Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Jell-O Mold
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Cornell 0 Princeton 3

Posted by Trotsky 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Cornell 0 Princeton 3
Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: January 14, 2006 11:33PM

After becoming extremely frustrated from watching the Patriots outplay Denver on both sides of the ball yet manage to cough it up almost every time they were close to scoring (which yielded every single one of Denver's points), I figured I would check out the Cornell score to get some good news before I went to bed. So much for that idea. :-(
At least it is snowing hard after this crappy warm spell, and I can ski tomorrow.

Posted by: CM cWo 44 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 15, 2006 12:11AM

Miserable night. Nothing better than losing to a shitbag team, followed by a 3 hour (yet only 60 mile) drive, thanks to a blizzard. Ithaca provided the good (about 95% of the fans at the game), and the bad (trademark shitty weather) tonight. thud

Posted by: Lauren '06 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 05:46AM

CM cWo 44
Miserable night. Nothing better than losing to a shitbag team, followed by a 3 hour (yet only 60 mile) drive, thanks to a blizzard. Ithaca provided the good (about 95% of the fans at the game), and the bad (trademark shitty weather) tonight. thud
Actually, I was looking out at the crowd when it was obvious that whoever-it-was was going to land that empty-netter, and about half the people in the north stands jumped up and cheered for Princeton. They were peppered about the more-visible Cornell folk, but they were there, and that's not including the concentrated corner of them below the press box.

Two (possibly related) Princeton fans came up and complimented the band, with some choice words for their organist, but overall I was very annoyed with the Princeton fans. As your 95% statement indicated, you'd never be able to tell there were any Princeton fans there at all until the game was squarely in hand with that second goal, and then they decided it was cool to cheer. Hey, way to support your team. It doesn't help that several of them taunted the Cornell fans about the weather all the way to the parking garage. Let's see any of them make a road trip sometime.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 15, 2006 04:56PM

To be fair, we taunted them about their state. I think if we get to cheer about how we get to leave, it's only fair for them to cheer that we have to drive through snow in order to leave :)

Posted by: mikee293 (---.lndnnh.adelphia.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 10:15PM

one of my personal favorites has always been the "Princeton's in New Jersey" cheer. Even my friend from NJ agrees....the state just kinda sucks. Hey the truth hurts sometimes.

Re: NJ
Posted by: Rich S (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 16, 2006 11:33PM

well, thats your version of the "truth". lol...

As a native upstate New Yorker, I think it's fair to point out that Cornell is in Ithaca. :-D

Posted by: Trotsky (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 12:42PM

Rich S
As a native upstate New Yorker, I think it's fair to point out that Cornell is in Ithaca.
Which fact, to the majority of us, is a pleasure.

Posted by: RichS (12.162.105.---)
Date: January 17, 2006 05:01PM

To the majority of us here in New Jersey, including those of us who spent many years in upstate NY, one can find as many pleasures here as there. :-}

Posted by: KeithK (---.external.lmco.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 05:45PM

Would you really say that the fact that Cornell is in Ithaca is a pleasure to the majority of Cornellians? I thoroughly love Cornell but was less than thrilled about the town and its out of the way location. I got the impression while I was in school (and after) that a lot of folks agreed with me. Certainly there are plenty of Cornellians who love Ithaca and the surrounding region - many stay in the area after graduation. I'm just questioning whether it's a majority. (Of course, you could mean a majority of hockey fans, which might be a different sample.)

No flames please. Just asking what I think is a reasonable question.

Posted by: Trotsky (---.frdrmd.adelphia.net)
Date: January 17, 2006 06:16PM

KeithK
No flames please. Just asking what I think is a reasonable question.
I was thinking of "us" as those who return year after year for games. I'm aware that some folks didn't really appreciate Ithaca when they were students -- though, personally, I and almost everyone I knew while a student loved it. Artsy types. Stark, spare beauty. Go figure.

Anyway, I was being Defender of the Faith against one of Rich's inevitably puerile cheap shots. So forgive me if I overspoke.

Date: January 17, 2006 06:29PM

I know you were being Defender of the Faith. And you are forgiven.

Re: NJ [further OT]
Posted by: billhoward (---.ziffdavis.com)
Date: January 17, 2006 07:16PM

Rich is right. Nothing wrong with living in most parts of New Jersey. A half-dozen pro sports teams within 90 minutes ... beaches almost as nice as Cape Cod ... dumping grounds second to none ... neighbors who bring home lots of ethical pharmaceuticals ... but when you hit 30 and beyond, all you care about is schools, schools, schools, and access to airports to go somewhere on vacation. Having an economy that employs people is also popular here.

