Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 2, Harvard 6

Posted by PinkyGen 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cornell 2, Harvard 4
Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:08PM

5 PP goals.

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.dyn.optonline.net)

argh. HU sucks tonight???

Posted by: upperdeck (---.syr.east.verizon.net)

for all the work cornell does to get a pP goal with no luck and harvard gets 3 on nothing but bouncing pucks..

Re: Cornell 2, Harvard 5
Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)

Absurd bounce on that one. Nothing could be done. :`(

Date: March 18, 2006 10:10PM

i just hope we lose with more pride in ourselves than dartmouth--sorry for being pessimistic
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2006 10:10PM by imafrshmn.

Date: March 18, 2006 10:10PM

this ref has totoally lost his mind..

Date: March 18, 2006 10:11PM

Feola has certainly put his fingerprints all over the game.

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.dsl0.crls.pa.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:11PM

the last buzzer hasn't sounded yet...

Date: March 18, 2006 10:16PM

maybe it isnt much,, but the fact we have played from behind all night and taking chances yet not giving up any even strength stuff is a good sign.. we wont give up 5 PP goals next week even on a bad night.. harvard has generated very little even strength stuff..

Re: Cornell 2, Harvard 6
Date: March 18, 2006 10:17PM

Number 6, an even strength. Quite frankly, I'm doing my law school HW right now.

Date: March 18, 2006 10:17PM

upperdeck
maybe it isnt much,, but the fact we have played from behind all night and taking chances yet not giving up any even strength stuff is a good sign.. we wont give up 5 PP goals next week even on a bad night.. harvard has generated very little even strength stuff..

You spoke too soon :-P

Date: March 18, 2006 10:18PM

To some extent, you have to hand to to HU. It's evident that they've been hell-bent on scoring goals.

Date: March 18, 2006 10:19PM

Chabot's in.

Awful for Dave to get a shutout last night, and have a pretty bad game this night.

Hopefully, we'll meet and beat Harvard for the NCAA championship. :-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2006 10:25PM by PinkyGen.

imafrshmn
To some extent, you have to hand to to HU. It's evident that they've been hell-bent on scoring goals.

It will just suck for the ECACHL when they lose to some scrub in the first round of the NCAA tournament yark

Chabot comes in. I feel terrible for Dave McKee, but....he hasn't been stellar

Date: March 18, 2006 10:23PM

Harvard on PP for next min. 7:30 left in 3rd

Date: March 18, 2006 10:27PM

4:37 to go, Cor PP begins

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:31PM

grizzdan24
Can't tell if cam is around, but Kindret has had a bit of ice time...someone must have given up their spot for him
Cam's playing, but Chris isn't. Big hit on face-offs, among other things.

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:38PM

PinkyGen
Chabot's in.

Awful for Dave to get a shutout last night, and have a pretty bad game this night.

Hopefully, we'll meet and beat Harvard for the NCAA championship. :-P

Not gonna happen. This team has had problems scoring goals all season and once again it cost us. If you take away two of Harvard's goals as being dumb luck, which I do, its still a 4-2 score. Good offenses are going to find a way to score 3 or 4 goals against you and scoring 1 (last night) or 2 (so far tonight) goals against a high powered, and in this case an on fire offense, just isnt going to win you many games.

Posted by: John Harvard (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:39PM

nananana nananana hey hey hey goodbye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: canuck89 (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:41PM

hahaha, wow...

Posted by: Travis 02 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:43PM

Goodbye? We're both going to the tournament.

Date: March 18, 2006 10:44PM

Wait. Harvard has a fan? screwy

Date: March 18, 2006 10:45PM

I was joking.

The lack of offense is this team's big weakness. When Dave and the defense have off nights (and they do), this will happen.

Edit: The glaring weakness of the last two weeks has been the horrible PP. That unit needs to become much more effective. We've had games where we have gone 0 or 1 for 11.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2006 11:03PM by PinkyGen.

Date: March 18, 2006 10:52PM

Travis 02
Goodbye? We're both going to the tournament.
Where Harvard's recent performance has been abysmal.

Posted by: Redscore (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:53PM

PinkyGen
Wait. Harvard has a fan? screwy

I was at the third Harvard St. lawrence (8-4) game at Bright on Sunday and there were, no kidding, not more than 400 to 500 people in the entire rink.
These tools now find the time to crawl out of their holes but its back into the hole next weekend.

Posted by: jy3 (---.albyny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:34PM

just got back. glad we could make it. unfortunately it was not a great game to watch if you are a cornell fan. the first period was one of the worst periods of hockey I have witnessed cornell play (how many times have I said that this season?). That combined with hahvahd playing well and cashing in on their opportunities -> 3-0 deficit. cornell turned it up the rest of the game. the breakaway goal was sweet. the missed empty net on the pp had it gone in would have made the game 3-1, and if the other two goals had occurred it would have been 3-3. hahvahd was quicker to the puck, got the bounces and played a better game to get the lead and then just cashed in on 2 crazy goals and another loose puck in fron of the net. there were seriously at most 20 hahvahd fans at the game, not couting the band.

if any SUCKS bandies are here, the "warm up the gorge" cheer was classless.

lets hope the team picks up their heads and wins some games out of their likely #8 spot against michigan.

