Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell vs. York, 10/27

Posted by littleredfan 
Cornell vs. York, 10/27
Posted by: littleredfan (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 06:56PM

please post score updates here help

Re: Cornell vs. York, 10/27
Posted by: kingpin248 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 08:14PM

There is no radio broadcast of tonight's game, and Hockeycam does not appear to be operational.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 09:41PM

9-1 Final.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 09:49PM

Jordan, that's just mean.

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 09:54PM

It may have been mean, but man, that was a GREAT game. Too bad we couldn't get a tenth goal to test the second digit's lights on the scoreboard.

I've also concluded that the little kids playing hockey in between periods (who I have nicknamed the Littlest Red) would have made better opponents than York. :-D :-D :-D

Posted by: Ben Doyle 03 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 09:54PM

Matt Moulson left the ice late in the third after he was undercut at the blue line. He was favoring the injuried knee (limping would be an under statement), I just hope he's alright and he didn't blow out his knee.

It was nice to see Sammy take exception to this drop the punk who hit Matt with a single punch. Way to go Sam!!!

Date: October 27, 2002 10:01PM

[q]Jordan, that's just mean.[/q]

?

If you're referring to me not putting which team was victorious...I didn't think it was much of a question if you came here and just saw the score. Do you have that little faith in the team? twitch

If you're referring to me just giving the score and nothing about the game, I leave that to others, who always seem to have a closer eye on the action and give better synopses for the out-of-towners.

Posted by: judy (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 10:02PM

So, otherwise, how do they look? First game of the year, do they still remember how to pass the puck or will it take a couple of more weeks for them to remember how to do it?

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 10:04PM

Jordan, not only did you give no details for those of us who are thousands of miles away sitting in silence and updating eLF every 5 seconds, YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY WHICH TEAM WON!!!!

(Sorry for yelling, but I was a little perturbed.)

LGR!

Date: October 27, 2002 10:06PM

[q]Jordan, not only did you give no details for those of us who are thousands of miles away sitting in silence and updating eLF every 5 seconds, YOU DIDN'T EVEN SAY WHICH TEAM WON!!!!

(Sorry for yelling, but I was a little perturbed.)
[/q]

Misunderstanding here.... I was at the game. Difficult to give updates from there ;-)

Posted this upon returning home.

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 10:25PM

Some broad observations of mine...

- We seem to have a very good freshman class. A bunch of them got goals and assists in this game.
- Marr and Chabot only played half a period each in the third period, but Marr made one or two nice saves. I think he may end up being a very good goalie for us like LeNeveu. Chabot didn't really see enough action to prove himself one way or the other.
- The team overall still needs to mesh and sync together more, but they are definitely a few steps above "a bunch of guys who haven't played all summer". It should make for an interesting game at Ohio State next week.
- If all else fails, we can always use the Littlest Red as backups. :-D

Posted by: toni (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 10:46PM

Murray did not come out of the locker room in the third period worry

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 11:05PM

toni wrote:

Murray did not come out of the locker room in the third period worry
Seven defensemen (19 skaters if I counted correctly) were dressed:
Murray
McRae
Downs
Cook
Wallace
Bell
Gleed
Point being, I'd imagine that he was just getting an early rest.

Posted by: Adam '04 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 11:16PM

I think it was to prevent a fight. After he had showered and dressed, Doug opened the door leading out onto the ice when Special-K got the cheep shot to the neck. He seemed to be yelling at the York guy in question. All in all I believe that not allowing him to skate in the third was the correct decision.
The team looked good. We have a bunch of speed this year, and it seem like lots of guys who are natural scorers. Many more loose pucks seemed to make it on net tonight than in the past two years. The lines worked well together. I could put them together now, but I am writing a lab that is due tomorrow, so I will leave that to another with more time.

