Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

T-shirts for Harvard away

Posted by A-19 
T-shirts for Harvard away
Posted by: A-19 (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 07:45PM

Hey all. We are planning on making t-shirts for the Harvard away game in February (I know it's early now, but if I don't get price quotes now, I never will). The shirts will most likely be white, long-sleeved, and will probably run less than $30. The current design is:

(front, red letters)
Cornell Hockey
@ Lynah East
(graphic of hockey stick and puck to serve as a dividing line)
Road Trip 2003

(back, red letters)
Gimme an A!
Gimme another A!
Welcome to Harvard.

I actually have working graphics of the front and back, but I don't know how to post them online. Anyway, the reason I'm writing this is because, as long as the 10 of us are going to order them, I thought other people might be interested in possibly ordering some (make the Cornell contingent more prominent). Also, the more people order, the more the cost is driven down.

So, if anyone would be interested in ordering a shirt (and if anyone has any suggestions of which company to go with, or if any alums own a print shop or know someone who does...), please let me know @ mjr44@cornell.edu. Take care, and let's go red!

-Mike

Re: T-shirts for Harvard away
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 11:24PM

Aren't you missing a couple of As?

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 11:27PM

What, you expect them to take more than two courses?

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 31, 2002 11:59PM

This sounds like a great idea. I'd definitely be interested in obtaining one of these shirts.

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: November 01, 2002 07:46AM

How about letting CafePress do the shirts (as was done last year with the Screw BU t-shirts)? That way you just need the design and CafePress will take care of the sizing and style choices.

Date: November 01, 2002 08:08AM

Although they did eventually decide that Harvard must not have authorized the "Harvard Sucks" hats and pull the plug.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 08:27AM

How about not giving those asswipes at CafePress any more business?

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 09:02AM

Age I can feel the love. . .;-)

Posted by: jeh25 (130.132.105.---)
Date: November 01, 2002 09:24AM

Ben, did you piss in Age's corn flakes again? ;-)

Posted by: kaelistus (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 09:59AM

I love the idea... Especially walking around Harvard Yahd with those shirts for weeks on end after we destroy them (knock on wood).

Only a minor quibble: Do you HAVE to put Road Trip 2003 in there? For those of us who live two T stops away from Hahvahd, it doesn't make any sense.

In any case, sign me up!

Posted by: JohnnyB (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 10:08AM

I think you can count me in for one of the shirts as well. For hats, if you are in Boston, go to the place at Quincy Market. They will make up the hat to your specifications. It costs around $40 but that are well made. I have a Cornell Hockey hat that has "Harvard Sucks" embroidered on the back and to do that was around $15.

-J

Date: November 01, 2002 10:22AM

It's also probably not the only Lynah East game in 2003, given the way that ECAC schedules usually alternate.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 04:05PM

Felix, I don't think anyone in Harvard Yard would care in the slightest if you walked around in one of the T-shirts. Hell, 90% of them probably don't even know that Harvard has a hockey team.

Posted by: kaelistus (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 04:16PM

The second part of the shirt is not hockey specific.

Give me an A... etc. etc. hits the mark pretty well.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 04:18PM

That's true...

I would suggest making the shirts red instead of white. Particularly if you plan to sell a large number of them, I think it would have a much greater effect to have people all in red.

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 04:56PM

I agree... especially for an away game (if the Road Trip portion is on there).

LGR! (Just over 2 hours away now!)

Posted by: Adam '01 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 05:02PM

I agree with Graham. A sea of red would have the greatest effect.

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 05:52PM

Count me in. . .I'll take a medium:-P

Date: November 01, 2002 06:02PM

thank you for all your support.

ok, so we'll do red with white writing.
road trip 2003 can be changed to february 15, 2003, and the shirt will be long-sleeved, right? it will still wind up to be lke $30. does anyone have ideas on places to get it printed yet? i have had individual shirts printed at the shop @ the commons and they have done a good job (also no S&H charges to get to me). i'm not sure how we'd distribute them to everyone- prob by shipping, unless we wanna hand them out in front of the rink?

-mike

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 06:12PM

Why be specific about the date? You're spending $20+ on a shirt that's only "current" once, and then forever after is merely "commemorative."