Princeton is Ithaca plus 5 degrees more warmth and train service to cities and airports and more cities. If only we could afford to live there.

You may know the state has a new motto: "New Jersey, come see for yourself." Some of us were hoping for edgy. "New Jersey: What Exit?" or "What's it to you?" would have worked. "Not all of our elected officials have been indicted" also would not have fit on bumper stickers. "New Jersey: Love at First Sight" was too uplifting even for NJ boosters and got the boot, plus it sounded too much long the erstwhile slogan, "New Jersey and You: Perfect Together."

Date: January 17, 2006 07:53PM

Trotsky
Anyway, I was being Defender of the Faith against one of Rich's inevitably puerile cheap shots. So forgive me if I overspoke.

An immature cheap shot? No less so than the multitude of silly slings directed at the North Country on this board. (We're not going to relive that whole exchange again, are we?)

Why is that...can't some people let go of the pizza thing? rolleyes
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2006 10:55AM by CowbellGuy.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 17, 2006 11:03PM

Rich S
can't some people let go of the pizza thing? rolleyes

Wow, if you can manage to somehow take offense at the pizza thing, then... well... you're beyond where any of us thought even you could be. It was a funny occurrence and its a funny reference. It is in no way insulting to you, the north country, or really about anyone other than maybe Pizza Hut. Unless, um, you don't own a Pizza Hut, do you? Cause if not, I have no idea how you'd take offense to that.

Date: January 18, 2006 03:31AM

no, I think you misunderstood. Did you note the smilie?

I don't mind the Pizza Hut story at all and agree it was amusing, although not to those affected by the food poisoning. But I do recall folks here mentioning it among the reasons they didn't like the North Country. :-D

And I see it comes up every now and again.

Hey I'm just tweaking you guys, same as you do about other things. So whats the problem? ?

But by the way, there are better places to go for pizza up there than Pizza Hut in Canton, just as there are better pizza joints everywhere than PH!

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 18, 2006 07:42AM

Rich S
But by the way, there are better places to go for pizza up there than Pizza Hut in Canton, just as there are better pizza joints everywhere than PH!

At least that we can all agree with.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 18, 2006 07:46AM

Rich S
no, I think you misunderstood. Did you note the smilie?

I am relieved I misunderstood :-). Though to be fair it wasn't a happy or winkie smiley or anything, it was a "rolls eyes" one, which is usually meant in a negative light.

But again, I'm relieved that I misunderstood.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 18, 2006 11:54PM

Rich S
Trotsky
Anyway, I was being Defender of the Faith against one of Rich's inevitably puerile cheap shots.

An immature cheap shot? No less so than the multitude of silly slings directed at the North Country on this board.

...followed by the equally inevitable "you're just as bad as I am and here are some examples I've mentioned seventeen times before" side-thread...

Beeeej

Date: January 19, 2006 02:45PM

...followed by the equally inevitable "you're just as bad as I am and here are some examples I've mentioned seventeen times before" side-thread...

Beeeej

to which you, ever the diplomat, NEVER contributed...lol
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2006 03:02PM by CowbellGuy.

Posted by: Beeeej (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: January 19, 2006 10:54PM

RichS

to which you, ever the diplomat, NEVER contributed...lol

...and the further equally inevitable "I know you are, but what am I?" rejoinder...

Beeeej

Date: January 20, 2006 11:46AM

"I'm rubber, you're glue..."

Posted by: Rich (12.162.105.---)
Date: January 20, 2006 01:14PM

B,

I know you enjoy being obtuse, but really...what's the point?

You clearly enjoy dishing it out here but a taste of your own medicine (call it "tweaking" if you like) seems to annoy you no end.

Posted by: Beeeej (38.136.58.---)
Date: January 20, 2006 06:28PM

To the contrary. I'm not annoyed, merely amused and amazed at your inability to let certain things pass not just without comment, but without the same comments.

Beeeej

"Cornell isn't an organization. It's a loose affiliation of independent fiefdoms united by a common hockey team."
- Steve Worona

Date: January 21, 2006 12:02AM

You really ought to be looking in the mirror when you make that last comment which is not only inane but also inaccurate.

