Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Albany roll call!!

Posted by DeltaOne81 
Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Albany roll call!!
Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:15AM

Em and I will be there. Getting there Thursday night, leaving Sunday.

I'll be in my PSP-style fake Cornell home jersey, with '03' on the back. Em will likely be in her Koronis away Cornell jersey.

Who else? :-D

Re: Albany roll call!!
Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:20AM

I won't be, its my Dad's birthday and he already planned stuff to do in nyc. That said I'd be up for a viewing on TV somewhere in the city but I'll bet most people will be able to make the trip up to see the games in person :-/

Posted by: RichH (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:24AM

DeltaOne81
Who else? :-D

Everyone, dammit!!

All hands on deck!

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:25AM

I'll be there....

Accompanied by every woman I've ever dated who hasn't yet been to a Cornell playoff hockey game.

EDIT: Actually, I may be joined by a couple of local area friends from [www.topfive.com] - we'll see.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 02:05AM by Beeeej.

Posted by: RedAR (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:27AM

I'll be there! YEEEEHA!

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:29AM

you get a new girlfriend recently or something? or do they have to go through a test period before you risk wasting a hockey ticket on them?

Date: March 12, 2006 01:39AM

Dpperk29
you get a new girlfriend recently or something? or do they have to go through a test period before you risk wasting a hockey ticket on them?

By acclamation of the Faithful, no girlfriend/fiancee/wife is ever again allowed to accompany me to a Cornell playoff game who hasn't already accompanied me to a regular season game that Cornell has won.

This goes back several years now, and includes both the 1998 play-in (to which I brought the same woman I'd brought to the Yale Game That Never Happend™) and the 2004 Clarkson QFs.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:42AM

See ya there!

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:44AM

I'll be there, not accompanied by any woman Beeeej has ever dated.

Posted by: Robb (68.171.152.---)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:33AM

Bah. My immediate Newman clan is gathering in Santa Barbara next weekend. As the puck drops, I'll be sitting in LA traffic on the way to LAX to pick up my fiancee.

Anyone else in the SB area who wants to meet up to watch the final on Saturday?

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:57AM

I'll be there.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 07:59AM

Janice and I will be there in our regular seats. Looking forward to wearing RED!

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:00AM

I'll be there Friday only; Bat-Mitzvah on Saturday :-( .

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:05AM

Saturday only (knock on wood). I hate bar mitzvahs.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:52AM

I'll be in Richland, Washington, hopefully watching in what passes for a sports bar in the tri-cities.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 09:02AM

jtwcornell91
I'll be in Richland, Washington, hopefully watching in what passes for a sports bar in the tri-cities.

They actually know their hockey in Tri City. Someone will accomodate.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:04AM

You better believe I'll be there. And no, I won't have shaved between now and then. :-D

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:21AM

I'll be there, again with my fiancee Jaime, and hopefully again sitting with Deb (Redhead) and Kevin C.

My record as ECAC championships good luck charm remains in tact:

[elf.elynah.com]
Andy W.

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:25AM

We'll sure be there.
Hey Beeeej,
What's your sweatshirt size? I want to buy you a new red one. I'm tired of looking across the rink at that, what is it gray?, one that you wear. screwy

Posted by: Killer (---.c3-0.nat-ubr6.sbo-nat.ma.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:25AM

I'll be there with Little Killer

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:30AM

i plan on being there....most likely with at least 1 or 2 fellow students. we may have room for 1 or 2 people to ride along if anyone is interested...PM me (I need to work out details to first to make sure they're gonna go)

-jason

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 10:42AM

Trotsky
jtwcornell91

They actually know their hockey in Tri City. Someone will accomodate.

Good point. Of course I will be missing an Americans game that night to watch the ECACs.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:27AM

I'll be there with at least 3 other students, maybe more. LET'S GO RED!!! :)

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:30AM

I will be there. Red #2, red Zephyr hat (at least until I pick up some more swag).

Kyle

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:35AM

I expect to be there with a couple others. Putting it out there now though, that I may be in need of a ride, so if anyone's headed up from the New York City or Westchester area and has extra room, I'd appreciate the lift.

