Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell section

Posted by Cactus12 
Cornell section
Posted by: Cactus12 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 17, 2006 11:01PM

I realize it's mostly Cornell fans... but which sections at Albany are the official "cornell sections"???

Re: Cornell section
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.mis.prserv.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 12:30AM

I sat in 103, and that was the townie section.

We had all of 103 through about 108. Dartmouth was across from us, and Colgate was the opposite corner. Sucks had no fans.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 12:33AM

We also had 128, 129, 101, and 102.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: las224 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 12:45AM

Jeff Hopkins '82

We had all of 103 through about 108. Dartmouth was across from us, and Colgate was the opposite corner. Sucks had no fans.

Correction: Dartmouth had no fans left after the afternoon. Colgate had no fans who could cheer, hold up signs facing the proper direction (i.e. not backwards) or with the proper colors (i.e. not orange and purple), or be gracious losers.

After the game, while waiting for the players to come out, they made an announcement that Cornell players wouldn't be coming out anymore (just Colgate), so Cornell fans needed to clear out. A group of Colgate girls screamed "SEE YA" really loudly, and when my friends and I rolled our eyes to ourselves, they verbally harassed us and really tried their best to pick a fight. I was pretty appalled with their rude behavior, as I consider Colgate to be a fairly intelligent school, and expected their fans to a) not be that into the game (at least not without free pizza and other bribes) and b) show some class. Oh well.

Let's see if Sucks can muster up any fair-weather fans for tomorrow after their remarkable performance tonight.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 18, 2006 12:54AM

las224
Let's see if Sucks can muster up any fair-weather fans for tomorrow after their remarkable performance tonight.

The Harvard Women lost 3-1 to UNH tonight in the women's NC$$ QF's. So maybe Harvard might get 1 or 2 fans in Albany tomorrow. ;-)

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 03:21AM

128-108 were Cornell (although some would say 126 and 127 were Cornell too). Dartmouth had the second most fans. I couldn't find a single SLU(T) fan...

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.gen.twtelecom.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:22AM

las224
Jeff Hopkins '82

Correction: Dartmouth had no fans left after the afternoon. Colgate had no fans who could cheer, hold up signs facing the proper direction (i.e. not backwards) or with the proper colors (i.e. not orange and purple), or be gracious losers.

Dartmouth had one drunk fan that came over to our sections before the game and got made fun of a lot and then tried to steal Liz's t-shirt. During the Harvard game, the promotions people came over to us to ask one of us to do the tricycle race. One of us said OK, then she said she would go try and find a Dartmouth fan to put against us. Two minutes later she came back and asked another one of us to do it b/c she couldn't find any Dartmouth fans. So during the Harvard/Dartmouth game we had an all Cornell fan promotion.

Posted by: billhoward (---.hsd1.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 10:50AM

las224
... A group of Colgate girls screamed "SEE YA" really loudly, and when my friends and I rolled our eyes to ourselves, they verbally harassed us and really tried their best to pick a fight. I was pretty appalled with their rude behavior, as I consider Colgate to be a fairly intelligent school, and expected their fans to a) not be that into the game (at least not without free pizza and other bribes) and b) show some class. Oh well.

The Colgate boys were unwilling to pick fights but the girls were? Tough school.

FWIW the TV broadcast made repeated references to, and posted lots of clips of, the Cornell fans.

Posted by: Will (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:03AM

las224
A group of Colgate girls screamed "SEE YA" really loudly, and when my friends and I rolled our eyes to ourselves, they verbally harassed us and really tried their best to pick a fight. I was pretty appalled with their rude behavior, as I consider Colgate to be a fairly intelligent school, and expected their fans to a) not be that into the game (at least not without free pizza and other bribes) and b) show some class. Oh well.

Your first mistake was expecting Colgate student fans to show some class.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.dsl2.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 18, 2006 11:35AM

Will
Your first mistake was expecting Colgate student fans to show some class.
The alumni and their kids do their part, as well.

A man and his two obnoxious kids were standing in front of us at the top of section 129, and the kids were learning the finer points of how to whine from daddy. Kids that age really haven't yet developed the "think before speaking" reflex or the situational awareness required to act appropriately in hostile territory. :)

I wonder why they didn't go over to the Colgate section, such as it was...

Kyle

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 12:56PM

krose
I wonder why they didn't go over to the Colgate section, such as it was...Kyle
Colgate section, I didn't know therewas one.

Posted by: las224 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 02:45PM

krose
A man and his two obnoxious kids were standing in front of us at the top of section 129, and the kids were learning the finer points of how to whine from daddy. Kids that age really haven't yet developed the "think before speaking" reflex or the situational awareness required to act appropriately in hostile territory. :)

I wonder why they didn't go over to the Colgate section, such as it was...

I LOVED the "this guy" sucks cheer you guys directed at him. I was surprised to see that he didn't move at that point. Apparently he's one of those "this is the ticket I got so there is where I sit no matter what" kind of people. I hate those kind of people.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.sub-70-192-119.myvzw.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 02:50PM

krose
A man and his two obnoxious kids were standing in front of us at the top of section 129

Was it these kids that were the target of the "Good little kid / Bad little kid" cheer that took place late in the game, after a "Cornell little kid" somewhat effectively started a "Let's Go Red" cheer?
Andy W.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.tvc-ip.com)
Date: March 18, 2006 02:58PM

andyw2100
krose
A man and his two obnoxious kids were standing in front of us at the top of section 129

Was it these kids that were the target of the "Good little kid / Bad little kid" cheer that took place late in the game, after a "Cornell little kid" somewhat effectively started a "Let's Go Red" cheer?
Andy W.

Yes. And as for not moving because that's where their tickets were, they were there with a friend who's a Cornell fan and they wanted to sit next to him. Hey, if they want to try getting into a creativity/loudness cheering contest with two thousand people, they're welcome to as long as they understand the consequences. And for the record, the kids' father was pretty quick to point out to them whenever they said something inappropriate.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 18, 2006 03:03PM

las224
as I consider Colgate to be a fairly intelligent school

Based on what? :-}

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login