Date: October 27, 2002 11:18PM

He did however stand at the door behind the goal, at one point he actually opened it when Knoepfli took a hit to the headand looked as though he was coming onto the ice to regulate uhoh

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 11:36PM

yeah the team looked great. fast and playing well with the boards and cycling. the goal that lenny gave up was a nice feed on a two on 0 or 2-1 (the defenseman was there...). i actually thought that kearns played decent, it was just that cornell took so many shots or had a bunch of odd man rushes. the frosh looked good. moulson (somebody give that kid a beer) looked pretty hurt. the hit could have been legal if the kid hadnt gone so low - it was a dangerous hit. and sammy coming to the rescue was sweet. coming to ur teamates aid this early in the season is wonderful. knoefle (sorry too late to look up the spelling) was hurt at the end too. abbott got nailed towards the end of the third on a really nice and clean hit. but he got right up. murray was showered and in a suit for the 3rd, i imagine for rest and safety too.
all in all, a great game and great to be back. it sux that all the games are sold out at home though.
nice to see the newbies reacting to the cheers, learning them, and trying to cheer them :-) i remember those days fondly ( i am getting old).

Posted by: Robb (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 12:04AM

Box score looks pretty nice: 26 points on 9 goals, 15 guys with points, 12 guys with assists, 8 different goal scorers, 4 defensemen with points, 7 points for the freshmen (including 3 goals), 3/7 on the power play, 6/6 on the kill. If we can keep those kind of numbers going, it should be a decent season... ;)

Date: October 28, 2002 12:28AM

[q]moulson (somebody give that kid a beer) looked pretty hurt. the hit could have been legal if the kid hadnt gone so low[/q]

Here's hoping Mouslon's ok.

It seemed like he was skating ok directly after the hit, but I guess we'll know soon the extent of the injury, if he incurred one.

He looked very good at Red/White, and I thought he looked great tonight, so hopefully he's alright.

The entire freshman class looked very good tonight. Hard working and making a lot of plays. Hopefully making the hit we take with the loss of '02 graduates a little more bearable...

Posted by: tml5 (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 12:58AM

When you say "skating ok" I suspect you mean Knoepfli, who looked ok after taking that hit up high (well, once he got up, that is). Probably just got his bell rung. I didn't see Moulson put his right foot on the ice after taking that trip, although he was flexing the knee a bit. The York player got 5 and a game DQ, while Paolini got 5 and a game misconduct. Important distinction, that - Paolini should be available for the OSU game.

I thought Hynes was the biggest standout of the freshmen, but the Abbotts looked pretty good, too. Moulson got more impressive as the night wore on, until he had to make his early exit Didn't get to see as much of Pegoraro, since he was in the box for 10 minutes in the first, and Gleed seemed capable although I didn't pay that much attention to him.

How about Ben Wallace with a pretty goal? Talk about unexpected. . . and Charlie Cook has improved his slap shot, and should be a threat from the point on the second PP unit.

Overall the team, and especially LeNeveu, looked a little bit rusty, but that's expected for the first game. Depending on how things go this week at practice, I think the OSU game should be interesting. Hopefully the extra game experience that OSU brings won't matter much.

I thought I saw Iggulden for a brief moment in the first, but that could've been someone else, and I don't remember seeing Matt McRae at all. Were they dressed for this game?

I think the lack of Vesce, Murray, and a couple of other key guys in the third was just to prevent them from getting hurt. No need to risk key injuries in a meaningless game like that.

Posted by: Greg Berge (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 05:34AM

Canadian exhibitions can get rough -- just as well that Murray got the third period off. I wonder if a DQ in an exhibition means anything for subsequent games.

Posted by: jy3 (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 06:36AM

matt mcrae had the day off to heal

Fulton's back
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 08:33AM

Is this the same Fulton who did such a great job in our game at RPI last year? nut

Re: Fulton's back
Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 09:43AM

Of course it is. :-/

The HockeyCam will definitely make its debut at the next home game. The streaming server's changed since last year and I didn't get a chance to set up the software on it yet or do any testing, for that matter. It will be an MPEG-4 stream, though, so you will need QuickTime 6 for it. Where the audio will come from is still unresolved, but I'm hopeful something can be worked out.

Secondly, I wasn't quite able to finish the ability to do live updates to CHDB box scores in time for Sunday's game, but should have it done sometime this week. So possibly for OSU, and definitely by the first home game, I'll have live updates of the box scores.

Posted by: gwm3 (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 09:45AM

I'm pretty sure that DQ's in the Canadian exhibitions don't carry over--they are not even NCAA games. Feel free to correct me if anyone knows for sure though...

