Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Jerseys?

Posted by DShaw 
Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jerseys?
Posted by: CowbellGuy (Moderator)
Date: December 08, 2005 04:37PM

Jerseys for the last few years almost universally did not have patches. All of the ones from this year do, however.

Posted by: Jordan 04 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 08, 2005 04:44PM

[Q]CowbellGuy Wrote:

Jerseys for the last few years almost universally did not have patches. All of the ones from this year do, however.[/q]

Both colors do?

Date: December 09, 2005 10:10AM

Yep

Posted by: JasonN95 (---.nrp4.mon.ny.frontiernet.net)
Date: December 09, 2005 11:38AM

Last year the patches said "ECAC" with "Hockey" underneath. This year's ECACHL logo on the website has "Hockey League" underneath. I haven't taken notice of this year's patch, but perhaps it too is updated, such that last year's patches couldn't be recycled.

Posted by: jaybert (---.opac.cornell.edu)
Date: December 09, 2005 12:42PM

so whose going tonight to get their jersey signed? Hopefully I still remember how to skate......

Posted by: jkahn (216.146.73.---)
Date: December 09, 2005 02:01PM

[Q]Jason L Wrote:

so whose going tonight to get their jersey signed? [/q]

Switzerland's a little too far to go.

27 Red

Posted by: cth95 (---.a-315.westelcom.com)
Date: December 09, 2005 06:03PM

Cool.

Posted by: jaybert (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2005 08:14PM

time to play guess the signature:

i tried to make sure I got everyone, but I'm sure I missed some people. They players kept moving around and I cant really read anyone's autograph, so it was hard to figure it out.

I got chabot to sign the back too since thats his jersey....but stupid me had him sign where the name patch should be. not sure what I am going to do now...

Posted by: DeltaOne81 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 09, 2005 09:23PM

You missed Pokuluk, that's the only one I see on a quick peek. Although I counted 19 (incl Chabot), the rosters lists 25, so that would be 5 more. Did you get both Abbotts? I can't tell.

Posted by: Will (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: December 09, 2005 09:32PM

I believe Cam Abbott wasn't around at all tonight.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2005 09:36PM

Chris said he was writting a paper or something of the sort

Date: December 09, 2005 09:46PM

We're bored on a Friday, so we're trying to figure it out for ya... but who the hell is that on the upper left, above Barlow? :)

Edit: Assuming that C-tt is Chris Abbott, you're missing, Bitz, Pokulok, Cam, Mugford, DiLeo, and Matt Connors
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2005 09:50PM by DeltaOne81.

Posted by: Dpperk29 (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: December 09, 2005 09:48PM

yes we truely are bored... bitz maybe?

Date: December 09, 2005 09:51PM

hrm, could of sworn connors is in there somewhere, i didnt see mugford..not sure how i missed bitz and pokulok

Date: December 09, 2005 10:15PM

Well if you got Connors then you missed someone else. But we went through and accounted for each one. The only one we're not pretty darn sure about is Chris Abbott. So if that's Connos, then you wouldn't have Chris. I dunno, your call :)

Date: December 09, 2005 10:21PM

i dont think i have chris's...he was going around the ice and i had a hard time catching him in my shoes :)

Date: December 09, 2005 10:29PM

I thought I heard that Chris Fontas was there, wearing Connors' jersey...which, if true, begs the question of where Connors was.

Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: December 09, 2005 10:59PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

I thought I heard that Chris Fontas was there, wearing Connors' jersey...which, if true, begs the question of where Connors was.[/q]

Yes you are correct. I'm guessing Connors and Mugford (who all weren't there) had exams tonight. The exam schedule is all screwed up this year; I have a regularly scheduled exam at night next Thursday.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2005 11:01PM by redhair34.

Date: December 09, 2005 11:02PM

Well if you don't think you got Chris's, and Connors wasn't there, then I'm back to having no idea who the hell that is above Barlow :)

Date: December 09, 2005 11:15PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Well if you don't think you got Chris's, and Connors wasn't there, then I'm back to having no idea who the hell that is above Barlow [/q]

Bitz? He was there.

