Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell-Union Post Game Thread

Posted by scoop85 
Cornell-Union Post Game Thread
Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:26PM

Well-deserved win. Although Union had the edge in shots, Cornell really carried the play. The team was playing on fumes the last few weeks, and now the rest should be critical.

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread
Posted by: Trustnduzt (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:28PM

Anyone know the 'gate score?

EDIT: Never mind -- 2-1. Oh well... it's NCAA's I'm concerned with.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 09:29PM by Trustnduzt.

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.nyroc.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:29PM

'gate won 2-1

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - d'mouth?
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:30PM

Gametracker shows that tied 0-0 in the 2nd, I assume thats wrong?

Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:30PM

Very good game for McKee, and considering the offense, we needed one from him. Minus the breakaway, he was solid.

Props to Pegs for pulling double duty, and assisting the goal on the PK. Also nice to have Moulson bury one. Also, kudos for the D-men for pulling a lot of minutes.

That being said, this team needs some more offense. Hopefully having everyone back healthy, and not having to worry about Defense might let the forwards concentrate some more (and get shot help from OB and Pokulok on the PP).
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 09:32PM by PinkyGen.

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:31PM

Workmanlike victory considering Cornell's being without three defensemen. Despite Cornell's victory Saturday, it seemed as if Cornell played as well or better Friday at RPI.

Lots of good chances for Cornell, but where'd we be without special teams, again? The shorthanded goal by Abbott plus Moulson's goal just as a power play expired.

Time to recuperate for the two weeks now.

Now to see who it shakes out as potential opponents. If we are the two or three seed, are we heading to a potential Friday game in Albany vs. Dartmouth? Assuming we make it through the round in Ithaca.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.cecomet.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:33PM

billhoward
Now to see who it shakes out as potential opponents. If we are the two or three seed, are we heading to a potential Friday game in Albany vs. Dartmouth? Assuming we make it through the round in Ithaca.

That's a big assumption considering we are in line to face Union in Ithaca. If it isn't Union it could be RPI, Clarkson... you get the idea.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:33PM

billhoward
I read somewhere that Dartmouth has the tiebreaker against Colgate. True? If so, we'd get Colgate if seeds hold up and DC beats SLU.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:37PM

Al DeFlorio
billhoward
I read somewhere that Dartmouth has the tiebreaker against Colgate. True? If so, we'd get Colgate if seeds hold up and DC beats SLU.

I believe Colgate has the tiebreaker with DC, Al.

Posted by: Tom Pasniewski 98 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:39PM

Based on Dartmouth having a better record against Top 4 (really Cornell and Harvard) than Colgate. Harvard secured the bye with their win.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:40PM

DC has the tiebreaker with Colgate. If DC wins, they finish first, if they lose or tie, they finish third.

Current, DC 2 SLU 0, early third.

Posted by: scoop85 (---.hvc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:40PM

A few other observations:

1. I thought McKee had few tough chances, but was solid nonetheless. Union's offense is about as week as I have seen this year, especially on the power play.

2. Although the injuries have been troubling, nice to see the Freshman get a chance to play, and they did play solidly all evening.

3. We seemed to adjust well on the power play after it was apparent Union was really attacking the point men. We handled the puck far more frequently down low, and Union began to collapse. This allowed Moulson all the room on the winning score.

4. As others have said, Pegoraro was excellent tonight with his overall play. To me he is the ultimate X factor on this team; the way he plays seems to dictate the outcome in almost every game. I also thought Bitz had a solid overall game (except for his miscue leading to the goal), while Gleed had another steady game.

5. While I will certainly like our chances whoever we play in the second round, this season has been too close on all fronts, regardless of the opponent. I know we want to avoid anything like 2004, and we can take some comfort that at least this time we have a seasoned goaltender vs. a Freshman.