Date: March 12, 2006 11:36AM

Jim Hyla
We'll sure be there.
Hey Beeeej,
What's your sweatshirt size? I want to buy you a new red one. I'm tired of looking across the rink at that, what is it gray?, one that you wear. screwy
I'm an XL. When I come up for the final (knock on wood), you'll see that it is money well spent.

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:41AM

Wife and I will be there & wearing red.

Please, to any bottle throwers: reform or stay home -- preferably, reform thyself. screwy

LGR...B-]

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 11:45AM

ithacat
Wife and I will be there & wearing red.

Please, to any bottle throwers: reform or stay home -- preferably, reform thyself. screwy

LGR...B-]

Or, if you absolutely must throw bottles on the ice, make sure you're wearing the other team's gear while doing it from that team's section. :-D

But, seriously, yeah, quit chuckin' stuff on the ice at undesignated times.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:47PM

I'll be marching in the St. Patrick's Day Parade, but we'll drive straight up from the city in time for the semifinal (thankfully we have the late one). The two of us will be there Saturday, too. We'll call the Cornell ticket office tomorrow.

Date: March 12, 2006 12:48PM

Will

And just in case there are any away-game-newbies heading to Albany, at away/neutral arenas, every time is an undesignated time.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 01:14PM by DeltaOne81.

St Paddy's Day parade?
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:52PM

Better have a designated Driver. drunk drive

Posted by: RedAR (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 12:55PM

Jordan,
You may want to check out taking Amtrak to Albany. It's $53 each way from Penn Station, and it only takes about 2:30. Also, the station is under 2 miles from Pepsi arena, so it shouldn't be a big problem catching a cab (someone familiar with the Albany area, please confirm) Just an alternative option.

Re: St Paddy's Day parade?
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:03PM

TimV

Well, considering that ebilmes is in high school...

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:07PM

jtwcornell91
Well, considering that ebilmes is in high school...

Shh! uhoh

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:15PM

I am hoping to be there for all four games. I will be bringing a couple of friends who are fairly new to hockey, but are completely hooked after going to Lynah with me last night. They didn't hesitate one bit when I asked if they want to go to Albany with me.

I will be in a red #1 jersey and one of my friends will have my Koronis jersey.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:32PM

TimV
That driver seems a bit shaky.

Posted by: RazzBaronZ (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:34PM

I'll be there with at least 3. Anyone have advice on getting hotels or something cheap for a night? I'm driving to NYC after the finals on Saturday.

EDIT: I'll be there with at least 6 now, with a hotel booked (the Economy Lodge downtown). I sure hope they don't care I have an extra person in each room (2 double beds for 3,4 people should be fine right?). See you all there!
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 11:31PM by RazzBaronZ.

Posted by: Facetimer (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 01:34PM

Beeeej
I'll be there....

Accompanied by every woman I've ever dated

Beeeej

Oh no! Everyone better hurry and get tickets before they sell out.

Date: March 12, 2006 01:45PM

RazzBaronZ
I'll be there with at least 3. Anyone have advice on getting hotels or something cheap for a night? I'm driving to NYC after the finals on Saturday.

Priceline Priceline Priceline. Got a nice one by the airport last night right after the game for $50/night. I've always been able to get nice places on Priceline for $40-$60/night.

Each room is guaranteed to hold 2, but if you call up and ask the hotel for two double beds, they can typically accomidate just about anything.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:01PM

RedAR
Jordan,
You may want to check out taking Amtrak to Albany. It's $53 each way from Penn Station, and it only takes about 2:30. Also, the station is under 2 miles from Pepsi arena, so it shouldn't be a big problem catching a cab (someone familiar with the Albany area, please confirm) Just an alternative option.

The Amtrak station is on the Rensselaer side of the river, but it's not hard at all to get a taxi, and there are always a ton waiting there whenever trains get in. Shouldn't even be expensive b/c the exit goes right across the highway to the Pepsi.

RazzBaronZ
Anyone have advice on getting hotels or something cheap for a night? I'm driving to NYC after the finals on Saturday.