Date: December 09, 2005 11:18PM

[Q]DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Well if you don't think you got Chris's, and Connors wasn't there, then I'm back to having no idea who the hell that is above Barlow [/q]

Can somebody tell me what the signatures on Jason L's jersey are? I think I can discern most of them, but I'm having trouble figuring out two or three of them (including the one above Barlow).

Date: December 09, 2005 11:22PM

[Q]Will Wrote:

DeltaOne81 Wrote:

Well if you don't think you got Chris's, and Connors wasn't there, then I'm back to having no idea who the hell that is above Barlow [/Q]
Can somebody tell me what the signatures on Jason L's jersey are? I think I can discern most of them, but I'm having trouble figuring out two or three of them (including the one above Barlow).[/q]

I think it's Bitz

Date: December 10, 2005 01:50PM

oh yeah..i am a moron btw.

i had chabot sign my jersey on both the front and the back, since its his, and he personalized it on the back to me.

of course I'm an idiot and asked him to sign it where the name patch is goign to go. so now i'm not sure if I'm going to get the name patch, since it will cover up the sig. on the back.

Date: December 14, 2005 05:36PM

Sweet! Got my #1 Red in the mail today. I was going to leave the name off because so many good goaltenders have worn this number. I think I will put Chabot's name back on it in respect to him, however. He certainly deserves it after sticking with the program and playing well when he was called upon this year despite being a backup throughout his career. Besides, in a few years we can see how many people know who it is when I go to games. That would definitely be a sign of a good fan. :-)
There are only a few puck marks which would be cool anyway, but there is a rust or burn line across the top of the letters from the "R" to the 1st "L". Not sure what that is or how it got there.

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.n)
Date: December 14, 2005 11:17PM

[Q]cth95 Wrote:
There are only a few puck marks which would be cool anyway, but there is a rust or burn line across the top of the letters from the "R" to the 1st "L". Not sure what that is or how it got there. [/q]

A lot of goalie jerseys have a faded red spot across the back of the jersey from leaning against the crossbar. But I have a hunch that if you watch Louis during the next home game, you might find that he has a habit of leaning forward against the top of the boards, which is painted red.

Date: December 15, 2005 11:41AM

I have red all over my white practice jersey from the crossbar like you said. You have a good idea about the bench, but this is a rust or burned color and less than 1/2" wide. It looks a little like some of the spots on my T-shirts that I throw on a metal staircase to dry after I play. The difference is that it is a line, so I thought maybe he left it hanging on something metal when it was wet. I guess without asking Louis I will never know for sure.
On a side note, I was psyched to wear it last night. The jersey must have a good vibe, because I played one of the best games of my life, getting a tie game despite facing about 70 shots compared to about 20 for the other goalie. Somehow I was doing things like kicking rebounds out of the air with my leg pad while lying on my back from the initial save. I hope that keeps up. :-D

Posted by: Rita (---.agry.purdue.edu)
Date: December 15, 2005 12:53PM

wow....
Had I known the jerseys came with "magical powers" I would have gotten one much early, like back when i was playing hockey in ithaca......

unfortunately, no place to play here and see if cam's #14 has extra special "hustle power". Well I guess i *could* wear it on the local skating circle (yes, skating circle) and see how many toddlers i can skate through ;-)

Rita

Posted by: Josh '99 (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: December 15, 2005 10:06PM

[Q]cth95 Wrote:
I have red all over my white practice jersey from the crossbar like you said. You have a good idea about the bench, but this is a rust or burned color and less than 1/2" wide. It looks a little like some of the spots on my T-shirts that I throw on a metal staircase to dry after I play. The difference is that it is a line, so I thought maybe he left it hanging on something metal when it was wet. I guess without asking Louis I will never know for sure.[/q]Hang-dried on a wire hanger?

Date: December 16, 2005 10:51AM

Now that you mention it, that's what it looks like. Probably a good call.