Date: February 25, 2006 09:43PM

If the DC score holds, the standings are:

01 Drt
02 Col
03 Cor
04 Hvd
05 SLU
06 UC
07 RPI
08 Clk
09 Prn
10 Qpc
11 Yal
12 Brn

edit: reversed Prn and Qpc
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 10:28PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 25, 2006 09:45PM

Dartmouth - SLU netcast: [www.stlawu.edu]

Date: February 25, 2006 09:53PM

Helluva finish for Dartmouth after starting 0-4 in ECAC play.

Date: February 25, 2006 09:57PM

In a best 2-of-3 series in Ithaca, with some defensemen back, Cornell should be able to beat any of the other ECAC teams. The ability to mess up once in a playoff series and still advance plays well to our style.

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 09:59PM

I love this post.

Posted by: Omie (---.tvlres.jcu.edu.au)
Date: February 25, 2006 10:09PM

Its Final...
1. DC
2. 'Gate
3. Big Red
4. Sux

Posted by: ninian '72 (---.washdc.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 10:10PM

Final: Dartmouth 3 SLU 0

Date: February 25, 2006 10:20PM

I don't think Union's ever advanced, so we could easily get RPI or Clarkson in two weeks.

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - Albany seedings
Date: February 25, 2006 10:21PM

Omie
Its Final...
1. DC
2. 'Gate
3. Big Red
4. Sux
Sets up a possible Cornell-Harvard title game in Albany. Now that involves longer odds than just Cornell making it to Albany for the first game.

If the brackets are reseeded after each round so that high plays low, and if most high seeds survive except, say one of them, then we could wind up seeing Harvard in the semis.

Nice to see three Ivy teams in the RS top four. Now that's really minor.

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - best/worst opponent?
Date: February 25, 2006 10:25PM

We should start a paranoiac's thread as to who we'd most and least like to see in the quarterfinals.

RPI had Cornell's number in the RS, but they weren't that good. I hesitate to say anything about Clarkson being beatable in a 2x3 series because a) we messed that up once and b) I don't want to be responsible for giving Rich S carpal tunnel.

Date: February 25, 2006 10:28PM

as of right now, with a few games left tonight, we are 8th in PWR...

Rk Team             PWR Record  RPI 
1  Minnesota         28 22-6-5  .5873 
2  Wisconsin         27 21-8-3  .5736 
3  Miami             26 22-7-4  .5685 
4t Boston University 24 19-9-4  .5619 
4t Michigan State    24 20-10-8 .5565 
4t Nebraska-Omaha    24 18-11-6 .5499 
7  Colorado College  21 22-12-1 .5484 
8  Cornell           20 17-7-4  .5414 
9t Michigan          19 18-12-5 .5464 
9t Harvard           19 17-10-2 .5389 
11t North Dakota     17 21-13-1 .5496 
11t Maine            17 23-10-1 .5449 
13 Boston College    16 20-10-2 .5365 
14 New Hampshire     15 17-11-6 .5278 
15 Ohio State        14 15-16-5 .5239 
16 Denver            12 18-13-2 .5321 

Date: February 25, 2006 10:32PM

If all the home seeds held in the first round, the matchups would be:

5-SLU defeats 12-Brown (prohibitive favorite)
6-Union defeats 11-Yale (interesting series, but Mayotte is good)
7-RPI defeats 10-Quinnipiac (reaslly interesting series)
8-Clarkson defeats 9-Princeton (another for the history between these teams)

Setting up:

1-Dartmouth hosting 8-Clarkson (which Clarkson team shows up?)
2-Colgate hosting 7-RPI (Colgate in a rout)
3-Cornell hosting 6-Union (eek)
4-Harvard hosting 5-SLU (which should go 3 straight overtimes games...)

Posted by: Chris '03 (---.37.10.189.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 10:44PM

Did you add the RPI bonus? I see Cornell as 7t winning the tie break with Harvard. UND/Denver will have an impact and they are tied at the start of the 3rd.

Posted by: JDeafv (---.howard01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:01PM

Impressions of tonight's game:

Pegoraro played excellent tonight. He really stepped up as a senior in his final regular season game, he did well all over the ice, playing center, killing the penalty, and playing back on D. I counted at least 6-8 full shifts he played back on D, not counting the PP.

