Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

"What do you want more of from eLynah" poll discussion

Posted by CowbellGuy 
"What do you want more of from eLynah" poll discussion
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 10:42AM

Looking for ideas, thoughts on what you'd like to see more of in the future from the eLynah family of web sites.

Re: "What do you want more of from eLynah" poll discussion
Posted by: nshapiro (146.145.226.---)
Date: October 29, 2002 01:29PM

I would like to see a choice in the CornellPass poll of :

"Will stop donating to the Cornell Athletic Department"

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 01:52PM

My donation goes directly to the hockey program--or at least that's my intent--so I'm not going to stop making it. But I'm really pissed at this wrongheaded decision. Could you tell?:-(

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 05:31PM

Realtime scoresheet of the game, a la those available from the NHL. If all the goals, penalties, and shots are entered to the scoreboard, there's a data stream somewhere already for the home games. Or, less sexy but more obvious, enough of us listen to the games that you could declare a few mods and have them update a data file.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 05:36PM

> My donation goes directly to the hockey program

IIRC, it doesn't matter. If you donate $1k to the hockey program, the AD merely takes $1k off the department allocation to the hockey program and puts it in a general fund that then gets allocated out according to policy, or whim, or something (balance off debt, restore the blind archery program, new brakejob for Noel's Volvo, whatever).

Only way to beat the system is to exceed the allocation. So, if we have any millionaires out there...

Posted by: Larry72 (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 09:12PM

Another way to contribute directly to the hockey program is to join the Cornell Hockey Association. All the dollars help...however in the two top tiers, Coaches Club and Coaches Circle ($500 and $1,000) respectively, there's significant money going directly to the team.

Some of the "extras" that are funded by these two programs are:
- Friday night and Saturday morning team meals for home games.
- Specialized gear for the players (Underhill's pads a couple of years back.)
- Last minute recruiting trips by the coaches. Those "extra" trips to Western Canada and other places have had a direct result in a number of the players at Cornell today.

It's not just a donation of dollars. Some of the "stuff" that Coaches Club and Coaches Circle members receive:
- Eight lunches with Coach Schafer and special guests on the Fridays before home weekends. The lunches are quite lively and members do get a different insight into game and what's going on in the backround.
- Guaranteed seasons tickets (still have to buy them)
- Free admission to Afterglows
- All the priveleges of being in the Cornell Hockey Association

The Coaches Club got started by a bunch of us local business guys back when Brian McCutchen was coach as a way to better support the team when the NCAA began cracking down on having players live in peoples homes, etc. Last year there were about 50 members...the goal is to get 60 or so in the top two tiers.

For membership info, contact the Cornell Hockey Association or Sue Detzer at the hockey office.

Larry '72

Re: data stream
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: October 30, 2002 08:20AM

Tapping into their data stream is a pipe dream. However, I have finished a way to add information to games incrementally to the CHDB. I can have some sort of game-in-progress page, but the info would have to be entered manually by someone. At the very least I'll be doing it between periods for home games, or if someone wants to volunteer while listening, that's a possibility too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login