Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Out of Town Scores: Game 2

Posted by Mike K 
Page: Previous12 3 
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Out of Town Scores: Game 2
Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 12:56AM

Jesus, from that mawkish guitar music, I thought this game had run into the Masters, help

Posted by: Jim (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 12:57AM

They should keep playing until the start of tonight's game (its sunday)

Posted by: jy3 (---.buff.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 12:58AM

jock jams!

Date: March 05, 2006 12:58AM

Funniest line of the night. The Yale color guy cyt off the pbp guy and said he needed to save some material for the 8th intermission.

Date: March 05, 2006 12:59AM

5th OT has started

Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:00AM

44 sec into the 5th OT.

Posted by: Jim (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:01AM

hooking on zapala

Yale penalty!

onion on the PP
I think this will do it!;-)

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:02AM

Yale wins.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)

jy3
onion on the PP

Remeber this is Union.

Posted by: Italy571 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)

Yale wins

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)

Short-handed!

Wow.

A shorty.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)

I spoke to soon:-D

Bring on Clarkson!!!

Posted by: A-19 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)

just like ari said, shorthanded

redhair34
jy3
onion on the PP

Remeber this is Union.

TOLD YA!
time to sleep

Posted by: Rita (---.resnet.purdue.edu)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:03AM

Yale scores a shg to end it. Meckler (?/Frosh). Shucks, I wanted it to go at least 5:36 and beat the women's game.

Date: March 05, 2006 01:04AM

think i did this correctly

1 Dartmouth
2 Colgate
3 cornell
4 SUCKS
5 slu(t)
6. onion
7. rip
8. clarkson
9. PU
10. q
11. yale
12. brown

5 slu vs 12 brown
6. onion v 11 yale
7 rip v 10 Q
8 clarkson 9 PU

ok so right now we have

1 dartmouth
2 gate
3 cornell
4 sucks

5. slu or 12 brown

8 clarkson
10 Q
11 yale

see what happens:
if SLU wins we get:

1 dartmouth v 11 yale
2 gate vs 10 q
3 cornell vs 8 clarkson
4. sucks vs 5 slu

IF brown wins we get
1 dartmouth v 12 brown
2 gate vs 11 yale
3 cornell vs 10 q
4. sucks vs 8 clarkson

crap, i dont want my ability to get tickets to depend on brown winning tomorrow! clarkson is a pain to get tix from...
go bruno!

Posted by: Italy571 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:05AM

Nevermind. The above post just answered my question.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2006 01:07AM by Italy571.

Date: March 05, 2006 01:06AM

If Brown beats SLU, we host Quinnipiac.

If SLU beats Brown, we host Clarkson.

Date: March 05, 2006 01:09AM

Easy to listen to the Union feed now!

Also, Greg, did you see my question to you on the second page of this thread, about the 03/08/94 game? I know you'll just know the answer, without needing to look it up anywhere.

Thanks.
Andy

Date: March 05, 2006 01:10AM

Union announcers talking about the Union players that got suspended. They said something like, "We don't know what they did, but it must have been stupid."

Posted by: Andy (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:14AM

I've been to some rediculous NHL overtime games which had meant if the Devils score they win the cup and nothing could be more rediculous then being at Union and seeing that 5 overtime affair. That had to be the best game in the college hockey this year. Oh yeah the Devils beat the Rangers tonight and Dino's didn't have the game, because they have everyother package, but center ice. Don't go to Dino's

Posted by: Ack (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:17AM

jtwcornell91
Ack
is "press 1 for more options" not good enough for ya?

Better than the computer voice-recognition program that pretends to be talking to you.

"Did you say, 'Syracuse?'"

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 07:57AM

Ernie Banks would have loved it.

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 10:38AM

andyw2100

Also, Greg, did you see my question to you on the second page of this thread, about the 03/08/94 game? I know you'll just know the answer, without needing to look it up anywhere.

Thanks.
Andy

My recollection is that Geoff Lopatka scored the winning goal in that play-in game.

Date: March 05, 2006 10:57AM

JasonN95
andyw2100

Thanks.
Andy

My recollection is that Geoff Lopatka scored the winning goal in that play-in game.

Yep, that was the completion of Lopatka's hat trick.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 11:51AM

redhair34
I spoke to soon:-D

Bring on Clarkson!!!

Remember, Clarkson swept us at home a few years ago in the second round. I'd start praying to the hockey gods!

Posted by: Anne 85 (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 12:02PM

It wasn't a sweep (but Cornell did lose the series). :`(

Date: March 05, 2006 12:58PM

Anne 85
It wasn't a sweep (but Cornell did lose the series). :`(

yeah that was not fun to be at :(

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 12:58PM

<denial> I don't know what you guys are talking about. that playoff series never happened... no way no how. it just never happened </denail>

Posted by: ebilmes (---.0.127.207.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:01PM

Dpperk29
<denial> I don't know what you guys are talking about. that playoff series never happened... no way no how. it just never happened </denail>

There was no season that year. Only the Everblades Tournament. Anything else has been fabricated by RichS.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 01:17PM

exactly. so nice to know there are others with the same thoughts as me

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: March 05, 2006 02:28PM

Liz '05
DeltaOne81
As a long lost Whalers fan, I have to say, if any team wants to take on brass bonanza as the banner of Connecticut hockey, I can't object to it being UConn.

Agreed.