Bitz continuous to be a nightmare on the point during the PP. Tonight was the second short-handed goal as a result of sloppy D play in 2 weeks. O'Byrne will be a welcome sight back on the first PP unit.

Posted by: Scersk '97 (---.dsl.chcgil.ameritech.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:20PM

I'd like to say Princeton over Clarkson for the only upset of the first round, leaving Dartmouth the dubious pleasure of having to play Princeton in the quarters, and QU over RPI is tempting as well; however, QU and Princeton have both not played so well on the road, and, though Princeton and Clarkson look well matched at first glance, Clarkson's special teams are clearly superior. I agree that upsets look very unlikely for this year's first round games.

In my dreams we'd end up with Quinnipiac for the quarters, but that's not going to happen. I'd say Union's not a bad opponent for us, in the sense that they're not RPI, Clarkson, or Princeton. Princeton is the nightmare opponent of the bottom four, Clarkson would be a disturbing opponent for obvious historical reasons, and, well, we haven't done all that well vs. RPI this year.

With healthy D back for us, I think Union at Lynah for the quarters will be much like the loss at Lynah early on this year, but with much greater fervor on the part of the team and fans. I think that we'll manhandle them, like we did at Lynah and like we did for most of tonight's game. We'll get our shots. It will be up to Mayotte alone to steal the series.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 11:32PM by Scersk '97.

Posted by: jy3 (---.albyny.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:47PM

some observation from 2nite...the sloppy play continued in the first. see my post from the fridays game for the details. it was a repeat. they turned it up the second and 3rd and played much better basic hockey. giving up a shorty with 5 forwards on the ice for a PP is a risk you take whenever you lack a D man on the point.

dave played well, made some excellent saves. his mother was very nice, as well (sat in front of us - at least we think it was her :).)

solid win overall. time to rest and heal up.

I find it interesting that the 5-13 teams in the computer rankings are all failing to assert themselves. boston college as a #13 seed just seems scary to me twitch

as of right now without the minnesota game we are tied with SUCKS for 7th with a 33/22/11 bonus

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 12:48AM

well, after watching the tape I made of the game...

Pegs was awesome. what a night for him.

Dave was solid

Bitz was ok. horrible on the point. but ok otherwise.

Moulson. wow. finally he shows me why everyone should be affraid of him.

-Devin

P.S. And just incase you were wondering, I didn't successfully avoid hearing the score before a watched the game. I was in the grocery store and some asshole came in and shouts out "Cornell WINS- 2-1 over union"... oh well... I guess I deserved it

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 12:51AM

jy3
dave played well, made some excellent saves. his mother was very nice, as well (sat in front of us - at least we think it was her :).)
Yes, she was in front all the way to the right, as we were standing faceing the ice. She is a super nice lady. She always says hello, was high fiveing it tonigt, getting right into the cheers. I'll never forget how she came up to me at Minne last year and said thank you to all the fans, for the support they give CU. She certainly didn't have to do that. Now if TX only had a lot of players, she would be a conduit to CU, much like Ned had from Mike Doran's parents in the Toronto area.

In regards to the game and the next two weeks, I'm very optimistic (but of course I'm always optimistic about Mike Schafer's teams). As opposed to Greg, I think we were short on D's this weekend, but not overall. Eight D's is about all we could ever expect to have. Having three out has to be very unusual. If you look at what happenned since the 'gate weekend, you'll see first a team short because of a couple of key injuries and the flu. Then we get over the flu and suddenly have no defensemen. Still we were in the games, and doesn't everybody think that we'd have won a couple of those if we had our defense solid (mainly OB). If so we'd be looking at first place by 3 points or more. OK by me.

I also have to say as I did last night, by the way coach talked about OB not coming back till the playoffs, he was holding him out to be fully strong and not reinjure himself. If that is true I restate my optimism, coach is playing for the playoffs, and I like our chances.

