altitude.tv]

IIRC, last year the TV schedule was announced on Tuesday afternoon, but you can begin to figure out somethings ahead of time. Monday and Tuesday, when there is no NC$$ basketball, you might want to call or stop in your local sports bar to see if they get Altitude. I posted the link to the website so you can check their program schedule. If they don't get it, you might want to talk to the manager and possibly offer to pay some of the 1-month add on cost. That worked for me last year.

The people at Altitude, especially Charlotte, were WONDERFUL.
CSTV could learn a heck of a lot about customer service from the fine staff at Altitude. They gave us the low down on the satellite feeds (they also had an "Alternate feed";) and how to find out which, if any, of the feeds our local bar was getting and how to confirm that people's home Direct TV package was also working.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2006 11:32PM by Rita.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 02:39AM

CSTV cashed out when it sold to CBS. It's sometimes natural to let customer sat be the new buyer's problem ... you're busy at it is finding someone reliable to detail your Ferrari.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 08:06AM

billhoward
CSTV cashed out when it sold to CBS. It's sometimes natural to let customer sat be the new buyer's problem ... you're busy at it is finding someone reliable to detail your Ferrari.
Or rebuild your engine.:-P

Posted by: rmandel (72.54.9.---)
Date: March 19, 2006 03:26PM

As of now (3/19/06), the NCAA website is listing two Cox affiliates in Oklahoma as the only stations cleared for live TV coverage of Cornell's first round game. ESPNU will be broadcasting the Northeast regional final at 6PM, so they won't be showing our game.

Like last year, we'll have to keep our fingers crossed and wait out the week for more clearances. Hopefully channels will clear that can be accessed through DirectTV or the Dish Network.

Posted by: Josh 03 (---.dover01.de.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 03:44PM

Also, please keep your ears peeled and keep me posted as to satellite coordinates. Last year versus Ohio State, if I remember correctly, the game didn't come on Altitude Alternate at the time we were expecting, and we had a bar full of upset Cornell fans. But the bar had an old fashioned satellite dish, and as I was armed with the Ithaca Time Warner satellite coordinates, the manager was able to pick up the game through that. If we have the satellite coordinates, I know folks in DC will be set.

Posted by: Robin (---.dhcp.oxfr.ma.charter.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 04:10PM

I have not personally verified this. but someone has told me that after searching tv.yahoo.com they found this for the game next week in GreenBay:

Fox Sports North 2 #641 on direct tv (out of minneapolis) on Saturday at 5:30pm

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 04:14PM

Robin
I have not personally verified this. but someone has told me that after searching tv.yahoo.com they found this for the game next week in GreenBay:

Fox Sports North 2 #641 on direct tv (out of minneapolis) on Saturday at 5:30pm
Thanks!! Here's the Fox Sports North schedule page:

[msn.foxsports.com]

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 05:20PM

directv does show channel 641 with the GB regional game at 5:30 next sat according to the programming guide..

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 05:43PM

Some-Access has coded the audio broadcast of the game as "free."

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 06:19PM

Now if I can only figure out which Fox sports channels I get on my crappy cable..... help

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 06:42PM

marty
Now if I can only figure out which Fox sports channels I get on my crappy cable..... help

Almost certainly only your local one - i.e. FSNY.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 07:45PM

upperdeck
directv does show channel 641 with the GB regional game at 5:30 next sat according to the programming guide..
which channel is this?
looks like it is fsn and service is blacked out for us now...wonder if it will be there on saturday :)

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 07:56PM

DeltaOne81
marty

Almost certainly only your local one - i.e. FSNY.
With digital cable you might get some of the fox college channels.

Posted by: rmandel (---.z195-93-67.customer.algx.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 08:02PM

Fox Sports - Wisconsin is also showing the Midwest QF#2 at 5:30 PM on their Saturday schedule. I don't know if this is available through Direct TV.

Date: March 19, 2006 08:34PM

jy3
upperdeck
which channel is this?
looks like it is fsn and service is blacked out for us now...wonder if it will be there on saturday :)

They're currently showing Minnesota Wild hockey. So it will be blacked out if you're not in the Minnesota area. Check back at 9:30 or 10 and it should be fine. If you get the Sports Pack, that is.

