Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Dartmouth @ Lynah post game thread 2/17/06

Posted by Ben Rocky '04 
Dartmouth @ Lynah post game thread 2/17/06
Posted by: Ben Rocky '04 (---.hyatsv01.md.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:26PM

Whiney dartmouth announcer. Any out of town scores?

Re: Dartmouth @ Lynah post game thread 2/17/06
Posted by: Jeff Hopkins '82 (---.airproducts.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:31PM

UNH beats BU 7-4
Maine up on BC 3-1 in the 2nd
UNO 2 Michigan 0 after 2

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:32PM

Poise. Dartmouth lost its cool, took penalties, lost its cool some more, and Cornell (for the most part didn't retaliate). And that was why Cornell won 3-1. Solid effort by Cornell. Great penalty kill.

One sloppy play by Cornell, when the five forwards lost control of the puck in the Cornell end on power play, cost McKee a shutout.

If the scoreboard was correct, it was 36-18 shots on goal for Cornell. Amazing.

If there were any downsides, it was Cornell's three goals came on, what, 2 of 8 or thereabouts on powerplay, plus a rare even strength goal by Matt Moulson on what appeared to be a freak play where Moulson's shot went wide, bounced back off the boards, and bounced off Devine's skate or body and into the net. In other words, if Cornell needs to rely on solid even strength scoring, this was not a game where it happened.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:39PM

other ecac scores from the post game wrap up

Colgate 4 - hahvahd 1 F
SLU 4 brown 1 F
Clarkson 3-2 Yale (partial 30 sec left at last update)
RPI 4 - Princeton 4 (partial in OT)

Union - Quinnipiac - no report

Date: February 17, 2006 09:40PM

Q 3 U 1

Posted by: Chris 02 (---.icsincorporated.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:41PM

All the ECAC scores are up on USCHO.

Home teams all won, with the exception of RPI Princeton with a 4-4 tie.

Date: February 17, 2006 09:42PM

Michigan State leading Miami 3-1 in the 3rd.

Posted by: calgARI '07 (205.232.75.---)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:45PM

Excellent performance tonight. Everyone played well. Dartmouth continues to be the worst-coached team in the conference while being the most undisciplined. Maybe Gaudet should realize that the more he flips out behind the bench, the more idiotic his players play. Just a classless team playing for a classless coach.
My 3 Stars Tonight:
3. Scott
2. Krantz
1. Bitz

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:46PM

calgARI '07
Excellent performance tonight. Everyone played well. Dartmouth continues to be the worst-coached team in the conference while being the most undisciplined. Maybe Gaudet should realize that the more he flips out behind the bench, the more idiotic his players play. Just a classless team playing for a classless coach.
My 3 Stars Tonight:
3. Scott
2. Krantz
1. Bitz

If McCutcheon is the new Iggulden, I think it's safe to say that Bitz is the new Hynes.

Posted by: redredux (---.maine.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:00PM

Did O'Byrne and Sasha play tonight? Were any of the regulars out of the lineup?

Posted by: PinkyGen (---.DATANET.NYU.EDU)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:01PM

Sasha was in. No O'Byrne

Date: February 17, 2006 10:02PM

redredux
Did O'Byrne and Sasha play tonight? Were any of the regulars out of the lineup?

Sasha played. O'B didn't

Posted by: Drew042 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:13PM

Great game by Bitz tonight. I thought he was the most dominating player on the ice. Good to see Sasha back, although coach needs to somehow get it through the players heads not to grab the puck and hurtle it down the ice. That is the third time (at least) that I have seen them take that penalty this year. Thought McKee played great as well, especially in the third period where he made several key saves.

I vaguely remembered that Gaudet was a headcase, but I really didn't remember him being quite that bad. I thought the vein on his forehead was going to burst at least 50 times!!

Good to see that Carefoot wasn't hurt too badly on that blocked shot in the second period and continued to play on. Hopefully he is able to play tomorrow without too much trouble.

Drew

Posted by: Pete Godenschwager (---.nyroc.rr.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:40PM

What was with Glass taking a drink from McKee's water bottle? What a punk.

Posted by: mjc (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:41PM

Did anyone have a good look at our third goal? What happened...how did that go in. I was in section A and quite surprised when the light went off...

Posted by: Mike K (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 17, 2006 10:45PM

I sit right behind the net, here is what happend. Moulson shot it/dumped it in wide of the net, it kicked back in front and the goalie for some reason slid toward the puck and it hit of his skate and went right in the net. Hey, a goal is a goal and maybe this will get moulson to get his head out of his ass.

Re: Dartmouth @ Lynah post game thread - other scores
Date: February 17, 2006 10:46PM

Harvard-Colgate box score says the Cantabs' primary sieve, John Daigneau, who was hurt and didn't play in the Beanpot Monday, lasted one period and gave up 2 goals on 10 shots (No. 2 at 19:21). Not clear if he was still hurting or just a sieve.

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 01:13AM

As for Moulson's goal, his original shot deflected off a leg or two, bounced off the back board and managed to rebound perfectly to hit Devine in the back of the leg or skate and in. The three dartmouth players falling over Devine to try and do something about it was priceless laugh

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 01:18AM

On that third goal, Devine kicked the puck in a bit too. Prompted all sorts of MVP chants from us in section G.

McKee played great. Bitz looked great as well, which is a lot from me as I've thought he's been rather bad for most of this year. He's finally using his size, and hitting. Sawada was killing people all over the ice.