The Holiday Inn Express (Albany-Western Ave) is a lot cheaper than the nice downtown hotels, and in a MUCH better neighborhood than the not-so-nice ones. It's right on the CDTA busline to get downtown (about a 5 minute trip). It's also about 2 minutes from Crossgates Mall, if you're interested in doing some shopping during the day. If you just want a cheap place to stay, the Best Western is about 2 blocks closer than the Holiday Inn, but a bit more rundown inside

The Red Carpet Inn is downtown and very cheap, but an absolute pit, and not in a great area. Ditto for the Regency Inn. Those two places get all their business from out of towners looking for a cheap place to stay and not realizing how bad they are; I'd recommend spending the extra $20 to stay elsewhere.

Finally, a word of caution about the hotels on Central Ave that are further west than the Northway (I-87). They list Albany as their mailing address, but it's a bit more difficult to get to the Pepsi from them by bus, and about a 15-20 minute trip by taxi. If you're driving and don't plan to go out drinking after, they can be very inexpensive places to stay, and I'd recommend them.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:09PM

I'll be there for all four games with about ten family members and friends...I can't wait till friday!!!

Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:16PM

I usually stay at the Econolodge out on Wolf Rd. $53/nite and plenty of restaurant options.

I know that some of the players' families stay there, too.

parking?
Posted by: cornell mom (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 02:38PM

Hi, I'm meeting my daughter in Albany Friday afternoon. She is driving in from Ithaca and I'm driving in from the east. We are planning on driving home after friday night's game (we'll be back on Saturday). Any ideas where we can leave one of the cars so we are not dealing with two cars downtown?
Ann

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 03:08PM

DeltaOne81
Will

And just in case there are any away-game-newbies heading to Albany, at away/neutral arenas, every time is an undesignated time.

And, yes, that includes pre-game newspapers. Crumble and put it on the floor in front of you (or, if you're my wife, stuff it in my mouth -- but, that's a story for another time). Such behavior did impact at least one game this year. If you didn't read about it:

[www.uscho.com]

In general, Cornell's fan base is too creative, energetic, respected, envied, and entertaining to behave in that way. Sorry, to beat on this, but I saw it happen three too many times this year.

Now, on to Albany...LGR...:-P

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 03:20PM

I'll be going on Saturday only ........... haven't been to the ECAC's since '92 when it was in Boston. This time, I'll have some sidekicks, too - a wife and 3 kids!! They're pretty excited. My wife has been to some Cornell NCAA tourney games with me but the kids have never seen Cornell play.

Question - do we simply request the "Cornell section" when we call the Pepsi arena or is there a better way to make sure that we're sitting in friendly territory?

EDIT - never mind, I see the other thread.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 03:36PM by RatushnyFan.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nycmny.fios.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 04:00PM

Jim Hyla
Hey Beeeej,

I'm a pretty pale guy, so solid red really isn't my color, Jim, but hey, if you feel like buying me a brand-new Cornell sweatshirt, I'm not going to turn you down. XL. :-)

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Re: parking?
Posted by: TimV (---.amc.edu)
Date: March 12, 2006 05:09PM

There's usually plenty of parking within three blocks of the arena. About 3-5 bucks outside, depending on how close you get, and a coupla garages including one attached to the arena.

The other possibility would be to meet and park at the Howard Johnson at exit 23 of the thruway, then go North on I-787 which is very close by about 2 miles to the arena exit.

Posted by: dbilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 05:17PM

RazzBaronZ

I second the suggestion to stay at the Holiday Inn Express on Western Avenue. We stayed there a few weeks ago when Cornell was finishing the regular season in the Capital District, and while it will cost you around $100 a night, including tax, the rooms are quite nice, with a decent breakfast included, and the staff is extremely helpful. As noted previously, it's a good central location for shopping, movies, etc.

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 05:19PM

TimV
There's usually plenty of parking within three blocks of the arena. About 3-5 bucks outside, depending on how close you get, and a coupla garages including one attached to the arena.