Date: March 19, 2006 08:41PM

rmandel
Fox Sports - Wisconsin is also showing the Midwest QF#2 at 5:30 PM on their Saturday schedule. I don't know if this is available through Direct TV.
Typically, if Fox Sports Net North - Wisconsin shows a different game than Fox Sports Net North - Minnesota, then DirecTV and Dish Network will air the FSNN-WI broadcast. I'm not sure what will happen with this game: FSNN-MN will carry the regional from 5:30 to 8:00, but at 8:00 a Wild-Sharks game begins. At that point, the FSNN-MN feed will be blacked out outside of the MN viewing area. Hopefully, the FSNN-WI will be carried separately.

It couldn't hurt to e-mail one's satellite provider urging that it use one of its many regional sports network alternate channels for FSNN-WI. Also, an e-mail to Altitude suggesting that it carry its local team's game on its alternate channel might increase the likelihood that we'll be able to watch the entire CC-Cornell game on tv.

Date: March 19, 2006 08:52PM

FS North 2, aka: FS North-Wisc, is typically on 642 on DirecTV.

However, its a good question as to what happens if the game runs long with the Wild scheduled next.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2006 09:47PM by DeltaOne81.

Ithaca Area TV?
Posted by: annon (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 09:21PM

For those of us in the Ithaca area, will it be on TV (Time Warner perhaps?) as usual? Thanks.

Re: Ithaca Area TV?
Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 09:34PM

according to the TW sports website, the final will... but not the Semis

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 10:00PM

Actually, digital cable in our area gives us 3 Fox regionals in addition to Fox NY. I think we may get the one that Al listed and if not we may be able to bug Time-Warner successfully as we did last year.

It bugs me that a year later we still don't have ESPN U. How common is ESPN U across the country? Then again I only care once a year.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.static.knwk.wa.charter.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 01:05AM

cbuckser
\It couldn't hurt to e-mail one's satellite provider urging that it use one of its many regional sports network alternate channels for FSNN-WI

DirecTV regularly uses 642 for the Wisconsin feed of FSNorth.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Date: March 20, 2006 09:04AM

We benefited from the “old-fashioned” satellite here in Atlanta as well. I got the coordinates from the Athletics Department last year. I’ll send them another e-mail.

Posted by: upperdeck (128.253.80.---)
Date: March 20, 2006 09:29AM

I know the answer but why doesnt the ath dept get off its butt and get some of this done ? they have more more ability to talk with people who make these decisions.. they have alumni all over the country wanting to watch the major sport this school offers.. it wouldnt cost them money only time to make a few calls.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:45AM

Al DeFlorio
Thanks!! Here's the Fox Sports North schedule page:

[msn.foxsports.com]
Looks like a MN Wild game is scheduled for 8 pm. I wonder what FoxSports' obligation is if the NCAA game goes to OT but the Wild game is starting?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 20, 2006 12:51PM

About the Wild game, I see that FSN North 2/Wisc is also scheduled to carry our regional (642 on DirectTV).

It may be blank while the feed is the same, but at 8 all they have is the Wrangler Pro Rodeo Tour. So hopefully we can flip to that if the game goes long and FSN North Minn decides to go away - or if the Bucky game does so ours starts late.

FSN North-Wisc schedule:
[msn.foxsports.com]

I'm surprised that FSN Rocky Mtn hasn't decided to pick it up. At least not yet.

Update on Fox Sports North situation (good news)
Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.usb.temple.edu)
Date: March 20, 2006 01:18PM

I just spoke with Fox Sports Net North's programming manager -- nice guy.

At this time, the game is set to be shown live on both of FSN North's "feeds": FSN North Minnesota (DirecTV channel 641) and FSN North Wisconsin (DirecTV channel 642). Both feeds should be available at sports bars and private homes that subscribe to DirecTV's a-la-carte add-on package called "Sports Pack." (There may be availability on Dish Network and other satellite services, but those are more or less irrelevant for arranging sports bar events.)

The good news is that we don't need to worry about the potential of the CU-CC game going into OT and butting into the Minnesota Wild game that's scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. ET. Although it's likely that the FSN North Minnesota feed will switch to the Wild game, I was assured that the Cornell-Colorado College game will be shown in its entirety live starting at 5:30 p.m. ET -- even if it goes into overtime -- on the FSN North Wisconsin feed (or DirecTV channel 642). The Wisconsin feed will not break away for the Wild game. For now, that's the channel you should ask sports bars to find.

