Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Another stupid question

Posted by Dpperk29 
Another stupid question
Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 05:53PM

Hey guys,

i've got another stupid question. what is the easiest way to get one of the players (mckee) to autograph something? I have a picture of a friend and david that i am going to give her for her birthday and would like to make it extra special by getting david to sign it.

any ideas?

Re: Another stupid question
Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 05:58PM

It's Mardi Gras week. You could try flashing him.

Date: March 01, 2006 06:01PM

yes, but no one wants to see a fat mans stomach... or breasts

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 06:01PM

Maybe you can just e-mail him and ask him. You should be able to find his address in the student directory of the Cornell website.

Date: March 01, 2006 06:02PM

Your girlfriend could flash him. :-)

Date: March 01, 2006 06:04PM

that could work. thanks

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 01, 2006 06:12PM

Dpperk29
that could work. thanks

Guessing this was a response to the post two above, as opposed to one above. Although I guess an autograph might be worth more to some...
Andy W.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 06:31PM

Would you recognize his mom? Maybe you could ask her next weekend home game. Seems like the kinda lady who would help if you asked nicely. Not sure if that'd be in time for the birthday or not, but it might be worth being belated.

Date: March 01, 2006 06:41PM

I actually know his mom and dad. and that could work... but it would take alot of the suprise out of it because my friend is going to the game with me. oh well, i'll figure something out.

-Devin

Delta, you don't have Mrs. McKee's email by chance do you? if you do would you mind PMing it to me, I used to have it but have since misplaced it

Date: March 01, 2006 06:49PM

I did find David's e-mail on the Cornell.edu site. I won't post it just so that it is not out there for everyone in the world to see, but it was very easy to find. I checked a couple of other players just to make sure it worked. I guess Louis doesn't hold any grudges, because he is apparently living with Dave.

Date: March 01, 2006 07:02PM

I found it to, I just feel kind of wierd emailing someone who I don;t know.

Posted by: msphi81 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 07:23PM

David's mom is a great way to go. I went to the Hobey Baker awards last year with my two boys. We were waiting in line to get the Hobey Baker poster signed by David. David's mom came up to us and introduced herself and asked if she could have a picture of my sons with David because they were the only one's that she saw with Cornell jerseys. I had a great conversation with his mom and David and my boys have great pictures with David. Bottom line just ask.

As for the rumors of David not completing next year...I would be shocked. His mom stressed that he loves the Cornell hockey program and is really enjoying his time at Cornell. Mrs. Mckee is really proud of the way David has handled the challenges of the academics and getting a Cornell degree is a major goal of the McKee family
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2006 09:53PM by msphi81.

Date: March 01, 2006 07:26PM

last year at ECACs, my uncle and I got a group of kids to get us some of the free hats, and we gave them to Mrs. McKee so she could have david sign them for us and give them back to us the next day. but as circumstances had it, she couldn't get them back to us the next day, so she took them home to texas and shipped them back to us. she really is awesome...

Posted by: sockralex (---.travelers.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 11:45AM

Just sit at Mac's Cafe in the bottom of Statler around lunch a few days and you could probably get his autograph and other hockey players as well. Trillium is a good bet too.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 11:51AM

sockralex
Trillium is a good bet too.
Yeah, just get him to knock over your tray at breakfast. Would have worked for me, had I been interested in getting signatures.

Kyle

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: March 02, 2006 12:58PM

That would require eating at Trillium. barf

Date: March 02, 2006 01:09PM

CowbellGuy
That would require eating at Trillium.
Has it gotten worse, or are my standards just very low? :)

Kyle

Date: March 02, 2006 01:15PM

Since they renovated it has become absolutely atrocious.

Date: March 02, 2006 01:27PM

CowbellGuy
Since they renovated it has become absolutely atrocious.
That's too bad.

I remember eating lots of tasty western omlette sandwiches there in the mornings, when there were very few people there and crowding wasn't an issue. It was usually just the hockey team and morons like me who decided it was a good idea to take an 8:00 class. :P I was actually dumb enough to take *two* of those, because evidently I didn't learn my lesson the first time.