Beware of the closing times posted on the garages. I know from experience (A-19, DevilDerby, and Ben Rockey make fun of me for this) that the garage closest to the arena is NOT open on Sundays, and if your car is in there when it closes at an unreasonably early hour, there's no way in hell you're getting it out until Monday.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 05:22PM

Haven't missed a Placid or Albany championship weekend ever that Cornell was in and I'm not about to start now. Looking forward to seeing you all Friday.

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:38PM

i'll be there

Posted by: cmoberg (---.pivot.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 06:58PM

Beth and I will be there.

Posted by: heykb (---.c3-0.upd-ubr3.trpr-upd.pa.cable.rcn.com)
Date: March 12, 2006 08:28PM

I'll be there with three fellow ultimate frisbee alums.

Karl B. '77
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2006 08:29PM by heykb.

Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 12, 2006 09:32PM

I'll be there with my sister and her husband, also Cornell alums. Alas, my convert husband, who posts here as trainbow, will be home overseeing the planting of 36 street trees in NW Philadelphia. I hope to see my 7th Cornell ECAC championship!

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:03PM

Took me a few days to figure out how, but I'll be there :) See you all soon!

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:44PM

I don't really like hockey, I'm not sure if I'm gonna go.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.wholesystems.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 02:57PM

What -- did a couple of measly overtime games put you off hockey forever? Wimp.

nut

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: March 13, 2006 03:00PM

Saturday in Albany for sure, Friday if my plane gets back from LV in time to drive up. (I don't believe in this woofing gods superstition, but it did seem presumptious to schedule a flight LAS-ALB a month ago.) - BH

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 03:10PM

jmh30

Post of the year. :-D

Posted by: DevilDerby (---.wadsworth.org)
Date: March 13, 2006 03:14PM

There are two parking areas, not quite downtown, but close enough for a car. One is next to the NYSMuseum on Madison Ave. It holds about 100 cars and you should be good all weekend. The second is off of the I787 Empire State Plaza exit. It is a freestanding parking garage, called "V2" that also should be open all weekend. Unlike the places closer to the Pepsi.

dd

Posted by: Jordan 04 (12.42.45.---)
Date: March 13, 2006 03:41PM

billhoward
Saturday in Albany for sure, Friday if my plane gets back from LV in time to drive up. (I don't believe in this woofing gods superstition, but it did seem presumptious to schedule a flight LAS-ALB a month ago.) - BH

About as presumptious as booking hotels for Milwaukee back in October? uhoh

Posted by: Craine (---.pearsontc.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 03:42PM

jmh30

Well, in THAT case, I have an extra set of tickets if anybody wants 'em!!!!

Date: March 13, 2006 03:44PM

Jordan 04
billhoward

About as presumptious as booking hotels for Milwaukee back in October? uhoh
It's only presumptuous if you can't cancel the hotel room a week and a half in advance.

Posted by: A-ron (---.kpf.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 04:44PM

I'll be there with the old man. My Mom was thinking of coming but Cornell has never won a game which she was present for...therefore, she opted to stay home (her decision, I swear). LGR!!!

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 05:50PM

I'm there plus a few. Got tickets in 102 DD; I'm trying to come up with anti-castro signs. :-P I'm also working on freeing up my Thursday so that I can watch practices again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/13/2006 05:55PM by atb9.

Posted by: Alyssa '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 13, 2006 05:52PM

I'll be there with 4 others on Friday and 6 others on Saturday in section 130. Let's Go Red!!!

Date: March 13, 2006 06:56PM

I've always found parking at one of the Empire Plaza lots. It's been free and easy on and off. If you go to the Pepsi Arena site and check directions you can get a map. The road into Empire State plaza goes under the plaza and circles back out. Once you get out from under the plaza there is a garage on the right. It's been free and easy walk to the back of Pepsi and easy exit once it's over. The only downside is it's not as convient if you are going to stay around the Arena area after the game.

Re: Albany roll call!! Do we have a band?
Posted by: WillR (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:27AM

I am in with a few others.

More importantly, does anyone know what we have for a band in Albany?

-WillR

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:45AM

WillR
I am in with a few others.