The FSN North programming manager will contact me if there's a change.

A Philadelphia viewing event will be arranged soon.

Date: March 20, 2006 01:24PM

Hillel with the connections coming through with the detailed information again! Thanks :-D

FSN North Wisconsin it is.

Re: Update on Fox Sports North situation (good news)
Date: March 20, 2006 01:26PM

Great news! Thank you so much for checking.

Date: March 20, 2006 01:34PM

I'm gonna see if Age can create a directory sticky so that the various locations can be compiled.

Also, be warned that DirecTV's channel 642 is often dark. To check whether a sports bar gets FSN North (both feeds), ask them to tune to FSN North's Minnesota feed (DTV channel 641). If that's lit, they get 'em both.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 20, 2006 02:37PM

I unfortunately have neither the time nor the confidence in my understanding of the FSN/DirectTV stuff to be the guy on this, but is someone else taking the lead on Ship of Fools again for NYC viewers?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2006 02:38PM by Beeeej.

Re: NCAA Tournament on tv (Thank you, Altitude Sports & Entertainment)
Date: March 20, 2006 08:13PM

Like last year, Altitude Sports & Entertainment is stepping up to the plate. Altitude will show most of the NCAA regional games live, including the Cornell-Colorado College game, which will be on the primary Altitude channel (Channel 410 on Dish and 644 on DirecTV). [www.altitude.tv] Altitude will also show the Midwest regional final live on the same channel.

Date: March 20, 2006 08:23PM

cbuckser
Like last year, Altitude Sports & Entertainment is stepping up to the plate. Altitude will show most of the NCAA regional games live, including the Cornell-Colorado College game, which will be on the primary Altitude channel (Channel 410 on Dish and 644 on DirecTV). [www.altitude.tv] Altitude will also show the Midwest regional final live on the same channel.

I wouldn't count on it at most sports bars. But if they do get 644, feel free to tune in to say thank you to our good friends at Altitude again.

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:02PM

Okay, I'm lazy.
Is there a full tv schedule posted somewhere? I'd like to catch the Sucks!/Maine game in the early afternoon and probably the rest of regionals over the weekend.

Date: March 20, 2006 11:18PM

Well, there's this, but it seems inaccurate (or at least behind):
[www.ncaasports.com]

And this only has ESPNU (but that's most of it):
[insidecollegehockey.com]

Posted by: Denison 71 (---.rte20201.de.comcast.net)
Date: March 20, 2006 11:39PM

Hillel,

I will rely on you to keep those of us who are less technically savvy to let us know how we can see the CU-CC game in the Philadelphia area.

Thank you,

Denison

Posted by: cmoberg (---.pivot.net)
Date: March 21, 2006 08:30AM

Altitude is showing the Maine/Sucks game live. Some of their other tournament coverage is carried on Altitude 2 (their secondary channel)

Chris

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: March 21, 2006 05:38PM

DeltaOne81
cbuckser

I wouldn't count on it at most sports bars. But if they do get 644, feel free to tune in to say thank you to our good friends at Altitude again.

The Altitude website is claiming that their primary channel is 611 on Direct and 453 on Dish. Please clarify which is correct.

Date: March 21, 2006 06:48PM

Always been on 644 and still is as of right now. Methinks that's a 4/1 numeric keypad typo. Their alternate channel was 658 last year I believe.

Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.177.---)
Date: March 21, 2006 07:08PM

Roy 82
The Altitude website is claiming that their primary channel is 611 on Direct and 453 on Dish. Please clarify which is correct.
Roy, those are the channels for Altitude 2, the alternate feed. Neither the Cornell-Colorado College game nor the Midwest Regional Final is slated to be on Altitude 2. The regular Altitude feed is on channel 644 on DirecTV and channel 410 on Dish.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 21, 2006 07:25PM

644 and 641 both are on now, looks like they will be carried, thank god. I am tivoing them as i will be at wedding :( I would rather watch hockey all day! anyway, if anyone in the buffalo area wants to watch it delayed shoot me a pm or email

Date: March 21, 2006 07:42PM

cbuckser
Edit: These are the channels on which we can watch the Colorado College-Cornell game live:
Time Warner channel 26 (Central New York) until the game ends
Where did you get that TWCNY is carrying this? It's not listed on the NCAA site, nor does the TWCNY programming site have it listed. They still have bowling.:-/ I'd love to be sure that it will be on, but they still haven't responded to my email.

