Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

KEEP IT RED

Posted by Dan 
KEEP IT RED
Posted by: Dan (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 06, 2006 12:38PM

That red out crowd really worked. We need to keep this up for all games (and to those who think "but we're nearly always a sea of red", wrong-- just look at the photos from previous games and the surprisingly meshed up student section)

Re: KEEP IT RED
Posted by: RichH (---.cttel.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:19PM

Dan
That red out crowd really worked. We need to keep this up for all games (and to those who think "but we're nearly always a sea of red", wrong-- just look at the photos from previous games and the surprisingly meshed up student section)

Hey, I thought we were only expected to wear our school colors once a year. You know, that game when the administration has to tell us to actually show up and be really loud for our team?

Oh right...we aren't RPI. :-}

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:21PM

Is this a philosophical thread on whether it's better to wear white jerseys with red, or red jerseys with white ... or has that long ago been discussed and resolved. Because it would get expensive buying not one but two game worn jerseys.

Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:25PM

Wait. One or two jerseys are valid options? You mean I'm not supposed to have a different jersey for every game? Boy, this is going to save me a lot of money. :-P

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:27PM

Or more to the point, does that mean those of us with white game-worn jerseys should never wear them to another game?

Seriously, I'm all for encouraging everyone to get appropriately decked out for games, but there are outfits that express our devotion to the team that don't happen to be red.

Enjoy the latest hockey geek tools at [www.elynah.com]

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:33PM

I think a combination of red and white in the stands looks good. Especially if the white is coming only from white jerseys (or at least other white Cornell clothes with red trim). It would be nice if we were able to limit the colors only to red and white, however.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:39PM

What, should I stop wearing my gray Cornell Hockey sweatshirt with red lettering?!

I've got a game-worn sweater, I just haven't gotten a nameplate on it yet, so it's not really wearable.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: Kyle Rose (---.cmbrmaks.akamai.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:42PM

Beeeej
I've got a game-worn sweater, I just haven't gotten a nameplate on it yet, so it's not really wearable.
I wasn't aware this was a requirement. I guess I should stop wearing mine then. screwy

Kyle

Date: February 06, 2006 05:44PM

krose
Beeeej
I wasn't aware this was a requirement. I guess I should stop wearing mine then. screwy

It's not, doofus. It's also not a "requirement" that I wear a dark, understated suit to work, but I prefer to do so because I feel better about my choice.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:46PM

Wear whatever you want. Just be loud and cheer for the team.

Some of us don't actually own any red clothing, at least with the exception of a campus hockey tournament mesh jersey from years ago. And some of us are not inclined to buy any since we don't like red clothing enough to wear it outside the rink. But if someone wanted to go to Teagle and pick up a red game worn jersey (non-goalie) for us we'd be quite pleased.

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.MCB.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:50PM

Keith, I'm still bitter because I don't have one of those jerseys... Alternate my ass, you Bastard!!! :)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2006 05:50PM by jbeaber1998.

Date: February 06, 2006 05:51PM

I've got a white one too. :-D

Date: February 06, 2006 05:52PM

I just meant, the more people wearing red with white as a second choice, the better the rink will look. Gray isn't too far off, and anything with "Cornell" shows support. I mostly meant, if possible, don't wear random yellow, green, blue, brown, etc. clothing. That doesn't mean buy all red clothes just for hockey. It means if you have it, wear it.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)

Beeeej
It's not, doofus. It's also not a "requirement" that I wear a dark, understated suit to work, but I prefer to do so because I feel better about my choice.
That's because you're still insecure about your career path. In ten years, you'll be reeling into chambers in a wifebeater and a "Scotch" baseball cap.

Beeeej
It's not, doofus.
J/K. As if I were ever a conformist. :)

Actually, I would probably have the nameplates by now if I lived in town, but alas, I'm unwilling to part with them by mail, because I know how my luck is.

I agree with Keith: be loud and cheer for the team. But if you happen to like red clothing, all the better.

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: February 06, 2006 05:54PM

Every fan should feel they have the right to pillory any so-called Lynah Faithful who show up wearing the clothing that matches the colors of the opposing team though. Actually, an obligation.