Anyway, the five forward PP line. Think it worked? We got two goals off of it, and offensively, it looked solid. On the other hand, we gave up a horrible shorthanded goal. I thought it was Pegs' fault, but someone mentioned Bitz. Either way, any defenseman on our team would have broken up Dartmouth's pressure there. Honestly, our forwards should have as well.

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 18, 2006 02:17AM

Dafatone
On that third goal, Devine kicked the puck in a bit too. Prompted all sorts of MVP chants from us in section G.

McKee played great. Bitz looked great as well, which is a lot from me as I've thought he's been rather bad for most of this year. He's finally using his size, and hitting. Sawada was killing people all over the ice.

Anyway, the five forward PP line. Think it worked? We got two goals off of it, and offensively, it looked solid. On the other hand, we gave up a horrible shorthanded goal. I thought it was Pegs' fault, but someone mentioned Bitz. Either way, any defenseman on our team would have broken up Dartmouth's pressure there. Honestly, our forwards should have as well.

Frankly, I think the goal they gave up wasnt as much due to 5 forwards as it was that they just werent paying attention. Hopefully now it's happened once they wont let it happen again.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: jaybert (---.student.harvard.edu)
Date: February 18, 2006 10:46AM

front page picture on uscho.com....whatsup w/ the jersey color? Looks like harvard *gag*

Posted by: aznxjz (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 11:00AM

Krantz?? I didn't think he played very well tonighT...

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 12:57PM

I thought Krantz looked great. Really, all the defensemen played very well cutting off breakaways and Dartmouth chances.

Posted by: Trustnduzt (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 18, 2006 03:11PM

About that 5 forward PP line, I was super surprised to something like that being pulled out, since Coach most always sticks a defensemen (Sasha, Seminoff) on there at the point.

I think that the line worked quite well, though I'm sure about Pegs being on there over, say, Carefoot.

Thoughts on an alternate for Pegs?

Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 18, 2006 03:18PM

Trustnduzt
About that 5 forward PP line, I was super surprised to something like that being pulled out, since Coach most always sticks a defensemen (Sasha, Seminoff) on there at the point.

I think that the line worked quite well, though I'm sure about Pegs being on there over, say, Carefoot.

Thoughts on an alternate for Pegs?

Pegoraro is an interesting choice for a point man, but I think he makes sense in the 5 forward line. He is very responsible defensively, and as a center carries the responsibility of having to be the first one back even strength. Also, I think he was thrown on there because of his strong passing abilities. My guess is that the goal of this line was to get more puck movement so Moulson can get more open and get some nicer shots. On the other hand, I think that the SHG was a result of a lack of defensemen out there on the ice. When Sasha is on his game, he has as good hands as any of the forwards on the team, so I would like to see him out there on the first PP unit.

Posted by: Trustnduzt (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 18, 2006 03:19PM

Good hands, unless he picks up the puck :-P
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2006 03:19PM by Trustnduzt.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 18, 2006 03:42PM

Jacob '06
Pegoraro is an interesting choice for a point man, but I think he makes sense in the 5 forward line. He is very responsible defensively, and as a center carries the responsibility of having to be the first one back even strength. Also, I think he was thrown on there because of his strong passing abilities. My guess is that the goal of this line was to get more puck movement so Moulson can get more open and get some nicer shots. On the other hand, I think that the SHG was a result of a lack of defensemen out there on the ice. When Sasha is on his game, he has as good hands as any of the forwards on the team, so I would like to see him out there on the first PP unit.

I agree with you re Pegs. His vision is great, and led him to pass off to Bitz for the one-timer which Topher put in off the rebound. The fact is Sasha wasn't on his game last night. He dogged it all night long. When he's on he should be on that top pp unit, but the fact is, he wasn't on last night.

Posted by: dbilmes (69.37.78.---)
Date: February 18, 2006 04:40PM

redhair34
The fact is Sasha wasn't on his game last night. He dogged it all night long. When he's on he should be on that top pp unit, but the fact is, he wasn't on last night.

They interviewed Sasha between periods last night and when he was asked if he was 100 percent, he refused to give out any information. That leads me to believe his injury is still bothering him and perhaps that's why Schafer wanted to limit his ice time and that explains why he didn't have a great game.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2006 04:42PM by dbilmes.

Posted by: Dart~Ben (129.170.129.---)
Date: February 18, 2006 08:37PM

calgARI '07
Dartmouth continues to be the worst-coached team in the conference while being the most undisciplined.

That worst-coached team somehow has managed a winning record against Cornell under his tenure... rolleyes

And speaking of undisciplined, who is that I see in fifth in the conference in PIM's, with 2.5 min/gm more than Dartmouth? rolleyes rolleyes

Date: February 19, 2006 08:12AM

The interviewer (Ted Baker) did what he was supposed to do and asked Sasha on a scale of 1 to 10 how he felt now and Sasha said something like, "I'm not going to ... I can't say." Sasha could have been a little more deft in dodging the question but he wasn't snappy and it's not as if he's a 28-year-old All-Star for Washington and has had a couple summers of team media training.

These between-periods interviews are pretty soft ("That was an awesome goal you had last week ... tell us about it.";) The Harvard radio station does a good job asking offbeat questions like who's hottest with the ladies, or what the worst pizza they've had in Boston, etcetera.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login