Date: March 21, 2006 07:57PM

Jim Hyla
cbuckser
Where did you get that TWCNY is carrying this? It's not listed on the NCAA site, nor does the TWCNY programming site have it listed. They still have bowling.:-/ I'd love to be sure that it will be on, but they still haven't responded to my email.
Jim, in my ignorance, I thought that Time Warner in Ithaca was Time Warner Central New York. I changed my original post to Time Warner (Ithaca area), because that is where we have seen confirmation that the game will be shown on channel 26. I apologize.

Date: March 21, 2006 08:31PM

cbuckser
Jim Hyla
cbuckser
Jim, in my ignorance, I thought that Time Warner in Ithaca was Time Warner Central New York. I changed my original post to Time Warner (Ithaca area), because that is where we have seen confirmation that the game will be shown on channel 26. I apologize.
I just checked the TW Tompkins program guide and see bowling listed. Now many other posts say it will be on in CNY. If doug Logan says so it's true, but I'd like to see it in print.

Date: March 22, 2006 04:25PM

Excellent news for Philadelphia area folks: We have confirmed at least one location in the Delaware Valley to watch Cornell play in the regional semifinal and, if necessary, the regional final. Please check out the WHERE TO WATCH sticky for more info as it gets posted.

[Frozen smile of joy from lacrosse win]

Date: March 23, 2006 10:05AM

Sorry if this has already been noted, but it looks like there have been some important new clearances to show Sunday's regional final live on TV at 5 p.m., should Cornell beat CC on Saturday.

It looks like Fox Sports North's Wisconsin feed (DirecTV channel 642) is going to show Sunday's regional final live in its entirety. At sports bars, that should be a better option than Altitude TV (very rare at most public establishments) or FSN Minnesota (not picking up the game until 5:30 p.m.).

The other cool development is that CN8 will be showing Sunday's regional final live in one of its major broadcast areas: New England. That means that many Comcast cable customers who live in parts of MA, CT, and NH will be able to see the game at home, and it should also be easier to find the game at a public establishment. Other New England viewers in CT and RI who have Cox cable service may be able to get Sunday's game live somewhere on the dial too, because Cox Cable New England has a clearance for Sunday's regional final as well.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 02:24PM by Hillel Hoffmann.

Date: March 23, 2006 12:20PM

We don't really have to worry about the final, unless the East final runs late:

[sports.espn.go.com]

Date: March 23, 2006 01:13PM

I have updated the first posting on this thread to reflect the latest list of clearances for the Midwest regional.

Posted by: nshapiro (---.amer.csc.com)
Date: March 23, 2006 01:16PM

just curious how you know that CN8 midatlantic will be carrying the games. The CN8 website does not show any hockey for the region.

Date: March 23, 2006 01:28PM

nshapiro
just curious how you know that CN8 midatlantic will be carrying the games. The CN8 website does not show any hockey for the region.
Go to the NCAA's list of clearances that's linked in the first post in this thread.

Date: March 23, 2006 01:47PM

I wouldn't trust that...It says PA is going to get all the games, including the East Semi-Final at 3:00pm on Saturday.

The current schedule has them broadcasting the Flyer's Cup HS Hockey final live at that time. I really doubt they will pre-empt that for the East Semi-final.

Admittedly there is no similar conflict for the Midwest final, but until the broadcast is confirmed elsewhere (eg. CN8 website), I wouldn't count on it.

Date: March 23, 2006 02:21PM

Shit, I just confirmed that Neil is right, at least as regards CN8 Mid-Atlantic. Although CN8 did get a clearance to show the Midwest Regional final live on Sunday in whatever regions they chose, they are only going to air it on CN8 New England (MA, NH, CT). Philly people like us will not get to see the game live on cable TV.

I'll edit the post above. Thanks, Neil. See you at Cavanaugh's?

Date: March 23, 2006 02:23PM

I edited the first post in the thread to show that the regional final will be CN8 only in New England.

Date: March 23, 2006 02:30PM

Hillel, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Is there any point in us trying to deluge CN8 via phone or email to convince them to show the final?