Beeeej

Posted by: Adam '01 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 06:33PM

Mike, it might make sense to get a general headcount through numerous channels. Maybe you can get a more scientific count from Elf, through the Cornell Club of Boston, and any other outlets that people might be able to suggest. In fact, if it were me, I might even ask the Cornell Club to make a donation toward the cost of the shirts, as to lower the price for the end/retail customer. You might then plan to print 10-20% more than that number of shirts....seeing as a) many alums/students/fans who didn't know about this project will want to buy one on the spot and b) even those who say no initially might have a change of heart when many other Faithful are in red.

Another way to sample would be to estimate the number of tickets sold to Cornell fans and then the percentage of those people who will want shirts.

And I agree with Beeej, why be specific on date? These can potentially be used for years to come. :-)

Merely suggestions of course; as any level of dedication to this is, I'm sure, appreciated by us all!!

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: November 01, 2002 07:44PM

i also know of a company that may be able to do these for little money too. lemme know if u need me to make some calls for ya if the other avenues become dead ends. :-)
this is a great idea and i wish i could make the trip!

Date: November 02, 2002 02:11AM

i have designed the front and back with the revisions suggested- red long-sleeved shirt, small Cornell Hockey @ Lynah East on the front, same slogan on the back. I am going to attempt to use the

Date: November 02, 2002 02:12AM

lemme try one more time

Date: November 02, 2002 02:13AM

ok, i have no idea how to post a picture of the shirt online for you guys. any suggestions?

-mike

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: November 02, 2002 11:16AM

Yeah... the problem is that the address you have it linking to is on your hard drive, which is all well and good for you, but when we try to view c:\harvard.jpeg, we don't have it - some of our computers don't even have c:\ at all.

What you have to do it upload the picture to somewhere online and then link to that. Your ISP will almost certainly have a few megs of space available for you to host a web page, so you can put it there an then use that URL between the IMG tags.

-Fred

Posted by: Erica (140.241.225.---)
Date: November 02, 2002 12:38PM

No offense, but you ain't going to get money from CCOB. Apparently, they didn't get the money they usually get from Cornell, so as a result we members have to pay twice the ticket amount for all events, in addition to our dues. Example, the Club got HU/CU football tickets for $6, however, we all had to pay $12. Thus, I haven't figured out what benefits I get for being in the club, except to get access to Harvard hockey tickets a little earlier. You can try, but if they were to give you money, it would just come from the members, so maybe you should just charge us more like they do.

Posted by: Erin '02 (---)
Date: November 02, 2002 04:13PM

I used a t-shirt printing place last year out on Hanshaw Rd. I can't remember the name though. They printed 90 quality t-shirts for me at a good price (long sleeve under $20 pp). They were also quick and friendly. Look 'em up in the phone book and ask them for a quote too.

Date: November 02, 2002 06:44PM

Dear all,

I have made an executive decision and ordered the Tshirts through T Shirt Expressions on the commons. They are red, long sleeved, with white silk screen printing on the front and back. They will be ready by THE HOME HARVARD GAME (get them out early). I have ordered 30, (10m, 10l, 10xl). I am selling them to some people on campus, and am bringing the remaining 20-25 to the harvard game on the 22nd to sell pretty quietly in section A. I would suggest that anyone who would like a shirt, and will be at the game should buy it there. The price will be $20. If I don't have the size you wanted, or if I run out, the T-shirt shop has 30 extra ready to be made within one day's notice, and I can bring them to the Brown game. After that, I plan to sell them at the Harvard game. If you can't make any of those games, and won't be on campus this semester, I can mail the shirts out, I guess. In any case, I'll have the first batch for Nov 22. My seat is row 9 in section A, on the aisle between A and B. Hope to see everyone there, and buying shirts to support the Red against the grade inflated overranked crimson.

Take care,
Mike

On a sidenote, do you think I will run into alot of trouble selling the shirts in Lynah? I know that Cornell has its rules for putting its name on shirts, and selling things on university property. I'm gonna try to get in good with the usher who has policed our aisle for the past 3 years and keep the sale quiet.

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: November 04, 2002 11:01AM

Isn't that sort of a silly question to be asking in a public, widely-read forum - and after the fact? You've pretty much made your bed at this point.

Beeeej

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: November 04, 2002 03:10PM

Make sure you save one for your friend with the unnecessarily long username! (That would be me.) ;)

Date: November 04, 2002 11:55PM

if i don't have enough friday night (i should have at least 20 after i sell to some friends), i can get 30 more for brown. just flag me down at the harvard game-- sect a, row 9, on the B aisle, and if i run out, i'll make a list of names and sizes and e-mail addys.

-mike

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login