Kyle

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 02, 2006 02:26PM

I also used to love the reubens there. To this day, even after several years living in Manhattan, I have yet to eat a better one. I assume those are now also crappy?

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 02, 2006 03:57PM

If I ever summon the courage to return, I'll try one, if they still make them. Given its proximity to work, I tried it frequently for a span, and tried just about all the food stations. hoping my previous choices were anomalies. They were not.

/me eagerly awaits the completion of the Life Sciences & Biotechnologicalific Life Thingies Biology & Science & Stuff Building and its dining area.

Posted by: LynahFaithfulS (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:00PM

CowbellGuy
Life Sciences & Biotechnologicalific Life Thingies Biology & Science & Stuff Building

is that the official name? laugh

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:08PM

i like trillium, at least the most out of all the a-la-carte places on campus....just had the minute noodles there w/ beef. yummmy. well, at least yummy for $3.99 :P

Posted by: nyc94 (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:11PM

LynahFaithfulS
CowbellGuy
Life Sciences & Biotechnologicalific Life Thingies Biology & Science & Stuff Building

We could kill some time speculating which wealthy alums are getting the hard sell.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:13PM

nyc94
LynahFaithfulS
CowbellGuy

We could kill some time speculating which wealthy alums are getting the hard sell.

They already did - and Walter "Stuff" Biotechnologicalific '72 ponied up.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: March 02, 2006 04:26PM

Oh yeah, speaking of price. That's the other problem. It's crap and it's expensive. One entree, a drink, and maybe one side will usually come in around 7 or 8 bucks. On the other hand, I can slog up to North Star, pay $5 and eat as much as I want of the much better fare up there.

Date: March 02, 2006 04:28PM

CowbellGuy
I can slog up to North Star
"But it's cooooooold... and it's sooooo far away... and I'm sooooo hungry..."

I think I've lost most of my Ivy League whining skill, but I imagine that's what I would have said back then.

Kyle

Date: March 02, 2006 04:30PM

It is. <lazy> But that's what the bus is for ;) </lazy>

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:37PM

CowbellGuy
/me eagerly awaits the completion of the Life Sciences & Biotechnologicalific Life Thingies Biology & Science & Stuff Building and its dining area.
I prefer to call it "Building That's Going Where The Lynah Expansion Should Be Hall."

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: March 02, 2006 04:50PM

CowbellGuy
It is. <lazy> But that's what the bus is for ;) </lazy>

But I have to paaaaay. And if I lose my ID card I have to pay agaaaaain. And if I lose my ID card and bus pass one more time my Mom and Dad won't pay, and I will have to paaaaay.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 07:00PM

CowbellGuy
Oh yeah, speaking of price. That's the other problem. It's crap and it's expensive. One entree, a drink, and maybe one side will usually come in around 7 or 8 bucks. On the other hand, I can slog up to North Star, pay $5 and eat as much as I want of the much better fare up there.

I won't say it's crap (though I also won't say it's great in the least), but yes, it is expensive. Unfortunately, since I don't really get a lot of time for my lunch break, slogging up to North Star is not an option for me. Trillium's location is convenient for a lot of people, and that's it's main selling point with, well, just about anyone who goes there.

For me, the only other convenient place is Mac's and the Terrace in the basement of Statler. Terrace isn't tremendously good outside of the wraps (and the lines for the wraps are often too long for my schedule). Mac's is actually okay for what it offers (not a whole lot, admittedly), except for what seems to be a lack of seating every time I go there.

Re: Use facebook
Posted by: Oat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 09:35PM

You could try poking him on the facebook and writing positive praises on his wall.. And see what he does..

Re: Use facebook
Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: March 02, 2006 09:48PM

Oat
You could try poking him on the facebook and writing positive praises on his wall.. And see what he does..

It might lead to cuddling... :-P

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login