Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 2 Yale 2

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cornell 2 Yale 2
Posted by: Jacob '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 28, 2006 11:21PM

WHATAHIT
That was an AWESOME hit on Ryan O'Byrne by the Yale player. I know that O'Byrne got injured, and that is unfortunate, but that is a textbook hit. You have to admire a good hit when you see one.

Speaking of hits, Cornell got outhit, and right after the O'Byrne hit, Sawada got hit in the neutral zone pretty bad as well.

Does anyone have video of the McCutcheon goal and hit on O'Byrne??

I think it was probably borderline charging judging by the speed he went in to it with, but I agree that the actual hitting part was pretty clean.

Posted by: jy3 (---.mad.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 29, 2006 01:13AM

surprised there isnt a postgame thread for this game yet.
was the o'byrne injury a major one, in other words did he skate off the ice on his own?

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 29, 2006 01:16AM

jy3
surprised there isnt a postgame thread for this game yet.
was the o'byrne injury a major one, in other words did he skate off the ice on his own?

Yeah he skated off the ice himself. It looked pretty bad though...like a concussion type injury worry.

Posted by: Dafatone (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2006 02:51AM

Yale started to outhit us a bit toward the end, but a lot of the hits should have been called for some reason or another.

With about a minute left in the third period, Pegs got nailed by a crosscheck from behind, while he was on his knees. Right in front of Hansen. No call.

I'm not exactly sober, so I'll not list what I feel should be done to Hansen. But I can say that both nights, I felt he was honestly endangering the players on both sides with his inability to see what was going on.

Posted by: TCHL8842 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 29, 2006 03:14AM

I think OB got an concussion on that hit he took. Hopefully, it is not that bad since he skated off the ice under his own influence.
I think Cornell gave this game away. The third period was absolutely shit hockey, they did not attack at all. In result, they gave up the tieing goal, which even though the barlow situation should of been a penalty I think we deserved to let one up since we sat back to protect the lead. This game, our team did not have the killer instinct and our PP sucked ass, this is the sole reason why we tied a crappy ass team as Yale. We have done this before this season that is why I personally was worried about this game since Yale was on a hot streak and we tend to take so called easy games lighter then we should. I hope for the best next weekend and hopefully the D can pick up the expected absent of OB. Any ways we some how climbed up the PWR after this game so I can not be that much upset.

Posted by: Brian (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 29, 2006 09:29AM

TCHL8842
I think OB got an concussion on that hit he took. Hopefully, it is not that bad since he skated off the ice under his own influence.
I think Cornell gave this game away. The third period was absolutely shit hockey, they did not attack at all. In result, they gave up the tieing goal, which even though the barlow situation should of been a penalty I think we deserved to let one up since we sat back to protect the lead. This game, our team did not have the killer instinct and our PP sucked ass, this is the sole reason why we tied a crappy ass team as Yale. We have done this before this season that is why I personally was worried about this game since Yale was on a hot streak and we tend to take so called easy games lighter then we should. I hope for the best next weekend and hopefully the D can pick up the expected absent of OB. Any ways we some how climbed up the PWR after this game so I can not be that much upset.

You need to give some credit to Yale's powerplay defense they shut down passing lanes and attacked the point and we never could figure out how to get around the defense. Yale is very gritty, reminds me alot of our 2001-2 team where we maximed our scoring opportunities and played good defense the rest of the game. That's exactly what they threw back into our faces last night. Our offense looked horrible because Yale was sitting back at the blue line and waiting for us to make mistakes and we need several times. I really couldn't believe how many shots made it through on the Yale goaltender it didn't seem like that many made it through although we shoot a lot of lame slapshot in the second and third.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.mtholyoke.edu)
Date: January 29, 2006 12:49PM

TCHL8842
this is the sole reason why we tied a crappy ass team as Yale.

Yale is not a crappy ass hockey team. They're 6-1-2 in their last 9 in ECAC play, losing only to Colgate in OT, and including a victory over Harvard. Granted, the rest of that competition before this weekend was nothing to write home about... but at we say every year, that doesn't mean its easy to put together an undefeated record, and they had (at 6-0-1), even against bad/moderate teams.

Yes, we should've beaten them, but lets not pretend they're Bentley here. They lost in OT to UNO and MSU-Mankato. Which aren't powerhouses, but are decent middle of the road western teams.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login