Posted by: min (---.hsd1.ga.comcast.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 01:39AM

Mostly useless end-of-regular-season trivia (all data taken from TBRW and are from 1987 on):

1. Dartmouth becomes the fourth Ivy to win the ECAC RS title.

2. This season is the second time that the there is tie at the top of the standings (last time: 1988 Harvard and St. Lawrence at 36).

3. This season ties the 2004 season for the lowest points total needed to win the ECAC RS: 30.

4. In the 20 seasons since 1987, Ivy league teams have captured the RS title eleven times (Harvard 6; Cornell 3; Yale 1, Dartmouth 1).

5. In two of the eleven years that an Ivy league team has won the ECAC RS, the RS winner was NOT the Ivy champion (1992 - Harvard (ECAC) and Yale (Ivy); 2006 - Dartmouth (ECAC) and Harvard (Ivy))

6. The 2005-06 season is the third time since 1987 that Cornell has finished a single point behind the RS winner(s) (1991, 2004, 2006). In the past five seasons, Cornell has either captured the RS, or finished one point behind the winners.

None of the above matters. Let's now go for the tourney title #12!

Date: February 26, 2006 02:34AM

Who says insomniacs can't be productive members of society?

>>> 6. The 2005-06 season is the third time since 1987 that Cornell has finished a single point behind the RS winner(s) (1991, 2004, 2006). In the past five seasons, Cornell has either captured the RS, or finished one point behind the winners.

Posted by: Cactus12 (---.nys.biz.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 03:49AM

Considering the D-men out, I thought we played pretty well. This entire year has been somewhat strange... not just in the ECAC but in all of the leagues... upsets all over the place. Not really sure what to expect from the playoffs except that there are probably 6 teams who could take the ECAC championship. On a positive note, I think getting our defense back should provide a real morale boost to the team, and hopefully give the offense some more confidence and aggressiveness. It was nice to see Moulson teach Union tonight why teams don't let him have time with puck.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 26, 2006 04:16AM

Check this: each group of 4 in terms of the standings contains two groups of travel partners.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: atb9 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 05:27AM

-- I noticed in the USCHO recap of the Colgate-RPI game [www.uscho.com] that the goal judge might have missed an RPI goal that would have tied up the game midway through the third period. The missed call on the goal might have been the difference between 2nd place and 3rd place (ignoring the fact that a win Friday would have made this irrelevant). The goal judge in front of Section 1 was mistake prone Friday night.

-- The Cornell-Union game will be replayed in the Albany area on Channel 3 at noon today.

-- A kid in the Union student section deemed "Fatty" really took a verbal beating. Another cheering highlight was the beeping on remote control goalie when Mayotte backed into his goal while finishing his routine during stoppages!

-- During the second intermission, a young girl was able to shoot the puck into the middle slot from between the circles for a gift certificate to a barber. Enjoy! I'm sure the barber will be more than willing to use a "two blade" to give her a proper Schenectady mullet.

-- I was really disappointed that I couldn't get a reservation for Cornell's restaurant Saturday morning. The novelty of eating at a restaurant in Schenectady that shares the name of the University is still cool to me. screwy

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 08:38AM

Cactus12
Considering the D-men out, I thought we played pretty well. This entire year has been somewhat strange... not just in the ECAC but in all of the leagues... upsets all over the place.

I became convinced this year that the upsets are due to a parity in talent which in turn may be due to an uptick in the youth hockey programs.

Overall when you remember that RIP had one recruit for this year when we played them last year, and we all felt that they would have a crappy freshman class, the obvious conclusion is that even with a third rate bunch of freshmen, they have enough talent that when playing well and maturing (something not all that common during a 4 year stint at the "Tute";), they can and did give the top teams in the league a good fight.

As quoted above this is happening in all the leagues and it bodes well for fans of good hockey - though it will cause nail biting for the Big Red and for other teams who expect to dominate their opponents.

