Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell at Union on TV and free webcast

Posted by mha 
Cornell at Union on TV and free webcast
Posted by: mha (---.cit.cornell.edu)
Date: February 20, 2006 12:17PM

Cornell has announced that this Saturday evening's season finale, Big Red men's ice hockey at Union, will be broadcast live by Time Warner Cable, in Central and Northern New York on channel 26, in the Capital District on channel 3, and as a free live webcast at [www.twalbany.com] starting at 7pm Saturday. Jason Moy and Matt DuBrey will be calling the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2006 12:20PM by mha.

Re: Cornell at Union on TV and free webcast
Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 01:06PM

Link to article. Hope their bandwidth is ready....

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.aere.iastate.edu)
Date: February 20, 2006 01:45PM

Winnabago
Link to article. Hope their bandwidth is ready....

[cornellbigred.collegesports.com]

If it can, maybe Cornell ought to think about changing their service provider...uptoupto

Posted by: Winnabago (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 20, 2006 02:10PM

I'm banking on a nice smooth, wide open connection, given that TW is a major national ISP. That if they don't sub it out to someone like CSTV or Google Video.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: February 20, 2006 02:14PM

Cool. I think that's the day all the Mardi Gras parades are during the day. B-]

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: Rolevio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: February 21, 2006 09:08AM

This is the third such Union Game TW Albany has broadcast. I watched the Yale-Union game 2 weeks ago on the webcast and it was extremely smooth, no problems at all.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 24, 2006 01:38PM

A bump up for those of us who are having trouble remembering which game is available via a free webcast.

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-192-99.myvzw.com)
Date: February 24, 2006 07:21PM

Does anyone have any suggestions where this game will be on TV in any public places in Ithaca? Tnx

Posted by: profudge (---.dsl1.nor.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 10:39AM

Uncle Joe's - I hope to watch the game there

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:33AM

just a simple request to those following the games on elynah. since today's game is televised, can you please not put the score in the thread title? I plan on taping it and watching it late tonight.

-Devin

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 25, 2006 11:42AM

Dpperk29
just a simple request to those following the games on elynah. since today's game is televised, can you please not put the score in the thread title? I plan on taping it and watching it late tonight.

-Devin

Why would you be checking Elynah if you don't want to know the score? screwy

Posted by: imafrshmn (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 25, 2006 12:27PM

For anyone lost on the time warner site, the link to the webcast is here [twc.twalbany.com]

Date: February 25, 2006 01:01PM

old habits die hard... elynah is one of those sites I check nearly everytime I sit down at my computer

Posted by: las224 (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 02:33PM

Well, break the habit, and don't look at eLynah if you don't want to know the score. It's not really fair to ask everyone not to post about the game just so that you don't see, when you could easily not look till you watch.

I had to tape the Olympic figure skating finals (and they weren't even aired live), so I avoided the TV/internet for two days to avoid finding out till I could watch for myself. Yeah, it kind of sucked, but I wasn't going to call the TV station complaining that they shouldn't announce who won till I had watched myself.

Sorry to be harsh, but that request seems pretty silly...

Posted by: redice (---.sub-70-192-31.myvzw.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 03:28PM

Thanks, Profudge. Uncle Joe's was going to be the first place I tried. Under the previous management (Ithaca Sports Club?), it was a no-brainer to go there for CU Hockey. I haven't heard anything about the place under the current management. Maybe I'll see you there.

Date: February 25, 2006 03:51PM

I am not asking everyone not to post about the game. Just don't put "Cornell 20 Union 21" in the thread title. Instead make it "Cornell @ Union" or whatever. I guess that is on outrageous request, i'll make sure next time I am looking for some common courtesy that I don't start at your house

Posted by: Alyssa '05 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 03:52PM

Dino's in Collegetown also says they will show the game on their big screen.

Posted by: DisplacedCornellian (---.hr.hr.cox.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 03:57PM

It's just a silly request. You wouldn't go to ESPN.com if you didn't want to know the scores to an NHL game, would you? So why would you go to elynah if you didn't want to know the Cornell score. Geesh.

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 04:21PM

I'm with Perk on this one. If you can't attend/listen to the game and you aren't following along online it is alot more fun to scroll through the posts to see how the game progressed than just to get the score and ruin the thrill. I think it is a pretty resonable request.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 04:38PM

The point of posting the score in the thread title is that the correct score then always appears at the head of each post automatically, so every single person who joins the thread doesn't say, "what's the score?"

Posting the scoring in the top post forstalls everybody who joins the thread from immediately asking, "who scored for us."

It's not a silly request, but there are reasons for posting the updates. If you don't want to know the score, don't visit eLynah.

If you want to see how bad threads get without this, go look at a log of an im game thread.
Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 04:43PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: February 25, 2006 04:48PM

Dpperk29
I am not asking everyone not to post about the game. Just don't put "Cornell 20 Union 21" in the thread title. Instead make it "Cornell @ Union" or whatever. I guess that is on outrageous request, i'll make sure next time I am looking for some common courtesy that I don't start at your house

You'll get plenty of courtesy if you visit my house. When you ask the hundred people who visit the site and follow along with the game to modify their behavior because you want to 1) tape the game and 2) visit eLynah (why? The only news is going to be about the game!), that is not "common" courtesy, that is 'Five Towns Girl demands all drivers refrain from passing while she fixes her makeup' courtesy.

I assume you would also like people to refrain from all references to the result in post-game threads, such as "well that sucked" or "thank God for Evan Salmela's 7-goal game!"?

Cmon. Not visiting eLF for one night is probably not going to kill you.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2006 04:50PM by Trotsky.

Date: February 25, 2006 05:06PM

Trotsky,

thank you for politely outlining this reasons, that makes alot of sense now that I think of it.

pretend I never made the request

Posted by: Bahnstorm (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 25, 2006 05:10PM

Trotsky
Cmon. Not visiting eLF for one night is probably not going to kill you.

I'm not sure that this is the point. It isn't a matter of not visting the site for one night. Its a matter of when you do visit to learn how the game(s) went, it is more fun to read through the entire game thread to get a bit of suspense. There isn't anything wrong with score discussion in a post-game thread.
If just the first post of game thread is updated so late comers could get the update quickly, since scrolling through 1 page might be too much for their busy lives, this would be nicer than posting the score in the thread title, which is hard to ignore.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: February 27, 2006 01:32PM

Trotsky
"thank God for Evan Salmela's 7-goal game!"

I'm so looking forward to the game that occasions such a post.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login