I guess, in some respects, that I am too much of a traditionalist. I will always associate "Brass Bonanza" with The Whalers and many happy childhood memories. It just seems weird to have it played by another group, even in the context of a hockey game in the state of CT. But in the grand scheme (i.e. not in my warped world ;-) ) it isn't such a big deal and if it brings the UCONN hockey team a little bit of good hockey karma (they did win last night), so be it.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 03:04PM

I think that is pretty cool. I have that song in my head often when I skate.

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 05, 2006 03:10PM

Even though I have been to the ECAC's often, I have only been to two home playoff games. For some reason I can only remember an 8-3 shellacking of Colgate. :-)

(Thanks for the posts on the Weder chant, by the way, and I am hoping to get tickets for this weekend)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 04:03PM

Rita
Liz '05
DeltaOne81
As a long lost Whalers fan, I have to say, if any team wants to take on brass bonanza as the banner of Connecticut hockey, I can't object to it being UConn.

Agreed.

I guess, in some respects, that I am too much of a traditionalist. I will always associate "Brass Bonanza" with The Whalers and many happy childhood memories. It just seems weird to have it played by another group, even in the context of a hockey game in the state of CT. But in the grand scheme (i.e. not in my warped world ;-) ) it isn't such a big deal and if it brings the UCONN hockey team a little bit of good hockey karma (they did win last night), so be it.

Well, my initial reaction was disapproval too, but I've known they've been doing it for several years, and before long I kinda decided that it's kinda keeping the memory of the Whalers alive in a way, and that I can't object to it being UConn. Although it wouldn't hurt if they actually had a good team. But then again, maybe its more accurate this way ;)

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.0.125.80.adsl.snet.net)
Date: March 05, 2006 04:10PM

Rita
I will always associate "Brass Bonanza" with The Whalers and many happy childhood memories. It just seems weird to have it played by another group, even in the context of a hockey game ...

Did you object when the Cornell band played Brass Bonanza at Gary Bettman when he came over to conduct the band in '03?

Date: March 05, 2006 04:23PM

DeltaOne81
Rita
Liz '05
DeltaOne81

Agreed.

Well, my initial reaction was disapproval too, but I've known they've been doing it for several years, and before long I kinda decided that it's kinda keeping the memory of the Whalers alive in a way, and that I can't object to it being UConn. Although it wouldn't hurt if they actually had a good team. But then again, maybe its more accurate this way ;)

I have sort of followed the UCONN box scores for the past 4 years, but have not seen them play. They also do not have many of their games broadcast by WHUS, and I did not know they had been using Brass Bonanza, so yeah it did take me by surprise.

Given that UCONN will not give hockey scholarships, they probably will not amount to any more than a .500 team. I understand their rink is really nice (I remember visiting the campus when it was under construction), so they have decent facilities, but without scholarships it will be hard to attract player to a school where they will be ranked behind basketball football and soccer.

Sounds like there are enough "long lost Whaler fans" here to commisserate together :`( . Estero would be somewhat fitting. The Everblades have the Whaler colors (Navy blue and Green), and they are the farm team for "that franchise" in North Carolina.

Date: March 05, 2006 04:26PM

Chris '03
Rita
I will always associate "Brass Bonanza" with The Whalers and many happy childhood memories. It just seems weird to have it played by another group, even in the context of a hockey game ...

Did you object when the Cornell band played Brass Bonanza at Gary Bettman when he came over to conduct the band in '03?

I missed that. 2003 I was in Oregon and usually couldn't tune into the games until 5 pm PST.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: March 05, 2006 09:05PM

Rita
I have sort of followed the UCONN box scores for the past 4 years, but have not seen them play. They also do not have many of their games broadcast by WHUS, and I did not know they had been using Brass Bonanza, so yeah it did take me by surprise.

Well, I have a friend that went to UConn and I'd gone to a few game there. Well, alright, as with most of us, I had many friends that went to UConn, but one that was a big hockey fan.

Given that UCONN will not give hockey scholarships, they probably will not amount to any more than a .500 team. I understand their rink is really nice (I remember visiting the campus when it was under construction), so they have decent facilities, but without scholarships it will b[elf.elynah.com] hard to attract player to a school where they will be ranked behind basketball football and soccer.

Well, the rink is alright by Atlantic Hockey standards maybe. Its not really nice. The nickname is the UConn Ice Garage (real name: Ice Arena). Its basically a big aluminum box with a few rows of bleachers on each side. Its definitely an upgrade from the semi-outdoor rink they had during D-2 (or was it D-3?) days. There's nothing wrong with it - in fact is has a nice little lobby area - but I'd take about anything in the ECAC over it.

As far as scholarships, I think they will eventually. But they have too much tied up in the new D-IA football program right now. That and Title IX issues. But this is Ct, which is definitely a hockey state (not like Minn or Mass, but the next step down). And this is UConn, which is half a good state university and half a sports team. I have a hard time seeing them not going after improving the hockey team once their football project has gotten it to the level they'd like it.

Chris '03
[Q]Did you object when the Cornell band played Brass Bonanza at Gary Bettman when he came over to conduct the band in '03?[/Q]
I missed that. 2003 I was in Oregon and usually couldn't tune into the games until 5 pm PST.[/Q]

I missed that too! Damn, where was I?? Well, I guess I was in section E, and if I heard it, didn't know why. Good going band!

Page: Previous12 3 
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login