Posted by: ursusminor (---.res.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 09:16AM

marty
Overall when you remember that RIP had one recruit for this year when we played them last year, and we all felt that they would have a crappy freshman class, the obvious conclusion is that even with a third rate bunch of freshmen, they have enough talent that when playing well and maturing (something not all that common during a 4 year stint at the "Tute";), they can and did give the top teams in the league a good fight.

RPI has until this year not jumped on the bandwagon of recruiting early. There were also two other factors hurting recruiting last season. One was the complete turnover of assistant coaches, and the other is that there were relatively few athletic scholarships available last year. The latter is still a consequence of the NCAA mandated change in number of scholarships (from 21? to 18) after 92-93. The class of 1993 was small and RPI was not able to offer any scholarships for the class entering in 1993 (Class of '97). Slowly, due to players leaving early and other factors, the classes of '01, '05, and now '09 have been getting bigger, but apparently there still is less money around every four years.

A new problem is arising, namely an imbalance in the defense corps. RPI has four Senior defensemen and an additional defenseman left during the season. Thus five of eight defensemen that RPI usually carries will probably be Freshmen next season. To date four are known, but I expect that there will be one more. This is also not a good situation.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:02AM

another fine example of Union fans was on tv... they did a close up up a guy giving the cornell fan's the finger with both hands... priceless...

Posted by: dbilmes (---.37.117.32.adsl.snet.net)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:05AM

After a long drive back from Schenectady in the snow, a few more post-game observations:

-- McKee was solid in both games over the weekend. On Union's SH breakaway goal, the kid made a hell of a shot, especially considering he had only scored one goal all season! Perhaps McKee should have saved it, but he came up big time after time the rest of the game.

-- Pegararo was outstanding, and logged a ton of minutes.

-- During one of our early power plays, our second unit looked awful. Kennedy was on the point and twice failed to keep the puck in the zone at the blue line. Watching the struggles of some of our players to keep the puck in the zone makes you appreciate how good Sasha and O'Byrne are at doing that.

-- It's pathetic that Union doesn't have a pep band!

-- It's nice to end the regular season with a victory, especially with the way we've been struggling the past few weeks.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2006 11:21AM by dbilmes.

Date: February 26, 2006 11:12AM

Dpperk29
another fine example of Union fans was on tv... they did a close up up a guy giving the cornell fan's the finger with both hands... priceless...
It's the jealous guy's way of saying, "I don't like your date, either."

(Adaption of Sitting Bull/Custer sideways-finger joke.)

Posted by: cp20 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:12AM

I think "fatty" was the finger guy on tv they kept his hands busy after that with pizza.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:16AM

dbilmes
-- During one of our early power plays, our second unit looked awful. Kennedy was on the point and twice failed to keep the puck in the zone at the blue line. Watching the struggles of some of our players to keep the puck in the zone makes you appreciate how good Sasha and O'Bourne are at doing that.
Sasha and who?

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.krose.org)
Date: February 26, 2006 11:23AM

jmh30
Sasha and who?
We all understood he meant O'Brom.

Kyle

Date: February 26, 2006 12:15PM

jmh30
dbilmes
-- During one of our early power plays, our second unit looked awful. Kennedy was on the point and twice failed to keep the puck in the zone at the blue line. Watching the struggles of some of our players to keep the puck in the zone makes you appreciate how good Sasha and O'Bourne are at doing that.
Sasha and who?

You know. From "The O'Bourne Identity."

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 26, 2006 08:11PM

min
5. In two of the eleven years that an Ivy league team has won the ECAC RS, the RS winner was NOT the Ivy champion (1992 - Harvard (ECAC) and Yale (Ivy); 2006 - Dartmouth (ECAC) and Harvard (Ivy))

Following up on this, there has never been a season in which one Ivy team won the Ivy League championship, a second won the ECAC regular-season title (or was the #1 seed in the playoffs), and yet a third won the ECAC tournament. Let's hope Cornell makes history this year!