More importantly, does anyone know what we have for a band in Albany?

-WillR
Unlike some bands, the Cornell band does not have trouble rallying the troops during school holidays.

Posted by: WillR (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 14, 2006 01:07AM

Thanks! i figured we were in good shape. I was just asking because i seem to recall that the school can be a silly about the band members driving themselves anywhere.

-WillR

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 14, 2006 07:52AM

Not only do we always have an exceptional band at the ECAC, I seem to remember last year they split up to help the anemic Colgate and Vermont bands during the consolation just about doubling the size of each of those bands.

Posted by: that loud guy with the hair (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 11:34AM

I'll be there with my friend Scott and maybe some others wearing my beat-up red Cornell sweatshirt. You might also recognize me as that loud guy...with the hair... Anyway, I'm looking forward to the trip and celebrating St. Patrick's Day in downtown Albany! drunk

Posted by: HeafDog (---.hbo.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:19PM

Screw it, I'm going. I've got space for four others in my car. Leaving from NYC UES at around 3:30 on Friday. Email gjh2 if you need a lift (or PM me if you can't figure out what should go after the gjh2).

Posted by: cth95 (---.uvm.edu)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:22PM

Section 128 Row N

Me, two of my friends who are new hockey fans, and my 15 year old sister who started playing for Potsdam High School this year and will hopefully become a Cornellian.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 12:48PM

HeafDog
Screw it, I'm going. I've got space for four others in my car. Leaving from NYC UES at around 3:30 on Friday. Email gjh2 if you need a lift (or PM me if you can't figure out what should go after the gjh2).
If someone can't figure that out, do you really want to spend hours in the car with that person? :-)

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nyc.deshaw.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 03:19PM

I’ll be there Saturday, whether consy or championship. Hell, the consy might actually matter! I’ll likely have my daughter of three (a budding Big Red fan), but my wife, a Cornell grad as well, will be stuck at home with weekend call. My father will be there Friday and, if Cornell is in the championship, Saturday. If Cornell is in the championship on Saturday, I’ll be putting my “perfect record” on the line: since ’91-’92, when I was a freshman, every ECAC championship in which Cornell played that I was in attendance they won (’96, ’97, ’03 and ’05) and every one that I was absent/watching on tv, they lost (’92, ’01 and ’02). It makes me nervous just typing that.

Posted by: Free11Skier (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 05:45PM

My buddy Rick and I will be there for all four.

LGR!

MAE '08

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 05:55PM

Hey Jim, will there be Snickers?dribble

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 06:10PM

I'll be there, wearing my Red number 15.

Posted by: nuclear614 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 14, 2006 08:28PM

I'll be there in the number 13 with the red and leopard banded pimp hat. We'll have a small, but loud and hopefully obnoxious contingent on hand from the Johnson School.

I'm so pumped about this weekend I'm trying to get my 3-year old to respond to the "Harvard....sucks" chant again. screwy

Date: March 14, 2006 08:37PM

marty
If I can get them i... well you know. At least they don't have Cornell lawyers there, or do they?

Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2006 09:25PM

nuclear614
I'll be there in the number 13 with the red and leopard banded pimp hat. We'll have a small, but loud and hopefully obnoxious contingent on hand from the Johnson School.

I'm so pumped about this weekend I'm trying to get my 3-year old to respond to the "Harvard....sucks" chant again. screwy

Greenberg are you hiding under an alias? You should be with that hat. BTW, we have your ticket. There will be 6 of us from the Johnson school.

ill be in number 9 and probably have something to say about the goalie's family. Your 3 year old will love it.

Date: March 14, 2006 10:43PM

Jim Hyla
marty
If I can get them i... well you know. At least they don't have Cornell lawyers there, or do they?

Does Beeeej count?

Date: March 14, 2006 11:22PM

DeltaOne81
Jim Hyla
marty

Does Beeeej count?

Wait...Beeeej is a lawyer?

:-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2006 11:23PM by RichH.

Date: March 14, 2006 11:26PM

RichH
Wait...Beeeej is a lawyer?