Date: February 06, 2006 05:54PM

jbeaber1998
Keith, I'm still bitter because I don't have one of those jerseys... Alternate my ass, you Bastard!!! :)
See, some of us bought them before the mad rush (and price increase) of this year. Phew!

And I could alternate, but to be honest, I just like the red jersey better. So I reserve the white jersey for guests. :-D

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: February 06, 2006 05:55PM

I am psyched to have gotten a red, game-worn #1 this year. I am certainly not going to put off wearing it because I haven't had a chance to get the nameplate back on.

Date: February 06, 2006 05:56PM

cth95
I am psyched to have gotten a red, game-worn #1 this year. I am certainly not going to put off wearing it because I haven't had a chance to get the nameplate back on.
I assume you've got football pads for that sucker? Because otherwise you're liable to slip through the collar. :)

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: February 06, 2006 05:58PM

It is huge. I got it because I actually play goal in it. My store-bought XXL is too small in the shoulders and sleeves to fit over my chest protector. Even if it looks like a dress, I think the real thing is still much cooler.

Date: February 06, 2006 05:59PM

IMHO, an alternation of white and red in the crowd is much more visually effective than pure red. Red is dark enough that a large field of it tends to look smaller than it really is. White, OTOH, has a magnifying effect -- check out the Phoenix crowd (if they ever make the playoffs again) -- their "white out" makes them look like about 40k.

Having the crowd be a half and half pock-marking red and white is a perfect blend of the color and the effect.

Next week on Lynah Runway: textures!

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 05:59PM

KeithK
Every fan should feel they have the right to pillory any so-called Lynah Faithful who show up wearing the clothing that matches the colors of the opposing team though. Actually, an obligation.
"Take your top off"... :-D

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:00PM

[deleted]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2006 06:06PM by ftyuv.

Posted by: WillR (---.redrover.cornell.edu)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:06PM

I am confused about how can one not own red clothing. Is it not close to manadatory to pick up the Lynah Faitful T-shirt when getting tickets? I would then think that unless you have some cornell hockey attire or other red outfit you just can't stand to leave home without then it would just make sense to wear the aforementioned red t-shirt to all Cornell games?

-WillR

Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:09PM

The student sections looked great on Friday -- with the exception of a coupld of folks in Colgate colors. B-]

I think the townie side could get a little redder & I'm nearly stunned by the lack of red in section C.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:10PM

Kyle, you missed the point of his comment. He's not talking about game worns (or at least varsity game worns).

Date: February 06, 2006 06:13PM

[q]I am confused about how can one not own red clothing. Is it not close to manadatory to pick up the Lynah Faitful T-shirt when getting tickets?[/q]There were no red Lynah Faithful T-shirts on sale when I was on campus.

KeithK '93 '96 '98.

(Don't know if I'd have bought one anyway. I just prefer other colors for everyday garb.)

Posted by: RichH (---.cttel.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:13PM

WillR
I am confused about how can one not own red clothing. Is it not close to manadatory to pick up the Lynah Faitful T-shirt when getting tickets? I would then think that unless you have some cornell hockey attire or other red outfit you just can't stand to leave home without then it would just make sense to wear the aforementioned red t-shirt to all Cornell games?

-WillR

I think the t-shirts for the line have only been around for 3 years or so. I hear there are fans around here that are so old that they aren't in school anymore. Certainly not me. uhoh

Now, where are my pills?

Date: February 06, 2006 06:14PM

WillR
I am confused about how can one not own red clothing. Is it not close to manadatory to pick up the Lynah Faitful T-shirt when getting tickets?

For students? Perhaps. We alums, for the most part, order our season tickets by mail when renewing our CHA memberships.

I own red t-shirts, but just a t-shirt isn't usually enough for me during a game at Lynah. Maybe in a bigger playoff arena, but not Lynah.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 06, 2006 06:15PM

RichH
I think the t-shirts for the line have only been around for 3 years or so. I hear there are fans around here that are so old that they aren't in school anymore. Certainly not me. uhoh

Now, where are my pills?

What did you say? SPEAK UP!!