Date: February 27, 2006 04:18AM

As we fell 3 spots in INCH to #9 the following quote stands out. We all know we have had several injuries, but are they that serious? worry

"I don't disclose injuries very often, but I will disclose them after the season's over, and I think [people will] be amazed what this hockey team is going through," Mike Schafer told the Cornell Daily Sun.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 07:33AM

Omie
As we fell 3 spots in INCH to #9 the following quote stands out. We all know we have had several injuries, but are they that serious? worry

"I don't disclose injuries very often, but I will disclose them after the season's over, and I think [people will] be amazed what this hockey team is going through," Mike Schafer told the Cornell Daily Sun.

Actually, depending on what he reveals, it might explain a lot.

Posted by: Tub(a) (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 08:47AM

Omie

They must be awful if Schafer is willing to use them as excuses. twitch

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 08:58AM

Tub(a)
Omie

I interpreted that as his way of taking the heat off the players who have been out and acknowleding what I'm sure are very tough recuperation regimens. Not "excuses."

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 27, 2006 12:22PM

fenwick
min

Following up on this, there has never been a season in which one Ivy team won the Ivy League championship, a second won the ECAC regular-season title (or was the #1 seed in the playoffs), and yet a third won the ECAC tournament. Let's hope Cornell makes history this year!

Amen, Bill. (I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thinks about things like that.)

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 12:34PM

Trotsky
jmh30
dbilmes
Sasha and who?

You know. From "The O'Bourne Identity."

In that case, by all means get him back for the playoffs. Isn't the sequel entitled "The O'Bourne Supremacy"?

Date: February 27, 2006 12:43PM

jtwcornell91
I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thinks about things like that.

Not even close... ;-)

Date: February 27, 2006 03:58PM

Omie

Two points of interest on this topic, gleaned from reading the media guide while taking four hours of intravenous therapy this morning:

1. Schafer was awarded the team's "Ironman Award" in 1984 and 1985 for "determination to overcome injuries."

2. The "Ironman Award" winner in 1990 was Dr. Dan Yale. Maybe 2006 will be the another year for the team physician.

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 04:07PM

Al DeFlorio
while taking four hours of intravenous therapy this morning
Eep. Guess I must have missed something. Hope you're doing okay, Al.

Kyle

Date: February 27, 2006 04:14PM

krose
Al DeFlorio
while taking four hours of intravenous therapy this morning
Eep. Guess I must have missed something. Hope you're doing okay, Al.

Kyle
Thanks for asking. Chronic problem. Nothing life-threatening. Not to worry.

Date: February 27, 2006 04:47PM

Al DeFlorio

We understand. Explaining stuff to RichS takes a lot out of us, too. ;-)

Date: February 27, 2006 04:54PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio

That was more valuable than four hours of therapy. nut

Date: February 27, 2006 04:55PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio

Jerk.

(Beat that, Beeeej.)

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: February 27, 2006 04:58PM

Trotsky
(Beat that, Beeeej.)

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Give My Regards (---.oracorp.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 06:03PM

Al DeFlorio
2. The "Ironman Award" winner in 1990 was Dr. Dan Yale. Maybe 2006 will be the another year for the team physician.

As I recall, Dr. Yale won the award that year for his own determination in overcoming an illness.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2006 06:04PM by fenwick.

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - best/worst opponent?
Posted by: Rich S (12.162.105.---)
Date: February 27, 2006 06:21PM

billhoward
I hesitate to say anything about Clarkson being beatable in a 2x3 series because a) we messed that up once and b) I don't want to be responsible for giving Rich S carpal tunnel.

Hesitate? Why start letting that bother you guys now? I say...keep woofing! :-}

Re: the carpal tunnel, you have nothing to worry about. carpal tunnel didn't occur in '04, there's no chance it will happen in '06. Just to be clear here, that statement has nothing to do with Tech's chances in a 2 of 3 at Lynah.

Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 08:25PM

Trotsky
Tub(a)
Omie

I interpreted that as his way of taking the heat off the players who have been out and acknowleding what I'm sure are very tough recuperation regimens. Not "excuses."
Schafer's allusion could also be to players injured and playing ... at a level we think is subpar, not knowing perhaps what's really going on.

