Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Lynah Townie shirts

Posted by hymn 
Lynah Townie shirts
Posted by: hymn (---.sub-70-192-69.myvzw.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 08:51PM

I have a dream...

As a townie, i look at a sea of red fans standing and chanting. It's great and inspirational, i love it, great show!

But i imagine it's kinda lame to be looking at a sea of townies sitting down, no cheers, no sea of red.

But that can change a bit for the first time! B-] Townies can now buy their own red shirts to wear to games. We couldn't buy the 'Lynah Faithful' shirts.But some smart awsome shirt sellers are selling shirts that say, Lynah Townie.

Hopefully they'll sell a lot of shirts and from now on the students will see a sea of red. I have a dream that will be so. I wanna walk up and down the townie isles selling the shirts.

Cornell hockey fuckin rocks. Fuck Shaefer for trying to tone down the fans. Somebody better fuckin tie a chicken to the Harvard goalies net between periods this year! :-P

Re: Lynah Townie shirts
Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 09:15PM

Interesting, ...guess you guys have some too.

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 09:16PM

Unfortunately.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.19.224.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 09:26PM

Personally, I think an all-red Townie section would be cool. Maybe the chicken wouldn't go over so well this year, though....

Posted by: Drew (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 09:32PM

C'mon, do not cheat yourselves, have a Santeria ritual. nut

Posted by: JDeafv (---.howard01.md.comcast.net)
Date: January 23, 2006 10:20PM

Can the back say "Townies Up"

Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 23, 2006 11:56PM

JDeafv

I like that idea...I'm not sure I like Lynah Townie as much as Townie Faithful. Has anyone seen a shirt anywhere?

I'm all for anything that gets people wearing Red -- those wearing home jerseys have a pass. :-)

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 12:34AM

hymn
Cornell hockey fuckin rocks. Fuck Shaefer for trying to tone down the fans. Somebody better fuckin tie a chicken to the Harvard goalies net between periods this year! :-P

Have you been hibernating for the last 15 years? The chicken thing went out circa 1990. nut

Also:
    --Spelling guide
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
   |
<--

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2006 12:35AM by jtwcornell91.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 12:37AM

hymn
Somebody better fuckin tie a chicken to the Harvard goalies net between periods this year! :-P

You first.

Beeeej

Posted by: French Rage (---.Stanford.EDU)
Date: January 24, 2006 02:10AM

When did he put the spelling guide there? That's awesome.

03/26/05: UNH 3, Harvard 2
03/25/06: Maine 6, Harvard 1

Posted by: lhayes (---.phil.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 08:02AM

I saw these shirts for the sale over the weekend and wouldn't dream of buying one. What makes Townies not "Lynah Faithful"? Some us us have been faithful for 30 years or more -- including having "done our time in the line" as students.

Posted by: RatushnyFan (---.rbccm.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 10:10AM

And you weren't even there JTW......but you're right.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2006 10:11AM by RatushnyFan.

Posted by: andyw2100 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 11:25AM

The loss of the chicken tradition has always bugged me.

I love animals. I agree that it was not a great idea for the powers that be to sanction the practice whereby a student would keep a live chicken stuffed into their coat for a couple of hours, before eventually tieing the hopefully, but not always, still live chicken to the Harvard goal between the second and third periods.

But there are so many simple ways this tradition could have lived on (or even be brought back) that would not harm a chicken in any way.

One possibility would be for the administration to step in, find a willing chicken farmer who would "lend" a chicken, and proper chicken containment, for the evening, and then have a drawing or something to see who the lucky student who gets to tie the chicken to the net would be.

Another possibility would be to say that the first student who shows up at Lynah with a chicken and a proper container for said chicken may store it somewhere in Lynah (the room where the refs change, perhaps) until it is time to tie the chicken to the net. The chicken is then donated to some local chicken farmer, along with any safety-chickens that show up at Lynah after the first chicken.

Of course with both of these ideas the Sucks sieve would have to be instructed not to harm the chicken, but if memory serves, and what I've heard is accurate, the only person to ever intentionally hurt a chicken at the Harvard game was wearing the Carnellian and White, and went on to become Athletic Director.

Bring back the chicken!
Andy W. ('86, and old enough to recall seeing live chickens on the ice, and I don't mean the guy in the chicken suit.)

Posted by: cth95 (132.198.106.---)
Date: January 24, 2006 01:10PM

andyw2100
The loss of the chicken tradition has always bugged me.

One possibility would be for the administration to step in, find a willing chicken farmer who would "lend" a chicken, and proper chicken containment, for the evening, and then have a drawing or something to see who the lucky student who gets to tie the chicken to the net would be.

This idea sounds like the complaints the UNH fans have been posting on USCHO about their administration getting involved and even having sponsors for some of their one time crazy, student traditions. Kind of takes away from the spontaneity and fun of the idea. The other ideas don't sound too bad, but I think we should definitely keep the administration out of these things as much as possible.

Date: January 24, 2006 01:29PM

Agreed. Traditions that become officially sanctioned and sponsored are never the same. I don't mind sanctioning of the "we like it and won't stop it" kind, but that's different.

Posted by: canuck89 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: January 24, 2006 03:07PM

If the concern was that it was not animal-friendly, can't a dead chicken (bought from the store) be tied instead? It's not run by the administration then, and it doesn't go back to the old way.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 03:22PM

Beeeej
hymn
Somebody better fuckin tie a chicken to the Harvard goalies net between periods this year! :-P

You first.

Beeeej

To be clear, you do mean we tie hymn to the goal?

Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.loyno.edu)
Date: January 24, 2006 03:32PM

RatushnyFan
And you weren't even there JTW......but you're right.

Hey, I read about it in the Sun! worry

For those whose time it was before, the tradition died after they tried to replace the live chicken with a guy in a chicken suit.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 03:37PM

JDeafv

A very cool idea. I'd wear one. :-)

There could a little sewable badge for each season the fan has seen a game -- like the game marks on college football helmets. I know a few fans from the 60's who would be covered with them. :-)
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2006 03:40PM by Trotsky.

Posted by: Cop at Lynah (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 24, 2006 05:19PM

It wasn't the administration who killed the tradition. It was a CUPD oficer who worked part time for the SPCA. She was so offended by the act she actually arrested the student after witnessing the act.

Date: January 24, 2006 06:24PM

Cop at Lynah
It wasn't the administration who killed the tradition. It was a CUPD oficer who worked part time for the SPCA. She was so offended by the act she actually arrested the student after witnessing the act.
That's still the school killing the tradition. The school could have instucted Public Safety to release the student and apologized for it.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 24, 2006 06:49PM

KeithK
Agreed. Traditions that become officially sanctioned and sponsored are never the same. I don't mind sanctioning of the "we like it and won't stop it" kind, but that's different.

Like Slope Day? yark

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login