Oh I forgot...this is YOUR board so you;re allowed to do that. :-}

Posted by: billhoward (---.union01.nj.comcast.net)
Date: January 21, 2006 12:33AM

You driving up for the Saturday Cornell-Clarkson game, then, Rich? I have half a mind to do it also. I'd give you a ride if you don't mind the trunk.

I'm still boggled how much enjoyment you can get out of a $10 standing room ticket, a couple burgers at McDonald's, and $30 of gas.

Posted by: Roy 82 (---.SRI.COM)
Date: January 21, 2006 09:57PM

Stop posting on this thread. Do I really have to be reminded of this loss everytime I look at the forum? :`(

Date: January 22, 2006 01:35AM

falls under the heading of "reality sucks"...I guess.

Date: January 22, 2006 02:05AM

Bill,

I had more than half a mind to go many weeks ago but kinda gave up the idea when my brother in Bingo told me he wasn't going to be able to make it. I still had thoughts of going but alas, my HS team had a game scheduled for Sat eve.

I had to put the coaching committment first. We may be done by the rematch next month so we'll see.

Thanks for the offer but really...if I rode up in the trunk, would you still ask me for gas money? :-}

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: January 22, 2006 09:18AM

Rich S
I had more than half a mind to go many weeks ago but kinda gave up the idea when my brother in Bingo told me he wasn't going to be able to make it. I still had thoughts of going but alas, my HS team had a game scheduled for Sat eve.

How'd your kids do?

Date: January 22, 2006 10:12AM

not well...Fell behind 3-0 in the first 4 mins, then 8-0 after two periods.

But we were proud that they sucked it up and avoided being mercied by winning th ethird period, 2-1. Final was 9-2. Has been a tough year. We play this team again in a few weeks.

Thanks for asking.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2006 12:35PM

Rich S

Here's some reality for us all to ponder:-P :

Fri 01/13/2006 L 0 @ Union 5
Sat 01/14/2006 L 3 @ Rensselaer 4
Fri 01/20/2006 L 2 @ Colgate 4
Sat 01/21/2006 L 2 @ Cornell 4

Posted by: Jim Hyla (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2006 02:31PM

marty
Rich S

Here's some reality for us all to ponder:-P :

Fri 01/13/2006 L 0 @ Union 5
Sat 01/14/2006 L 3 @ Rensselaer 4
Fri 01/20/2006 L 2 @ Colgate 4
Sat 01/21/2006 L 2 @ Cornell 4
Does it really help to rub it in? I think one side or another just has to say that carrying on just is not productive. If someone wants to flame out on this forum, then let them. Responding sometimes only makes them feel better. Completely ignoring them may be the most hurtful and the quickest way to end it. uhoh

Well enough sermonizing by me, I still can't figure out how the Clarkson player got to steal one of our sticks and play with it? screwy

Date: January 22, 2006 03:01PM

smart guy rolleyes

The previous poster didn't want to be reminded of cornell's lost to Princeton, which another cornell poster referred to earlier in the thread as a "shitbag" team. (Is that a hockey term? :-}) And by the way, if a team that beats you is that bad, what does that make you on that night...using that logic of course?

On the other hand, I don't recall reading any Clarkson fan, here or elsewhere, denying that any of their four consecutive losses happened, or for that matter, saying that they were suffered at the hands of "s-bag" teams.

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 22, 2006 08:33PM

Hey Rich, I apologize and agree that Jim is correct about rubbing it in. The point is well taken.

Date: January 23, 2006 12:31PM

[q]But we were proud that they sucked it up and avoided being mercied by winning th ethird period, 2-1.[/q]What's the mercy rule? Ten goal lead ends it? Ugly final, but good job by the kids to keep playing in the third, especially if (as I'm hoping/assuming) they didn't try to take it out on the other kids.

Re: NJ HS game
Date: January 23, 2006 12:42PM

Correct, a ten goal lead after two or in the 3rd ends it. The opposing team handled it well this time but I have seen some that trash-talked, including in the hand-shake line and strutted as if they'd just won the Stanley Cup.

Worse yet, the coaches of said teams did nothing to discipline those kids nor did they play their 3rd or 4th liners even with a huge lead and the issue no longer in doubt. Those kids never saw the ice.

For our kids, the lesson was that if everyone gives a bit more effort, a FULL effort, the results can be very different and the gap between them and a more talented team is much less and they can be competitive.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login