Posted by: crodger1 (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 10:33AM

The USCHO recap of the game (I take it Adam Wodon was there: [www.uscho.com]) suggests that Moulson suffered only a "minor" sprain, but Coach Schafer's comments in the column don't seem consistent with that. Any updates on Moulson's condition would be greatly appreciated (as well as any interpretation of Schafer's comments in the article -- was he just saying "it could have been really bad"?).

Anne and I saw Moulson play in Guelph last year and were greatly looking forward to seeing him play for Cornell -- he looked like he could really contribute to the squad. I'd hate to see him miss any of the season based on a preseason match-up.

LGR!

Posted by: Beeeej (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 10:41AM

The big question, Age:

Will it include audio?

Beeeej

Moulson
Posted by: Jordan 04 (128.253.226.---)
Date: October 28, 2002 10:44AM

FWIW, the Sun this morning has Moulson's injury reported as "little more than a bruised knee."

And from the sound of the game recap, the Sun's take on things appears to be worth nothing -- once again.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 10:58AM

And I quote my previous post:

[q]Where the audio will come from is still unresolved, but I'm hopeful something can be worked out.[/q]

Stay tuned

Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 11:04AM

Even if Age manages to work out something for the hockeycam audio, we're still stuck paying the $7/month to listen to the Cornell broadcast of away games. :-(

Do you have to sign up for an extended period of time or can I cancel my subscription for the months when I can make it to all or most of the games?

Exhibition DQ's
Posted by: cbuckser (134.186.177.---)
Date: October 28, 2002 01:05PM

Unless the rule has recently changed (which I doubt), DQs in exhibition games carry over into the regular season. Three years ago, David Francis got DQ'd in the exhibition game against Western Ontario and had to sit out the season opener at RPI.

Re: Moulson
Date: October 28, 2002 01:49PM

Word has it that he was doing "okay" this morning and is scheduled for an MRI this afternoon to rule out anything serious. let's keep our fingers crossed.

Re: Exhibition DQ's
Date: October 28, 2002 01:57PM

Here's the deal. . .the York player got a five minute major for tripping and the game DQ, Sam got a five minute major for elbowing and and a game misconduct. The important difference being the game DQ carries the suspension and the game misconduct just throws you out for the rest of the current game. Sam will be able to play next weekend even if they do carry into the regular season.

IMO, it looked like Fulton knew how his call would impact next weeks play and took it into consideration b/c Sam surely threw a punch and under regular season standards would have recieved a game DQ. Even if he was terrible the rest of the night he at least gave us this one.

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: October 28, 2002 02:26PM

Ben '03 wrote:

Here's the deal. . .the York player got a five minute major for tripping...
Clipping, actually. It's a new violation this year according to the USCHO recap.

Date: October 28, 2002 02:33PM

. . .interesting. . .rolleyes

deleted post
Date: October 28, 2002 02:33PM

Posted by: Josh '99 (207.10.33.---)
Date: October 28, 2002 02:56PM

It's a good call to be able to make. Even incidental knee-on-knee contact can cause major injuries; players definitely should be strongly discouraged from doing so intentionally.

Posted by: peterg (---)
Date: October 28, 2002 11:04PM

Coach Schafer's comments quoted in the article may not be complete. The Sun article today had a slightly different quote in which I took the the reference to be that if that had been an NHL game, the brawl that would have ensued after the hit on Moulson would have resulted in such a delay that the game would, at the time Mike was speaking, still be going on.

Date: October 29, 2002 01:38AM

. . .and I'll bet if Coach had been asked (off the record) if he thought a fight of that size would have been justified, he'd probably have said yes.

dirty hit = injuried player = LARGE fight

If that hit happened in the NHL they ref would have let'em go at it, everyone and anyone who wanted in. . .

Posted by: kaelistus (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 08:34AM

I was thinking about these Canadian exibitions and I remembered that two years ago we played Western Ontario. Just like York, Cornell was making it a no-contest. And just like York they did a really dirty hit for no apparent reason that took one of our players out of the game for a while. Can't remember any names tho'.

What's wrong with these Canadian teams?

Posted by: Section A (---)
Date: October 29, 2002 08:41AM

It seemed like Ladaceur always hurt his knee in those exhibitions. Maybe it was just the once though...

Date: October 29, 2002 10:31AM

Answer:

. . .Nothing, that's just how they play hockey. . .if you embarrass them, they get even some other way, dirty hits tend to be the most common form of retaliation.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login