LGR!

Posted by: Dafatone (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:42AM

Everything went wrong for us today. Everything.

1) The rink was an NHL lined rink, with the new blue lines. Larger offensive zones mean more offense, and this really hurt us, espcially because...

2) Feola was awful. Like, unbelievably awful. This had to be the worst officiating I've ever seen. Given I've only been following Cornell for a couple years, but still. He made all sorts of ridiculous calls against us in the 1st period (the interference on Sasha where Sasha didn't make contact with the player, who was diving into the net for a rebound, for example.) Then he tried to make it up to us in the 2nd, only to make a bad call on Krantz for hooking at the end of the period. Then he went back to penalizing us for any contact in the 3rd. The line judges also refused to drop the puck on faceoffs, leading to Pegs getting tossed out of the circle often, directly causing Harvard's momentum-killing 4th goal. Feola screwed us, and then made it up to us with calls that were honestly unfair for us, then screwed us again. And last...

3) No Chris Abbott. After I realized he wasn't dressed, I thought about what Abbott does for the team. He anchors a line that has beaten the stuffing out of everyone it plays. He solidifies the 2nd powerplay line, which was pathetic tonight. And he's one of our best penalty killers. No coincidence that this was our first game where our penalty kill sucked (did it against Dartmouth? I don't remember...)

Add these together, we barely stood a chance. If Abbott's not back for the NCAA's, things look grim.

Posted by: Lynah Losers (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:49AM

Quit the whining, you got handily beat by Harvard, Cornell just sucked the big fatty tonight! =) BC's going to crush you as well, so unpack your golf clubs, your season is over.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:54AM

Lynah Losers
Quit the whining, you got handily beat by Harvard, Cornell just sucked the big fatty tonight! =) BC's going to crush you as well, so unpack your golf clubs, your season is over.

We're gonna reach the Final Four? Awesome!

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 19, 2006 12:57AM

Dafatone

3) No Chris Abbott. After I realized he wasn't dressed, I thought about what Abbott does for the team. He anchors a line that has beaten the stuffing out of everyone it plays. He solidifies the 2nd powerplay line, which was pathetic tonight. And he's one of our best penalty killers. No coincidence that this was our first game where our penalty kill sucked (did it against Dartmouth? I don't remember...)

Add these together, we barely stood a chance. If Abbott's not back for the NCAA's, things look grim.

Keeping in mind that it is playoff hockey time, any general news on Chris? Did he get hurt in the Colgate game? or in the early part-warm-up of this game? I missed the pre-game and the first 10 minutes. Hopefully they kept him out for "precautionary" measures, knowing that we were pretty much assured a 5-8 seed and where exactly we end up would ultimately be decided by the committee.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 01:19AM

One other thing. McCutcheon was fantastic tonight. Had a few great breakaways that led to Harvard taking penalties. Bitz also looked solid. Besides, this wasn't an official Cornell game. Seminoff stayed out of the box.

Date: March 19, 2006 07:03AM

Dafatone
One other thing. McCutcheon was fantastic tonight.
No question.

Killer was the fourth goal, coming right after O'Byrne made it 3-2 and momentum appeared to have shifted. It looked like Harvard scored it off the same offensive-zone face-off play that they used to get the second goal (by Meintel) at Lynah. Fool us twice, shame on us.

Posted by: jy3 (---.albyny.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 19, 2006 08:44AM

i agree that the officiating was aweful. BUT the penalties of the third all looked legit except the charging call, it looked to me like he didnt take enough strides or leave his feet to get that call. the other calls in the 1st were STUPID penalties. the hooking call was bogus that gave them their pp and eventual 4th goal. feola missed a lot of calls both ways, though. including a few dangerous hits. cornell was outplayed though.

Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 19, 2006 08:54AM

Al DeFlorio
Dafatone
One other thing. McCutcheon was fantastic tonight.
No question.

Killer was the fourth goal, coming right after O'Byrne made it 3-2 and momentum appeared to have shifted. It looked like Harvard scored it off the same offensive-zone face-off play that they used to get the second goal (by Meintel) at Lynah. Fool us twice, shame on us.

Yeah, that was the faceoff where the linesman threw out Pegs and then the Harvard guy from the face-off. Cam Abbott, who replaced Pegs, did not look set on the draw. I thought he just should have tied up the puck and the player rather than trying to win the draw.

Date: March 19, 2006 09:02AM

In the Lynah game, Meintel scored the goal from McKee's right taking a pass across the front of the crease. It looked to me from the overhead view that last night McKee kicked his right leg out to stop a similar pass to the left winger who again was just to McKee's right. This time it appeared the puck was on goal and deflected off the inside of McKee's right leg and through the five-hole.

That goal was the crusher, and we clearly didn't learn from the experience at Lynah. Going into the third down by one and on a two-goal streak could have changed the complexion of the game.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login