Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Bedpan
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Another rough night for the ECAC....

Posted by Jordan 04 
Another rough night for the ECAC....
Posted by: Jordan 04 (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 12:37AM

Michigan Tech in a 7-1 rout of SLU(t), on St. Lawrence's ice.

UML doubles up RPI, in Troy, 8-4.

Union defeats Niagra, 5-2, at home.

And the night's one saving grace, from the pages of twitch twitch twitch , Vermont goes into Walter Brown out comes out with a 1-1 tie.

Re: Another rough night for the ECAC....
Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 01:22AM

Wait...Union winning against Niagra is bad for the ECAC?

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 02:23AM

I think Jordan was just listing all the results. 1-2-1 is still a decently bad night though. I guess the reason that BU/Vt would be a "saving grace" is that no one ever woulda called it. So in a bad night, it was the one thing to say "but hey, that was real nice."

Posted by: Josh '99 (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 02:49AM

One of the guys who got revenge on Volonnino wrote:

Wait...Union winning against Niagra is bad for the ECAC?
No... Union beating Niagara is good, but a win over a CHA team should be no big deal. On the other hand, SLU and RPI both getting blown out on home ice is distinctly bad.

Minnesota and UNH must've been one hell of a game... 5-5 final, with seven goals in the first period.

But hey, how 'bout those Catamounts? :-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 09:37AM

Josh Herman '99 wrote:

Minnesota and UNH must've been one hell of a game... 5-5 final, with seven goals in the first period.
FSNE showed that game on tape-delay after UVM-BU (college hockey doubleheader!), and since I hadn't been surfing over to FSN and FSD for the Minnesota and Michigan games (I had company for the first game), I more or less watched it. But my guest and I commented how much more exciting the UVM-BU game was than at least the first part of the UMn-UNH game. When there are seven goals in the first period, each one means so much less. (Although I do wish I hadn't been in the other room trying to order pizza when UVM scored their only goal--incidentally, the one downside to not having a landline is that pizza places freak out when they can't use your phone number to identify you.)

Posted by: Mark (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 01:04PM

Well, BU didn't want you ECAC folks to have a completely lost Friday night, so it decided to shoot the majority of pucks into the legs, arms and body of the UVM goalie. :-)

While I don't think the Cats are ready to contend for the ECAC title, I think the two ties with Northeastern and BU are more indicative of their potential than the 10-goal loss to UNH. And having a senior goalie stone the home team doesn't hurt.

BU is generating shots but hasn't been finishing the chances enough, an all-to-familiar scenario. Sounds like the new and improved Big Red could blow the Terriers out of Lynah by a pair of 2-1 scores over Turkey Day weekend. worry

And, unfortunately, it looks like BC is getting its offense cranked up again.

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---)
Date: October 19, 2002 02:10PM

Mark wrote:

Well, BU didn't want you ECAC folks to have a completely lost Friday night, so it decided to shoot the majority of pucks into the legs, arms and body of the UVM goalie. :-)
That BU was able to hit Conschafter's legs, arms, and body--moving as quickly as they were all night long--with such remarkable accuracy is a real tribute to their shooting skills. You'da thought they'd miss more than just once in all those tries. B-]

Posted by: bigred apple (---)
Date: October 20, 2002 01:55AM

SLU tied Michigan Tech (4-4) - I don't know enough about Michigan Tech to know if that is good or bad.

I know for sure that Colgate losing to Connecticut (5-4 in OT) is a real blow for the ECAC. :-( Colgate better finish at the bottom of the conference.

Date: October 20, 2002 03:05AM

bigred apple wrote:

SLU tied Michigan Tech (4-4) - I don't know enough about Michigan Tech to know if that is good or bad.
Well, compared to losing 7-1, a 4-4 tie isn't that bad.

I notice SLU plays AGAIN tomorrow, against the U.S. U-18s. No matter who the games are against, three games in a row is brutal scheduling.

Not feeling terribly optimistic about Vermont's chances at BC, but here's hoping RPI beats UMass-Amherst, anyway.

Posted by: redraider13 (---)
Date: October 20, 2002 10:52AM

*cough*Sacred Heart, you did it too once! *cough*

But yeah, that sucked, a whole lot. I've never seen Vaughan that pissed off. It will be quite an interesting week of practice for some of them.

Posted by: bigred apple (---)
Date: October 20, 2002 09:37PM

Rest assured that I haven't forgotten the Sacred Heart loss. Just thinking about it makes me ill.

Posted by: Anne 85 (---)
Date: October 21, 2002 09:00PM

But at least one McRae was a winner in the Sacred Heart game. And I think a former Cornellian was the coach -- but I can't remember his name.

Posted by: cquinn (---)
Date: October 21, 2002 09:25PM

Shaun Hannah was, and still is, the coach.

Date: October 26, 2002 10:02PM

bump...

The ECAC has a winning night! 3-1.. though the 3 wins were over MAAC teams, and the loss was to a CHA team, so it's not too much to be thrilled about, but at least it's a nice change.

-Fred

Date: October 27, 2002 01:38AM

DeltaOne81 '03 wrote:

The ECAC has a winning night! 3-1.. though the 3 wins were over MAAC teams, and the loss was to a CHA team, so it's not too much to be thrilled about, but at least it's a nice change.
Hey, wins are wins... (Although, if the selection committee had it their way, I'm sure they'd arrange it so that a loss to a WCHA team would be better than a win over a MAAC team.)

Date: October 27, 2002 11:24AM

[Q]Hey, wins are wins[/Q]
Well, that's not entirely true. The quality of the opponent effects RPI. And RPI is now the basis for TUC. So we still suck ;-).

t-minus 7 hrs, 30 minutes...

Posted by: Will (---)
Date: October 27, 2002 12:38PM

Well, I'm fairly sure a win is better for the RPI than a loss, so it pleases me to some extent at least. :-D

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login