Re: Jerseys? What font?
Posted by: WillR (205.232.75.---)
Date: December 22, 2005 10:53AM

OK sorry to rehash an old topic that was adequately answered already, but what font should the name on the jersey be in, and did someone say the place to get it done was down by Wegmanns?

-WillR

Posted by: Liz '05 (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: December 22, 2005 01:43PM

WillR
OK sorry to rehash an old topic that was adequately answered already, but what font should the name on the jersey be in, and did someone say the place to get it done was down by Wegmanns?

-WillR

Font? Not sure, but it should be sans serif.
Place to get it done: PSP. Take a right onto the road immediately before Wegman's and Mcguire's Nissan/Ford(?) dealership (so that Wegman's will be on your left), follow to the T-stop. Turn left onto Cherry St, follow to the end of the road. PSP will be on your left (245 Cherry St).

Posted by: cornelldavy (---.vnnyca.adelphia.net)
Date: December 22, 2005 02:09PM

Liz '05
WillR

-WillR

Font? Not sure, but it should be sans serif.
Place to get it done: PSP. Take a right onto the road immediately before Wegman's and Mcguire's Nissan/Ford(?) dealership (so that Wegman's will be on your left), follow to the T-stop. Turn left onto Cherry St, follow to the end of the road. PSP will be on your left (245 Cherry St).

I'd suggest finding and printing out a picture of your player that shows his name on the back of the jersey and telling PSP that you want it to look exactly like that.

Anyone know if there are still jerseys available.
Posted by: JTW's scarf (---.hsd1.ma.comcast.net)
Date: December 22, 2005 09:32PM

Randomly came across this thread and definitely would like to get one as a late Xmas present for someone. Has anyone called up and been informed that there are none left? Maybe I'll make a quick call tomorrow.

Re: Anyone know if there are still jerseys available.
Date: December 23, 2005 08:02AM

JTW's scarf
Randomly came across this thread and definitely would like to get one as a late Xmas present for someone. Has anyone called up and been informed that there are none left? Maybe I'll make a quick call tomorrow.

I'm sure there are SOME jerseys left, but the likelihood of getting the one you want is slim, assuming you're going to want one of the jerseys that most everyone else wanted (i.e., those of the popular players like McKee, Moulson, etc.). One thing to keep in mind is that today is supposedly the last day the university will be open until January 3 (at least that's the way it is for most staff members), so if the Teagle issue room is even open today, it likely won't be open tomorrow.

Posted by: HeafDog (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 23, 2005 11:08AM

I just received my jersey back from PSP last night via UPS Ground. I had them put a nameplate with a seven-letter name, and a single-digit number on the jersey, and they charged me $48 (before tax but including shipping) for it. It was somewhat more than I thought it would be. Is that about the same amount that other people have paid for PSP's services, or did I get horked?

Posted by: ben03 (---.rochester.res.rr.com)
Date: December 23, 2005 11:53AM

HeafDog
I just received my jersey back from PSP last night via UPS Ground. I had them put a nameplate with a seven-letter name, and a single-digit number on the jersey, and they charged me $48 (before tax but including shipping) for it. It was somewhat more than I thought it would be. Is that about the same amount that other people have paid for PSP's services, or did I get horked?
wait a sec ... you had them put a number on? first, did you have it put on the back and arms? if this is the case, then you got a decent deal if that includes the nameplate. if you just paid for a nameplate then they ripped you off. or PSP are possibly ripping everyone off now? my nameplate was $5 and letters were $3, totaling $20. FWIW, this was in 2000.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2005 11:56AM by ben03.

Posted by: HeafDog (---.ny325.east.verizon.net)
Date: December 23, 2005 12:04PM

I had them put a number on the back. No arms. And this wasn't a game-worn jersey, if that helps any (there wasn't already a number on there).

I have no idea how much of the $48 was for shipping. I'll have to find out.