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Posted by: jbeaber1998 (---.MCB.Berkeley.EDU)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:16PM

I have one of those, a nice Brad Chartrand from 96 in white. That dan tourney, Keith. No, I won't forgive you for that one.... :)

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:17PM

KeithK

are you telling me I have to stop wearing my yellow clarkson hockey hat... the only games I haven't worn it to were MSU number two, Union, and Yale... hmmm... it seems to be alittle lucky to me... and even if it isn't... why risk anything???

-Devin

BTW... I am being serious... I am going to go to clarkson next year... but I did root for cornell at the clarkson game

Date: February 06, 2006 06:21PM

So you wore a Clarkson cap to Lynah for the Clarkson-Cornell game? Ewwwww.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:22PM

a clarkson cap and my red number 15 game worn jersey... you can find me at the top of section L or M standing at the dartmouth game if you do not believe me.

-Devin

Date: February 06, 2006 06:26PM

KeithK
Kyle, you missed the point of his comment. He's not talking about game worns (or at least varsity game worns).
Gotcha: he's talking about the campus tourney jerseys. I don't read in threaded mode, so it's not always clear what people are replying to.

Cheers,
Kyle

Date: February 06, 2006 06:30PM

WillR
I am confused about how can one not own red clothing.

Gotta admit, this mystifies me, too. It's a frickin' primary color, people. You don't have to have so many red clothes that your children make fun of you (ahem), but you should at least be able to pull a red top on.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:35PM

Trotsky
WillR
I am confused about how can one not own red clothing.

Gotta admit, this mystifies me, too. It's a frickin' primary color, people. You don't have to have so many red clothes that your children make fun of you (ahem), but you should at least be able to pull a red top on.

But Greg, it should also be one manufactured after 1974.

Beeeej

- Steve Worona

Date: February 06, 2006 06:36PM

We believe you, but why?... even if you are going to go there. Not good, Dog.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:40PM

Beeeej
But Greg, it should also be one manufactured after 1974.
Manufactured, or washed?

Date: February 06, 2006 06:42PM

i'm am a very superstituos person... they lose/tie everytime I wear my cornell hat, so I wear the clarkson hat

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:42PM

WillR

-WillR

It's only been happening for a few years. It started my last year there (03-04), and while it's probably near universal to get one now, I think at least that first year there was the feeling that it was corny to get a shirt telling people you got tickets, the way to tell them was to show up and cheer. :-P

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:44PM

Beeeej
I own red t-shirts, but just a t-shirt isn't usually enough for me during a game at Lynah. Maybe in a bigger playoff arena, but not Lynah.

Beeeej

Are you saying you get cold in Lynah and therefore need more clothing? Because I'd say exactly the opposite...the larger the building, the more likely it's not full, has individual seats instead of benches, and doesn't have bodies to block the drafts.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:45PM

but in larger buildings you are farther from the ice, and therefor ussually warmer

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 06:47PM

Yes, but you have body heat.

At the very least, in my experience, I'm always warmer in Lynah.

Date: February 06, 2006 06:50PM

I honestly don't know if I want the people around me keeping me warm... infact... outside of lynah rink, I really don't want to be in the same county as them... j/k

Date: February 06, 2006 06:59PM

Dpperk29
i'm am a very superstituos person... they lose/tie everytime I wear my cornell hat, so I wear the clarkson hat
OK, I understand that. You do what you need to do. But still - ewwwwww.

Date: February 06, 2006 07:00PM

Yellow is a primary color too. Do you expect everyone to have a bunch of yellow shirts too? Oh, I'm sorry. Gold. :-D

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 07:23PM

French Rage
It's only been happening for a few years. It started my last year there (03-04), and while it's probably near universal to get one now, I think at least that first year there was the feeling that it was corny to get a shirt telling people you got tickets, the way to tell them was to show up and cheer. :-P

Actually, the first Lynah Faithful shirts to be sold alongside season tickets happened in the 2002-03 season. While I can't speak for everyone who was there, personally, I really liked the t-shirt.