:-)

Would a duck walk in circles if you nailed one of its feet to the floor?

I'm not admitted to practice yet, though, so I couldn't stifle Jim's confectionary mode of expression at Cornell's bidding even if I wanted to.

How 'bout you, ugarte?

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2006 11:55PM

atb9
I'm there plus a few. Got tickets in 102 DD; I'm trying to come up with anti-castro signs. :-P I'm also working on freeing up my Thursday so that I can watch practices again.

Anti-Castro? A little explanation please.

Good luck on watching practice. I went to Lynah today and was kicked out in less than a minute. Hope you have better luck.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 14, 2006 11:59PM

WillR
atb9

Good luck on watching practice. I went to Lynah today and was kicked out in less than a minute. Hope you have better luck.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about watching them practice in Albany on Thursday.

Date: March 15, 2006 12:28AM

WillR

There was a big stink at a World Baseball Classic last week as a fan at a Cuba game held up a sign that read "Down With Fidel."

[sports.espn.go.com]

Re: OT: Anti-castro sign
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 12:38AM

WillR

Yeah, sorry, a little obscure. I usually am in Albany with posters with a political slant...such as "Terror Level: Red" from 2003. My seats are pretty close to the glass in the corner and I'm pretty sure they put an over-the-shoulder, corner camera right in front of 101 so I think I can get a sign on TV. During the World Baseball Classic there was uproar about a fan that held up an anti-Castro sign right behind home plate during a Cuba game. I was tying the two together. I most likely won't have an anti-Castro sign in Albany.

Buh-dum-bum. :-P

WillR

As probably only Fred and I can attest to from the past few years, they do allow you to watch the practices in the Pepsi Arena on Thursday (And if they toss me out, I'm definitely bringing an anti-Pepsi Arena sign to the game on Friday! ;-)).

The order of practice goes in reverse seed order, so Harvard starts at 12:30pm. If you're in Albany on Thursday, it's a great way to spend your lunch. I'll probably be there for the Cornell and Colgate practices and I hope to have a report on eLynah that night.

Re: OT: Anti-castro sign
Date: March 15, 2006 01:11AM

atb9
I most likely won't have an anti-Castro sign in Albany.

Well, "Abajo Harvard" would be a good one.

Date: March 15, 2006 08:14AM

Beeeej
I'm not admitted to practice yet, though, so I couldn't stifle Jim's confectionary mode of expression at Cornell's bidding even if I wanted to.

How 'bout you, ugarte?
I do anything Cornell asks.

Date: March 15, 2006 03:07PM

picked up my ticket. section 130 is sold out fyi, so all that is left is section 129 for students.

tickets stop going on sale @ 4pm today, so hurry if you want to purchase them here are cornell.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 04:36PM

ugarte

Will you do something I ask and use the better emblem?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 15, 2006 04:52PM

Trotsky
ugarte

Smug bear is and improvement, however slight, over hugging bear... but really, do we have to use either?

Kyle

Date: March 15, 2006 05:11PM

Trotsky
ugarte

Somebody missed the irony in Ugarte's post, if I'm not mistaken.

Date: March 15, 2006 11:23PM

Just made reservations here...seemed like the best deal. I paid $58/night + 13% tax, for 2 doubles, non-smoking.

Thanks for the headups, seemed like the cheapest/best deal. Who cares if its rundown/not so nice, as long as its clean :)

Jeff Hopkins '82
I usually stay at the Econolodge out on Wolf Rd. $53/nite and plenty of restaurant options.

I know that some of the players' families stay there, too.

Date: March 16, 2006 10:45PM

so where is everyone going after the game on both nights? Any plans yet?

Date: March 16, 2006 10:59PM

I'm at the Econolodge also....but the one in Rensselaer because it's 5 or 6 miles closer.

Sigh...what I wouldn't do for a Starwood in Albany...

Date: March 16, 2006 11:34PM

thanks for the headups, i switched my reservations over to that one. same price

Date: March 17, 2006 12:00AM

My only concern was possible pre- and post-game traffic getting across the bridge, but I figure... it's Albany.

Page:  1 2Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login