Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Quinnipiac @ Ingalls Rink

Posted by Cactus12 
Quinnipiac @ Ingalls Rink
Posted by: Cactus12 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 08:04PM

I've never been to Ingalls... any advice for parking/eating/etc.?

Looking forward to the game- LGR!

Re: Quinnipiac @ Ingalls Rink
Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 10:09PM

Cactus12
I've never been to Ingalls... any advice for parking/eating/etc.?
[www.roadfood.com]

[pizzatherapy.com]

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.pn.at.cox.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 10:33PM

Agreed. Wooster Square is the place to eat. We usually do street parking on Hillhouse Ave (or thereabouts), a somewhat distant walk to Wooster Square, but very, very close to the rink. Hillhouse is also a pretty street to walk up, for what that's worth. :)

Posted by: Al DeFlorio (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: January 09, 2006 11:25PM

Liz '05
Agreed. Wooster Square is the place to eat. We usually do street parking on Hillhouse Ave (or thereabouts), a somewhat distant walk to Wooster Square, but very, very close to the rink. Hillhouse is also a pretty street to walk up, for what that's worth. :)
We park on Wooster Street for dinner and leave for the rink by 6pm. Still plenty of parking on Hillhouse Avenue. And, yes, it is a lovely street.

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 09:31AM

Not walkable from Ingalls, and a hesitate to recommend it because it's small (10 tables) :), but there's the best middle eastern place I've ever eaten at near York Square on Howe St, called Mamoun's. There's one in NYC and used to be one in Middletown (Ct), but from people who have been to them all, the New Haven one is head and shoulders above. And it's quite cheap.

[www.mamounsfalafel.com]

Very casual atmosphere. There's a water pitcher up on the counter that you can go up and get your own water... but yes, they serve you otherwise... although it's a nice takeout place as well.

I recommend any of the sandwiches or plates, depending how hungry you are. And "large mango juice, no ice" was the drink of choice for my friends and I when we went there during high school. Mmmm, heavenly (although the it's gone down hill a little, but it's still mango juice :) ).

Very small lot behind it (5-6 spaces), otherwise you'll need to find street parking, or there's an open lot one block to the north (towards York Square) on Howe St.

I won't be there this time, but I went before the Yale game a few months ago.

I have a recommendation all worked out for the QU games too... once we actually start playing them in Hamden, but that'll have to wait - and probably until '07-'08, huh? Since we play them early next year.

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: January 10, 2006 10:55AM

DeltaOne81
I have a recommendation all worked out for the QU games too... once we actually start playing them in Hamden, but that'll have to wait - and probably until '07-'08, huh? Since we play them early next year.

Eli's on Whitney, Right? nut

(see the old "NESN right now" thread)

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.raytheon.com)
Date: January 10, 2006 11:17AM

Rita
DeltaOne81

Eli's on Whitney, Right? nut

(see the old "NESN right now" thread)

Haha... yeah, I watched the game :)

No... Aunt Chilada's, although it is on Whitney. Generally just called 'Route 10' 'round where I come from.

[www.auntchilada.com]

I'll actually be there Friday (probably). It's a decent option if you're coming from the north, but isn't really accessible from any highway. They were featured on Unwrapped (on Food Network) for their Hot Scream fried ice cream with Habenero-Strawberry sauce.

Only about a mile from the QU main campus, and a tiny little bit further from the new rink:
[tinyurl.com]

I can come up with a few more Hamden recommendations of a few different styles too (Glenwood Drive-In, there's another cute little Mexican Place south of campus, um... more escape me at the moment), but I guess I'll have to wait for my time ;)

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.bc.yu.edu)
Date: January 10, 2006 01:39PM

DeltaOne81
Not walkable from Ingalls, and a hesitate to recommend it because it's small (10 tables) :), but there's the best middle eastern place I've ever eaten at near York Square on Howe St, called Mamoun's. There's one in NYC and used to be one in Middletown (Ct), but from people who have been to them all, the New Haven one is head and shoulders above. And it's quite cheap.

[www.mamounsfalafel.com]
I live near the one in NYC, and can vouch for its excellence, and also the fact that it's absurdly cheap. I wouldn't go to the one in New Haven, but that's primarily because I have one here. :)

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.19.224.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 03:10PM

We always like Modern...

[www.roadfood.com]

Posted by: mjc (---.ny5030.east.verizon.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 10:59PM

Off the food topic...but... will we have a section (offical or unofficial). The tickets I got are in section (aisle) 10 and I requested seating in a Cornell section and have no idea if they honored it or even cared...

Posted by: KeithK (---.dsl.snfc21.pacbell.net)
Date: January 10, 2006 11:00PM

No idea. but at least for Yale games there are usually enough Cornellians in the house that you don't need to worry about a single section. I suspect plenty of Cornellians will show up for this one too.

Posted by: ebilmes (---.37.19.224.adsl.snet.net)
Date: January 11, 2006 02:19PM

Maybe the Q folks won't be as strict about the pep band...

Posted by: ajec1 (---.dsl1.wyg.mn.frontiernet.net)
Date: January 11, 2006 04:24PM

ebilmes
Maybe the Q folks won't be as strict about the pep band...

We are planning on the same rink staff, so bet on a scaled-down, 25 member alumni band.

Posted by: Killer (---.fidelity.com)
Date: January 11, 2006 04:56PM

Hey, can I bring my bodhrán?

Posted by: marty (---.nycap.res.rr.com)
Date: January 11, 2006 09:23PM

Another take on middle eastern food although at a different price point:

[www.tripadvisor.com]

We ate there after the game last Sunday....which was televised.

Did anyone watching that game (Yale @ Quinnipiac) think that the hit on Cashman should have been called a major? I saw the check coming forty feet before it happened and I thought Dell was lucky that the game didn't get more out of hand when he matched the penalties after the blood letting.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login