Date: February 27, 2006 09:48PM

billhoward
Schafer's allusion could also be to players injured and playing ... at a level we think is subpar, not knowing perhaps what's really going on.
Interesting thought. And we have one position where the "back-up" is pretty thin, too.

Posted by: Steve M (---.fluor.com)
Date: February 27, 2006 11:32PM

billhoward

That's how I read it too. I think it gives some reason for hope in the post season, especially since we have a bye next week. Hopefully that's enough time to allow most to all of the players to heal. Another reason for optimism is that the NCAAs look about as wide open as the ECAC playoffs. Other than Minnesota and maybe BU (who hasn't been that good in the NCAAs recently), I can't think of a top 10 team that's hitting on all cylinders right now. I just got my 2006 Cornell hockey calendar in the mail (thank you Schafer), so I have to start being optimistic. :-)

Edit: Looking at the Top 10 KRACh teams, Michigan State is hot as well. But that is good for us since it helps us in the PWR. Also we know Cornell can beat them when we're on our game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2006 11:36PM by Steve M.

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:33AM

Al DeFlorio
billhoward
Interesting thought. And we have one position where the "back-up" is pretty thin, too.

Louis has performed quite well the two times he has been called on this season. He has improved immensely since last year IMO.

Date: February 28, 2006 12:56AM

Beeeej
Trotsky
(Beat that, Beeeej.)

Beeeej

Teen2: "Are you being sarcastic, dude?"
Teen1: "I don't even know anymore..."

Date: February 28, 2006 12:02PM

Trotsky
Al DeFlorio

Hmmm. If what you guys said made more sense, it wouldn't take so much out of you. rolleyes
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2006 12:33PM by Rich S.

Date: February 28, 2006 12:07PM

Rich S
If what you guys made more sense

*giggle*

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: cth95 (---.uvm.edu)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:20PM

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the quote. Especially since the one in particular has been getting steadily better as the season has gone on.

Date: February 28, 2006 12:35PM

Thanks. I long ago learned the value of having a good editor. Or in this case, someone who revels in breaking my chops. lol...

I'll just chalk up this error to having a bad cold today. :-}

Posted by: canuck89 (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: February 28, 2006 12:47PM

I like how Louis has done in those two games. He has also logged some considerable time in both (i.e. he wasn't just put in for the last 5 minutes). I feel that if Mckee could not play for some reason, Louis could step it up to a level much better than most backup goalies.

Date: February 28, 2006 12:58PM

Rich S
Or in this case, someone who revels in breaking my chops. lol...

It's a little juvenile, I know, and I'm genuinely sorry, but in context it was absolutely perfect. :-D

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 28, 2006 01:04PM

No apology needed. I agree it was perfect. I served up a fastball right down the middle. :-D

Posted by: scannon (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:01PM

Would you two please stop flirting:-P

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - Moulson's goal
Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: February 28, 2006 03:23PM

Matt Moulson's goal, just as the powerplay ended, could be a classic video clip, What Not to Do on Defense. They backed in and backed in for what seemed like a minute (probably 2 or 3 seconds), perhaps figuring Moulson would lose interest and skate off, or that reinforcements would skate in from the bench. Eventually Moulson had the shot he wanted. Red light.

Re: Cornell-Union Post Game Thread - Moulson's goal
Date: February 28, 2006 03:56PM

billhoward
perhaps figuring Moulson would lose interest and skate off

LOL. That sounds like something from Winnie the Pooh. "You never can tell with bees." :-)

Posted by: ugarte (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 12:24AM

Trotsky
Trotsky
Al DeFlorio

Jerk.

(Beat that, Beeeej.)
Goddamit I lose internet access for one goddamn week and Beeeej gets credit for my jokes.

Jerks.

Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: March 01, 2006 11:08PM

scannon
Would you two please stop flirting:-P

Sounds like you're jealous. :-}

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login