Posted by: jaybert (---.hsd1.tx.comcast.net)
Date: December 23, 2005 01:58PM

honestly i dont think there are any jerseys left...when I went to pick mine up they said they were all spoken for.

of course there is a chance that maybe some people who reserved one did not pay for them, so they are back up for sale. would be worth a shot calling up to see if they had any left.

Re: Anyone know if there are still jerseys available.
Posted by: jtwcornell91 (---.no.no.cox.net)
Date: December 23, 2005 02:56PM

JTW's scarf

Y'know, if my scarf is able to crawl over to the computer and post to the eLF, I'm thinking it's time to break out the Woolite. uhoh

Re: Jerseys?- Red or White? if male, choose RED
Posted by: Rita (---.med.miami.edu)
Date: August 06, 2010 05:00PM

Hey guys, on game night have you had trouble deciding whether to wear your Red or White Cornell game worn jersey?

If you are looking to attract the ladies, this article says you should wear your RED.**]
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2010 05:37PM by Rita.

Posted by: Swampy (---.ri.ri.cox.net)
Date: August 07, 2010 05:44PM

Rita
Hey guys, on game night have you had trouble deciding whether to wear your Red or White Cornell game worn jersey?

If you are looking to attract the ladies, this article says you should wear your RED.**]

Damn! I bought a tasteful gray sweatshirt with just a small, red Cornell "C" my freshman year and wore it on every road trip during all my years on the hill. Now you tell me this. No wonder I never got laid. doh
Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2010 05:48PM by Swampy.

Posted by: statenaurora (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 05, 2010 12:08PM

Just wondering if the process of obtaining a jersey is the same as stated in the FAQ:

"Acquiring a jersey from the Teagle issue room is actually quite a straight forward process with the proper information in hand. You need to contact William Reynolds (wlr5 at cornell.edu) via email to let him know you are interested. You then simply need to stop by the issue room during the week between 10am and 4pm to pick up your jersey. The jerseys are $100 apiece and have had the name plates and captain's letters removed."

I would guess there are different times during the year that jerseys are available. Would this be correct and if so when are jerseys typically available?

Thanks.

Posted by: ajh258 (---.res-wired.cornell.edu)
Date: September 05, 2010 04:01PM

statenaurora
Just wondering if the process of obtaining a jersey is the same as stated in the FAQ:

"Acquiring a jersey from the Teagle issue room is actually quite a straight forward process with the proper information in hand. You need to contact William Reynolds (wlr5 at cornell.edu) via email to let him know you are interested. You then simply need to stop by the issue room during the week between 10am and 4pm to pick up your jersey. The jerseys are $100 apiece and have had the name plates and captain's letters removed."

I would guess there are different times during the year that jerseys are available. Would this be correct and if so when are jerseys typically available?

Thanks.

Jerseys are $125 a piece. Email Bill now, they are generally available right before the season starts. Last year, they didn't sell them out immediately. Players don't change jerseys throughout the season so this is the only time they are guaranteed to be available.

Edit: I think the Jerseys are $125 each. I spent $250 for two, but cannot recall. Phone Bill and he'll let you know.
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2010 12:49AM by ajh258.

Posted by: David Harding (---.hsd1.il.comcast.net)
Date: September 06, 2010 12:34AM

My sense is that early December is typically when the previous year's are released, but it worth inquiring at the source.

Posted by: statenaurora (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: September 06, 2010 06:03PM

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear $250 was for two. I sent my request in today.

Date: September 07, 2010 09:54AM

You won't be able to reserve a jersey by e-mail. It will just get you on Bill's list. He'll send out an e-mail around 7am the day they're available and it's first come, first served. I think you can call to get them if you're not local, but not until the magic e-mail goes out. In the past, they've been available any time from late October through December. The $125 price is correct. I'll try to remember to update the FAQ.

Posted by: statenaurora (---.syr.edu)
Date: December 20, 2010 11:00AM

Wearing my jersey at the office party today as a stand in for a Santa costume. Close enough.

Page: Previous1 2 
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login