Posted by: nr53 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: February 06, 2006 07:55PM

The one and only game i've worn my game-worn to was at Princeton this year. Haven't worn it since. Is this logical? nope not in the least. but I'll be damned if i'm gonna feel responsible if we lose the next time i bring it to the rink:-/

Posted by: judy (---.washdc.fios.verizon.net)
Date: February 06, 2006 10:38PM

KeithK

Hmm...I seem to notice that whatever colors I'm wearing, the school with those colors seem to lose. Harvard games at home sometime in 1999...some baby blues on in the regional Maine was playing in last year in MN...some bright green NoDak green mardi gras beads at the FF final last year...
Sure, I guess I could wear red if you all really want me to.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: February 07, 2006 12:04AM

KeithK

UCLA fans do this if they catch someone in the student section wearing red - USC's color - regardless of who the opponent is that day. They'll chant "Take off that red shirt" until the offender does (or at least puts a different-colored shirt on over it).

I'm all for that at Lynah, except the reverse: "Put on a red shirt!"

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 07, 2006 12:08AM

I do try to coordinate my scarf to have the least color overlap with the opponents' uniforms. So I wear the red/yellow/black one vs Maine but the red/white/blue one vs Clarkson, for example.

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: February 07, 2006 01:52AM

KeithK
Yellow is a primary color too. Do you expect everyone to have a bunch of yellow shirts too? Oh, I'm sorry. Gold. :-D
Hey now, nothing wrong with gold. I recently ordered a gold jersey and I'm quite looking forward to receiving it! :-P

Date: February 07, 2006 02:05PM

you can never go wrong with red white and blue...

Date: February 07, 2006 02:38PM

Dpperk29
you can never go wrong with red white and blue...
Well, it would be inappropriate if Cornell was playing Lowell. How could anyone even consider wearing the other teams colors to a game?!?!? Unfathomable! :-P

Posted by: sen '08 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 07, 2006 03:46PM

Doug Murray and Sam Paolini seem to have accidentally scribbled something where the name plate is supposed to go on mine...oh well... nut

Date: February 07, 2006 06:56PM

judy
Hmm...I seem to notice that whatever colors I'm wearing, the school with those colors seem to lose. Harvard games at home sometime in 1999...some baby blues on in the regional Maine was playing in last year in MN...some bright green NoDak green mardi gras beads at the FF final last year...

Experiment. Wear it concealed. If we fall behind, remove it.

Posted by: schoaff (---.ga.at.cox.net)
Date: February 07, 2006 07:01PM

nr53
The one and only game i've worn my game-worn to was at Princeton this year. Haven't worn it since. Is this logical? nope not in the least. but I'll be damned if i'm gonna feel responsible if we lose the next time i bring it to the rink:-/

Just don't let your game-worn touch dpperk's lucky Clarkson hat. Something nasty could happen to the fabric of the universe.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2006 07:50PM by schoaff.

Date: February 07, 2006 07:02PM

judy
Don't ever wear Mardi Gras beads. Mardi Gras beads make us lose.

Posted by: Dan (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: February 09, 2006 09:19PM

No.

Red is best.

Posted by: MIke K (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 16, 2006 04:33PM

Bumping this to the front page, wear red this weekend!!!

4 POINT WEEKEND!!!

LGR

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: February 16, 2006 05:56PM

MIke K
Bumping this to the front page, wear red this weekend!!

More precisely, wear red and/or Cornell stuff, or be Judy. :-D

Date: February 16, 2006 08:21PM

And for the love of God, no Mardi Gras beads.

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: February 16, 2006 08:49PM

jmh30

BTW, if anybody wants some (to wear when it's not a hockey game), I can give them out before the game. No flashing required.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: February 16, 2006 09:17PM

jtwcornell91
jmh30

BTW, if anybody wants some (to wear when it's not a hockey game), I can give them out before the game. No flashing required.

Ruining it for the rest of us, as usual :-P

Re: Keep it Red
Posted by: ithacat (128.253.193.---)
Date: February 17, 2006 09:44AM

FYI,

Taken from the Cornell Store's website...

RED Friday on Friday, February 17

Take 20% off all RED Cornell clothing*. Help make it a "Sea of Red" at the hockey & basketball games on Friday & Saturday! Wear RED!
*excludes Vermont Original knit hats

LGR... B-]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login