Updates automatically
Twitter Link
CHN iOS App

NCAA
1967 1970

ECAC
1967 1968 1969 1970 1973 1980 1986 1996 1997 2003 2005 2010

IVY
1966 1967 1968 1969 1970 1971 1972 1973 1977 1978 1983 1984 1985 1996 1997 2002 2003 2004 2005 2012 2014

Cleary Spittoon
2002 2003 2005

Ned Harkness Cup
2003 2005 2008 2013

Brendon
Iles
Pokulok
Schafer
Syphilis

Another goalie recruit goes elsewhere

Posted by ithacat 
Another goalie recruit goes elsewhere
Posted by: ithacat (---.twcny.res.rr.com)
Date: November 25, 2005 05:47PM

Ryan Simpson (6'1", 180), the EJHL's top goalie this year has selected Providence, according to USHR. Simpson, a B-rated prospect (NHL Central Scouting), also considered Cornell, Clarkson, and Dartmouth. On Sunday, according to the report, Simpson had 31 saves in helping his team beat the U17s, 3-1.

For a school that could be considered GoaltenderU (at least for the past few years), it's a little surprising Cornell seems to be struggling to bring in a goalie. There's still some talented kids out there, but with each name off the board the knot in my stomach gets a little bigger.

Re: Another goalie recruit goes elsewhere
Posted by: ftyuv (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 06:29PM

I always guessed that at least part of that was a "why sit on the bench and watch McKee?" thinking. I wonder, with McKee a bit older and sometimes getting pulled, whether that's something that'll change.

Date: November 25, 2005 06:44PM

[Q]ftyuv Wrote:

I always guessed that at least part of that was a "why sit on the bench and watch McKee?" thinking. I wonder, with McKee a bit older and sometimes getting pulled, whether that's something that'll change.[/q]

In fairness to David, he's only been pulled once. There's certainly some truth to your first point, though Cheverie (06?) & Simpson (07) are kids who might not be planning to wear their college jerseys until after David's graduated. They would have had the opportunity to step right into the lineup. I think playing time may have influenced Sauer's decision last year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2005 12:42AM by ithacat.

Posted by: ftyuv (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: November 25, 2005 06:47PM

Oh, I don't mean to start another David-bashing session :) But now it's at least been demonstrated that there's a bit of a chance to get a little playing time with him still on the roster.

Date: November 25, 2005 07:07PM

[Q]ftyuv Wrote:

Oh, I don't mean to start another David-bashing session But now it's at least been demonstrated that there's a bit of a chance to get a little playing time with him still on the roster.[/q]

I didn't take it that way. I'm sure we're all pulling for him (and the team) to return to form.

Our D goes to Sucks
Posted by: johnnieAg'99 (---.equityresources.com)
Date: November 30, 2005 08:39AM

USHR is reporting that "big, smooth skating" D Ian Tallet choose Harvard over us, CC, MSU, Dartmouth, & Princeton. Has anyone heard anything about Chad Morin?

Re: Our D goes to Sucks
Posted by: pfibiger (---.hsd1.ca.comcast.net)
Date: November 30, 2005 10:20AM

[Q]johnnieAg'99 Wrote:

USHR is reporting that "big, smooth skating" D Ian Tallet choose Harvard over us, CC, MSU, Dartmouth, & Princeton. Has anyone heard anything about Chad Morin? [/q]

That's a bummer. I noticed he'd committed the other day, but didn't realize we were in the running for him. Maybe we used up all of our recruiting mojo on forwards (and Brendon Nash, who is the real sleeper of the draft class so far. An older article talked about how we pretty much made him an offer before other schools had a chance to talk to him He's a big guy, and now after the CAJHL prospects game, the NHL players to watch list, he'd definitely be a sought after commodity).

sen '08 is our Chad Morin information pipeline, but I did read an interview that said:

"The 3.5 student in classroom is hoping to earn a scholarhip offer to play college hockey and is leaning toward an Ivy League program."

It also mentioned that his sister is a swimmer at Ithaca College.

Re: Our D goes to Sucks
Posted by: redhair34 (---.resnet.cornell.edu)
Date: November 30, 2005 11:05AM

[Q]pfibiger Wrote:

(and Brendon Nash, who is the real sleeper of the draft class so far. An older article talked about how we pretty much made him an offer before other schools had a chance to talk to him He's a big guy, and now after the CAJHL prospects game, the NHL players to watch list, he'd definitely be a sought after commodity)[/q]

Nash has definitely picked up his scoring this year. He has 20 points after twenty games this year and has eclipsed his point total from last season. Last year he managed 17 points in 59 games.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login