On Friday, I will check if the NE feed from Worcester is watchable online. CN8 usually streams it....don't know if the NCAAs will be blacked out.

If I can't get a CN8 stream, I am definitely in for Sunday at Cavanaugh's ...Saturday is doubtful.

Neil
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2006 02:41PM by nshapiro.

Date: March 24, 2006 12:44AM

Dish Network will carry the Fox Sports North-Wisconsin feed of the CC-Cornell game on channel 445. I updated the first post of this thread to add that information.

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2006 01:10AM

Hillel Hoffmann
Shit, I just confirmed that Neil is right, at least as regards CN8 Mid-Atlantic. Although CN8 did get a clearance to show the Midwest Regional final live on Sunday in whatever regions they chose, they are only going to air it on CN8 New England (MA, NH, CT). Philly people like us will not get to see the game live on cable TV.

Sure enough, my on-air guide is showing gobs of tournament hockey this weekend on CN8 (New England). Both Northeast semis on Friday, then a nice 4-game spread for Saturday: both East semis and the NE and West Finals, and then for Sunday, the East and Midwest Finals. Good job by them. The timing of it all unfortunately misses the first game I really care about, but I can't complain. I just hope I have reason to record a game on Sunday.

CN8 New Enland Schedule
Posted by: Ken '70 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 24, 2006 08:06AM

Just to summarize viewing for a lot of New England Comcast customers on CN8:

Friday
- Northeast Semi #1 4:00PM
- Northeast Semi #2 7:00PM

Saturday
- East Semi #1 12:00PM
- East Semi #2 3:00PM

Sunday
- East Final 2:00PM
- Midwest Final 5:00PM:-)

Re: CN8 New Enland Schedule
Posted by: RichH (216.195.201.---)
Date: March 24, 2006 10:44AM

Ken '70
Just to summarize viewing for a lot of New England Comcast customers on CN8:

Thanks, Ken! At 3 hours apart, it'll be interesting to see if/how they overlap them in case of runover or OTs. I'll add the regional finals on Saturday they're showing also, according to my listings:

Friday
- Northeast Semi #1 (BU - UNO) 4:00PM
- Northeast Semi #2 (BC - Mia) 7:00PM

Saturday
- East Semi #1 (MSU - UNH)    12:00PM
- East Semi #2 (HU - UMaine)   3:00PM
- Northeast Final              6:00PM
- West Final                   9:00PM

Sunday
- East Final                   2:00PM
- Midwest Final                5:00PM

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 24, 2006 01:07PM

RichH
Sure enough, my on-air guide is showing gobs of tournament hockey this weekend on CN8 (New England). Both Northeast semis on Friday, then a nice 4-game spread for Saturday: both East semis and the NE and West Finals, and then for Sunday, the East and Midwest Finals. Good job by them. The timing of it all unfortunately misses the first game I really care about, but I can't complain. I just hope I have reason to record a game on Sunday.

And if you catch the early morning replays of the Friday games I think you can watch almost 20 straight hours of college hockey nut

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 24, 2006 01:10PM

schoaff
RichH

And if you catch the early morning replays of the Friday games I think you can watch almost 20 straight hours of college hockey nut

That is an ideal way to spend a weekend. :-) (Well, if you can't be at the games in person).

Date: March 26, 2006 01:27AM

I've taken liberties to bump this thread.

Posted by: Hillel Hoffmann (---.chesnh01.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 02:01PM

ESPNU is now set to show Cornell-UW in today's regional final too. That's another channel in DirecTV's sports pack. It should be a bit easier to find a sports bar that offers that channel -- it's on DTV channel 609.

Date: March 26, 2006 02:09PM

Shouldn't be hard to find today's game at all. There's only two games today, and they don't overlap (hopefully), so they're each on about every channel that picks up NCAA hockey.

Here's the listings:
[www.collegehockeynews.com]
(this doesn't mention ESPNU, but you can add them to about every game).

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: March 26, 2006 02:23PM

Here in Iowa, Mediacom basic cable channel 22 is currently showing the Maine-MSU game, so presuming that game doesn't run into OT nut , the Cornell game will be on later.

Posted by: 02 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 26, 2006 02:33PM

In Boston it is supposed to be on Comcast's own channel. In Brookline that's CN8, which is channel 9.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login