Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Section B Sucks

Posted by calgARI '07 
Section B Sucks
Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: March 08, 2006 05:30PM

No question that it has sucked this year, but if there was any question about it, just look at the amount of Section B tickets available at the ticket forum. Embarrassing.

Re: Section B Sucks
Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: March 08, 2006 05:33PM

OTOH< maybe it's self correcting. More tickets available in B might mean that in the playoffs the section will be filled with a higher percentage of dedicated fans than usual. Hope so anyway.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2006 05:33PM

it's that damn kid with the cowbell... he needs to learn how to play the last verse... j/k

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: March 08, 2006 06:38PM

But still better than A, just as a matter of principle. :-D

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Turkeybone (---.culinary.edu)
Date: March 08, 2006 06:55PM

Let he without rhythm cast the first stone.

Posted by: BMac (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 08, 2006 09:39PM

A's been pretty good this year... at least rows 4-6. Those rows kick ass.

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 08, 2006 09:43PM

yeah too bad I got two tix, one in b and one in e earlier in the week. that is ok, just happy to be in the building!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2006 09:44PM

BMac
A's been pretty good this year... at least rows 4-6. Those rows kick ass.
Yeah, too bad about rows 10-14 in A, which are empty outside of the band.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 08, 2006 11:00PM

I can assure you that A row8 (at least in front of the band) is good- we're always loud and there way before game time ... What happened to the seats on either side of the pepband conductor- were they not sold or do the people sit elsewhere?

Posted by: montague (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 09, 2006 01:58AM

Seconded. We've been good all year.

It just seems like there are always empty sections within A. It's pretty unfortunate. LGR.
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2006 08:19AM by montague.

Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2006 02:52AM

People in section B are cheering way too fast.. That's my only disappointment with B.

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2006 05:18AM

Cactus12
I can assure you that A row8 (at least in front of the band) is good- we're always loud and there way before game time ... What happened to the seats on either side of the pepband conductor- were they not sold or do the people sit elsewhere?
I think the primary (unfortunate) contributing factor to the emptiness of A is that people just don't come... I hear increasing reports of hockey fans encountering other people who buy season tickets purely for the right of attending the Harvard game and nothing more (to which I pose the question: if you don't go to the other games, why do you care about Harvard at all?). Because of this, people that do show up with seats ticketed around the band or the upper parts of A naturally trickle down closer to the ice.

This is all verified to my mind by the number of people expressing shock and confusion that they had to stand next to the band once the Harvard game rolled around--how many weeks into the season? Ugh.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2006 05:19AM by Section A Banshee.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2006 02:54PM

If you really think section B sucks, how about people start brainstorming NOW a good way to distribute tickets next year? More importantly, start communicating these brainstorms to Nighman so we can make sure that next year, the most dedicated fans are in B. Half the people running for Student Assembly promised better distribution of hockey tickets... we'll see if any actually follow through with their campaign promises.

But even if they don't - can some sort of committee/task force be created, either via Student Assembly or the athletic department, to come up with a good solution? It seems to me that getting a mix of athletic staff and dedicated student fans (ideally right off this forum) would help to come up with a solution at least marginally better than last year's Lynah Stampede.

Posted by: RichH (---.cttel.net)
Date: March 09, 2006 03:08PM

las224
If you really think section B sucks, how about people start brainstorming NOW a good way to distribute tickets next year?

Announce ticket sale date 1-2 weeks out. Let students camp out and assume the responsibility themselves of figuring out how to attend classes like the adults they are. If they're fearful of letting the students self-police the line, hand out line numbers and have daily random line number checks. Announce maximum of 4 tickets per line number to facilitate rotating for classes/sleep.

Done.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 09, 2006 04:42PM

las224
It seems to me that getting a mix of athletic staff and dedicated student fans (ideally right off this forum) would help to come up with a solution at least marginally better than last year's Lynah Stampede.

We did that in 1991. Are you saying it hasn't worked out?!

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: that loud guy with the hair (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 09, 2006 04:45PM

Heh... I'm currently trying to obtain at least one of those section B tickets (or any other section) for this weekend. I'd love to be there in B to actually help keep it loud this weekend, but getting tickets for face value is kinda tough. Hopefully things will work out, and I'll be at the games.

- Ryan (5-year section B vet B-] )

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2006 12:27AM

Couldn't agree more... if you didn't know it was "let's go red" it would sound like nothing but noise

i did like the extremely slow sieve a few weeks back (though even that managed to speed up the next night)

Posted by: mjc (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 10, 2006 01:02AM

How about general admission in each section, that way section B can still be section B, A can be A etc. and it encourages you to get to games early to get good seats in your section. It would make blocking a ton easier and maybe reduce the chaos when the ticket location is announced. Even if you get a number pretty far from your friends you still have a good probablilty of being in the same section and therefore being able to sit with each other. It seems like a good solution to me...

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.145.82.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 10, 2006 01:09AM

las224
If you really think section B sucks, how about people start brainstorming NOW a good way to distribute tickets next year?

Like this? [elf.elynah.com]

or? [elf.elynah.com]

Probably worth reviewing and building on it instead rehasing the same ideas over and over again.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 10, 2006 07:14AM

Chris '03
las224

Like this? [elf.elynah.com]

or? [elf.elynah.com]

Probably worth reviewing and building on it instead rehasing the same ideas over and over again.

Yeah, like anyone with any sort of authority will actually listen to us.

Posted by: las224 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 10, 2006 11:18AM

Chris '03

True, but my point is, we need to get athletics involved in these discussions, or at least make sure they're actually hearing our ideas. Who knows if they read these boards. More specifically, I highly doubt they are reading every thread and every conversation.

Posted by: canuck89 (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: March 10, 2006 12:11PM

Let's talk about this after the season. I'm not saying delay it until September, but there's a lot of other things to talk about right now and good ideas will be left out. We'll start a thread in a few weeks and then, yes, send letters to Nighman and his cronies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login